• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FullMetal and TrueGamer presents: "GG"!!! March 5th!

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
GG! (Georgia Gaming)

So guys, its been a while since GA's had a tournament. Get hyped, cause we've definitely come through for you this time!

The venue:

Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia
1405 Mall of Georgia Boulevard Buford, GA 30519

This place is suitable for a 20-30 man tournament, so thats about what we want: ALL of GA to show up to this!

They have a BALLER lounge:

And plenty of outdoor space- with access straight from the conference room we'll be using!
They also light a firepit every night around 5pm, so we'll get to enjoy that as well. =)
Also, they have a self-contained starbucks, a full bar, and a restaurant. That means you don't have to leave the venue to get food or drinks!
And if you wanted to leave anyhow, its RIGHT AT the Mall of GA, you have all of the food options that such an awesome location provides! (I'd recommend Ghengis Grill though, cause its the ****)

The info:

Tournament start time is 10am, PLEASE try to be there on time~!

Door fee is 5$
Singles is 10$
Teams is 10$ PER PERSON (that means 20$ per team)

Payouts for singles will be
1st- 60%
2nd- 30%
3rd- 10%

Payouts for doubles will be
1st-60%
2nd- 30%
3rd- 10%

We need a few TVs and setups, so please bring yours!
There will be no discount for doing so in this case, though- sorries!
But I'll ruv you rong time if you help out and bring a setup!

The rules:

4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

Games are best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Pools will be done first if neccessary, followed by brackets. Both singles and doubles will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: I dont think this should be a problem anyways.

In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at MY discretion.

Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected through STAGE STRIKING.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay, Mute City and Green Greens.

WOBBLING IS BANNED

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect. (The loser/counterpicking player may NOT choose to counterpick the stage they last won on in the set.)

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

I think thats everything... post if you're interested in attending, also if you're able to bring a setup or TV.
This is gonna be so hype, I hope all of GA turns out to this- if turnout is as expected, this could even turn into a monthly or bi-monthly event!

GET AT MEH

Zone

Smash Champion
I'll probably try to come to this. 6 hours isn't So bad. I'll see if any other NFL want to come.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Moar hypeeeeeee (and setups will be brought)

Yoooo hype matches/potentially semis should be 3/5? Idk, I just love 3/5s =]

Uh, get at me GA... I'm calling Druggedfox not dropping a single game this tourney

/trashtalk

Edit: Florida should come

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
i mean.... it's not like FR is having melee. :o

but yeah, i'll try to be there or something.

OR

SOMETHING
Yeah, but I know of at least a few active GA melee players who'd like to attend Final Round, and I'm taking the issue of choosing between the two out, so that they are able to attend both if they so desire.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Dogy let's team if xif doesn't go :)
"Who needs to ban your *** when we can just troll you to death instead?"
Yeah, but I know of at least a few active GA melee players who'd like to attend Final Round, and I'm taking the issue of choosing between the two out, so that they are able to attend both if they so desire.
*points to potential team name*

I know man, I was just ****in 'round.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Important update:

If an out-of-stater comes to this and wins, they also win a 25 lb bag of salt.
Forreals.

In fact, if you do not accept said bag of salt, I will hold your winnings untill such a time as you can receive it. >=D

D

Deleted member

The winner should be forced to take the bag of salt through airport security then be able to receive their winnings later.

I'm sure nobody's ever tried to smuggle anything remotely illegal in a sack full of white crystallized grains, so you'd be in the clear.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
^Hey, you coming to this? Btw, I forgot your real name. We added each other on facebook, but I can't remember your name. >.<

BBQ°

Smash Champion
^Hey, you coming to this? Btw, I forgot your real name. We added each other on facebook, but I can't remember your name. >.<
Yep, I'll be here. My real name is Anthony. Also, your last name is Nguyen right? I think I might've deleted you off my facebook a few weeks ago, because I completely forgot who you are (lol my bad), but then again, I might have kept you added because I saw some smashers as mutual friends.

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
I think I'm finally seeing the light of day for tournaments. :) Hype.

Nana Banana

Smash Apprentice
I could pretty easily go. ~.0 question is, should I? Maybe I'll just hang out, and not compete, bleh.
Edit: XD It's melee, my bad, I can'ttt. But you guys have fun!

D

Deleted member

Aughhhhh

Something came up and idk if I can still go to this tourney.

I might be able to come here at least for a few hours.

Rayku

Smash Lord
it's a month away and you tricks are already bailing on a tournament that's like an hour away from you

Good stuff GA

Top Bottom