• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Tyler? 3 The Tyler Curse! JNIG Hype!

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Who's Tyler 3?
Brawl and Melee Tournament!

Please bring set-ups, and you have to bring your own controller!
We're going back to the Library. It was bigger, we had more time, and it cost less money to rent out. We may see Geek World again in the future though.

Address:
200 East Hubbard, Lindale, Texas 75771

Announcements:
We will be on the National Replay System this time! That means that when you bring a Brawl set-up, I will put an SD card in your Wii. This will add very safe hacks that will:
Allow replays over 3 minutes to be saved
Leave tags in the replay
Force a Save Replay action, so you can't not save a tournament match replay, or forget to.
This all means that EVERY BRAWL SINGLES TOURNAMENT MATCH WILL BE RECORDED AND ON YOUTUBE. Hype? Hype. This also means:
When you report your Matches, only Icecream, Psychoace, Labernash, Ravemaster, or Tawko can update the bracket. You may NOT update it yourself, when doing this project, it's not as simple as double clicking the winner anymore. Lots more needs to be updated, and right now only icecream knows the process. He'll teach the others by the 8th though.
Our Brawl host is Icecream, our Melee host is Psychoace, and our Pokemon host is Ravemaster.
We will hopefully be using TiOPro for the bracket. That's pretty hype.
When you report you match to me, please say what character you and your opponent used. This will make the results thread much easier, and more accurate.
Please use one in-game tag for the whole tournament, I'll ask for that when I sign you in, which will make my job much easier when figuring out who's who for the replay project.
If it kills me, there will be livestream at this event.

Price:
Venue Fee: $5(Waived if a full setup is brought(Wii or Gamecube/TV/Game))
Brawl Singles: $5
Brawl Doubles: $10 per team ($5 per player)
Side Event(Pokemon): $1-3?
Pizza Fee: $3(If you don't pay me this money, don't expect to eat.)
Melee Singles: $5

Schedule:
11:00 am Registration for all events
12:00 pm Brawl(Maybe melee if you do dubs) Doubles start.
3:00 pm Doubles around ending, Singles Starts
~7:00 pm Singles ends, Side event starts.
If we have interest and Time, We'll try and do a Pokemon(Black/White 1/2?) Tourney... Idk if that'll work out tho.
Technically the even ends at 9:00 pm but we could honestly go until 4am the next day if we had to loooool. But I would really rather not. *Psychoace edit* LET'S PARTY!

Rules:
[collapse=Brawl]
We're doing the Tyler Ruleset but modified to be less silly lol:
-3 stocks
-9 Minute Timer
-Items set to Off and None
-MK Legal
-All infinites legal till 300%
-LGL: 40 for all
-Scrooging: Must land on main stage once before going under twice. Platforms don't count.
-The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
-Pause is on but only to be used if necesary, TO will decide whether to discipline the player who pauses if needed.
-The act of unplugging your opponents controller is banned
*-Coaching is legal in between matches, or during a match if both players have a coach.

Doubles ruleset:
-Team attack is On
-Life stealing is allowed
-Double MK is Legal for this event. I saw a tourney recently that was dub MK legal. There was only one double MK team, and the didn't place well. Don't be salty, it'll be fine.
-If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.
Stages:
*-Use GW judgement to decided who strikes first, higher goes first.
*-You strike in a fashion of Ban 2, ban 3, ban 1
-Winner of round 1 bans one stage from either list, then loser picks a stage from either list.
*-Dave's Stupid Rule: You can't go back to a stage you won on previously in the set.

Starters:
Smashville
Final Destination
Battle Field
Pokemon Stadium 1(Melee)
Castle Siege
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Battleship Halberd

Counterpicks:
Rainbow Cruise
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
* = Can be changed if both players agree, a "Gentlemen's agreement."
[/collapse]

Melee
http://www.apex-series.com/rules/rules-Melee/

[collapse=Pokemon]
1v1 and 2v2 if time permits.
2v2 Battles
Pokémon Black/White Version & Black/White Version 2 Game Cards are permitted for use.
The following Pokémon may not be on a player’s team:
150 – Mewtwo
151 – Mew
249 – Lugia
250 – Ho-Oh
251 – Celebi
382 – Kyogre
383 – Groudon
384 – Rayquaza
385 – Jirachi
386 – Deoxys (All forms)
483 – Dialga
484 – Palkia
487 – Giratina/Giratina-O
489 – Phione
490 – Manaphy
491 – Darkrai
492 – Shaymin
493 – Arceus (All Pokémon types)
494 – Victini
643 – Reshiram
644 – Zekrom
646 – Kyurem/Kyurem-B/Kyurem-W
This tournament will require players to assemble a team of Pokémon, with items, prior to the start of the event. In Double Battles, each player selects four Pokémon from his or her party of six to battle with. At the start of the battle, players send out the first two Pokémon in their party, making a total of four Pokémon on the battlefield. Game play continues until a player knocks out all four of his or her opponent’s Pokémon.
Standard Team Construction Rules When building a team for this Pokémon tournament, all players must adhere to these standard construction rules.
A player’s team cannot contain two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number
Each Pokémon on a player’s team can hold an item, though no two Pokémon may hold the same item
A player’s team cannot contain two Pokémon with the same nickname
A player’s team cannot contain a Pokémon nicknamed with the name of another Pokémon (for example, an Unfezant named “Pidove”)
Pokémon may only use moves that have been learned through one of the following methods:
By leveling up
By TM or HM
As an Egg move, through breeding
From a character in the game
A move already known by a Pokémon received at an official Pokémon event or promotion
Pokémon must be placed in the Battle Box.
Pokémon above level 50 are permitted, but they are auto-leveled down to 50 for the duration of battle.
Players may use Pokémon with Hidden Abilities that have been officially released via Black Version and Pokémon White Version, the Pokémon Global Link, or an official event or promotion.
Pokémon may not know the moves Sky Drop or Dark Void.
The Wonder Launcher cannot be used during battle.
1v1 BATTLES
Pokémon Black/White Version & Black/White Version 2 Game Cards are permitted for use.
The following Pokémon may not be on a player’s team:
150 – Mewtwo
249 – Lugia
250 – Ho-Oh
257 – Blaziken (with Speedboost)
382 – Kyogre
383 – Groudon
384 – Rayquaza
386 – Deoxys/Deoxys-A/Deoxys-S
483 – Dialga
484 – Palkia
487 – Giratina/Giratina-O
490 – Manaphy
491 – Darkrai
492 – Shaymin-S (regular Shaymin is allowed)
493 – Arceus - All Types
530 – Excadrill
642 –Thundurus
643 – Reshiram
644 – Zekrom
646 – Kyurem/Kyurem-B/Kyurem-W

This tournament will require players to assemble a team of Pokémon, with items, prior to the start of the event. In Single Battles, each player selects six Pokémon from his or her party. At the start of the battle, players send out their first Pokémon in their party, making a total of two Pokémon on the battlefield. Game play continues until a player knocks out all six of his or her opponent’s Pokémon.
Smogon OU (Over Used) Team Construction Rules When building a team for this Pokémon tournament, all players must adhere to these standard construction rules.
A player’s team cannot contain two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number
Each Pokémon on a player’s team can hold an item, though no two Pokémon may hold the same item
A player’s team cannot contain two Pokémon with the same nickname
A player’s team cannot contain a Pokémon nicknamed with the name of another Pokémon (for example, an Unfezant named “Pidove”)
Pokémon may only use moves that have been learned through one of the following methods:
By leveling up
By TM or HM
As an Egg move, through breeding
From a character in the game
A move already known by a Pokémon received at an official Pokémon event or promotion
Pokémon must be placed in the Battle Box.
Pokémon above level 50 are permitted, but they are auto-leveled down to 50 for the duration of battle.
Players may use Pokémon with Hidden Abilities that have been officially released via Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2, the Pokémon Global Link, or an official event or promotion.
Pokémon may not know the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold.
Pokémon on your team may not have the ability Moody. Using both a Pokémon with Drizzle and a Pokémon with Swift Swim on the same team is banned.
The Wonder Launcher cannot be used during battle.
You may no put two of your opponent's Pokémon to sleep by a move you used but were not forced into, and neither have had their sleep removed since then.
[/collapse]

Get hyped, and tell your friends! If you absolutely need housing hit us up in this thread. We don't have a lot of room in Tyler, but we can probably try and house if needed.
Questions? Text or Call Icecream at 903-521-7233 & Psychoace 903-283-5991 (you'll get a response if you text me lol)

Raze97

Smash Rookie
(If you don't pay me this money, don't expect to eat.)
Hahaha.

Shreveport crew will be there. Me, Limbo, and ShoeS for sure. Idk about gunner and Okuser.

Labernash

Smash Lord
There is a Whataburger down the road from the venue now, so if you wanna drive down, that'd be faster than pizza.

:phone:

Labernash

Smash Lord
Might be entering doubles maybe. If so I'm teaming with the best DK in Tyler. Would be going all Bowser or all Zelda.

since

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...special appearance from Michigan maybe?
Free money would be a nice welcome back gift...

Labernash

Smash Lord
That's only because there is nothing for me to succeed in Tyler. You guys may as well not exist. ;p
More than there is to say about Dayton! GGs no ban CP?

Hey somebody bring Y.b.M. To this please.

since

Smash Journeyman
More than there is to say about Dayton! GGs no ban CP?

Hey somebody bring Y.b.M. To this please.

For as long as I'm out of Dayton, anyways.
Since kinda counts for half a person, I guess.

We'll just have to have that crew battle one day so you can be proven wrong~

Labernash

Smash Lord
For as long as I'm out of Dayton, anyways.
Since kinda counts for half a person, I guess.

We'll just have to have that crew battle one day so you can be proven wrong~
I'm a pretty nice guy and I don't like making people cry.

But all of Dayton is going to cry after Tyler destroys ya'll in that crew battle.

Labernash

Smash Lord
That's good that you guys know how to laugh at yourselves! We laugh at you all the time.

Cute how you think you have a chance! :)

since

Smash Journeyman
:/

It's too bad that it won't be happening here. Next time, everyone. Next time.

Labernash

Smash Lord
About two weeks!

Lets get as little hype as possible and all just take a nap together.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Top Bottom