• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duke Biweeklies:Smashin' with Passion: Round 6

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord

has never broken more than 10 attendance = struggling

lol

but it's alright; hopefully u get a good turnout this time

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
Most likely going to this, no reason not to minus school concerns.
@Killanator yeah that will make him look very cool. It's really hard to out-cool the cool exerted when he **** talks in person. Seriously, no sarcasm.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
and I'm back at it!

313 confirmed

(Mr.Decker I hope your ready to good in teams)
who is ur ride

----

oh and killonator. I think right now 15 ppl have confirm. But there are ppl who never confirm but always show up. So I would expect a minimum turnout of around 22-23, barring bad weather. These are fairly hype biweeklies considering everyone has gotten over 30 attendants except for the snow day one, which we still managed to get 19.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm going to need you sober during teams (and picking your best character or mk. preferably mk).
My MK is scrub. I'm gonna probably stick with Zelda unless I feel MK would be better suited. I may just try and pull out the bird.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I have a clarification question: it says till 11:30 PM on the tourney page but will Duke enforce that strictly? Will we be pulled out from the hall onto the street to go home at 11:30 or is there some slack? I need to know because my ride may not arrive until the last moment.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
lol

No you can leave whenever. that was just the latest time that it allowed me to put.

Usually most everyone leaves by 10. And then there are friendlies until around 4a. At that time, most everyone left just sleeps in the common room. Some ppl will go home then. Feel free to stay as long as you like.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
Waldorf, I'm looking forward to meeting you at this. We should make sure to play.
Assuming my schoolwork goes well, I'm looking forward to it as well. I'm a bit off my game though :p but I need to work all of thursday and friday to convince my parents that I can leave for all of saturday

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
why the hell would I do that? my dk turned to ****tttt. I might as well pull out my pocket yoshi or lucas. Someone's gotta replace mekos.

EDIT: also can't beat any falcos with DK. Ever.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I thought it was entirely wifi and getting adjusted to combos not being broken by techs, **** like that (combos used incorrectly previously). but at Greensboro last weekend, I was just disgusting (in a bad way). Just lost everything, it seemed. I played marth and snake almost that whole tourney. w/e though, might have been a bad day. I'll probably crack and go DK in all tourney matches but friendlies are random unless I have a great urge to not disrespect my opponent.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
also for the love of god

post ****in brackets for this >.>

ALSO if you read this (brawlers)

PM/VM/Facebook/etc. me who you lost to (and beat if you can remember) at:
NCSU9 (The one that was at duke, it was on halloween weekend)
Like a G6

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
also for the love of god

post ****in brackets for this >.>

ALSO if you read this (brawlers)

PM/VM/Facebook/etc. me who you lost to (and beat if you can remember) at:
NCSU9 (The one that was at duke, it was on halloween weekend)
Like a G6
what is this supposed to mean. I posted the bracket for the last tourney. And Foxy had control of his tournament so I don't have any bracket for that.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i am just tired of tournaments not posting brackets

it was nothing against you

just

post brackets

okay

=]

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
so can we get a confirmed list of people attending this please?
no you cannot

I don't do those.

Cause they're useless. Cause ppl come without confirming and ppl deconfirm days or hours before the tourney.

And a lot of ppl (who I don't remember exactly) have said to me they were coming but have posted nothing on the boards. And a lot of new players have said they were coming (so you wouldn't know them even if I posted them).

So......the whole endevour just seems useless. Just know that this tourney will have between 20-25 ppl (maybe up to 30). And it will be free. So just come.

....okay so maybe it won't be free. But it won't be as tough.

BTW, I assume most of state isn't coming cause they are going to the magic pre-release.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I'm seeding.

And I seed fair (i.e. judge by power rankings and tourney results).

If sushi is there he gets highest seed. If stingers is there he gets next highest. I assume Shady would get the next highest.

Not sure about you though. Depends who all else is there. But since we are going to have a lot of new players, most everyone will probably be a seed or 2 higher than they usually are.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
well not to boast, but by ranking i would be the next best, thats why i asked. unless people who deconfirmed come back.

who are the new players?

Top Bottom