• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duke Biweeklies:Smashin' with Passion: Round 6

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
dragoniota

uziuziuzi

waldorf (I guess he's not actually new; I've just never seen him)

and some others

and whoever Diatenshi is bringing.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
those are very accurate pictures. and they made me laugh so hard.

you should always feel important. you main bowser lol

(ask 313 about zelda vs bowser lmao)

Killanator90

Smash Journeyman
Im new. I was at one of stingers tourneys about two years ago tho. I think vilt was hosting it

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
oh yeah. how could I forget him.

So the point is that this tourney is going to see a lot of new faces. I hope everyone makes them feel welcomed.

V1CE

Smash Champion
well not to boast, but by ranking i would be the next best, thats why i asked. unless people who deconfirmed come back.

who are the new players?
Also im not being cocky when i say 1 would probably be 3rd seed and then stockfield would be 4th seed unless like Seth or ILove shows up

meaning me and keith on 1 side of the bracket opposite of each other and shady and stockfield on the other...

I really have no guess on the rest of the seeding as of now... just gotta see who shows up.

Duo would have been 3rd seed but he isnt coming anymore :( :( :(

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
those are very accurate pictures. and they made me laugh so hard.

you should always feel important. you main bowser lol

n y
(ask 313 about zelda vs bowser lmao)
loooool, I have a feeling it didn't end well for him. Bowser/Zelda is a nightmare for any Bowser with little experience.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
loooool, I have a feeling it didn't end well for him. Bowser/Zelda is a nightmare for any Bowser with little experience.

Had me laughing so hard. The whole time he kept saying, "stick with Zelda, stick with Zelda; you should stick with ur first main." I was all like "Zelda sucks. It is a waste of my time to practice and get good with her." The he was all like "Bowser is low tier and yet he has a grab release.........on every character in the game" (like that is something important). And I was then like "yeah.......but bowser sucks." And he was like "oh, **** talking. you think bowser sucks. "

I laughed cause I saw where this was going. He pulled out bowser. I pulled out Zelda (with some use of sheik for kicks....literally, that f-tilt ***** bowser lol. but not as bad as lighting kicks). He ost on BF like 3 times. Made stage Johns. Then lost on FD a few times. More stage Johns. Then went to SV. I won the first time there. He won twice in a row (at that point didn't really care that much any more). Then talked ****. Then lost like 4 more times. Pretty good 10 matches or so.

The most interesting part of the match was when I went completely 3rd person. I was so meta in the middle of it and was really impressed with my Zelda. I realized how well I was using Din's to maintain stage control/force him into positions he didn't want to be in. And just how spot on I was with every move, read, and reaction. I was thoroughly impressed with my Zelda that match. But it was only against bowser. So no real victory there.

No offense Uncle :( Bowser is still cool. I know you really like him.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Bowser is terrible.

And yeah I like what Vice said about 3rd and 4th seed.

Edit: but I should be third and he should be fourth.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
None taken. All of us Bowser players are fully aware that he sucks. That's why we look incredibly bad-*** if we win. :cool:

And what was 313 expecting? He's playing a bad matchup with a character he doesn't really main/play. You are also right to be unimpressed by your victory, but not just because of the matchup. 313 himself told me at G6 that his Bowser needs a lot of work.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
if seeding is being done with no ties then yes

tio only lets you go up to 10 though...afaik

unless you really wanna manually seed each player LOL

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
thats pretty cool how seeds play out.

if that hows it goes

i predict stock being on my side, uncle, along with 313 and some of the new guys

on shadys side would be ben, steve, zr? and the rest of the new guys.

what are we doing with wally? he lives in Raleigh, but me and him never actually play, so would he be put in shadys bracket because of that? i kinda wanna play him :( havent seen him in awhile.

V1CE

Smash Champion
thats pretty cool how seeds play out.

if that hows it goes

i predict stock being on my side, uncle, along with 313 and some of the new guys

on shadys side would be ven, steve, zr? and the rest of the new guys.

what are we doing with wally? he lives in Raleigh, but me and him never actually play, so would he be put in shadys bracket because of that? i kinda wanna play him :( havent seen him in awhile.
why you putting me on the other side hehe dont you wanna play me keith... I think i should be on your side and stock should be on shady's side but w.e. it doesnt matter :D

also who is ven?

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
low tier doubles is an incentive for ppl to come at 1. Doubles will start promptly at 3. And singles pools should start at around 4:30 (if we run them). If we don't, then I'll just do seeding. And Singles if we don't run pools will start no later than 5:30. Singles if we do run pools will start no later than 6:15. Low tier singles will start between 7-7:30 and should run right until 8:30-9:00. And then friendlies until whenever.

Bring setups ppl. By all means bring setups. Gets you out of a $2 door fee and lets more friendlies happen!

And I'm so confused with you all making predictions of how the bracket is gonna run. I just seed you and tio puts out a bracket. That's that. Anyone who has no 'smash record' unfortunately gets a seed of 1 (unless we do pools). So since we have a lot of new people coming, there is gonna be a lot of 1, 2, and 3 seed people.

And I love pools. And for this occassion I think pools is much more needed.

edit:

In response to Diatenshi. Yeah, you can definitely John about Samus but you should keep in mind Gimpyfish's take on her. He has stated that one day a new type of samus will arise. A samus that will never approach. A samus that will never go in for the kill. A samus that will be so gay that she will camp the entire time, take you to 4-500% without ever approaching. these samuses will all be hated by the community. They will be the gayest of the gay. But they will be the only samuses who ever do well.

V1CE

Smash Champion
low tier doubles is an incentive for ppl to come at 1. Doubles will start promptly at 3. And singles pools should start at around 4:30 (if we run them). If we don't, then I'll just do seeding. And Singles if we don't run pools will start no later than 5:30. Singles if we do run pools will start no later than 6:15. Low tier singles will start between 7-7:30 and should run right until 8:30-9:00. And then friendlies until whenever.

Bring setups ppl. By all means bring setups. Gets you out of a $2 door fee and lets more friendlies happen!

And I'm so confused with you all making predictions of how the bracket is gonna run. I just seed you and tio puts out a bracket. That's that. Anyone who has no 'smash record' unfortunately gets a seed of 1 (unless we do pools). So since we have a lot of new people coming, there is gonna be a lot of 1, 2, and 3 seed people.

And I love pools. And for this occassion I think pools is much more needed.

edit:

In response to Diatenshi. Yeah, you can definitely John about Samus but you should keep in mind Gimpyfish's take on her. He has stated that one day a new type of samus will arise. A samus that will never approach. A samus that will never go in for the kill. A samus that will be so gay that she will camp the entire time, take you to 4-500% without ever approaching. these samuses will all be hated by the community. They will be the gayest of the gay. But they will be the only samuses who ever do well.
There is no need for pools with 20-25 people... Pools are made for really big tournaments to save time and have a smaller bracket...

but w.e. its not my tournament

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
There is no need for pools with 20-25 people... Pools are made for really big tournaments to save time and have a smaller bracket...

but w.e. its not my tournament
I'm going to try and say this to not be rude.

No it's not your tournament. Pools offer better seeding. Arguments like "pools are primarily used for this event x. This event y is not event x. Therefore, pools cannot/should not be used for this event." mean nothing to me. Pools give people more tourney matches (for all the people who want to get better, having only 2 sets with a serious opponent is not good experience). They let you play more people. They offer better seeding, removing some of the reinforcement bias. And they give more data for PR boards.

Not to be rude, but there was no need to say we don't need pools. They have many more purposes that just weeding people out.

V1CE

Smash Champion
I'm going to try and say this to not be rude.

No it's not your tournament. Pools offer better seeding. Arguments like "pools are primarily used for this event x. This event y is not event x. Therefore, pools cannot/should not be used for this event." mean nothing to me. Pools give people more tourney matches (for all the people who want to get better, having only 2 sets with a serious opponent is not good experience). They let you play more people. They offer better seeding, removing some of the reinforcement bias. And they give more data for PR boards.

Not to be rude, but there was no need to say we don't need pools. They have many more purposes that just weeding people out.

ok well i was just stating my opinion on pools for small tournaments. You can do whatever you want.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
just do pools with so many lesser known people will solve the whole mystery of seeding all together, and people get more matches, more for your money = goood!
ex-f***ing-actly

that is what I have tried to argue every tournament. Pools is a great opportunity for players to get better seeding, get more tournament level experience, and get to face a much more varied set of players. Pools are awesome. I don't see what anyone could possibly hold against them. Seriously.

Top Bottom