• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Woodlawn Smash I

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
My carpool is Trela, Sync, shadow1pj, Wingless, and myself and we need housing for Friday.

If there is room at a place housing a lot of other people so we can get practice, that's cool.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
How long does doubles' bracket last? Say 12 teams and like 6 TVs? 1 hour? 2 hours?

I may have to leave for a moment before pools begin, so I just want to see if events will follow with the schedule as close as possible.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I think there should be pools no matter what, so I don't lose points when I lose to random bad players.

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
I think pools is a great idea because everyone gets to play more, not to mention there is an amateur bracket, thus everyone gets to play in bracket regardless.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I didn't read the doubles part, and the discussion was Waseda crews so I thought you meant that you wished to play me.
Sure, I guess i'll join waseda doubles if I have the money for it.

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
orrr how about another Waseda Crew Battle? that **** was mad hype last time.
Alright, due to popular demand, I'll probably do this. I wanna keep the side event new for every tourney in the future, so don't be expecting waseda at every tourney. So does everyone wanna do doubles or crew?

How long does doubles' bracket last? Say 12 teams and like 6 TVs? 1 hour? 2 hours?

I may have to leave for a moment before pools begin, so I just want to see if events will follow with the schedule as close as possible.
Well, I have it set to 1 1/2 hours, and I'm gonna try to stick to the schedule as closely as possible. I've never run a tournament before though, so I can't be sure. If anything, I'll be starting pools late, not early.

i don't think there should be pools if there isn't enough people (unless it's just for seeding).

just my penny.
Like the others said, I think it's a good idea regardless. It gets everyone more time to play, and I REALLY wanna have an amateur bracket to help get newer players to have more fun.

will i finally attend a tourney ... ugh and its only 20 minuets away too gah ;-;
YES!! Please come! San Antonio is always looking for new faces :) If you need a ride, post about it in the San Antonio social and I'm sure someone will get you. I'll come pick you up if it comes to it.

Bɪɢ Bоѕѕ

Smash Apprentice
well, if you're gonna keep the side event new every tourney, I'd suggest a "C-Tier and below only" tourney or something of the like (D/E/F-tier and below). it would give newcomers & lower-ranked players a chance at money.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Slush has been working on getting his GED for awhile now, Nike. He's doing his final tests this week, actually.
You'd know that if you answered his phone calls more often. :smirk: :applejack:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Crap. I may not be able to make this after all. We'll see.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Alright, due to popular demand, I'll probably do this. I wanna keep the side event new for every tourney in the future, so don't be expecting waseda at every tourney. So does everyone wanna do doubles or crew?
Crews. Someone bring Gnes so I can play his Falco now that I know the match-up.
I demand satisfaction!!

Also, 99% on going to this now. :D
I need a teammate, though. Not Leaf, that guy was mean last time I asked him.

Also, someone house RedShadow's carpool Friday night. It might be your chance to house the elusive Nameless Wanderer and the rest of those Austin players that aren't as rare.

Trela

Smash Lord
K Prime, you still up for teaming? :)

I'm also ready for Waseda Crews this time around. Now should I go Fox or Marth....or maybe Samus?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Are characters picked before the crews are decided or after? I can't remember how it went last time.

Dojo

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure we started issuing characters after crews were formed, making a list to give to the other crew of our characters and our first player up.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
OH THAT'S RIGHT, that's how Gnes' crew CPed us. He saw that there were two Olimars on the other one.
Airhead moment, sorry.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
So it ends at 10 now? Good, sync yall are still staying to go out to eat right? I'll show up at like 930!

:phone:

Sync.

Smash Champion
Suspect Gnes is coming so we can all eat.

@Megafox: I completely forgot I was teaming with Gnes... We were originally but then he wasn't going to come but now he's coming again lol. Sorry brotini!

Nike.

Smash Hero
Megafox, team with me? No more dum mk ditto teams to **** us.

Also, To Houston, Austin, anyone who's asking me for housing: I got you lol.
I guess just txt me your arrival times on fri.

I apologize for all the mia, but my job has forced me to be away.
I might be back to normal after tmrw :)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I apologize for all the mia, but my job has forced me to be away.
I might be back to normal after tmrw :)
I've been MIA too tournament wise, if you're free tomorrow bring me my controller, and if you want some friendlies. Tell me a time when you feel like playing if you can, I need some form of practice before the tournament begins.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If you wanna team with Nike, Mega, go for it.
I'm kinda sorta apathetic about the teams idea right now anyways. :applejack:

Top Bottom