• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OUGA : Version Grey : 4/15/11 : Brawl/Project M/MVC3

solecalibur

Smash Master

Credits to - rPSI​

Ohio University Morton Hall Room 115
Van Vorhes
Athens, Ohio

Free Housing!
That's right, housing is free as we will have access to housing in the class rooms. We recommend that you get your own blankets/pillows as we will not provide them

Friday April 15th:
Doors open 8 pm (Do not be early there are normally other classes or other clubs that might be in the room before)
Project M starts 9pm
Secret Tournament 11pm

Saturday April 16th :

Wake up call : 10 am
Doubles Registration : 11 am
Doubles Start : Noon
Singles Registration / MVC3 Registration: ~2:30pm
Singles Poolz : 3 pm
Lunch / Dinner brake : 5 pm
MVC3 Bracket Begins : 5:30 pm
Singles Brackets begin : 6pm

Sunday April 17th :
Venue closes - 3 pm

Pay outs :
Brawl Singles :
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Brawl Doubles :
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

Project M Tounry :
1st. 60%-$1
2nd. 30%
3rd. 10%
4th. $1

MVC3 Tounry :
1st. 60%-$5
2nd. 30%
3rd. 10%
4th. $5

Prices :
Free Venue
Free Casual
1$ Project M
5$ MVC3
10$ Singles
10$ Doubles, ($20 Total for Team)

Rules

Brawl
Singles and Doubles
* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with a suicide (IE Ganonside, kirbyside) and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for the performer of the suicide.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* Nope's No Bs Rule : By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.

* Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.

* No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. There should be no excuse for not being there when your match is called because all the food you need is in the venue for you.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental interference and delay for tournament matches.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

* Ness & Lucas GR

Ness and Lucas can not be grab release to regrabed. They can be grab released to an attack though

* Ledge grabs

Ledge grabs : If the match goes to time and the match goes to sudden death, quit out and who ever has 30 more ledge grabs will lose the match

Stage list

Neutrals :
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Battlefield
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Delfino
Pokémon Stadium 1
Castle Siege

Counter Picks :

Pokémon Stadium 2
Pictochat
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Distant Planet
Luigi's Mansion (pipes)
Port Town Aero Dive

Project M :

Stocks 4, Time 8 mintues

Stage list

Neutrals
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Dreamland
Yoshi's Island [Melee]
Smashville
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 2

For Counterpicks
Metal Mario
Skyworld: M
Lylat
Temple: M
Norfair: M
Pictochat+
Green Hill Zone+
Konga Jungle 64

MVC3
Time : 99 seconds
Best 2 of 3 outside of Winners/Losers/Grand Finals
Assist can be changed but Winner stays same characters
System : Ps3

AIB : http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11670
Face Book : http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=189485461090906

D

Deleted member

Hype this up, folks!

Also, is anyone with artistic/photoshop talent willing and able to make a banner for this so we can put it in our signatures?

Edit: About the 30 ledge grab rule...if a player and their opponent go to time, but they don't have a difference of 30 or more ledge grabs, then will the victory just be awarded to the player with the lowest percent and/or stock lead like normal?

D

Deleted member

Sounds interesting. I'm really looking forward to this!

Been so long since my last tourney...

solecalibur

Smash Master
Its an interesting idea kiester presented to me, I dont see how in theory this would go wrong

D

Deleted member

I'm kinda surprised at the lack of Jungle Japes. Maybe swap out Pirate Ship for that?

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but Japes is one of the more legit CP's in my opinion. Maybe swap out both Pirate Ship and Distant Planet for that?

JJs is just so fun with my characters...lol.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
This is looking so cool! Then I saw the lgl. Ugh. :/

Well its not stupid low, but it is pretty low. I thought 40 was the standard.

D

Deleted member

It's not even low. It's just in comparison to how much your opponent grabs the ledge.

Seems pretty fair to me.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Ya, its interesting rule... like if Jimmy has 30 and Susie has 55 and it goes to time; the player with the higher % loses. But if Jimmy still has 30 and mean old Susie has 60, well...she went too high and loses.
You have to go 30 over what your opponent has.

I think there should still be a minimum though... Try and work something out with that. I mean I'd hate to see something outrageous like 5 and 35 and the 35 loses. Maybe a mimimum of 40 would suffice, it's better than having something outrageous happen.

Your tourney, I'll be here regardless. :p

D

Deleted member

If you're worried, don't try to time people out so much. :p

solecalibur

Smash Master
-Im willing to take suggestions for the new lgl rule but I still like this higher then rule maybe a min of some sort then?

-Stages. I need to talk to OUGA about I have no say in, without a groups consent because no one really hosts these kinds of stages nor will a majority of us will cp

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
Trying to get free DK wins?
I honestly think japes is far less janky than the stages I listed. Don't even give me that clap trap junk, you always know exactly where he is by the game timer. Nowhere near as bad as walkoffs (DP/PTAD), lack of ledges(PTAD), comboable/techable ceiling(mansion), hitbox extensions (mansion), and genuinely random stage hazards (pirate ship) on the other stages.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying any of them should be banned. That's boring.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
If you think DK has free wins on any of those stages, I am baffled.

Also, I've literally watched various members of OUGA go and play on these stages at every single OUGA tournament I've been to.

I've done it before myself. It's really weird to see one of the most liberal areas in the Midwest lose stages because they're "janky". It's an OUGA tournament man, all fun here. What do we lose if these stages are on?

Exactly nothing.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Since the friday tounry is during OUGA's normal meeting time I assume there will be at least 10+ gameboys out with pokemon black and white, so be sure to bring your own

solecalibur

Smash Master
So another subject, I need to look into is the rule set for project m
Is there any ideas because the first page seems like neutrals / cps

solecalibur

Smash Master
Stage list? there are a lot of flat stages and two that look like bf should it just be old old melee tradtional where its on random?

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I mean you are allowed a ton of liberties on all that.
I like the "Each strike one, random with one mulligan" approach but that's just personal preference, because in the end you're still starting somewhere.

As for stage list I'd probably go something like
Neutrals
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Dreamland
Yoshi's Island [Melee]
Smashville
[for 7]Final Destination
[for 7]Pokemon Stadium 2

You could probably pick out a couple more if you wanted to go 9 (Metal Mario, Yoshi's Island [Brawl], Skyworld:M)

For Counterpicks
[Brawl CPs/Other Starters*]
Metal Mario
Skyworld: M
Lylat
Temple: M
Norfair: M
Pictochat+
Green Hill Zone+
Konga Jungle 64 if you're feeling frisky
Possibly Saffron

*Technically, there's enough good stages to where if you wanted, you could leave Brinstar/Rainbow out. But this is OUGA

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Pretty much what Composer said, really. I do like the strike one + random idea and I would love to get RC and Brinstar on there.

As far as I know though, in terms of "official" stagelists for P:M, there are none. But P5 used a simplified, Meleeesque one to just keep it to basics.

Again though, this is OUGA.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
hmm...if this gets hype I'll probably go in place of SiiS5...depends...but I have the money to make this trip sooooooo

solecalibur

Smash Master
Live stream/commentary is def a must, i should include that in the OP, are there anyone looking to be commentators?

Top Bottom