• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Woodlawn Smash I

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
[size=+5]Woodlawn Theatre Brawl Monthlies I![/size]

http://www.thewoodlawntheatre.com

[size=+1]This will be the first of a series of tournaments that, if all goes well, will hopefully expand the San Antonio Smash scene![/size]

♪Let us begin♪

[size=+1]Venue:[/size]

The Woodlawn Theatre
1920 Fredricksburg Road
San Antonio, Texas, 78201

The room it will be held in won't be under the big "Woodlawn" sign. It will be a few doors down the building in a room with big glass windows. I will have my car (a bright yellow Chevy Cobalt) parked in front of it and there will be signs directing you to the room.

[size=+1]Date & Time:[/size]

March 10, 2012
Signups/Warmups - 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Doubles - 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
Pools - 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Break - 2:30 PM – 3:00 PM
Singles (Amateur and Pro Bracket) - 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Side Event - 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM (If we get time)
Friendlies and anything extra - 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM
[size=+1]Please do NOT be late! We don't want to be running the tournament off schedule.[/size]

[size=+1]Events/Fees:[/size]

Venue Fee (Entry Fee) - $5.00**
Brawl Singles (Amateur and Pro Bracket) - $5.00
Brawl Doubles - $10.00 ($5 Per team mate)
Side Event (Waseda Crews) - Free
($15 total per player if you enter all events)

[size=+1]Parking & Food:[/size]

There should be plenty of parking in front of the theater. But if all the spots are filled, you can park anywhere around except for the ice cream store next door.

Snacks and drinks will be provided for free. If you get lucky, there will also be Cici's pizza!

[size=+1]Housing:[/size]

If you are from out of San Antonio, just ask anyone on the San Antonio social thread. I'm sure you can find a house to spend the night at if you need to.

[size=+3]Setups:[/size]

Please bring setups!! There should be enough TV's provided there (still bring some if you can), but I want to get at least six wii's and copies of Brawl. If you bring a wii + Brawl, you will get your venue fee waived. I should be able to bring 2 wii's, so I will need at least 4 brought from other people.

[size=+1]Payouts:[/size]

Brawl Singles (Pro Bracket):
1st place – 50%
2nd place – 25%
3rd place – 15%
4th place – 10%

Brawl Singles (Amateur Bracket):
1st place – Entry fee waived
2nd place – Entry fee waived

Brawl Doubles:
1st place – 60%
2nd place – 30%
3rd place – 10%

[size=+1]Rules:[/size]

We will be using a slightly modified version of Unity Ruleset v2.1! Click here for rules

Starter Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter Picks:
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Pokémon Stadium 1
Castle Siege

*Note that Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, and Pokémon Stadium 2 are banned. Stages striking will be performed in a 1-2-1 manner, with the lower seeded player striking first and last.

META KNIGHT WILL BE BANNED IN SINGLES AND DOUBLES!!

[size=+1]AiB/Facebook Link:[/size]

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=13090
http://www.facebook.com/events/363152503702490/

[size=+1]Contact Info:[/size]

Wes Wehner (Blondie) - (210)-232-5244
Call or text me for any extra info :)

[size=+1]Notes:[/size]

If you have any suggestions for anything, post about it in the thread. I'm more than open to suggestions for everything. I would especially like some input on the side event. If these tournaments ever grow in size, certain rooms in the theater would easily be large enough to hold regional tournaments. PLEASE advertise this to everyone, especially people in San Antonio. My biggest goal is to expand the San Antonio Brawl scene.

**The venue fee will be used partly to pay for the available food which will be served on a first come, first serve basis. The other part will be used to fund the actual tournament. I will put all extra money into buying TV's, wii's, copies of Brawl, and anything else to increase the tournament experience. I will be pocketing NO money.

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
Edit 1: Here's the room that we will be playing in.

As you can see, it is VERY large and could easily hold enough people for a regional tournament.

Edit 2: Slightly changed the time schedule. Took out the 30 min break and added 30 mins of time, which allows for 1.5 hours of doubles and 3 hours of singles. I may change the times again in the future.

Edit 3: Here's a preview of how I'll be uploading the more hyped up matches http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msiNPIhQzWw I'll try to fix the window to make it full screen instead of a black outline like that.

Edit 4: Changed end time to 10:00 PM. Added pool, amateur, and pro bracket. Finalized the room. Side event confirmed to be Brawl -.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Fire Nation will be in attendance!

Also, Blondie if you need help TOing, I will be happy to help. I want this to grow to be a major series!

:phone:

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
Fire Nation will be in attendance!

Also, Blondie if you need help TOing, I will be happy to help. I want this to grow to be a major series!

:phone:
Sounds awesome!! Glad so many people are interested in this!

And getting help TOing sound awesome also. This is my first tournament to host, so I'll need all the help I can get depending on how many people show up.

Tesh

Smash Hero
How are you going to do those brawl events in an hour each?

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
lol, someone in the 210 fighting group on fb posted a link to this thread asking if there would be mvc3, me and kyle were like "wtf" but this turns out to be that tournament sync told me about, he wanted to chill so ill be here to just chill.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I'm going to try really hard to make it to this.
Work is the only thing in the way.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
"Signups/Warmups - 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Doubles - 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
Singles - 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Side Event - 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM
Out of venue by 5:30PM (or later if need be...)"

LOL

Top Bottom