• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Magikoopa ~Kamek~ Deconfirmed....

Do you want Kamek in SSB4?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
THE KAMEK SUPPORT THREAD

Thanks to N3ON for the header!

Kamek is a REALLY prominent character in the Yoshi's island games, as well as some of the Mario games. I feel he was more prominent in the Yoshi's island games, where he had a lot more interaction with the player through text. he became one of those villains that you just "Love to hate", and I think that Kamek would probably be the most likely Yoshi's island character (besides Yoshi), ever. and that's probably not going to change, unless some character from yarn Yoshi gets in, which isn't entirely impossible. but until then, Kamek would probably the most likely new Yoshi's Island rep

APPEARANCES (Some credit to The Drilling Juggernaut!)
Yoshi's series:
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island- main villain
Tetris Attack- an American only version of the game, but you can't really count it out entirely.
Yoshi's Safari- Has a magikoopa boss, presumably Kamek
Yoshi Touch & Go- Kidnaps baby Luigi again
Yoshi's Island DS- Main villian again.
Yoshi's NEW Island - appears, likely to be main villian
Yarn Yoshi- unknown if he will appear

Mario series
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars- A boss battle. You fight a Magikoopa who calls Bowser his child. That's Kamek
Mario Party 5, 6, and 7- A summonable orb
Mario Party 8- a board hazard
Mario Party Advanced- a game mage
Mario Party DS- Invites Mario to Bowser's party and is a boss of Kamek's library
Mario Party 9- playable character
Super Princess Peach- Boss battle as Giant Kamek
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time- A boss and Bowser's care taker.
Super Mario Galaxy- Appears and blast Mario. A cameo more or less.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii- Boss battle and basically ties the Mario and Yoshi series together by having him behave as he does in the Yoshi series: boosting the boss for a rematch.
Paper Mario Sticker Star- Reoccurring boss
New Super Mario Bros. U- Boss Battle

MOVESETS
[COLLAPSE="Barbasol's Moveset"]

I wanted to make the most of Kamek as a spellcaster, as such, most of his specials cause effects, and not so much damage.

• Special Neutral: Koopa Kast-Off- This is based on the Yoshi's Island series. Kamek sends out a large bubble. This bubble is very slow, and drifts fowards and upwards before popping. Any enemies that are caught by the bubble are lifted one Bowser off the ground, then put into a helpless state.
  • Side Special: Duplikoopa- Kamek winds up his staff and sends out copies of himself. If it hits an enemy it does moderate damage, but if it does not hit any enemies, it is a long-range movement ability.
  • Up Special: Magikoopa Kruise:- Kamek flicks his staff, which causes a poof and reveals Kamek riding on his broom. While on his broom, he can move 360 degrees and quite quickly. However, once it's over, he falls off the broom and into a helpless state.
  • Down Special: Farsight- After looking into his Crystal ball, Kamek gains extraordinary insight into any nearby enemies. Nearby enemies are now put into slow motion.
  • Final Smash
Other Details:

• Kamek's Neutral attack is a constant stream of geometrical magic. It does less damage over time though.
  • Lightweight character.
  • Kameks attacks are mostly wide-ranging splash damage attacks.
[/COLLAPSE]
[collapse=qdMbp's moveset.]Here are my specials ideas for Kamek. I think he'd be a great addition to the roster and is my favored new Mario character.
KAMEK

Up Special
BROOM JET
(All appearances)
Kamek summons his broom and flies around freely. He accelerates much faster horizontally than vertically. While flying, hitting B will just send off a hex, regardless of direction indicated. Flying into things does damage based off of how fast Kamek is flying.
Side Special
BUBBLE TRAP
(Yoshi's Island)
A bubble starts forming at the end of Kamek's wand and when it's released it is shot sideways and it gradually rises upward off the screen. Items/enemies that are smaller than the bubble are caught inside the bubble and the bubble pops when it takes enough damage or if caught enemies struggle enough.

Charging increases the size of the bubble, how much damage the bubble can take before popping, and the damage dealt when the bubble pops. Bubble size is important- a small bubble can only capture small items and pops on contact with bigger objects (still dealing damage to both things inside and what it hit).

Tap: A small bubble that can only capture small items like capsules or bob-ombs. Pops when hitting a wall or large object.
Partial charge: It doesn't take long to make it large enough to capture enemies. Bounces off of objects too big to envelop instead of popping.
Full charge: Larger than the largest character, this giant bubble can capture anything that moves and is very difficult to pop.
Neutral Special
HEX
(Super Mario World)
Kamek conjures the classic magikoopa projectile made of variously colored geometric shapes. If there are any enemies nearby when he casts the spell, the spell shoots in the direction of the nearest enemy, but does not home and continues in a straight line. If no enemies are close, the spell just shoots forward.
Upon hitting an enemy, it simply deals damage.
If it happens to hit a container item (capsule, barrels) the item is transformed into a random weak enemy (goomba, koopa).
Down Special
BOOST
(Paper Mario Series, Yoshi's Island)
Kamek raises his wand and channels for a bit. If he is allowed to channel uninterrupted for a couple seconds, his spell grants him a random boost that lasts for a short time. Alternately, if an ally is standing right in front of Kamek when the spell is cast, the spell affects them instead.
Attack Up: Raises standard attack damage and launching capability.
Transparency: Becomes invisible and doesn't take damage (just like the cloaking device but short-lived)
Giant: Becomes super shroomed.
Heal: Heals target 10% (can't activate during certain single-player modes such as all-star and adventure)
[/collapse]
[collapse=IsmaR's pre-brawl moveset]
Special Moves

Standard Special -

Game: standard in all titles

Magical blasts - Kamek's Standard Attack. Kamek fires a Circle, square and a Triangle. these revolve around themselves. when the button is let go kamek will fire them. they can not be held for longer then five seconds.

Up special :

Broom Stick - kamek flies on her broom stick. the user has free control after the spell has been casted. when the spell ends she will go into fall special

Side special -

shrink : kamek will point his wand straight forward and fire a small blast of invisible energy. If it hits the foe they will be shrunk. It acts like a poison mushroom but for a shorter period of time.

down special

pyrokinesis -

kamek kneels down. and creates fire arround him. the fires then stay alight for a short amount of time. these flames are the flames shown throughout the mario series. kamek creates 3 or 4 of them
Final smash

Kamek grabs the smash ball!

Kamek duplicates himself into 6, each fliying up into a line. They all shoot off fireballs from the top of the screen,
while moving side to side, and combine their last one for a massive magic blast. Lasts 12-22 seconds and then... it's over
[/collapse]
MUSIC
Featured Track:
Other Music:
Mini-Boss (Yoshi's Island)
Would probably be on whatever Yoshi's island themed level there is.
Big Boss (Yoshi's Island)
Maybe used in some sort of castle, if Bowser's castle is a stage this would be cool. Dunno if it would work on a regular yoshi stage.
Baby Bowser (Yoshi's Island)
Would also be better on a Bowser-themed stage, but hey, it's still kinda related to kamek. :)
Castle Fortress (Yoshi's Island)
This one sounds pretty good. sounds like Kamek. :bee:
Cave, Underground (Yoshi's Island)
Pretty good, but I really can't see this one getting used that much.
Yoshi's Island (Yoshi's Island)
we have yet to see the true beauty of this one track in smash.
Kamek's Theme (Yoshi's Island)
Probably maybe would be used for credits or something.
Kamek's Theme (Yoshi's Island DS)
Honestly, not my favorite, all his other themes are way better IMO.
Final Boss Theme (Yoshi's Island DS)
not bad for yoshi's island DS. but other themes are still better.
Boss Kamek (Super Mario Galaxy)
don't really know where this would be used... but it's here!
Kamek's Theme (Paper Mario: Sticker Star)
Because why not? also flipflops.

COLOUR PALLETS
by splat:

A SERIES OF COUNTER ARGUMENTS

-Yoshi doesn't need any new characters! Yoshi is just fine by himself!
Yoshi is one of the original 10 series that doesn't have a second rep. heck, even earthbound has a second rep. so why not Yoshi?

-Kamek isn't even the main villain! Baby Bowser is!
Baby Bowser is the final boss. Kamek, however, is pulling the strings. you also have regular encounters with him so he becomes quite memorable as the major antagonist very quickly.

-Kamek isn't a Yoshi character. he's a Mario character.
Although it is true magikoopas were introduced first in Super Mario World, Kamek himself had the more impact on the Yoshi series than in the Mario series. In the Mario series magikoopas were mostly basic enemies. sometimes Kamek did get a small cameo, like in the Bowser's Inside Story ending, or in the super Mario galaxy intro (as well as many larger scale rolls, which do originate from his place in Yoshi's Island, AKA New super Mario Bros Wii). in Yoshi's island, Kamek was usually the main villain, and mocks you throughout most of the games, so you will see him MANY times, making him more noticeable as a character. also, Kamek himself would hardly be important if it wasn't for Yoshi's Island. if it wasn't for this, he wouldn't even make appearances in somewhere else. he has just as right to be a Yoshi character as the green dino himself.

-Kameks are just a race of enemies!
First, we are talking about THE Kamek, from Yoshi's island. you know, the one that mocks you before EVERY BOSS? Second, the name of the race is "Magikoopa", not Kamek.

ART AND FAN-ART

SUPPORTERS
Onyx Oblivian, Kink-Link5, The Drilling Juggernaut, qdMbp, Rosalina Supporter, Dark Phazon, Swampasaur, Shortiecanbrawl, Falkoopa, Lucidthought, legendofrob1, thethirdkoopa, SirGalvan, IsmaR, RomanceDawn, Groose, KingofPhantoms47, YoshiandToad, FiDeL, Kevandre, Altais, King Shadow, Pacack, Tepig2000, greenluigiman2, PigmaskColonel, Louie G. crophmarumariolu2w0vol41peeeeeek

There is a lot of information in the old Brawl thread as well, you can look through it by clicking here.

[collapse=Lucidthought's Old Thread]

this guy is practically the main antagonist of the yoshi franchise...he's appeared in every single yoshi's island game as a major character. he has made countless appearances in the mario series as well. as bowser's second command...kamek has got plenty to love about him. he adds another villain character to the fight. he has plenty of set potential. if it is decided that a second character should be given to the yoshi series...it should be him. what competition does he even have?

is he likely? not at all. but would he be a unique addition? yes. would he be the best possible second yoshi character? yes. i'm not saying it will happen or is even likely to happen but it would be cool if it did :bee:

feel free to submit movesets and extras in this thread. i'll add them to this post if you'd like. :) [/collapse]
Sig (by me):

Also, THIS

Last edited:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I never understood why people never consider the guy. He's the antagonist of the Yoshi's series, and is basically bowsers right hand man. I think he's appeared in enough games to warrant an appearance. And his moveset would be pretty easy peasy to do.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Been on my list for a while. In my fantasy land, he and Vaati are the primary villains in the 3DS game, but play no part in the WiiU game aside from being unlocked for classic/vs/etc when the 3DS is connected to the WiiU.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I would say, all things considered, he'd deserve to be in over Bowser Jr. But... he's not really a major player anymore. Could be fun tho.

splat

Smash Lord
Easily the best possible second Yoshi representative.
Agreed. Much better than Birdo, the usual suspect. Kamek actually has personal flavor, while Birdo seems to be shoehorned in to fit with Yoshi.

I would say, all things considered, he'd deserve to be in over Bowser Jr. But... he's not really a major player anymore. Could be fun tho.
Not really being a major player anymore shouldn't be a problem for a game that profiles itself as a battle game between Nintendo's 'All-stars'. Heck, we have lots of retro characters that haven't been a major player for a long time. Kamek at least had some roles recently.

jigglover

Smash Lord
He was playable in the newest mario game (mario party 9,) and that may be an easter egg for things to come (although it probably isn't.) Besides, it's about time yoshi gets another rep, he's officialy the only character (well, him and the cap'n) in the 64 game not to have a 2nd rep for his series yet.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
err I thought that the blue ones were just magikoopas, I thought Kamek wore purple... you know like in the paper mario series?

Throwing my support in here. Kamek is a perfect Yoshi rep and there is a sever lack of pure sorcery based characters in the smash. The character is a solid villain, pretty important in both the Mario and Yoshi series (and that is saying something when it comes to those series), and has been snubbed so many times.

I'm sure I have a old moveset on a old computer somewhere. It's pretty good if I remember right. I'll find it and post it in here.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I got to thinking, and yeah, I'll have to throw my support behind Kamek as well. Being a long-time character and having the potential for a VERY unique moveset style would be reason enough to include him.

I'd much rather have Kamek than Waluigi, Toad, Daisy, or Bowser Jr. That's for sure.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
err I thought that the blue ones were just magikoopas, I thought Kamek wore purple... you know like in the paper mario series?
Kamek wears blue, and looks like a regular Magikoopa.

In fact, Magikoopa's name in Japanese is Kamek.

Your either thinking about Kammy or Kamella, who are female. Which is why they are wearing purple.

Male Magikoopa - blue, female - purple.

Kamek is the MALE magikoopa who raised bowser.

He's sort of like Toad, both a generic species name but has significant purpose beyond that

D

Deleted member

Kamek only appears in three Yoshi games. I don't see how he can be seen as the "main" villain if he's been the main villain in only two games, the same as adult Bowser himself.

I mean:
Yoshi's Island-Kamek (With Baby Bowser as Final Boss)
Yoshi's Story-Baby Bowser (Kamek does not appear)
Yoshi Topsy-Turvy-Bowser (No Kamek or Baby Bowser)
Yoshi Touch and Go-Kamek (Baby Bowser is only a cameo)
Yoshi's Island DS-Bowser

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bowser being the final boss doesn't make Bowser the main villain.

Also, Kamek appears in Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros Wii

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that Sakurai dosen't really care for any other characters from the Yoshi series except for Yoshi himself.
And, IF there is another rep from the Yoshi series, I think it'd be probably Baby Mario or some other 'Baby' character.

D

Deleted member

Bowser being the final boss doesn't make Bowser the main villain.

Also, Kamek appears in Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros Wii
Those aren't Yoshi games, therefore, they do not matter when we look at Kamek as a Yoshi rep. And he's not the main villain in those either anyway.

And yes, Bowser was the main villain in Topsy Turvy and DS.
Topsy Turvy didn't even have Baby Bowser or Kamek, and Bowser was responsible for the plot of DS.

jigglover

Smash Lord
The simple fact that Kamek plays a major role in the games is good enough as well. Kamek is responsible for baby Luigi's kid-napping at the beginning of Yoshi's island DS. And as PsychoIncarnate rightfully said, being the final boss doesn't make him the main villian. Take Pokemon Emerald for instance, team magma and aqua are both the main villians, with Maxie and Archie more so, but the final battle is in fact against Wallace, an ally through and through.

Those aren't Yoshi games, therefore, they do not matter when we look at Kamek as a Yoshi rep. And he's not the main villain in those either anyway.

And yes, Bowser was the main villain in Topsy Turvy and DS.
Topsy Turvy didn't even have Baby Bowser or Kamek, and Bowser was responsible for the plot of DS.
You can't just pick and choose like that, a Kamek appearance is a Kamek appearance. Him being a Yoshi rep. just makes the most sense because that is where he has the most prominent role. The line between the Mario and Yoshi's series is blurred. Even in Melee the Super Mario World stage is categorized as a Yoshi stage, which doesn't make much sense.

That said his offical apperance count is 16:

[COLLAPSE="Kamek appearances"]Yoshi's series:

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island-main villain
Tetris Attack-an American only version of the game, but you can't really count it out entirely.
Yoshi Touch & Go-Kidnaps baby Luigi again
Yoshi's Island DS- Main villian again.

Mario series

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars-A boss battle. You fight a Magikoopa who calls Bowser his child. That's Kamek
Mario Party 5, 6, and 7- A summonable orb
Mario Party 8- a board hazard
Mario Party Advanced- a game mage
Mario Party DS- Invites Mario to Bowsers party.
Mario Party 9-playable character
Super Princess Peach-Boss battle as Giant Kamek
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time- A boss and Bowser's care taker.
Super Mario Galaxy-Appears and blast Mario. A cameo more or less.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii-Boss battle and basically ties the Mario and Yoshi series together by having him behave as he does in the Yoshi series: boosting the boss for a rematch.[/COLLAPSE]

This doesn't even include roles that had a magikoopa that acts just like Kamek but isn't actually called "Kamek" and mentions. That would make the number higher.

The character's chances are pretty low as is, there's really no point in discrediting one of the things that improves his chances based on a technicality.

D

Deleted member

The simple fact that Kamek plays a major role in the games is good enough as well. Kamek is responsible for baby Luigi's kid-napping at the beginning of Yoshi's island DS. And as PsychoIncarnate rightfully said, being the final boss doesn't make him the main villian. Take Pokemon Emerald for instance, team magma and aqua are both the main villians, with Maxie and Archie more so, but the final battle is in fact against Wallace, an ally through and through.
Do people really forget that Bowser was after not only Baby Luigi, but the other Babys, INCLUDING Baby Bowser in that game?

Seriously. -_- "OMG, Kamek kidnapped Baby Luigi, he MUST be the main villain!"
Yeah, let's just ignore that it was under Bowser's orders for his plot to kidnap the Star Children....
Do the bloody research.

And by your logic, Zant is the main villain of Twilight Princess. Afterall, Ganondorf's just the final boss.

EDIT: @Drilling Juggernaut: He'd be more likely a Mario rep due to his numerous appearances in the Mario series as of late. And while the line is blurred, it's apparent that the line is there. Afterall, Yoshi repped his own series since the original Smash.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Do people really forget that Bowser was after not only Baby Luigi, but the other Babys, INCLUDING Baby Bowser in that game?

Seriously. -_- "OMG, Kamek kidnapped Baby Luigi, he MUST be the main villain!"
Yeah, let's just ignore that it was under Bowser's orders for his plot to kidnap the Star Children....
Do the bloody research.
If you can read properly, I said: it's enough that Kamek plays a major role in the games. At the start of Yoshi's island DS he kidnapped baby Luigi. If you don't understand, first of all I stated about how he plays a major role and then I told you he kidnapped baby luigi at the beginning. Do you see how those two statements are connected?
How the flipping hell is Bowser after himself!? This game is before the original super mario bros. on the timeline of mario/yoshi games. Baby Mario and Baby Luigi and two different characters, but in fact child versions of the same mario and luigi in current games. The same goes for Wario, BOWSER, Peach etc.

D

Deleted member

If you can read properly, I said: it's enough that Kamek plays a major role in the games. At the start of Yoshi's island DS he kidnapped baby Luigi. If you don't understand, first of all I stated about how he plays a major role and then I told you he kidnapped baby luigi at the beginning. Do you see how those two statements are connected?
How the flipping hell is Bowser after himself!? This game is before the original super mario bros. on the timeline of mario/yoshi games. Baby Mario and Baby Luigi and two different characters, but in fact child versions of the same mario and luigi in current games. The same goes for Wario, BOWSER, Peach etc.
Major role =/= main villain.
And seriously? You are a ****ing idiot.
Do the bloody research.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Yoshi's_Island_DS
Since I doubt you can even read...
Yoshi's Island DS Mario Wiki page said:
It is revealed after beating Six Face Sal that the future Bowser and future Kamek were the ones kidnapping the babies, and are looking for seven Star Children, young children that have magical stars in them. If someone collects all the stars, then he or she will rule the world. Kamek kidnaps Baby Bowser (while Kamek of the past tries to stop him), and Baby Bowser and Bowser get into a fight, ending with Bowser breathing fire at his younger self and sending him falling out the window. Baby Bowser lands on Yoshi's back, complains to them that his future self is stupid, and joins their team, although they are worried that he might suddenly attack them.
Bowser is the ****ing reason why you can use Baby Bowser in the game, moron.

Airslash

Smash Journeyman
I kinda wonder about his moveset.

He would more than likely be grounded, his recovery would allow him to use his broom to fly, much like Mk/Charizard/Pit do. That's all I can think of... his magic would be a big thing obv.

Uber broken imo xD

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I doubt Kamek would be in, but I had fun thinking up some moves for him. About a year back, someone thought up a Kamek moveset and I thought it was pretty good. After digging through a locked thread, I've found and reconstructed the info:

[COLLAPSE="Barbasol's Moveset"]

I wanted to make the most of Kamek as a spellcaster, as such, most of his specials cause effects, and not so much damage.

• Special Neutral: Koopa Kast-Off- This is based on the Yoshi's Island series. Kamek sends out a large bubble. This bubble is very slow, and drifts fowards and upwards before popping. Any enemies that are caught by the bubble are lifted one Bowser off the ground, then put into a helpless state.
  • Side Special: Duplikoopa- Kamek winds up his staff and sends out copies of himself. If it hits an enemy it does moderate damage, but if it does not hit any enemies, it is a long-range movement ability.
  • Up Special: Magikoopa Kruise:- Kamek flicks his staff, which causes a poof and reveals Kamek riding on his broom. While on his broom, he can move 360 degrees and quite quickly. However, once it's over, he falls off the broom and into a helpless state.
  • Down Special: Farsight- After looking into his Crystal ball, Kamek gains extraordinary insight into any nearby enemies. Nearby enemies are now put into slow motion.
  • Final Smash
Other Details:

• Kamek's Neutral attack is a constant stream of geometrical magic. It does less damage over time though.
  • Lightweight character.
  • Kameks attacks are mostly wide-ranging splash damage attacks.
[/COLLAPSE]

As you can see, Barbasol left out what his Final Smash would be, so I made a suggestion:

For Kamek's Final Smash, everyone gets encased in an individual bubble and floats slowly upward for 15 seconds. During your time in the bubble, your damage% increases; it gets more painful for the last 5 seconds, and when time runs out, so does the Final Smash. Kamek's Toadies appear and carry the bubbled players off the screen vertically; this marks the end of the Final Smash and a loss of lives.

Its VERY wise to pop out of the bubble before the time is up, otherwise you'll be unable to escape and you'll lose a life. Everyone gets sealed in a bubble, no matter what, but luckily it is escapable (for 15 seconds atleast), however you'll take damage during your time inside. Remember, once the timer hits 5, the damage will start to rise dramatically. ALSO, the bubbles slow travel allow Kamek to hurt them to increase its effectiveness, but they'll eventually float above his reach. OH, and a significant amount of force will pop the bubble, essentially aiding their escape.

A timer will appear in the upper right-hand corner during the Final Smash.

Airslash

Smash Journeyman
I think that Farsight would be incredibly broken xD

I think it could be abused and the mere fact a simple "special" move could allow him to slow his enemies would be overwhelmingly broken; even if it were just for the brevity of the move because in teams, it could be abused to high hell. He would need an alternate to replace that, in my opinion. I am incredibly fond of the other moves, but maybe for his down special it could be a projectile as well?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Here are my specials ideas for Kamek. I think he'd be a great addition to the roster and is my favored new Mario character.

KAMEK

Up Special​
BROOM JET
(All appearances)​
Kamek summons his broom and flies around freely. He accelerates much faster horizontally than vertically. While flying, hitting B will just send off a hex, regardless of direction indicated. Flying into things does damage based off of how fast Kamek is flying.

Side Special​
BUBBLE TRAP
(Yoshi's Island)​
A bubble starts forming at the end of Kamek's wand and when it's released it is shot sideways and it gradually rises upward off the screen. Items/enemies that are smaller than the bubble are caught inside the bubble and the bubble pops when it takes enough damage or if caught enemies struggle enough.

Charging increases the size of the bubble, how much damage the bubble can take before popping, and the damage dealt when the bubble pops. Bubble size is important- a small bubble can only capture small items and pops on contact with bigger objects (still dealing damage to both things inside and what it hit).

Tap: A small bubble that can only capture small items like capsules or bob-ombs. Pops when hitting a wall or large object.
Partial charge: It doesn't take long to make it large enough to capture enemies. Bounces off of objects too big to envelop instead of popping.
Full charge: Larger than the largest character, this giant bubble can capture anything that moves and is very difficult to pop.

Neutral Special​
HEX
(Super Mario World)​
Kamek conjures the classic magikoopa projectile made of variously colored geometric shapes. If there are any enemies nearby when he casts the spell, the spell shoots in the direction of the nearest enemy, but does not home and continues in a straight line. If no enemies are close, the spell just shoots forward.
Upon hitting an enemy, it simply deals damage.
If it happens to hit a container item (capsule, barrels) the item is transformed into a random weak enemy (goomba, koopa).

Down Special​
BOOST
(Paper Mario Series, Yoshi's Island)​
Kamek raises his wand and channels for a bit. If he is allowed to channel uninterrupted for a couple seconds, his spell grants him a random boost that lasts for a short time. Alternately, if an ally is standing right in front of Kamek when the spell is cast, the spell affects them instead.
Attack Up: Raises standard attack damage and launching capability.
Transparency: Becomes invisible and doesn't take damage (just like the cloaking device but short-lived)
Giant: Becomes super shroomed.
Heal: Heals target 10% (can't activate during certain single-player modes such as all-star and adventure)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Heck yes!

Go Kamek!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Oww man Kamek would be soo awsome.
I think my mario list goes

Kamek>Petey Piranna>Baby Bowser>Waluigi>Toad>Paper Mario.

Although yh Kamek is a yoshi rep i class Yoshi & Mario series as one in smash that is.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I'd love Kamek playable in Smash. I think he's the best Yoshi rep aside from Yoshi himself, too bad though it seems really unlikely.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
He really is the best Yoshi option... though, at this point he's been in a lot more Mario and Mario Party games than Yoshi games. I wouldn't be too sad if they gave Kamek the Mario mushroom icon instead of the Yoshi egg. I almost feel like Bowser and his crew deserve their own icon.

In my opinion, Kamek would bring more to the game than any other Mario series candidate as well... We don't have a Mushroom Kingdom magic user yet, and Kamek's been in so many games by now.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
He really is the best Yoshi option... though, at this point he's been in a lot more Mario and Mario Party games than Yoshi games. I wouldn't be too sad if they gave Kamek the Mario mushroom icon instead of the Yoshi egg. I almost feel like Bowser and his crew deserve their own icon.

In my opinion, Kamek would bring more to the game than any other Mario series candidate as well... We don't have a Mushroom Kingdom magic user yet, and Kamek's been in so many games by now.
Totally agree! Man just say if they stuck in Bidro instead...(-_-) that would be soooo dry...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Coolness, this thread should have been made long ago.

Kamek is pretty cool. I wonder if he'll show up in Yarn Yoshi?

Brooms stick up special, his iconic "shapes" as a neutral blast. Throw in some size changing special for an > B, and give him a Dedede esque enemy throw for his V B and we got ourselves a cool character. I would say, you could do someting like VB an enemy, and then >B the enemy to shrink or expand them.

D

Deleted member

It has been made long ago.
This thread is from June of last year. :laugh:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Haha i used to calk this guy ''Playstation guy'' When i was a kid because he shoots playstation symbols looool i love Kamek & Shy guys.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I just want kamek to get some recognition as a canidate. he doesn't really seem as popular as I want him right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom