• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Rehash - Series 1 - "Fists Will Fly At This Location" [9/03/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed

F 2 STOCK

Raleigh, NC 27606

It's in the bragaw activity room, I think the location of the first smash stacks. IDK where it is really...so just like ask the people there and you'll find it. You'll probably hear smash and ****.

Schedule
11:00 AM: Venue opens
12:00 PM: Brawl doubles registration begins
1:00 PM: Brawl doubles starts
4:00 PM: Brawl doubles ends, food break, brawl singles signup around here somewhere
5:00 PM: Brawl singles starts
?:00 PM: Brawl singles ends
12:00 PM: Venue closes.

Prizes
Singles and Doubles:
1st. 60%
2nd. 30%
3rd. 10%

Prices
Brawl Singles - $5
Brawl Doubles - $10 per team
Door Fee - $2

Door fee is waived for a complete setup (wii and TV).

General Gameplay Rules

• 3 stocks
  • 8 minute timer
  • Team attack on
  • Items set to off and none
  • Pause off
    • If pause is NOT turned off and the match is paused without consent of both players in the middle of the tournament match, whoever paused will immediately lose that round.
  • Grab release infinites are banned
  • MK's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned
  • Ledge Grab Limit: 20 for MK, 30 for other characters
    • Reasoning: The act of sitting on the ledge for long periods of time is, for one, really boring, and for two, really hard to beat. In order to prevent tournaments from being boring ledge stall fests, this rule is enacted. The reason for MK having a lower limit is because his ledge stalling is much harder to beat than everyone elses.
  • Dave's Stupid Rule (DSR): You may not pick a stage that you have previously won on unless agreed to by your opponent.
[collapse=Set Procedure]
  1. Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on.
  2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
  3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
  4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 2-3-1 (Team 1 strikes two stages, followed by Team 2 striking three stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
  5. The first match is played.
  6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
  7. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
  8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
  9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  11. The next match is played.
  12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.
[/collapse]
Stage List

• Starters
    • Battlefield
    • Final Destination
    • Lylat Cruise
    • Smashville
    • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
  • Counterpicks
    • Castle Siege
    • Delfino Plaza
    • Frigate Orpheon
    • Halberd
    • Pokemon Stadium 1
    • Rainbow Cruise

• Pokemon Stadium 2 and Brinstar are banned

Conduct Rules
  • BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
  • Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
  • The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
  • Regarding textures and other game hacks:
    • Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
    • Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.
  • Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player's ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit.

archer.

Smash Lord
I like the idea of trying out different rulesets for each subsequent tournament but 2 stocks seems like too little to work with. Then again I guess it's hard to say for sure unless we try it out.

Either way I can't say for sure if I can make this or not; it's hard to predict where I'm gonna be 14 years from now.

:phone:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I mean i'm planning on taking a vacation and using my retirement funds to fly from cali out to ncsu for this, but it'll definitely be worth it.

but really, idk when I'll be able to first start running tourneys up at state, so this is a placeholder thread until then. just...get ready ;]

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Why is PokeStadium 2 banned?
because its a stupid stage. same reason pokefloats is banned in melee

and i want to experiment, thats all. see if there are any better ways to play then 3 stock, 8 minute mk dittos on brinstar

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer

and i want to experiment, thats all. see if there are any better ways to play then 3 stock, 8 minute mk dittos on brinstar
Banned for Fox and partially for random glitches in various parts of the level.

Hope you get solid data out of this then. Watch a lot of sets and talk to others about it too.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yee. i already have various ideas in store for the next ones. i was gonna try MK banned first but I saw a topic earlier today about 2 stock, 5 mins and I thought it was worth a shot. certainly more original then mk banned >.>

archer.

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it, by the time this happens I will probably be playing whatever Smash game they make for the eventual Wii U and Mii Thrii.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
im actually thinking about changing the rules even more. its a really cute idea actually

1 stock, 3 mins
BO7
Set order is fixed: SV/Lylat/BF/Siege/PS1/Yoshis/FD
no CPs

im really thinking about trying it =] but maybe not...we'll see

stingers

Smash Obsessed
even if every game went to time, itd still be shorter then if every game went to time with the traditional ruleset =p

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I just mean after bo5 it's just kinda silly since dudes can get tired/lose focus since they're not used to playing a set for so long at a time and it's not even finals or semifinals. Plus with bo5 you can usually tell who the better player is since it allows to weed out fluke games and such but doesnt drag on too long.

Time isn't really an issue to me lol it's just the logic behind the decision in terms of determining "fair" rulesets.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
but its not even longer >.>
3 stocks 2/3 = 6 stocks minimum, 9 stocks maximum
1 stock 4/7 = 4 stocks minimum, 7 stocks maximum

Exdeath

Smash Master
im actually thinking about changing the rules even more. its a really cute idea actually

1 stock, 3 mins
BO7
Set order is fixed: SV/Lylat/BF/Siege/PS1/Yoshis/FD
no CPs

im really thinking about trying it =] but maybe not...we'll see
Sounds cool.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i realize its weird, but, i think it might be more competitively viable overall o.O

maybe not the set stage order thing, im kind of on the fence about that. but 1 stock is starting to interest me more

stingers

Smash Obsessed
brawls different from melee kevin
its campy
and slow
and BORING
and nothing will ever change that
so you might as well make it 1 stock

edit: nvm def. sticking with 2 stock for now. save 1 stock for a future time

Jon?

Smash Champion

Hey, make Pokemon Stadium 2 legal or me and Sushi won't come to these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom