• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something2Do Tournaments! - May 11th, 2013 - Louisville Kentucky

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629

Something2Do has basically given us the chance to get our scene back together, Louisville! Let's use it!

Rules and stuff are obviously up for discussion. Starting out with Unity because it's easy to copy/paste :p. Will edit this whenever new dates are decided on.

Metaknight is banned!

Schedule will be decided at the tournament. Know that we're starting brawl at 11:30-12. Try to be there by then! We'll add in side tournaments/friendlies depending on the amount of time we have with the venue. It should look like this though:

Brawl -> Melee -> *insert side events here if requested* -> friendlies friendlies friendlies.

We have a lot of time for a small tournament.

The TV's ARE HD and will have slight lag. If you don't like that, then bring your own setup or bring an extra set of cables for the event (I have no idea how tv cables work lol)! This is mainly for Kentucky to practice in brawl/melee so we're going with the best that we can get xD.

Brawl/Melee Entry Fee is $10!

Cursing is banned in every way, shape, or form. You can get kicked out of the venue for cursing. It can very easily make customers leave, which is harming the store's profits. Don't do it please! Thank you!

Will edit thread later in case I missed anything.

Contact information:

Store Manager: Brandy L. Pierre
E-mail: Something2doGames@gmail.com

Phone: 502.425.5257

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Something-2-Do/112747674370
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Something2Do_KY

Hours

Monday - Thursday: 10am - 9pm

Friday - Saturday: 10am - 9:30pm

Sunday: 12pm - 6pm

Oxmoor Center
7900 Shelbyville Road
Louisville, Kentucky 40222

(All copied from S2D site)

BRAWL

General Gameplay Rules

1. 3 Stocks
  2. 8 Minute Time Limit
  3. Items set to "Off" and "None"
  4. Pause set to "Off"
  5. All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
  6. There is a 50 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters except Metaknight. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
  7. Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
  8. There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight.
  9. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight.
  10. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
  11. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  12. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
    • In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
    • If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 18 is used for all characters except Metaknight.
Modified Rules for Doubles

1. Team Attack set to "On"
  2. Life stealing is allowed.
  3. In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
  4. In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
  5. If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.
Set Procedure

1. Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
  2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
  3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
  4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 2-3-1 (Team 1 strikes two stages, followed by Team 2 striking three stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
  5. The first match is played.
  6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
  7. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
  8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
  9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  11. The next match is played.
  12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams will use a random method such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flip, or Game and Watch Judgment, where the winner selects either first choice in port selection or first choice in stage striking. Whichever team does not receive first choice in port selection will be compensated with first choice in stage striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).​
Stage List

Starters | Counterpicks
Battlefield|Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege|Brinstar
Final Destination|Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise|Pokémon Stadium 2
Pokemon Stadium 1|Rainbow Cruise
Smashville|Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)|

Conduct Rules

1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
  2. In the event pause is left on accidentally and is pressed, immediately call over the TO. Based upon their judgment, the situation will be resolved. If your situation is neutral [players are not in combat], the match will be resumed as if the pause had not occurred. If your situation is advantageous to one individual and the player in the disadvantageous situation paused, the disadvantaged player will be either placed in a grab or onto the ledge of the stage. If a player in a death situation [Chain grabs, Grab releases, Jab-locks to a kill move, etc] paused while in a death situation, the current stock is forfeited immediately. If you unpause before the TO reaches the station, the player that unpaused losses a stock.
  3. During gameplay, any coaching parties must remain a finite distance determined by the TO away from the players in order to give players equal access to all coached information. Ear-side coaching is prohibited during games, but acceptable between games. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the coach's removal from the venue or a call to replay the game that the coaching interfered with.
  4. Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
  5. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
  6. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
  7. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
  8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
  9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
  10. Regarding textures and other game hacks:
    • Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
    • The URC recommends players do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.
    • Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.
  11. Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player's ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.
MELEE

Stage List

Singles

Starter Stage List:

Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:

Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Teams

Starter Stage List:

Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:

Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

General Rules

Items are set to off.
Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Additional Rules for Teams Play

Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON

Redwood Counter Pick System

Blind Picks character selection.
Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
The first match is played.
Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
The winning player of preceding match picks character.
The losing player picks character.
The next match is played.
Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

(All copied from Unity Ruleset page and Melee Ruleset page)​

Kel

Smash Master
Isn't this the same weekend as the MI Ann arbor tournament?

I'll be going to this anyway, but I'm still curious =)

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
This IS the same weekend as the MI Ann arbor event. Me and Pie talked to the store manager today, and that saturday was the only recent saturday available due to big magic events. This won't stop us from brawling often, but new sets being released = limited brawl time lol.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Am I allowed to come? If Jake's thing's going on the same weekend, I'll probably be going to that instead, but I'd like to know just in case/for the future.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
From what I understand, the owner isn't a fan of me either, haha. But it's been years, so he probably doesn't remember.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
From what I understand, the owner isn't a fan of me either, haha. But it's been years, so he probably doesn't remember.
I don't see why not.

Who is Terry? The store is under completely new management and she said that she wouldn't mind everyone coming back :p.

BetaDyne

Smash Cadet
It'll be good to get back to it.

@Joey: We need to practice some more lol I don't want to get absolutely ***** in this first tourney...I mean I guess partially is okay....although I'd prefer that not happening either.

@Kel: Bout that practice, Hyperbolic time chamber ish *Dedicated Wolf Player Over Here Ready To Get Better* *Also Uses Caps To Start Every Word Cause I Enjoy Making Things Harder For People To Read* -Pun intended-

Kirikou Rung

Smash Apprentice
Hey Excel do you come through dayton on your way there cause i really want to go to this and i would be able to chip in for gas

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Good to hear, Joey. I'll be up for coming around if there isn't anything else going on that Saturday. If I don't make it to this one, I'll most likely be at the next.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Yeah, the line CLEARLY goes through dayton. That means its on the way right?

clowsui

Smash Legend
brian if i came i'd probably be driving on my own lol, i'd be going to dayton afterwards

edit: holy *** balls. total 4 hrs 49 mins of driving? ugh chances decreased

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
brian if i came i'd probably be driving on my own lol, i'd be going to dayton afterwards

edit: holy *** balls. total 4 hrs 49 mins of driving? ugh chances decreased
The drive is easier if you let someone take you :p.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
There are a few (not sure if really competitive) melee players coming from what I've heard.

I'll be playing personally lol.

Top Bottom