• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RedBull & ECUG: LAN XIV Ft Kadaj Ryo Kyon Stingers Kuro - April 21, 2012

KoozyK

Smash Ace
ECU Gaming in Support with Red Bull Present:
LAN XIV - April 21st
~MK is banned, Check Stagelist~
~Now with UMvC3 and SSF4:AE!~

Contact Information
ECU Gaming
Joe ecugaming@gmail.com
If you have any questions/comments/concerns/suggestions, feel free to text that number or send an email at any time. He will be able to get back to you usually within a few minutes.
UMvC3/SSF4:AE - SRK Event Posting
Nate Kellum / 252-558-7545 / Kellumn09@students.ecu.edu
AJ Carver / 252-562-8280 / alcarver28@gmail.com

Greenville, NC 27858
Google Maps Links

Parking:
If you use GPS/Google Maps, it should take you right to the parking lot. On weekends, all parking is free, so anywhere you can find a spot, go right ahead. You'll need to walk around to the front of the building to get inside.

Room Location:
It is located in the Social Room of the Mendenhall Student Center (MSC). When you enter the building, go down the stairs in the main room and head towards the Billiards Rooms (away from the bowling alley). Turn left go through the door, and immediately turn right, go down that corridor. The door is on your left (There will be signs posted. You can also ask any employee working there to show you where it is).

Food:
There is a food court located on the main floor of the MSC. There is a Chik-fli-a, a full Grill (Burgers, Hot dogs, cheese-steak, etc.) and a Panini Sandwich Shop. Located across from MSC is an on-campus Subway (with convenient store), and across campus is a Chili's (still on campus). A McDonald's, Wendy's, Hardee's, Sheetz, and Krispy Kreme are all within walking distance off campus. (More or less right behind the venue)

Features:
There will more than likely be roughly 3 or 4 streams set-up and run by ECU Gaming staff. These will be done through twitch.tv, with the possibility of being front paged on twitch for the day. (This is still under discussion) If you would like to cast on one of these streams, please contact ecugaming@gmail.com

Red Bull:
Now with the Support of Red Bull, we are able to provide FREE Red Bull at our events!

Facebook Attendance List(it's a link)

Schedule (Brawl/Melee)
11:00 AM: Venue Opens, Setup and Brawl/Melee Doubles registration begins
12:00 PM: Brawl/Melee Doubles starts
4:00 PM: Doubles ends, food break, friendlies, Brawl/Melee Singles registration begins
5:00 PM: Brawl/Melee Singles starts
?:00 PM: Brawl Ends
11:30 PM: Venue Closes
Schedule (UMvC3/SSF4:AE) - SRK Event Posting
11:00 AM: Venue opens, setup and registration for UMvC3/SSF4:AE begins.
1:00 PM: UMvC3 begins.
~4:00 PM: UMvC3 ends. Casuals/Food/Late SSF4:AE Signups
6:00 PM: SSF4:AE 2012 begins.
?:00 PM: SSF4:AE 2012 ends.
?:00-11:30 Casuals/etc.
11:30 PM: Venue Closes

Prizes Brawl/Melee (subject to change dependent on participant turnout)
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

Prizes UMvC3/SSF4:AE (subject to change dependent on participant turnout) - SRK Event Posting
1st 70%
2nd 20%
3rd 10%

Prices
Brawl Singles - $5
Brawl Doubles - $10
Melee Singles - $5
Melee Doubles - $10
UMvC3 Singles - $5
SSF4: Singles - $5

Notes
  • The more setups we can get, the better. We are not having a door fee, so the more setups we can get, the smoother we can get things going.
  • We have venue space to use if the tournament runs over the time limit.
  • We also have a large amount of housing available. Just let us know
  • Prize distribution is subject to change dependent on participant turnout

Rules
[COLLAPSE="Brawl Rules"]
General Gameplay Rules
  • 3 stocks
  • 8 minute timer
  • Team attack on
  • Items set to off and none
  • Pause off
  • If pause is NOT turned off and the match is paused without consent of both players in the middle of the tournament match, whoever paused will immediately lose that round.
  • MK's banned guys
  • Dave's Stupid Rule (DSR): You may not pick a stage that you have previously won on unless agreed to by your opponent.
  1. Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on.
  2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
  3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
  4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 2-3-1 (Team 1 strikes two stages, followed by Team 2 striking three stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
  5. The first match is played.
  6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
  7. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
  8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
  9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  11. The next match is played.
  12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.
Stage List

• Starters
    • Battlefield
    • Final Destination
    • Lylat Cruise
    • Smashville
    • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
  • Counterpicks
    • Castle Siege
    • Delfino Plaza
    • Frigate Orpheon
    • Halberd
    • Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2 is banned

Conduct Rules
  • BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
  • Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
  • The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
  • Regarding textures and other game hacks:
    • Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
    • Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.
  • Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player's ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit.
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Melee Rules"]
- Items are set to off
- Stock - 4
- Timer - 8 minutes
- All sets are best of 3 (except all finals, which are best of 5)
- Stage Striking (1-2-2-1 fashion) will be done for match 1
- After the victor of a match is determined, the winner will announce 1 stage to ban (if they have not already done so) for the rest of the set. The loser will then select the stage for the next match. Then the winner of the previous match will choose their character, and then the loser will select theirs. This process will be continued until the winner of the set is determined.
- If there is a dispute over ports, then play rock-paper-scissors for it
- In the event of a timeout, sudden death is to be ignored. The winner will be decided first by stock, and then percentage. If both players have the same stock and percent, then the match must be replayed.
- Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players
- Gentleman's Rule: Any stage may be played on so long as both players agree to it, including banned stages
- Stalling (such as Peach bomber under a stage, Ice Climbers' freeze glitch, etc.) is banned
- Wobbling is NOT banned
- For doubles, life stealing is allowed and Team Attack is set to ON

Stage Selection: Singles

Neutral Stages

- Final Destination
- Dreamland 64
- Battlefield
- Yoshi Story
- Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick Stages

- All neutral stages
- Pokemon Stadium
- Brinstar
- Rainbow Cruise
- Kongo Jungle 64

Stage Selection: Doubles

Neutral Stages

- Final Destination
- Dreamland 64
- Battlefield
- Yoshi Story
- Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick Stages

- All neutral stages
- Brinstar
- Rainbow Cruise
- Kongo Jungle
- Jungle Japes[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="UMvC3 Rules"]
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Xbox 360)
- $5 Entry Fee
- Double Elimination
- Best 2/3, Grand Finals 3/5
- Winner can't change Team/Assist
- Loser can change Team/Assist

Please try and bring your own stick/pad. If you don't have one/can't bring one for whatever reason, there's a good chance someone will lend you theirs for your matches, but this is not a guarantee.
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="SSF4:AE Rules"]
Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition 2012 (Xbox 360)
- $5 Entry Fee
- Double Elimination
- Best 2/3, Grand Finals 3/5
- Winner can't change Character/Ultra
- Loser can change Character/Ultra

Please try and bring your own stick/pad. If you don't have one/can't bring one for whatever reason, there's a good chance someone will lend you theirs for your matches, but this is not a guarantee.
[/COLLAPSE]

Dransel

Smash Rookie
This is going to be a great event. Definitely hope everyone can make it out. A lot of effort is pouring in to help make this one of the best Smash events in our area.

Squire Gq

Smash Rookie
Mad peps from ecu coming so attendance should be strong regardless. If we have enough sufficient interest streams will be set up. The venue is rather large and can hold a large amount of people. Im mad hyped for this.

archer.

Smash Lord
Apparently Greenville is about as far away from Charlotte as Atlanta is. >_>

Dransel

Smash Rookie
I think he was talking about the Copy Pasta with the ruleset lol ^_^

Also, Stingers, your avatar. Do want.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
maybe. i'm going bowling tonight, if my average looks like what i'm hoping it does, even without my shoes, i'd be down.

Benjamin, are you in a league/have been in one? i'm a little wary about throwing down against people i've never met and such. also, do you play melee or brawl?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
so my average wasn't great, but i almost kept a clean sheet one game.

if i make it to this, we'll let it rock. it'll be fun even if i get bodied somehow lol.

Shwag

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I did leagues over the summer, and I'm in one now. I'm on the club bowling team. I'm not amazing, but I average like 170s.

Gryph is pretty good too.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
that's legit. if i end up here, then we'll definitely do it.

idk if behr was talking about the same concert, but something is going down with J. Cole here in greensboro, so idk if i'll be here. also, if i confirm for the richmond tournament the week after this, i may not want to spend the money to come here.

we will see. but if i come, we will battle, Benjamin

Top Bottom