• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Magikoopa ~Kamek~ Deconfirmed....

Do you want Kamek in SSB4?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
That's a great one.

In my opinion Kamek has realistic chances, they are not that high but still high enough to not be suprised if he really makes it in.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Well, Kamek's an actual reoccurring character while there aren't any well-known Shy Guys. It's actually kind of strange, I would've thought that the series would have introduced a Shy Guy with a name by now.

Here's what I'm imagining: A mercenary group that Mario baddies hire for special espionage missions.

The Gray Guys: Each of these guys have dark gray cloaks.
Sly Guy: A sneaky shy guy who has access to all of the little gadgets that shy guys use (spears, propellers, scythes)
Snipit: A snifit with an abnormally long mask-nose-barrel that he uses for long-range sniping. One of his eyes glows red mysteriously.
Sleezo: A beezo with a dark gray cloak and a blowdart gun instead of a spear.
Bandy-Dandy: A suave bandit who is fond of wordplay and pickin' locks.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Meh..mario rep yoshi rep..wa evAhH

I think we can like all agree that if Mario gets another rep yoshi wont..and vice versa..but then again..who da funk knows..

If they both get a rep PeePz would be complaining that the ''Mario series'' is overkill loll..see what i mean?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Well, Kamek's an actual reoccurring character while there aren't any well-known Shy Guys. It's actually kind of strange, I would've thought that the series would have introduced a Shy Guy with a name by now.

Here's what I'm imagining: A mercenary group that Mario baddies hire for special espionage missions.

The Gray Guys: Each of these guys have dark gray cloaks.
Sly Guy: A sneaky shy guy who has access to all of the little gadgets that shy guys use (spears, propellers, scythes)
Snipit: A snifit with an abnormally long mask-nose-barrel that he uses for long-range sniping. One of his eyes glows red mysteriously.
Sleezo: A beezo with a dark gray cloak and a blowdart gun instead of a spear.
Bandy-Dandy: A suave bandit who is fond of wordplay and pickin' locks.
Meh, too edgy.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Meh, too edgy.
Hehe, well, I imagine them to be about as serious as the Axem Rangers... An overly dramatic group that messes things up except for the random semi-successful kidnapping of princesses... like a reoccurring enemy of the Paper Mario series.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Kamek's a G no doubt he was one of the very few enemies from the old 2D Marios that i was scared to fight.

He has great moveset potential! A mario wizard koopa! Come on man who could bring more to the table then him?

Birdo? Pffttt.../Paper Mario/Toad/Bowser J.r?

Even if those chars were made with great movesets none of them would be as cool or fun as Kamek.

Bowser J.r comes close though.

Kamek just shot high up in to my top most wanted.

MARIO:
Petey Piranna
Dry Bowser

YOSHI:
Kamek

METROID:
Ridley
Dark Samus

DK:
K.Rool
Cranky Kong

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
His FinalSmash would be no boubt him flying around spraying his magic and makes either everyone really small (double poison mushroom) or he throws in a red Koopa with murderous size who rampages a bit.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
His FinalSmash would be no boubt him flying around spraying his magic and makes either everyone really small (double poison mushroom) or he throws in a red Koopa with murderous size who rampages a bit.

Was thinking exact same sheet BruH i waz thinking of him spreading some real ****ed up **** though like had Luigi's negative zone effects so like everyones high as **** when your in there like i am right now :)

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I like the thought of him throwing a bunch of Mario-themed adventure mode enemies on the stage and sprinkling them with double-growth powder. Giant goomba? Yeah. Monster Koopa? Okay. Godzilla Hammer Bros? Now we're talking.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
mario party is the most like smash!
you mean it's a nintendo "party" game where you constantly screw people over, the items are annoying when other people use them but fun as hell when you use them, and it's a game where friendships can be temporarily crushed?

yeah, that seems about right.

EDIT: also OH GOD THAT PICTURE

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Let's just be glad that Smash doesn't reward "Bonus Kills" randomly at the end of every match.
"Most Jumps!"
"Most Food Eaten!"
"Most Damaged!"

... Let's hope Sakurai isn't reading these forums for ideas.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Let's just be glad that Smash doesn't reward "Bonus Kills" randomly at the end of every match.
"Most Jumps!"
"Most Food Eaten!"
"Most Damaged!"

... Let's hope Sakurai isn't reading these forums for ideas.
I would like them!

....if they could be turned off permanently.

also, isnt the kamek outside of yoshi's island lore refered to as magikoopa? if that's the case, kamek should def be a yoshi's island rep.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Seriously guys, did you find that realistic Kamek creepy? I didn't.
not really creepy, more like unsettling. and realistic. and unsettling because it's realistic.

also, I still want to take over the thread, because I am dissapointed with the OP, and the manager guy hasn't checked the thread in forever. anyone knows how I can take it over?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I got to be the manager now, and updated with stuff that were previously posted in the thread, like my sig and movesets. also, there is now a poll.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Take over this thread you would be a awsome manager....
I did already though. I TOOK IT ALL!! MUAHAHAHAHA-* ha? um... YOU HEARD NOTHING *vanishes*

EDIT: *reappears* just realized I made the poll "Kamek in the next THREAD".:facepalm:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
isnt the kamek outside of yoshi's island lore refered to as magikoopa? if that's the case, kamek should def be a yoshi's island rep.
Kamek is the character's name while "Magikoopa" is pretty much a term meaning "Koopa Wizard". So, more of an occupation/race description. There are lots of magikoopas in the Mario universe, but only one Kamek.

Kamek himself was definitely the one in New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Super Mario Galaxy... basically, if a generic-looking koopa wizard ever does something important, it's Kamek (even if his name isn't specifically stated in-game).

Honestly, I actually would consider him as a Mario character instead of a "yoshi" character, simply because "yoshi" isn't actually that expansive of a franchise and Kamek's appeared in a lot more Mario and Mario Party games than Yoshi games.

Edit: The OP is looking great, by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom