• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duke Biweeklies:Smashin' with Passion: Round 6

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
Duke University Craven House B commons (same place as the where the State tourney was held here at Duke).

Address:
Chapel Drive, Durham, NC 27708

Parking:
Free parking on weekends in the Bryan Center parking lot. It is found on Science Drive which is off of Towerview Road. From the parking lot, walk into the Bryan Center and exit in the front. At this point you should see Panda Express on your right. Walk down the walkway past the hot dog stand and you will be on West Campus Main Quad. Craven is nearly straight down from the Walkway. It is next to the Few Archway. If you need help, you can call me and I will come and get you. PM me for my phone number.

Parking is at 125 Science Dr, Durham, NC 27708. You should be able to park free in the Bryan Center lot (the parking garage usually charges you). Note there is limited space in the lot so make sure to get there early.

You can also park on central campus which is on Erwin Rd. A decent sized lot is found at 202 Alexander Avenue. From central, take the busstop to West Campus.

Pricing:
No Door Fee

$5 Brawl Singles
$10 Brawl Doubles ($5 per person)
$5 Melee Singles
$6 Melee Doubles ($3 per person)

>25 entrants
Pot Split: 50/25/10/7.5/7.5

>8 entrants
Pot Split: 60/30/10

<8 entrants
Round Robin
Winner Takes All

Setups
PLEASE bring full setups for brawl and melee. I will provide between 4 and 5 full brawl setups. But I need partial and full setups desperately.

Schedule:
10:30 Registration and friendlies begin
1:00 Melee Doubles
3:00-3:30 Food Break
3:30-6:00 Melee Singles
5:30 - 7:30 Brawl Doubles
7:30-9:30 Brawl Singles

Some brackets may be run concurrently . Once again, I emphasize the need for people to show up on time so as to run all events in a timely manner.

Please arrive at the event by 1:00. I am not one to disqualify someone for not being at the event on time so what will end up happening is that the brawl bracket will be held up (as long as you call in advance) which unfortunately pushes the entire tourney back. Let's make this enjoyable. Try to show up on time. If you live far away, you are welcome to come the night before. You can sleep in the common room. Just call me when you get here and I will let you in.

One note to take is that while I will not disqualify someone for being late to the venue, I will consistently disqualify people that are at the venue and leave for somewhere else and cannot/do not do their matches. Please see the disqualify ruling I will be using in the note below.

***Low Tier denotes Low Tier and Lower Middle Tier (Tiers D E F and Ganon)

We will go by the following Tier List:
S: Meta Knight
A: Snake, Diddy Kong, Falco, Wario, Marth, Ice Climbers
B: Olimar, Pikachu, King Dedede, Mr. Game & Watch, Lucario, Zero Suit Samus
C: Toon Link, Kirby, Fox, R.O.B., Pit, Peach, Donkey Kong
D: Luigi, Wolf, (Zelda/Sheik), Sonic, Ike, Sheik, Ness, Pokémon Trainer
E: Yoshi, Lucas, Mario, Bowser
F: Captain Falcon, Samus, Jigglypuff, Link, Zelda
G: Ganondorf

Luigi is banned from low-tier singles. He is not banned from low-tier doubles. Wolf and Sheik are not banned unless tourney results indicate that they are over-powered for a low-tier tourney.

NOTE 1: Scheduling is subject to change and will most likely change. If you are going to be late, please call in advance.

NOTE 2: In order to have these run as quickly as possible, THE DQ RULE WILL BE ENFORCED. You get 20 mins with no advance notice and 40 mins with advance notice before you sacrifice match 1. Match 2 is sacrificed 8 minutes after match 1 is sacrificed.

Rules:
Brawl will use the unified brawl rule-set.

Melee rules still to be determined.

Food:
Off Campus:
Hillsborough Road (Driving Distance)

On Campus:
Subway
McDonalds
Panda Express
Pauly's Dogs (Hotdog Stand)
The Loop (offers a selection of burgers, pizza, and soups)
Greek Food Cart
Chick-Fil-A (open until 2:30 I think)

Past Tournament Results:

Round 1: The Coup De'tat --

Singles:

1) Kadaj
1) Sushi-Man
3) Mekos
4) Shady Penguin
5) Rocketpsience
5) LDPK
7) Stock
7) Fyre
9) ZeldaRox!
9) Arc
9) 313
9) Pi
13) DJRome
13) TheGODehT
13) Mizu
13) Werk
17) Purple Boots
17) Cake
17) Dr. Yogi

Doubles:

1)Shady SwordPlay (Shady Penguin and Kadaj)
2) Harold and Kumar (Sushi-Man and Jon?)
3)PK Thunder (Mekos and LDPK)
4) Dvine Zelda (The GODehT and ZeldaRox!)
5) Get Werked (Werk and Arc)
5) Stock and Fyre (Stock and Fyre)
7) Rocketpsience and Mizu (Rocketpsience and Mizu)
7) Kicka$$ Ninjas (313 and Dr. Yogi)

Low-Tier Singles:

1) Kadaj
2) Shady Penguin
3) LDPK
4) TheGODehT
5) Sushi-Man
5) Rocketpsience
7) Stock
7) ZeldaRox!
9) Funk
9) Cake
9) ARC
13) KillerSOS

Apologies to KillerSOS for getting bracket f***ed because I forgot to add him. I really am sorry. Next low-tier tourney I will pay your entry fee. :)

Round 2: Establishing the New World Order

Canceled because of snow. Turned into a smashfest. Lots of fun. Thanks to all who came out.

Round 3: A New Foundation Has Been Layed

Results:

Singles:

1) Mongoose (Falco, MK, Wario)
2) Shady (Snake)
3) Vice (MK)
4) Rag (MK, DK)
5) Seth (MK)
5) Fyre (Pit)
7) Waldorf ( )
7) Stock (ROB, Snake)
9) R
9) Pi (Pikachu, MK)
9) 313 (ROB, Snake)
9) Tru (DDD, )
11) Killanator ( )
11) Diantenshi (Samus)
11) ZeldaRox (Falco, Zelda/Sheik, MK)
13) Gooie ( )

Doubles

1) MvC Free (Shady and Keith)
2) Pancake Nipples (Vice and Stock)
3) DKC Free (Uncle and Waldorf)
4) Team Trey (Fyre and Killanator)
5) Ben and Jerry (Pi and Tru)
6) We Gonna Spam You (ZeldaRox! and 313)

LT Singles

1) Shady (Wolf)
2) Uncle (Bowser)
3) Stock (Sheik)
4) Waldorf (Lucas)
5) ZeldaRox (Zelda/Sheik)
5) Pi (Ganon)
7) Antonio (Sheik)
7) Killanator (Mario)

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
this is the new thread; the other one was not listed in the tournament calendar. This one is.

I mainly did this so as to get the word "brawl" placed before the name of the event.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I hope everyone is able to make it. So far it looks like we have at least 10 ppl already confirmed. And that doesn't include anyone from NC State. I am pretty sure they would probably come.

These usually get good turnouts. I hope to keep that going.

Dublio

Smash Ace
I'm having a smashfest at this location this Saturday at noon (Jan. 22), because I don't feel like driving 6 hours to go to Steve's tourney. Sorries Steve. :o This is mainly for the Raleigh/Durham people but anyone is welcome. I'm bringing a tv and wii + brawl, and hopefully we'll have a fun time.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I'm having a smashfest at this location this Saturday at noon (Jan. 22), because I don't feel like driving 6 hours to go to Steve's tourney. Sorries Steve. :o This is mainly for the Raleigh/Durham people but anyone is welcome. I'm bringing a tv and wii + brawl, and hopefully we'll have a fun time.
u might wanna post this bulletin in the ATL South Forum where Steve posted his. Almost no one is gonna see this :)

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
if i continue stealing money from small children at other random game store brawl tournies i'll be here
this, this right here

this made me 'lol'

hope to c u here. u n foxy. and the rest of raleigh.

and good look with your pillaging and thievery. children are such free targets. :)

V1CE

Smash Champion
Me and duo taken 1st... hopefully a bunch of people come... Ima try to place in themoney in singles too.... we will see. I would like sushi to come and yet also not come lmaooo... I would like to play him again but o well.

Dublio

Smash Ace
Erm, I can't make it anymore. Parent johns. Sorry. =/

I now feel absolutely terrible because so many people were counting on me. Sorry everyone.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
what would be a brawl tournament without cam....

lol

glad ur coming cam....i guess

;)

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
killanator, just a word of advice. Ignore cam. Like just ignore him.

He's alright in person. On the boards you just wanna ignore him.

I cannot emphasize enough to just ignore him.

IGNORE HIM.

Killanator90

Smash Journeyman
killanator, just a word of advice. Ignore cam. Like just ignore him.

He's alright in person. On the boards you just wanna ignore him.

I cannot emphasize enough to just ignore him.

IGNORE HIM.
So he acts like an ******* on the fourms cuz he is safe behind his little computer. It's a different story in person.

How often are tourneys held at duke?

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
lol I think I'm gonna like this guy

I try to host every 2 weeks. But now NC has so many tourney's going on its hard to reserve a date. We have 2 monthlies running, and this biweekly. Then we have a struggling tourney series in Greensboro that hosts once every 2 months or so. And we have the Chapel Hill ppl running a tourney series. I dunno how often they will run. And then we have the all but dead NC State series. They used to run biweeklies. Rumor has it that they will be picking back up.

So I try to host once every two weeks at least when I can pick a date and not be an *** and host the same day as another tourney.

But I'm almost positive that I'm going to host a tourney on the 12th of February also. And then there is pound. And I dunno after that. I don't know if the 26th would be a good day or not. Most of NC probably won't have money for the tourney considering the costs associated with pound (hotel, entrance, gas, food, etc.).

But at the very least I will probably host a smashfest on the 26th for all who want to attend.

Top Bottom