• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UNK3: KS/Iowa/MO Championships -Kansas Weather Sucks-

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Haha, well, I got to admit we had a disappointing turnout to put it lightly. With the weather forecast literally being changed every day (and then it was COMPLETELY WRONG), our turnout got hit hard the last week of this event. Still, I want to thank everyone who came for putting on their game face and putting on entertaining matches so we could all have a really good time regardless. I promise our next tournament is going in the summer for good weather and good games. On to the results.

Singles Brawl Results (27 entrants)
(Domo & Ensis split first and second place proceeds)
1: Domo ($140? sorry I forgot) - Meta Knight
2: Ensis ($80) - Toon Link/Meta Knight
3: Clel ($25) - Meta Knight
4: Denti - Olimar
5: Holms - Wolf
5: Hylian - Ice Climbers/Falco/G&W
7: Fino - Olimar
7: Fource - Diddy Kong
9: Zeton - Fox/Meta Knight
9: Chuck Nasty - Meta Knight
9: Stealthraptor - Pikachu
9: Infinity - Diddy Kong/Game & Watch
13: Firestorm Zero - Ice Climbers
13: Tmacc - King Dedede/ROB
13: Steeler - Pokemon Trainer/Wario
13: Type Ex - Falco
17: Radium - Kirby
17: Uberwatts - DK?
17: Blarg - Wolf
17: S Word - Wolf
17: Thugz - Pikachu/ZSS
17: AeroLink - Link
17: RedShadow - Wario
17: Megarobman - Wolf
25: Degyn - Lucario
25: Depster - Yoshi
25: Fragbait - Ness

Doubles Results
1: Fixed Arrow (Domo & Ensis) - MK & Toon Link
2: Sherlocke Doom (Mr. Doom & Holms) - Ike/MK & ZSS/Wolf
3: It's Actually Peach (Hylian & Zeton) - G&W & Fox
4: Rush Hour IV (Fource & Clel) - Diddy & MK
5: Super**** (Denti & Infinity) - Olimar & Diddy
5: Gay Nasty (Chuck Nasty & Type Ex) - Falco & MK
7: Hey Fino, Give me 10 Dollars (Scrub & Stealth Raptor) - Pikachu & ???
7: Team Give Me Your Money (Botou & Zebra) - ROB/Captain Falcon & Wario
9: S Word and Uberwatts with Garter Belt (S Word & Uberwatts) - Wolf & ???
9: Zero Gravity (FirestormZero & Blarg)
9: Olimar's Gay (Tmacc & Fino) - DDD & Olimar
9: Blue Balls (Degyn & raidum) - Kirby & Lucario

Low Tier Singles
1: Ensis - Mario/???
2: Holms - Falcon/Mario/Ganon
3: AeroLink - Link
4: Megarobman - Link
5: Stealthraptor - Samus
5: Infinity - Jigs
7: Zeton - Falcon
7: The Real Inferno - Bowser
9: Mr. Doom - Falcon/Samus
9: Scrub - ???
9: Fino - Falcon
9: Hylian - Samus
13: Steeler - Ganon
13: Denti
13: Firestorm Zero
13: Degyn
17: Domo
17: Radium
17: Tmacc
17: Thugz
17: Clel
17: Uberwatts
25: S Word

Brawl Minus Doubles
1: The Millionaires (Mr. Doom & Clel) - Ike/Snake/MK/GW/Bowser/Falcon/DDD & MK/Snake
2: I'm Taking the Pot Money and Going to Mexico (The Real Inferno & Domo) - Bowser/DDD & MK
3: Gay Nasty (Chuck Nasty & Type Ex) - Pit/Falco & MK/Charizard
4: The Rainbow Shower Power Hour (MegaRobMan & Fino) - Link/??? & Olimar
5: Turbo Boss *****hs (Ensis & Thugz) - Toon Link & Pikachu
5: It's JUST Holms (Steeler & Holms) - ??? & Pokemon Trainer/Ganon/Wario
7: Clel Owes Us Another 10 Dollars (Stealth Raptor & Scrub) - Pikachu & ???
7: S Word & Uberwatts - ???
9: Frag Gren-eggs (Fragbait & Depster) - Ness & Yoshi

I'll update this thread a little more tomorrow with brackets and such.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Updated some character stuff.

Fun tournament, shoutouts later.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
RAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

Someone tampered with my SD cards and all my replays over the weekend are gone.

-__________-
RAAAAAAAAGE.

BTW, I also used GW, D3, Falcon, Bowser in Brawl Minus Doubles.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Used ROB one game :)

Fun tournament, despite the turnout. You did a great job running it, Cameron. Thanks for hosting.

I'll do shoutouts later.

fragbait

Smash Master
i didn't, lol.

Shouts:
1: Domo ($140? sorry I forgot) - Meta Knight- Good **** on the win, man. I didn't get a chance to play you, SNK2? Was good to see you.
2: Ensis ($80) - Toon Link/Meta Knight- Friendlies at SNK2?
3: Clel ($25) - Meta Knight- Good **** finishing in money, see you at SNK2!
4: Denti - Olimar- You seemed like a cool dood.
5: Holms - Wolf- Good to see you again, great games in B-
5: Hylian - Ice Climbers/Falco/G&W- ARGH ICS TOO GOOD. Good games, it was cool to see you again. Rematch at SNK2!
9: Zeton - Fox/Meta Knight- y u go MK. Good **** on those matches, didn't get a chance to play you though
9: Stealthraptor - Pikachu- Dat mouse. I'll play you more at SNK2 >.>
13: Firestorm Zero - Ice Climbers- Your character may be gay, but you're pretty cool. Was good to see you.
13: Steeler - Pokemon Trainer/Wario- Oy! Good games in B-, I'll see you again sometime
17: Radium - Kirby- Y U QUIT POKEMON >.> lol, Was good to see you, I was gonna play ya but you left xD
17: Blarg - Wolf- Hey! Good to see ya man. Thanks for the games, see you at SNK2
17: Thugz - Pikachu/ZSS- You were a pretty cool dood. Good to meet you, I want yer hat.
17: RedShadow - Wario- Thanks for the Wario experience >.>
17: Megarobman - Wolf-Was hella cool hanging out. We play co-op MM10 next time?
25: Degyn - Lucario-Sorry we didnt' get to hang. Catch you at SNK2!
25: Depster - Yoshi- AH. YOSHI TOO GOOD
25: Fragbait - Ness : Dude, you suck at this game. Play more Brawl-
NE: Batou- Falcon: I'll bring my Deck next time around, I want games mo'fo'. Was good to meet you, I'll catch you at SNK2

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Pretty sure you're the one that paid :D.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Ah, Kansas. It truly is the Shelbyville to Nebraska's Springfield. A backwards place where they condone slavery, marrying your own cousin is expected of you and people don't believe in evolution so they quit teaching it in schools.

I kinda blew my load during the low-tier tournament the day before, but I love playing Link and I honestly think I would rather enter LT tournaments than regualar brawl events, definitely going to keep practicing him.

Nebraska Brawl is free as hell though, you guys should come to this on Feb 19th...

The real question is....WHO DIDN'T USE MK!??
I chose MK for a few seconds before my match with Typ_Ex just for the lols. He gave me a dirty look like "ugh, not another scrubby MK" and then I was like "Just trying to bully you into a different character" and chose wolf, his face lit up and he chuckled "Oh, ha. Yeah, I don't play anyone but falco." Does falco even have a bad match-up?

props to incest
lol, this really makes me wonder what hylian edited.

#0-Inferno-Thanks for hosting, also, thanks for cheating in our F-U Cena MM, you know I said Frigate when I banned stages :) Hope you enjoyed my really good run of MM3, good run of MM9 and very poor run of MM10, but 3 in a row, 0 sleep...I'll quit johning now.

1: Domo-Nice chatting with ya, good work all weekend long. I learned some stuff listening to your commentary during quite a few matches.

2: Ensis ($80) - I would have destroyed you in low-tier's but I told you that in the car already. Congrats for winning the circuit. Work on that tourney in Manhatten, I'll come.

3: Clel ($25) - GG's in LT, got kinda lucky that 2nd match with the ledge spike. GS in those matches against Domo, you made MK dittos interesting to me for the first time in 2011.

4: Denti - I didn't really talk to you, but I watched you beat MJ, and then lose your emotions as you lost to his MK. Nice show.

5: Holms - :wolf: -I actually didn't see you play wolf at this tournament, but good representation. I can't believe I let you d-tilt me for like 80%, that really cost me that match in LT.

5: Hylian - I had way too much Samus practice before this thing, Link
is mad about you not using him but having him as a picture. Also said in person, but still.

7: Fino - I think our B- team name says it all.

7: Fource - Didn't really talk to you too much here either, good showing.

9: Zeton - You always do the best job of explaining match-ups to me, even though you don't play Wolf, thanks.

9: Chuck Nasty - Sorry I kept you waiting, but taking a shower was the most necessary thing I've ever done. I think I surprised you with how well i did against you MK, but your GnW was legit, I'm gonna do research on that for if I run into you again. GS.

9: Stealthraptor - You are easily the best Pikachu I've ever played, ugh, I wish CG's didn't exist because Wolf would destroy Pika without it :/ Hopefully I gave you practice in developing mindgames into baiting mistakes~grabs.

9: Infinity - You had me worried in that 2nd match on Rainbow in LT, but you just couldn't get the kill on that 2nd stock, Jiggs is bad. Good work.

13: Firestorm Zero - I didn't really talk to you, but thanks for coming.

13: Tmacc - If there was anyone there I played brawl with, it was you, GG's, D3 is still the AIDS virus. Sorry I didn't have a blanket for ya, it was really cold and I ended up having to use my coat as an extra layer.

13: Steeler - Nice seeing ya again, fun matches in B-teams.

13: Type Ex - If D3 is the AIDS virus, Falco is drowning in a pool of urine. let me know the next tournament you are at and I'll play you in legit B- randoms. I should have gone Sheik instead of bowser in that match, I don't know what I was thinking.

17: Radium - I didn't really talk to you much either, but I'm sorry we didn't get you drunk. :0

17: Uberwatts - I didn't really talk to you either, thanks for coming

17: Blarg :wolf: -I didn't know there was another wolf there, I would have played friendlies with you..........................blarg!!!!!!

17: S Word - :wolf: I'll never let stereotypes get the best of me again, twice! I forgot you played as wolf (D3 in our teams match), woulda played you too.

17: Thugz - Thanks for the driving.

17: AeroLink - GS in LT, your link is really good. You play very similar to the way I play, and it sucked because you would beat me to my option most of the time, even though our matches were stupidly close. I love playing as Link and I'm going to practice him more and win the next LT tournament I go to.

17: RedShadow - I didn't really talk to you either, thanks for coming.

17: Megarobman :wolf: - I played well in LT, got ***** IRTournament by the entire state of Oklahoma, even in B- teams.

25: Degyn - Poor Yoshi and Samus players, that's all I get in Nebraska :0

25: Depster - What I said above, but I didn't play you, and since he's your main, I would have loved to have played you with Link.

25: Fragbait - Nice chatting with ya, I'd be down to do MM10 co-op, but we have to alternate every level because I would probably not die and you'd get bored sitting there.

96: Mr. Doom - Glad we finally got to play some matches, Ike is pretty good when you use his moves correctly. Thanks for asking me if I wanted to be called Pharaoh instead of Mega, glad someone had the courtesy.

143: Scrub -MK is lame, thanks for shaking my hand after our match and not calling me a fragrit like you did Fino. Also, that IC-Marth thing was intriguing as all else.

7: Team Give Me Your Money (Botou & Zebra) - I don't remember you guys even being there.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
He just posted "metaknight" over and over so it took forever to scroll down.

Blargy

Smash Journeyman
Awesome tournament

Shout outs

Wichita People - Nice seeing you all again it was fun playing friendlies with most of you

Hylian - Didnt really talk to you or played matches wished i did tho

Chuck Nasty - Fun MMs with you

Tmacc - Blah your D3 always destroys my wolf :( or well it was still a fun match for me

Radium - our match was so much fun! it was really close I was pretty nervous when we were both high percents and on our last stock :O GGs

S Word - wolf dittos are stupid and fun lol

Uberwatts - Nice DK

To everyone else that I cant remember that I played

Glad you all came and made this tourney awesome

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
17: AeroLink - GS in LT, your link is really good. You play very similar to the way I play, and it sucked because you would beat me to my option most of the time, even though our matches were stupidly close. I love playing as Link and I'm going to practice him more and win the next LT tournament I go to.
You gave me trouble for sure (not last hit % though), but we do not play similar. You play more like Deva (you even use the same color Link as he does, lol), pretty basic and defensive. I'm a little more aggro in Link dittos, so I sorta played into your defensive playstyle. GGs. Shoutouts later.

fragbait

Smash Master
Ah, Kansas. It truly is the Shelbyville to Nebraska's Springfield. A backwards place where they condone slavery, marrying your own cousin is expected of you and people don't believe in evolution so they quit teaching it in schools.
Wat

Nebraska Brawl is free as hell though, you guys should come to this on Feb 19th...

17: Radium - I didn't really talk to you much either, but I'm sorry we didn't get you drunk. :0

Wat

25: Fragbait - Nice chatting with ya, I'd be down to do MM10 co-op, but we have to alternate every level because I would probably not die and you'd get bored sitting there.

YOU SAYING I'D GET OWNED DUDE?
i would...
REsponses in Sienna for the lulz.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Gawd i kinda wish that i did singles

*this is zebra btw*

Also sucks you have to pay to get your name change :(

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Shoutouts!

1: Domo - Thanks for the friendlies, and ggs in LT singles.
2: Ensis - Thanks for the friendlies, I'll MM you next time. GGs in LT singles.
3: Clel - Teaming with you in friendlies was too good.
4: Denti - You'll get them next time. Good shiz double 2-stocking Ensis in winners bracket.
5: Holms - You're a really smart player. That C. Falcon was too much for me, I'll be ready next time whenever I get the chance.
5: Hylian - Thanks for the friendlies. ICs are one tough matchup.
7: Fino - Quit trolling.
9: Zeton - Good shiz with Fox, and thanks for the friendlies, always fun to talk to you.
9: Chuck Nasty - Next time, I'll have a go at random mms.
9: Stealthraptor - Didn't get to play your Pikachu, but GGs in LT singles.
9: Infinity - Thanks for the advice and sorry you were sick. Also, your mom. That is all.
13: Firestorm Zero - Thanks for the friendlies, keep working on ICs.
13: Tmacc - Fun times teaming with you, we should have played more singles friendlies.
13: Steeler - GGs, I remember playing you during MLG Dallas.
13: Type Ex - Falco is too hard... =(
17: Radium - Thanks for the friendlies. Keep up that Kirby.
17: AeroLink - Link can do better. I let this character down this tourney.
17: RedShadow - Positive attitude goes a long way.
17: Megarobman - GGs in LT singles. Link dittos are my favorite matchup; we should have played more.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You gave me trouble for sure (not last hit % though), but we do not play similar. You play more like Deva (you even use the same color Link as he does, lol), pretty basic and defensive. I'm a little more aggro in Link dittos, so I sorta played into your defensive playstyle. GGs. Shoutouts later.
I disagree, you made me play defensively because you knew the match well, most of the time I'm spaming D-air. You made me watch what you were doing because you were in my zone on offense and out of my zone on defense.

REsponses in Sienna for the lulz.
#1. Part A. When Nebraska and Kansas became states, they were split apart based on whether or not they would allow slavery. Nebraska the free state, Kansas the not free state.
Part B. The Simpsons, a popular television show, is held inside of a fictitious town called "Springfield", which developed into a city in relatively similar circumstances that Nebraska and Kansas were split up. In "Shelbyville", marrying your cousin is normal and that's the original difference between the towns.
Part C. Your state legislature or something decided that in Kansas you had to teach creationism as fact, which is pretty outrageous no matter what your religious beliefs are.

#2.Thugz had vodka.

#3. I'm not saying you'd get owned, I'm saying my turn would never end if we played by deaths.

Shoutouts!
17: Megarobman - GGs in LT singles. Link dittos are my favorite matchup; we should have played more.
I love playing Link dittos too, I've played Legan a few times, most of it was combo video material on both ends, not a lot of defense. If I wasn't good with Wolf I'd probably main Link, he's my favorite character in the game.

damn that's a lot of wolves
Bad showing by most of us though :/

fragbait

Smash Master
I disagree, you made me play defensively because you knew the match well, most of the time I'm spaming D-air. You made me watch what you were doing because you were in my zone on offense and out of my zone on defense.

#1. Part A. When Nebraska and Kansas became states, they were split apart based on whether or not they would allow slavery. Nebraska the free state, Kansas the not free state.
Part B. The Simpsons, a popular television show, is held inside of a fictitious town called "Springfield", which developed into a city in relatively similar circumstances that Nebraska and Kansas were split up. In "Shelbyville", marrying your cousin is normal and that's the original difference between the towns.
Part C. Your state legislature or something decided that in Kansas you had to teach creationism as fact, which is pretty outrageous no matter what your religious beliefs are.

#2.Thugz had vodka.

#3. I'm not saying you'd get owned, I'm saying my turn would never end if we played by deaths.
1) Get learned by MRM nice
2) AND HE DIDN'T SHARE?
3) You missed the spoiler xD and I thought MM10 had simultaneous Co-Op for some reason >.>

Radium88

Smash Lord
Did anyone pick up a puma bag with an orange extension cord and a power strip? I think my glasses cleaner with a pink cloth was in it too. T.T Please give it back to me when I see you again.

@ Fino: I have clothes in my car and I think they're yours.....

Shout outs later.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah the bag was grey.

Also, alt accounts aren't allowed. If you want to make a new one and use it instead of your normal one then ask for your normal one to be banned.

Top Bottom