• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quebec Brawl Tournament and smashfest in Repentigny (near Montreal)

Pappy

Smash Apprentice
We're hosting a smashfest at my place in Repentigny and having a tournament (with prize). It'll be june 5th, lasting about half the day from 12 to 9pm. We'll be inviting a bunch of people from the Quebec smash team like Swordgard and Holy and King Kong. They'll also be people from this city of course but also from those around it that find montreal too far like Joliette.

Repentigny is 20 min. from Montreal by car, bout 30 with a bus (there ARE buses going from mtl to repen, just look for them), the bus terminal is just accross the street so its not hard to find. The address is 136 Lapointe app. 3 (third block) in Repentigny. For food, you pay for it yourselves: theres about 10 restaurents all around, each at a short 30 second walk, just take your pick.

The tournament is Brawl Singles matches, 32 max entries, regular tourny rules (3-stock, 8 min., 2 out of 3, no items, etc.) including the official neutral and counterpick stages. They'll be an entry fee of 5$ that'll go into the prize for the winner.

thats about all, if there's anything you want to know just ask.

Attendance list (kept updated)
Holy Nightmare
Guard
Victor
Morks
Jord
Stef
Pappy
Stephan
Darkshadow
Tarex
Tcheet
James
Kloss
Yannick Lamare
Sheep
Mar1
Noxjo
Dante
Netomx
GaB

Maybes
Sworgard
King Kong
Techiyo
Olivier Pinard
Shepa (yan)

Pappy

Smash Apprentice
Will there be doubles? Probably coming with other Montrealers.

*Address is 136 Rue Lapointe(Appartment 3), Repentigny, Québec
if we have time there might be, it depends on how many people show up and how much time the singles take

Pappy

Smash Apprentice
come on swordgard, its ur chance since ally's not there and holy's free

Pappy

Smash Apprentice
when i got invited to smashfests i always got a nice 2 days-away notice, so i figured one week should be fine. its mostly because this week im not working and next week theres a tourny in toronto

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
I'll go most definitely. Also start posting more details about when the tourney will start, if there are side events and stuff. Also the tourney is only 5$?

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Can we get an attendance list? Because frankly I don't think this will work out. It was too short on notice and a lot of people can't go during that date.

KKong, Guard, Techiyo can't come. Swordgard has stuff to do, I'm not going to take the bus if only 10 people show up :/

swordgard

Smash Hero
Can we get an attendance list? Because frankly I don't think this will work out. It was too short on notice and a lot of people can't go during that date.

KKong, Guard, Techiyo can't come. Swordgard has stuff to do, I'm not going to take the bus if only 10 people show up :/
Stuff to do+don't care enough.

Pappy

Smash Apprentice
Date switched to sunday 5th so that more people can make it, turns out everyone was working mostly

Pappy

Smash Apprentice
yea dark, you know i want my revenge match! :teeth:

i think ill keep an updated attendance list on the original post

Pappy

Smash Apprentice
I'll go most definitely. Also start posting more details about when the tourney will start, if there are side events and stuff. Also the tourney is only 5$?
at this moment i cant really make out what time it starts and what other events we'll do since i need a more aproximate number of people, because the more people there is the earlier it'll have to start and the longer it lasts the less time we have for other stuff etc. etc. Only thing i'm sure of is that there'll be Singles, and maybe Doubles, but now less likely doubles because since its sunday and some people work monday it cant really go overtime into say midnight. So yea, Singles for sure, Doubles maybe-ish.

i can also have a Melee TV during free brawling for anyone interested, if i can find my old copy of it.

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
at this moment i cant really make out what time it starts and what other events we'll do since i need a more aproximate number of people, because the more people there is the earlier it'll have to start and the longer it lasts the less time we have for other stuff etc. etc. Only thing i'm sure of is that there'll be Singles, and maybe Doubles, but now less likely doubles because since its sunday and some people work monday it cant really go overtime into say midnight. So yea, Singles for sure, Doubles maybe-ish.

i can also have a Melee TV during free brawling for anyone interested, if i can find my old copy of it.
Ah, I didn't notice the 12-9 part. It's cool though, I just expected a low tier event or something lol. But yeah I really want to know when exactly does singles start, since I don't think I can make it if it starts at 12, I would want it to start at like 1h30/2, maybe 3, like the other tourneys did.

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
What would be interesting is that practice matches start at 12h and then the real tourney at 2h-3h. That would leave the time for some players to come in time for the tourney. Low tier tourney could be fun too. And IIIFFFFFFFFFF some people play League of Legends, then bring your laptops, maybe we can do something.

Pappy

Smash Apprentice
yes yes tourny doesnt start at 12 lol, u'll be fine for the timing thing.

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
What would be interesting is that practice matches start at 12h and then the real tourney at 2h-3h. That would leave the time for some players to come in time for the tourney. Low tier tourney could be fun too. And IIIFFFFFFFFFF some people play League of Legends, then bring your laptops, maybe we can do something.
I GOT AN IDEA.... a 20$ (per person) crew battle starting at 12:00 featuring membres of our PR VS the same amount of people that's not part our our PR.... wait a sec.... something doesn't sound right here.......................

What I meant to say was..... friendlies would be great, good idea Morks. lol

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
We should do low tier if we can't do doubles, I have my money on tarex winning. My mario has gotten pretty bad since I stopped playing him lol + Swordgard's miniature self is free. ;)

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
I believe the winner would be either Tarex or Kingkong. Kingkong only lost to a top 3 Yoshi in USA so we can't underestimate him. I don't even know if he'll be there though. lol

Tarex is mad impressive with Yoshi too so this will be interesting. :)

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
Tarex's yoshi is really good, I love the way he plays it! We could do low tiers then. Holy, is there some way to contact Sheep? I would reaaalllyy like to see my nemesis to the tourney ^^

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
LOL. I thought I saw "YIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF" since Guard is in this thread.

And low tier tourney? Pfft... My Falcon/Mario/Ness/Jiggz > those two dinosaurs (Tarex & KingKong)

Haha I'm trolling, Falcon would get ***** by Tarex but it ***** KingKong quite well ^_^

As for Sheep, I'll try and contact him. ****ing guy would appear offline every single day and not say a word...

I GOT AN IDEA.... a 20$ (per person) crew battle starting at 12:00 featuring membres of our PR VS the same amount of people that's not part our our PR.... wait a sec.... something doesn't sound right here.......................
Down for the idea =).
Side note...
Holy's Mario is too free =/.

Pappy

Smash Apprentice
for everyone who's expecting a lift from Swordgard, he's really not sure if he's coming and he doesn't want to be too much engaged just in case. So please look into other options such as Guard or a bus in advance.

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
Here is the bus infos from Montreal to Repentigny
Get the bus from metro Radisson and get out to Terminus repentigny.

From Montreal to Repentigny : http://www.tec.amt.qc.ca/itec/pa1/ghoraires/MRCLASSO_L3_DA_J30.HTM

From Repentigny to Montreal : http://www.tec.amt.qc.ca/itec/pa1/ghoraires/MRCLASSO_L3_DR_J30.HTM

To remind you, these are the sundays' schedule
I propose you get for 11h35's bus at Radisson to get to the terminus for 12h10 and leave at 00h36 or 22h50.

A waitress (....probably me actually) will be at the terminus to lead you to Pappy's place which is a step away from the terminus.

swordgard

Smash Hero
really? i heard he was leaning yes recently
I dunnow who keeps telling you that, but whoever it is is either ill-informed or trolling.

And tbh guard pretty sure holy would still win low tiers if he went. I think you underestimate how much the mindset matters in these things.

Top Bottom