• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WATO13.5 - Weekend After The Oblectation - Now with Pools!! and $3 door fee :D

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Kirby if you're asking who to send your saved replays to. I can record anything from this tourney. I encourage you guys to save stuff. I'll be happy to put 'em up~

That is if you want me to of course.

:rosalina:

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
If I can get a ride to this I'll come. Trying to talk to lade about it but he is being a scrub and dodging me. <3.

Really, no hate.

Lade
Redhalberd
Halzy
Redhalzy
African DI
Metaknight
RedMetaknight
Tornado
Tornado
poltergust

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Dang, I'd bring my set-up like a good tourney-goer if it all wasn't locked up in my dorm. ><
(I've still yet to return back to campus for end of winter break)

Can't wait for this. And Ace, we need to play again; I feel a lot better about my game now.
OHH, it's on noww!! First-tourney-player-ever-played-rivalryyy!!!

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
i think i will be here and i will bring a setup if it is needed also i have a capture card so i can get replays for you guys.

Naples had to bail on zp so wato it is.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
i think i will be here and i will bring a setup if it is needed also i have a capture card so i can get replays for you guys.

Naples had to bail on zp so wato it is.
"I guess if i cant get first at ZP, i'll get first at WATO"
GO VIPER! SWAMPNIGGGA Representation!

Noa.

Smash Master
Starter Stages: (Top seed strikes 2 stages first, then the other player strikes 3 stages, then the top seed picks between the final 2 remaining stages)

Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Final Destination
Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick stages: (each player receives 1 ban per set)

Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Stage list?

Taken from ZP.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
That's the Pound V Ruleset

Here's the rest in case we will need to go back to it.

[collapse="Pound V Ruleset provided by Tantalus"]
Might make this look better later.

*POUND* 5 RULESET

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Sets best of 3 games.
* Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals will be played best of 5.

* In the event of a dispute, higher seeded players have the choice of controller port. If there is a question of who is the higher seed, let the TO decide.

* Like APEX, players will be permitted to have 1 coach that sits with them during the match and may assist them. Between games, players may individually take up to 3 minutes to consult players but must make a counterpick or ban choice with in 3 minutes of the previous match ending. If you do not make a CP or Ban choice within 3 minutes of the first game ending, you will lose that game. The lone exception to this is if there was a ruling question that required a TO's attention. If there is any dispute on this, please find a TO right away. This rule will not be strictly enforced but the idea is to keep you from stalling a match looking for a coach. Please don't test my patience on this.

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port or to save on time you could just agree to something on your own. If there is a conflict in singles, RPS will come into effect as well. You may also use the G&W Judgment hammer method as well to decide this.

* Colorblind Rule: If a player is colorblind, they may choose their teams color.

* Metaknight's Infinite/Extended Cape glitch is banned. Extending it via the air is acceptable.

* You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties. The opposing party has EVERY RIGHT TO CALL A JUDGE TO DQ YOU FOR PAUSING MID MATCH TO FIX THIS. I recommend x+y+starting before each match.

* If you pause a match for anything other than an emergency, the opposing player has every right to report you to the TO. If you are caught pausing in a game, you will lose the stock you are on. We do not care what the reasoning is. If you pause, you lose a stock. Unless there is a fire or the tv loses power there shouldn't be any pausing of the game period.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* If there is an action that causes a freeze that doesn't require a game reset, you must hit that player out of stun immediately. Failure to do so will result in forfeit of the team that initiated the freeze glitch. (See the diddy teams freeze glitch as an example)

* Matches and Pools will be called. Do not play matches on your own. If players play a match out of order in the tournament bracket, Both players will be disqualified and the person that was skipped over will advance past both of them.

* Bowser/Ganon/Dedede/Kirbyciding- This results of this happening is whatever the game says. Even if the Ganon/DeDeDe/Kirby dies first. If the game reports sudden death, please refer to sudden death procedures (see below.)

* Sudden Death will not be played out. In the event of a sudden death the winner is determined by stock, then percentage. If the sudden death was initiated by a suicide KO- the players will have a 1 stock, 3 minute timer game to determine the winner. If a 2nd sudden death is reached and it is also a tie, then another 1 stock, 3 minute timer game will be played. If this game ends in tie via suicide kill, the player that did the most damage overall will win the set. Basically a "triple overtime" is the limit.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end immediately after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

*"Continuous Sharking" is banned. This can be denoted as flying under the stage repeatedly with any character that can glide, just to fly back to the other side again without approaching the opponent. First offense will be a warning, 2nd will be a stock, and 3rd will be the game.

* There will be a 50 ledge grab rule in this tournament for singles. This will come into play if the time runs out. If the timer runs out, and a person has over 50 ledge grabs, they will lose regardless of the outcome. If both players have over 50 ledge grabs, it goes back to normal sudden death procedures for time outs.

* There will be a combined 110 ledge grab rule in teams PER TEAM. This will come into play if the time runs out. If the timer runs out, and a team has over 110 ledge grabs combined, they will lose regardless of the outcome. If both teams have over 110 ledge grabs, it goes back to normal sudden death procedures for time outs.

Doubles Rules: Team Attack ON, Life Stealing is allowed

Wii Hack Rules: Wii hacks are banned, with the exception of:

1. Infinite Replay

No other hacks will be on. I will have an SD card to load the game with the infinite replays. SD cards ARE BANNED. If you have your own SD card, you may load the infinite replay code yourself, but there should not be SD cards in the wii's, period. There have been too many problems with this in the past. I will do my best to enforce this- but it ultimately be the player's responsibility to make sure the wii they are playing on does not have an SD card in it. If a texture hack is found on that changes the size or physics of a stage and causes a match dispute, the match will be replayed, end of story. Please do me a favor and do not bring texture or stage hacks here.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Players pick character. Double blind pick may be called
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned from counterpicks or neutrals for the set
4. The first game is played on a stage that both players agree on through striking. If both players agree to a stage and wish not to strike they may start on that stage.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON

Additional Rules

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

*Wiimotes and classic controllers are allowed but we would prefer if you used gamecube. You are responsible for your controller. Take any necessary actions to prevent interference such as removing batteries. If we find your wiimote has interrupted or impededed a tourney set, you will be disqualified from the event.

*Important one: Plank's DQ rules. If you're DQ'd from a match, you are out of the tournament, not just winners bracket.

*Don't be douche. Because I'll be one back.

Stage Lists--

Starter Stages: (Top seed strikes 2 stages first, then the other player strikes 3 stages, then the top seed picks between the final 2 remaining stages)

Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Final Destination
Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Please read the above information carefully. By participating, you are agreeing to follow all rules. Any failure to do so can and will result in you being asked to leave (no refund). Also by participating you are agreeing not to hold us responsible for any property or personal loss or damage.

Please let me know if I missed anything obvious as this is quite a comprehensive set so there is a chance I could have missed something. But for the most part, this is what you'll be playing with at Pound 5.
[/collapse]

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)

Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Final Destination
Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Official rule set.

Razek

Smash Apprentice
And we have me, not tryina like toot my own horn, but i always call all the drivers, and the proposed people in each car and give them all each others numbers and make sure everyone is clear with each other. I go out of my way to do this for everyone because like Esam said, we actually give a ****.
Likes this post

by the way the time frames for when the tournament starts really prevents me from going sadly

hrnut on razek's account

-MERO-

Smash Apprentice
Yo is the singles brawl tourney rly starts at 8:30pm? if so i might be able to be at hbox's house by 8pm

-MERO-

Smash Apprentice
Hbox can u please add me to the roster, im at work on my break and i can only go at night, i hope u let me register when i get there, im very busy with work so thats why im pretty inactive on smash offline. pls let me enter.

-MERO-

Smash Apprentice
If brawl singles was at 8:30pm i would have gone, oh well.

Im pretty sure brawl singles is almost done by now, i wanted to go to get a little active on smash, but i guess not, hungrybox next time put an exact time to run the fights, dont put "no later than 8:30pm" or none of that, put an exact time so i can be there and so everything runs on the exact time

Top Bottom