• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RAGE - Thanks for comin' out to this everyone! RESULTS THREAD COMING SOON

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer

The gloves are coming off and the controllers are hitting the floor. We’re sick of SDs, gimmicks, chain grabs, and johns. This isn’t just a game anymore – this is serious business. We are standing up and getting ready to fight it out. Playtimes over, so get your game faces on and get ready to RAGE.

NEW VENUE
St Clarence church
30106 Lorain Rd
North Olmsted, Ohio

Venue fee has (sadly) been increased to 10 (unless we magically state otherwise) to cover venue costs
If this is a problem, PLEASE let the TOs know - we can work something out.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
(ctrl+f for quick search)

1. Venue/Location
2. Lineup
3. Schedule
4. Prices/Payouts
5. Rules
6. Stages
7. Housing, Events, Misc

1. VENUE/LOCATION

St Clarence church
30106 Lorain Rd
North Olmsted, Ohio

[collapse=Venue Rules]
  • This is a church. Be respectful of churchgoers. They have mass on Saturdays
  • Respect building property
  • Respect property of other smashers
  • Outside food and drinks are allowed....don't make a mess though
  • Keep language, fighting, etc to a minimum
  • No drugs or alcohol inside the building. If you need to smoke, go outside. THIS IS A NO SMOKING FACILITY
  • TOs have the right to kick anyone who is disrespecting or disobeying the rules
[/collapse]

2. LINEUP

Our featured games are…
  • BRAWL
  • MELEE
  • DODGEBALL
  • PROJECT MELEE

3. SCHEDULE

10am - Venue Opens. Set up and registration open.
11:30 - Melee Doubles Reg CLOSED
12:00 - Melee Doubles Begins ; Brawl Doubles Reg CLOSED
12:30 - Brawl Doubles Begins
3:00 - Brawl and Melee Singles Registration closed.
3:30 - Brawl/Melee Pools begin
5:00 - Food break/dodgeball
6:00 - Singles bracket
8:00 - Project Melee (if time permits)
10-12pm (between then) - VENUE CLOSES. NO EXCEPTIONS.

** NOTE - SCHEDULE IS IDEAL TIMES AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE **

4. PRICES/PAYOUT

PRICES
  • VENUE FEE - 5
  • BRAWL SINGLES - 10
  • BRAWL DOUBLES - 10 per TEAMMATE (20 PER TEAM)
  • MELEE SINGLES - 10
  • MELEE DOUBLES - 10 per TEAMMATE (20 PER TEAM)
  • PROJECT M - 5

5. RULES

You have 5 minutes to get to your station
If you aren't there in 5 minutes, you forfeit a game
If you aren't there in another 3 minutes, you forfeit the set.

*note: unless you let a TO know and you have a legitimate reason for being late to a set

BRAWL

[collapse=We are running the APEX Rules....MK is LEGAL]
• 3 stocks
• 8 minute time limit
• Items are set to “Off” and “None”
• All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
• Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape glitch and Extended Cape glitch are banned.
• There is a ledge grab limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the ledge grab limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their ledge grab limit, then this rule is ignored.
• The act of stalling is banned.
• If time runs out, the winner of the match will be the one called out by the game. If it goes to Sudden Death, then it is determined by percentage. If the percentage and/or both players die at the same time as a result of a suicide move, a one stock 3 minute tie break match is held. Ledge grab limits are reduced to 13 for Meta Knight and 18 for all other characters.
• The only other exception to this is the game ending from a Bowser or Ganondorf suicide tactic, where the initiator of the move wins.

Conduct
• In the event pause is left on accidentally and is pressed, immediately call over the tournament organizer. Based upon their judgment, the situation will be resolved. If your situation is neutral [players are not in combat], the match will be resumed as if the pause had not occurred. If your situation is advantageous to one individual and the player in the disadvantageous situation paused, the disadvantaged player will be either placed in a grab or onto the ledge of the stage. If a player in a death situation [Chain grabs, Grab releases, Jab-locks to a kill move, etc] paused while in a death situation, the current stock is forfeited immediately. If you unpause before the tournament organizer reaches the station, the player that unpaused loses a stock.
• Users of the Wii Remote must take out the Wiimote's batteries. If problems persist due to the Wiimote, the owner of the Wiimote may be disqualified.
• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
• The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
Any hacks, including (but not limited to) textures, music, and model changes are not allowed. As long as your hack isn't balls off the walls stupid and obnoxious (or game breaking), it's fine. Try to keep hacks to a minimum though. Please.[/collapse]

[collapse=Doubles]1. Team Attack set to "On"
2. Life stealing is allowed.
3. In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
4. In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
5. If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.
6. ONLY 1 MK PER TEAM. NO DOUBLE MK TEAMS![/collapse]

MELEE

[collapse=Singles]
• Items are set to off.
• Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
• Double Blind*: If elected.
• Contest Port Priority*: If elected.
• Neutral Start*: If elected.
• Standard DSR*
• Gentleman’s Clause*
• Forced Character Selection*: Off
• Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count. [/collapse]

[collapse=Doubles]
• Team Attack: ON.
• Life Stealing is allowed.
• If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match. [/collapse]

MBR Recommended Ruleset - Click here for extended explanations/etc on the ruleset being used for this tournament

6. STAGES

BRAWL

Starters Counterpicks
Smashville Battleship Halberd
Battlefield Pokémon Stadium 1
Final Destination Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise Delfino Plaza
Yoshi's Island Frigate Orpheon

MELEE

Singles
Starter Counterpick
Yoshi's Story Pokémon Stadium
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Doubles
Starter Counterpick
Yoshi's Story DK 64
Pokémon Stadium
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

7. HOUSING, EVENTS, MISC.

The Artists:
  • Lokii
  • Vudujin

Want to join the Artist Alley? See the form at the top of the page and send Lokii a PM!
[collapse=Side Events]coming soon[/collapse]

[collapse=Housing Inquriries]Juggleguy - Michigan - car of 5 requesting housing on the west side of NEOH![/collapse]

[collapse=Available Housing]BULA Sweet (aka Sweet) - Ashtabula - can house 3-4 people[/collapse]

[collapse=Hotels, Food, and other important things]Just what the title said. Writing up stuff on food and hotels ASAP[/collapse]

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
first post reserved for tournament info

[collapse=The Tournament Organizers]
INFO COMING SOON :denzel:[/collapse]

[collapse=Attendees]Lokii
Denzi
Sole
Jiffyboob
King Beef
TheKiest
Carroll
Vudujin
M@V
Sweet
Blue Rogue
Juggleguy
M@V
Berserker Swordsman
Ralph Cecil
Zinoto
Nakamaru
Ori_Bro
.Dempt
MegaRobMan
Clowsui
Dees
Auspher
Freze
Juushichi
Bjorn
Gamerasaurus[/collapse]

[collapse=Set Ups]

[/collapse]

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
@drdn: we are well aware. This is the only date we could manage sadly.

And of course we will consider (95% we will at least try to run PM) project melee c:

Thanks guys c: let's make this an awesome event

:phone:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Ain't no "considering" about it, you and the rest of Cinci are gonna BE HERE!

I showed some love and drove down, pay your dues with a first visit to NEOH and bring a full car son. xD

Same goes for you Michigan. NEOH may not have been to a MI tournament in a while but we still came to some. It's your turn. NEOH finally needs the love returned from everyone this time.

West PA, we already know you have our backs. We're showing some support for /HOPE 5 of course.

namebait: Technical_Chase, Roller, Pimp Daddy Supreme, Ori_bro, Mikey Lenetia

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Nah, bitties are just temp lays. You got yourself a GIRL.

Tell her the story, say it's for me, do whatever you gotta do to increase the odds of coming.

Roller

Smash Legend
I'll be in NJ for this. Lemme check if we have any tourneys this weekend. If not, a lot of NJ guys would probably view this as free money.. So I may be able to swing someone into driving.

clowsui

Smash Legend
she'll wanna go to the beach. if i can just convince her that this is a necessary condition for the beach we're good

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Yes I did :o

Also started working on some sigs....
Including a special edition Carroll sig.....
I'll finish that one later.

:phone:

M@v

Subarashii!
All aboard the hype train.

Choo choo.

Also my birthday is the Saturday after this I want early presents :3

Could I get a sig too lokii? I would make it myself to save time...if I still had access to photoshop ._.

oliman

Smash Journeyman
I will make this fo sho if Vidjo makes this, and i assume Silly One will make it if vidjo's goin.

Top Bottom