• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Magikoopa ~Kamek~ Deconfirmed....

Do you want Kamek in SSB4?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Honestly, I actually would consider him as a Mario character instead of a "yoshi" character, simply because "yoshi" isn't actually that expansive of a franchise and Kamek's appeared in a lot more Mario and Mario Party games than Yoshi games.
By that logic, yoshi's a mario character and not a Yoshi character because of all the mario games he is in. you might and go as far and say that DK is a mario character, since he was in more mario spinoffs than he was DK games.

Kamek is best suited for Yoshi, because that's where his most prominent role is. sure, he had minor and a couple major appearances in mario, but none were AS important as the ones in the yoshi games.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
By that logic, yoshi's a mario character and not a Yoshi character because of all the mario games he is in. you might and go as far and say that DK is a mario character, since he was in more mario spinoffs than he was DK games (don't quote me on DK, I think it's true, but I might be wrong).

Kamek is best suited for Yoshi, because that's where his most prominent role is. sure, he had minor and a couple major appearances in mario, but none were AS important as the ones in the yoshi games.
I'm not sure it really makes sense to apply this to the actual protagonists of the games, heh. I don't care strongly about him counting as Yoshi or Mario, but I do think it's relevant to note that his role in the New Super Mario Bros. Wii game is almost as great as his role in Yoshi's Island. Gameplay-wise, they're identical.

It certainly is true that his first and most memorable major role was in a Yoshi's Island... but in the end he's closely associated with Bowser, and Bowser is a Mario villain.

I dunno, I could see it going either way. In terms of it affecting his chances of inclusion, it's probably more helpful if he's considered the Yoshi villain, so I guess I could start just saying he'd be a Yoshi character. :p

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
added music to the OP. pretty good, eh?

maybe it should be under a collapse tag, though.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
alright, updated the OP and made the music look more pretty. (also added the baby bowser track from yoshi's island)

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Just throwing this thing that I posted in another thread into here:

*I* think there should be a story element where some mysterious hooded sorcerer (Kamek) is going around magically turning characters into feral Giga forms and siccing them onto each other. Giga Bowser would be the first one the player sees in story mode.

I would love, love, love to see Giga Peach and Giga Jigglypuff.

And then there could be an item with the same rarity as the Smash Orb that can be acquired to turn your character into its Giga form briefly.

Awesome.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
wait. over a quarter of the people in the poll DON'T want kamek in even if they get their character? WE NEED MORE SUPPORT, STAT!

also that kamek story element is pretty cool, qdMbp.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Did you know that you can actually see which user voted which option. Click the text where the number of votes are written, and it will display a list of users who chose that option.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I just made a thing for what I think would be a good final smash for Kamek.

I think instead of him changing items, he should just make two passes. On the first pass, he'd summon and drop a bunch of assorted monster minions (Mario, Link, whatever) and then on his second pass he'd drop the magic powder to make them all giant. This would send the enemy players into a frenzy to kill as many minions as possible before Kamek can make them into giant beasts.

The number of monsters dropped could be proportional to how many enemy players there are.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I think instead of him changing items, he should just make two passes. On the first pass, he'd summon and drop a bunch of assorted monster minions (Mario, Link, whatever) and then on his second pass he'd drop the magic powder to make them all giant. This would send the enemy players into a frenzy to kill as many minions as possible before Kamek can make them into giant beasts.

The number of monsters dropped could be proportional to how many enemy players there are.
I think it would look silly if kamek DROPPED the enemies. maybe they would grow from the ground?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Im actually playing through Yoshi Island DS atm (really wanna play the orginal but dont have it anymore
..)

im on world 4 and yh Kamek is a total badass i defenetly would consider him the Villian of the Yoshi series not Baby Bowser...

Its abit like a Ridley/Mother Brain thing going on tbh.
One is the top gun but the other is the one that is firing all the shots.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Im actually playing through Yoshi Island DS atm (really wanna play the orginal but dont have it anymore
..)

im on world 4 and yh Kamek is a total badass i defenetly would consider him the Villian of the Yoshi series not Baby Bowser...

Its abit like a Ridley/Mother Brain thing going on tbh.
One is the top gun but the other is the one that is firing all the shots.
...kamek too big for smash? LOL JK

The DS version is cool, but really, the original is a lot better because of only 2 reasons:
1: The music is better
2: The final boss is a total :c:facepalm: moment. (you will see when you get there.)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
The more I think about it, the more I'm easing up to the idea. Do I think it'll happen? No. Would it be nice to finally give the Yoshi series more love instead of just stages? Yes.
glad to have another supporter. you want me to add you to supporters, right?

EDIT: added.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127

The DS version is cool, but really, the original is a lot better because of only 2 reasons:
2: The final boss is a total :c:facepalm: moment. (you will see when you get there.)
And the bonus-items were removed, you can only win lives. -_-
Oh and no melons, wtf.
And the level design somehow feels strange, as it's intended to be way easier than the original Yoshis Island.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
how do you think kamek will fit into the story?

I'd say probably going around making a couple things giant. like K. Rool, or Ridley. wait.... not ridley. he's already giant:troll:. also, he should be one of the last people to join your team. kinda like how wario did. or maybe how R.O.B. did.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Kamek should probably appear quite often in the story, pestering the characters and trying to hinder their progress.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
I'm quite a bit shocked, reading those ****ty rumors about a new Yoshi representant who will be in the new Yoshis Island 3DS. I just hope Kamek makes it in, we simply need MOAR antagonists.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'm quite a bit shocked, reading those ****ty rumors about a new Yoshi representant who will be in the new Yoshis Island 3DS. I just hope Kamek makes it in, we simply need MOAR antagonists.
yeah, if we get a new yoshi character, it better be kamek. that other character could come too, but AFTER Kamek, since he's more deserving of a spot.

If kamek doesn't get in ssb4, I'm pretty sure he's the big one I will be supporting for ssb5.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

I know the original is better hence why i said i wish i had the original i would be playing that instead.

El Fonz0

Smash Apprentice
You know, I never thought about it, but Kamek does make sense. He kinda is the Yoshi franchise equal of Bowser, and I'm sure we all don't want Baby Bowser.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
Too me Kamek is the only person who makes sense to be the next person to represent the Yoshi series. Kamek has so many different moves they can use and I honestly can say I will be excited to play as Kamek on the first day I get the game

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
kk.png

Man I really LOVE Kamek!

Another Yoshi rep MUST be him!!! There is no other character better! Not even the babies!
I really want to throw magical spells at people!!! HYPE FOR KAMEK!!!

Also, if he hit someone with that magical hammer, it will don't make the character grow into a big monster??? OMG imagine this hitting Pikachu!!!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
we still need to find out if he's in Yarn yoshi or not.

Also, can people stop voting for Shy Guy? lol, sometimes I regret putting that as an option.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I actually really like Shy Guy on top of Kamek. But seeing as he's always busy eating my projectiles or running me over on stages, I'd rather some Magikoopa love.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Shy Guys are fantastic, but it'd be a lot like putting a goomba in the game.

I mean, I wouldn't mind Kamek turning a shy guy into a gigantic snarling monster as his Final Smash...

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
I never understood why people never consider the guy. He's the antagonist of the Yoshi's series, and is basically bowsers right hand man. I think he's appeared in enough games to warrant an appearance. And his moveset would be pretty easy peasy to do.

Baby Bowser is the main antagonist of the Yoshi series.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Baby Bowser is the main antagonist of the Yoshi series.
Technically, the antagonists are Kamek the Magikoopa, regular Bowser (Yoshi's Safari, Yoshi Topsy-Turvy, Yoshi's Island DS, etc.) and then Baby Bowser (yes there's a difference), all in that order. Le source.

Baby Bowser more often than not serves as either an enforcer/boss, with only being the real antagonist in Yoshi 64. Kamek, despite being the true antagonist, serves as a lackey for (the apparently prince and later king) Bowser, but typically makes the entirety of the evil-doing happen/possible, particularly by assisting bosses with magic. Bowser shows up somewhat sporadically and serves the same role as Baby Bowser, having Kamek as a lackey yet still having him do most of the dirty work (including having to carry him home when defeated).

Aside from the obvious "Bowser = Mario's antagonist, Kamek = Yoshi's" argument, Baby Bowser doesn't really fit a role other than to be Baby Mario's counterpart (and ally, in Yoshi's Island DS) and just be spoiled/have his way. This is evident even in the spin-off/RPGs that feature all 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom