• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No crying until the ending: Ninten for SSB4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
Someone had to make this thread.

Ninten is the main character of the very first Mother game (aka EarthBound Zero) that pioneered the franchise. He fought off an invading army led by Giegue (Giygas) and uncovered the mystery of his great grandparent's disappearance.

If Ninten was added in Smash Bros, then the primary protagonists of all three games can be represented. I see people suggest more characters from EarthBound and Mother 3 rather than the first game. This is fine, but I think it only makes sense to add the main character from a game that is the only one in its franchise that has yet to be represented character-wise. After all, Ninten is the first hero of the Mother franchise.
Potential Moveset:

B: PK Beam

Ninten fires a beam energy which inflicts combo damage to opponents. The longer B is held down, the longer the beam will be.

B →: PK Hypnosis

Ninten releases rings of light from his eyes which causes any opponent in front of him to fall asleep temporarily.

B ↑: PK Teleport

Ninten rapidly spins on the ground or in midair and teleports into the direction in which the analog stick is held. Any opponent caught within range of his teleportation will receive a burning damage effect.

B ↓: PSI Shield

By holding B, Ninten creates a shield which protects him from physical hits and solid projectiles. Anyone who hits him with a physical attack will receive electrical damage as a counterattack. However, the shield will not protect him from energy based projectiles or grabs. The shield will only take three hits before it disappears. Ninten isn’t stunned after it disappears, but there will be a cool-down time before he can use another shield. Also, if the shield of turned off by releasing B, its damage taken will not reset when turned on again. For example, if the shield took a hit before B is released, it will still take two more hits when turned on again.

Final Smash: Brain Cyclone

Ninten creates an aura around himself which telekinetically lifts any surrounding characters and rapidly spins them around him in a spiral. This has enough power to throw the opponents off screen. Whoever isn’t KO’d will have their controls jinxed briefly as if they are confused or “feel strange".

Objections:

Argument #1: He looks the same as Ness

Some people have said that his promotional artwork looked too similar to Ness, but that shouldn’t be too hard to fix. If it means tuning the colors of his outfit or adding different accessories he can still look more unique. For example, a lot of images I see give him alter the colors of his shirt and give him a red bandana, similarly to his commercial appearance.

Also unlike Ness, he doesn’t wear a backpack. The appearance of his in-game sprite was rather vague anyways, obviously due to technical limitations of the Famicom.

Argument #2: He will just be another Ness clone

It is assumed that his moveset would just be a copy of Ness and Lucas, but that is not necessarily true. Ninten is a PSI user, but that doesn’t mean he has to be a clone of the other two characters. It shouldn’t be too hard to make his moveset more distinct (as I was trying to prove above). There were actually several moves from EarthBound Zero that weren’t used by characters in the later games. Plus, there were moves in the other two Mother games that weren’t in the first i.e. PK Flash and PK Starstorm.

Argument #3: Ness IS Ninten

This isn’t true. Just because they looked similar before doesn’t mean they are the same exact character. They both have different settings, different friends and family, different weaknesses, as well as different stories. Even though they had some similar aspects, they still have their own plot points and details that made both games and characters unique from each other.

Argument #4: Adding another Mother character is overrepresentation

There were only two playable Mother characters in Super Smash Bros so far. I don’t see why adding one more would be overrepresentation. The roster can still be diverse if one more Mother character was added. If there were four Mother characters, then yes, that might be pushing it. But I think at least three characters should be the maximum for the Mother reps. There are only three Mother games. Like I said, the first one is the only one that has yet to have their main character represented in Smash Bros. Besides, one of the main points of Super Smash Bros is to be a showcase of Nintendo's history, not strictly the popular franchises like Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon. Don’t get me wrong, I do want to see more characters from those series, but not if they overshadow the possibilities of others.

Argument #5: Neither Ninten nor EarthBound Zero are popular enough

This doesn't matter that much. Popularity doesn’t always guarantee a character's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. I mean, was the Wii Fit Trainer ever popular before she was revealed? Masahiro Sakurai doesn’t select characters based strictly on popularity. In fact, if Ninten was included, it could introduce himself and his game of origin to a whole new audience, like what the Fire Emblem characters did in Melee or even what Ness and Lucas did when they were introduced.

Argument #6: Is he even likely?

Well, I can’t say for sure how likely he is to be in the upcoming Smash game. One thing I can say is that I certainly don’t think he’s hopeless as a potential playable character. All in all, Ninten is a Nintendo character (if his name didn’t make it obvious enough) who does fit the guidelines of what is allowed in Super Smash Bros. Also, Sakurai has been doing a lot of things with Super Smash Bros that we haven’t been expecting, again, like the Wii Fit Trainer. So who can say that Ninten is impossible?

Feel free to share your opinion about Ninten. You can discuss his high points, low points, or any other thoughts about him as a playable character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Only if Sakurai would be wise enough to incorporate a new design that takes elements from all three appearances (Shirt of the game, eyes, eyebrows, hair, freckles, etc. from the clay model, and the scarf of the commercial) as well as differenciate him from Ness (as well as differenciate Lucas a little better) would I be in favor of Ninten.

Until then, Porky has my vote for the next Mother candidate if there was to be one.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is actually a lot about the world of Earthbound Zero I prefer over the world of Earthbound.

Ninten's Magicant would make a wonderful level, I believe. Queen Mary's song is pretty good.

Not to mention that Giygas was more of Ninten's opponent than Ness.

Kind of funny, Ness finishes off Ninten's enemy, and Lucas finishes off Ness' enemy

AngelicParabola

Smash Rookie
I think they could do something different with Ninten, but I also think adding another character like Porky or Kumatora would add a little more variety.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I know about your 4th argument, but in this game I think another mother/earthbound character is over-representation. However, in smash 5, when Mario, pokemon and LoZ either have 1 more character or are almost guarnateed one in smash 5, I'd be completely for Ninten, much more than MM or Porky. So, he would definitely be great in smash 5, smash 4? No.

vGxVisions

Smash Cadet
We don't really need to get into Smash 5 yet, Smash 4 has't been released but anyway, I'd rather have Claus because the game is lacking antagonists but who's to say they won't include them both.
Poo would be cool as well.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Because it would be stupid to put in two new reps from a series that isn't as popular Pokemon, Mario, etc.

MOTHER is one of my favorite franchises but saying that it might get two new reps is pushing it.

:phone:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As much as I loved the first Mother over the 2 sequels, I'd love to be able to see him in 3D and have a battle between the 3 Mother heroes.

nessokman

Smash Lord
3 characters isn't overrepresented.pokemon is over represented. The masked man would be a superior option due to the fact he is 100% badass.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Y'know, I was pretty turned off by Ninten before, simply because the clay promotional artwork was all I'd ever seen of him aside from his sprite. I always thought he just looked too much like a dopey Ness.

But that art of him at the beginning of the OP has pretty much changed my mind completely. I've even played Mother/Earthbound Zero, and that image sorta really helped me envision the trio of Mother protagonists appearing pretty unique and awesome side-by-side.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd actually have no objections against Ninten, but I would prefer if Ness got a moveset similar to what you suggest Ninten would have to distinguis himself more from Lucas. But seeing as Ness is a 64-classic, I'm doubting that will happen. So yeah, if we get a 3rd rep for Mother (which I'd personally like) it's up between him and Porky. It'd be awesome to see Ness vs Lucas vs Ninten vs Mewtwo.

But yeah, only if we get a somewhat more equal roster franchise-wise. Meaning: add in at least 1 more F Zero rep, 1 more StarFox rep, 2 more Donkey Kong reps, a Wario rep, at least one Fire Emblem rep (preferably 2), a Kirby rep and one of the 'big 3': Mario, Zelda and Pokemon. So yeah, not all too likely but it could happen. Otherwise: nice costume idea for Ness.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
even though ive never played a mother game i woudlnt say no to another character

and having all 3 main characters dose make the most sense i suppose so i say he should get in

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
If there is a new Mother rep i want in Smash, it's definetely Ninten. Having him with Ness and Lucas would complete the necessary Mother series representation in the Smash games, as they are the protagonists of each installment of the series. It's be interesting to see how Ninten would look like in modern graphics, and his voice. Also, he should keep his pacman-shaped eyes from the original artwork. That's something he's got that Ness and Lucas don't. =p

RetroMaster3000

Smash Rookie
Yes, ninten would be very good to Mother/Earthbound Fans, but they should put a villain like Porky or Gygas(lol).
Just thing about the legend of zelda guys.They are Link, Zelda/Sheik and Ganon(the villain)

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
this actually seems like a cool idea. he seems much more bad*** than lucas and ness. i'd either go for ninten or masked man. i havent played earthbound zero but just the description got me interested haha

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
while I'd like better to have a villain from this series (Porky or Masked Man), Ninten isn't a bad choice at all, being the protagonist from the first game. an appearence based artwork at the beginning of the OP could help differentiate him from Ness and Lucas even more than him, although his original appearence already has some differences when compared to Ness.

borrowing elements from the commercial isn't a bad idea either, as is has been done before with C. Falcon's black costume being based on his appearence in an F-Zero X commercial and the appearence of the Pikmin songs Ai no Uta (both Japanese and French versions) and Tane no Uta.

grizby2

Smash Lord
id love to see ninten in mordern graphics!

yeah, ninten would complete the who representation of the mother franchise. totally!

while a bad guy would be nice, its hard to imagine one being playable since one is eternally trapped inside a ball (porkey) and the other kinda... died (claus/MM). we dont even know if "dying" in a game makes a character invalid. >.>
[also, if MM doesn't die at the end of mother 3, he'd just be regular good 'ol claus again]

all of my stupid fanboy issues aside, i think ninten would be the obvious choice. i'd like to make a moveset for ninten thats true to his actual move list in his game.

FZ64

Smash Journeyman
id love to see ninten in mordern graphics!

yeah, ninten would complete the who representation of the mother franchise. totally!

while a bad guy would be nice, its hard to imagine one being playable since one is eternally trapped inside a ball (porkey) and the other kinda... died (claus/MM). we dont even know if "dying" in a game makes a character invalid. >.>
[also, if MM doesn't die at the end of mother 3, he'd just be regular good 'ol claus again]

all of my stupid fanboy issues aside, i think ninten would be the obvious choice. i'd like to make a moveset for ninten thats true to his actual move list in his game.
Porky was a boss in SSBB:awesome: and regular good 'ol claus w/ a beam sword and a arm canon :p

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I really do like the artwork in the first post. Although I'd rather him just be an alternate costume. I don't think having a rep from every game is all that important. (They haven't done a rep for every pokemon gen...nor do I think they will or should in ssb4)

I think having a character who isn't so similar (in looks and skills...yeah they could make him fight different) than the characters we already have would be better for the series and rep the series better. Since Earthbound is rare and expensive, and mother 3 has no official release it would give non fans a chance to see some ...different types of characters.

I personally would rather see Kumatora, I love her design, she's a girl, can use psi, and she wears gloves for hand to hand combat. (so basically a tomboy paula combined with poo) Combine the two and we have pretty magical punches....or jubilee from xmen.

Although Masked man (kinda tied with kumatora for me), Duster (not sure if they'd pick him since he limps and that might not translate well in a 3d model in a fighting game), porky, or jeff would be good too.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
I really do like the artwork in the first post. Although I'd rather him just be an alternate costume. I don't think having a rep from every game is all that important. (They haven't done a rep for every pokemon gen...nor do I think they will or should in ssb4)

I think having a character who isn't so similar (in looks and skills...yeah they could make him fight different) than the characters we already have would be better for the series and rep the series better. Since Earthbound is rare and expensive, and mother 3 has no official release it would give non fans a chance to see some ...different types of characters.

I personally would rather see Kumatora, I love her design, she's a girl, can use psi, and she wears gloves for hand to hand combat. (so basically a tomboy paula combined with poo) Combine the two and we have pretty magical punches....or jubilee from xmen.

Although Masked man (kinda tied with kumatora for me), Duster (not sure if they'd pick him since he limps and that might not translate well in a 3d model in a fighting game), porky, or jeff would be good too.
There are only three Mother games. Having the primary character from all three games isn’t as convoluted or unnecessary as representing every Pokémon generation, especially if there was going to be only three Mother characters. We don’t need to represent all five generations because there are so many popular Pokémon from each one, some of which are more liked than other generations. Mother isn’t like that because there aren’t as many Mother characters as there are Pokémon.

How do you know Kumatora’s moveset won’t be similar to Lucas besides her hand-to-hand combat and the fact that she's a girl? His initial Special moveset and Final Smash are already taken from her. That might be a problem with adding characters like Paula and Poo as well. Ness is already using most of their PSI attacks, except for PK Flash which was his original attack. Yes they all look different, but that doesn’t guarantee that their Special movesets will be different from Ness or Lucas.

grizby2

Smash Lord
i knida like the idea of Duster from mother 3. he can be a thief-like kicking charcter~ no psi at all.
plus, gotta love that Gimp leg of his.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I think Ninten would be better as an alt costume for Ness, like how Lucas had Claus. If we get another Mother rep, feel the best choice would be adding a villan like Porky (Mother 2 heavily armed porky). He would be a mech fighter, something that ssb doesn't have yet that would add more variety and avoid adding another potential clone/semi clone character. His size wouldn't be a problem due to the fact that majority/if not the whole roster's size isn't accurate at all. Plus it wouldn't be bad to add another heavy and villan character to the roster.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
I think Ninten would be better as an alt costume for Ness, like how Lucas had Claus. If we get another Mother rep, feel the best choice would be adding a villan like Porky (Mother 2 heavily armed porky). He would be a mech fighter, something that ssb doesn't have yet that would add more variety and avoid adding another potential clone/semi clone character. His size wouldn't be a problem due to the fact that majority/if not the whole roster's size isn't accurate at all. Plus it wouldn't be bad to add another heavy and villan character to the roster.
Just because Ninten is another PSI user, doesn’t necessarily mean he will potentially be a clone or semi-clone. There is no assurance that it will happen if he does make it in the roster.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Just because Ninten is another PSI user, doesn’t necessarily mean he will potentially be a clone or semi-clone. There is no assurance that it will happen if he does make it in the roster.
Could you explain why he doesn't have potential to be a clone or semi clone? I'm not saying it will happen just because he's a PSI user, but that since he IS one like Lucas there's the chance it could happen (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Could you explain why he doesn't have potential to be a clone or semi clone? I'm not saying it will happen just because he's a PSI user, but that since he IS one like Lucas there's the chance it could happen (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).
You're misreading what he said; he meant that while it's not impossible for Ninten to be a clone, it's not a guaruntee either.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
You're misreading what he said; he meant that while it's not impossible for Ninten to be a clone, it's not a guaruntee either.
Oh okay. I did misread what he was saying. :l

D

Deleted member

Judging by how characters moves were given, I'm just going to give a list for all three on what is possible, starting with the moves used in Brawl.

1. PK Flash
Ninten: Cannot use it; it does not appear in Mother at all.
Ness: Can use it; an attack he himself uses in Earthbound.
Lucas; Can use it; an attack he himself uses in Mother 3.

2. PK Fire
Ninten: Can use it; Ana uses it in Mother.
Ness: Can use it; Paula uses it in Earthbound.
Lucas: Can use it; Kumatora uses it in Mother 3.

3. PK Thunder
Ness: Can use it; both Paula and Poo use it in Earthbound.

4. PSI Magnet

5. PK Freeze

6. PK Starstorm
Ness: Can use it; Poo uses it in Earthbound.

So judging by this, we know right off the bat Ninten would need something else as a Final Smash, and cannot use PK Flash like Ness either. He could however, use PK Freeze like Lucas does, which is quite ironic, as Lucas can use PK Flash and it's one of the only offensive PSI he can use (like Ness), but instead uses a move that he cannot do in his game.

Now for other moves:

7. PK Beam
Ness: Cannot use it; it does not appear in Earthbound at all.
Lucas: Cannot use it; it does not appear in Mother 3 at all.

8. PK Ground

9. PSI Rockin

10. PK Love
Lucas: Can use it; an attack he himself uses in Mother 3.

Now before I get to non-damaging PSI at a later time, take a look.
There are moves other characters can't use.
PK Bean would be exclusive to Ninten, so that could serve as either his replacement of PK Flash or PK Starstorm.
PK Ground would be exclusive to Lucas, so it could theoretically replace a move of his in an effort to "de-clone" him.
PSI Rockin and PK Love are powerful attacks exclusive to Ness and Lucas respectively. They COULD replace PK Starstorm to give them each their own powerful attack, though it may not be that likely.

Thoughts so far?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think it would be interesting if, with Ninten OR Ness, they decided to suddenly be faithful to the games and make him a character with specials based on healing and status buffs.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
Judging by how characters moves were given, I'm just going to give a list for all three on what is possible, starting with the moves used in Brawl.

1. PK Flash
Lucas; Can use it; an attack he himself uses in Mother 3.

2. PK Fire
Ness: Can use it; Paula uses it in Earthbound.

3. PK Thunder

4. PSI Magnet

5. PK Freeze

6. PK Starstorm
Ness: Can use it; Poo uses it in Earthbound.

So judging by this, we know right off the bat Ninten would need something else as a Final Smash, and cannot use PK Flash like Ness either. He could however, use PK Freeze like Lucas does, which is quite ironic, as Lucas can use PK Flash and it's one of the only offensive PSI he can use (like Ness), but instead uses a move that he cannot do in his game.

Now for other moves:

7. PK Beam

8. PK Ground

9. PSI Rockin

10. PK Love
Lucas: Can use it; an attack he himself uses in Mother 3.

Now before I get to non-damaging PSI at a later time, take a look.
There are moves other characters can't use.
PK Bean would be exclusive to Ninten, so that could serve as either his replacement of PK Flash or PK Starstorm.
PK Ground would be exclusive to Lucas, so it could theoretically replace a move of his in an effort to "de-clone" him.
PSI Rockin and PK Love are powerful attacks exclusive to Ness and Lucas respectively. They COULD replace PK Starstorm to give them each their own powerful attack, though it may not be that likely.

Thoughts so far?
I wrote down a moveset and a Final Smash for Ninten in my OP, except I made sure he had none of the same moves as Ness and Lucas. I would prefer him not to be a clone (or at least not completely), but that’s just a personal preference.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
There are only three Mother games. Having the primary character from all three games isn’t as convoluted or unnecessary as representing every Pokémon generation, especially if there was going to be only three Mother characters. We don’t need to represent all five generations because there are so many popular Pokémon from each one, some of which are more liked than other generations. Mother isn’t like that because there aren’t as many Mother characters as there are Pokémon.
Having the main protagonist from all three games is a boring choice to me. Although I do agree that there is no point in bringing in a rep for each gen of pokemon since there are a lot of popular choices still available. Also still don't see the point of making ninten a character just to finish the protagonist trio. Still better characters to pick from, imo.

How do you know Kumatora’s moveset won’t be similar to Lucas besides her hand-to-hand combat and the fact that she's a girl? His initial Special moveset and Final Smash are already taken from her. That might be a problem with adding characters like Paula and Poo as well. Ness is already using most of their PSI attacks, except for PK Flash which was his original attack. Yes they all look different, but that doesn’t guarantee that their Special movesets will be different from Ness or Lucas.
How do you know Ninten's moveset wont be similar? Also I never said that being a girl had anything to do with her moveset....no idea why you even made that a point. I was referring to the roster. It would be nice to have a character from the series that isn't the same height and couldn't fall into an alternate costume situation so easily, being a girl is just a bonus.

The fact her moveset could combine psi and hand to hand combat, has more potential to me. Instead of using yet more projectile psi, have a fire/ice/thunder punches ect. She could also easily have any moveset you can bring up for ninten, since Ness and Lucas have taken moves from other characters. So I don't see how her moves and final smash being taken away is a problem.

Easy make new final smashes for Ness and Lucas. Give Lucas PK Love (how is should have been), give Ness PK Rocking (again how it should have been) and give Kumatora PK starstorm. OR have Kumatora use pk ground as her final smash, an exclusive psi move to her.

I do like the moveset you came up with, with the exception of PK Hypnosis, since jigglypuff's sleep move is so useless.

Although I think Masked Man is still the most likely new rep. With Kumatora, and porky being possible, and I doubt Jeff or Duster will happen but still have very original moveset potential.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
Having the main protagonist from all three games is a boring choice to me. Although I do agree that there is no point in bringing in a rep for each gen of pokemon since there are a lot of popular choices still available. Also still don't see the point of making ninten a character just to finish the protagonist trio. Still better characters to pick from, imo.
Solely completing the trio wasn’t the only reason why I thought he was important. It was also because he was the first hero in the first game that started the Mother series. His story was what started the chain of events that occur in the rest of the Mother games (don't forget his connection to Giygas).

How do you know Ninten's moveset wont be similar? Also I never said that being a girl had anything to do with her moveset....no idea why you even made that a point. I was referring to the roster. It would be nice to have a character from the series that isn't the same height and couldn't fall into an alternate costume situation so easily, being a girl is just a bonus.

The fact her moveset could combine psi and hand to hand combat, has more potential to me. Instead of using yet more projectile psi, have a fire/ice/thunder punches ect. She could also easily have any moveset you can bring up for ninten, since Ness and Lucas have taken moves from other characters. So I don't see how her moves and final smash being taken away is a problem.

Easy make new final smashes for Ness and Lucas. Give Lucas PK Love (how is should have been), give Ness PK Rocking (again how it should have been) and give Kumatora PK starstorm. OR have Kumatora use pk ground as her final smash, an exclusive psi move to her.

I do like the moveset you came up with, with the exception of PK Hypnosis, since jigglypuff's sleep move is so useless.

Although I think Masked Man is still the most likely new rep. With Kumatora, and porky being possible, and I doubt Jeff or Duster will happen but still have very original moveset potential.
I don’t know. No one can know besides the developers. When I wrote that moveset I was only trying to prove how it was possible to make Ninten's moveset more original. There’s no guarantee that it will or won’t happen. The same goes with the rest of the PSI users.

I wasn’t trying to say that Kumatora was a bad choice, just that it might be difficult to come up with a moveset that is different from Lucas when he is already using her attacks, except for PK Ground which could still work for her. The punch attacks that you mentioned would also be fine, if they could make it work. It was because you mentioned that she’s a girl and having a character who wasn’t similar with appearance why I brought it up. I apologize if I misread it but I was trying to say that even though she has a unique design, there is still a possibility that her moveset would be similar to Lucas.

But yes, I do agree that Ness’s Final Smash should be replaced with PK Rockin.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
He should be able to use the plastic bat that his Grandfather gave him for nostalgia reasons. Or the Thompson's Bat (though it may be too overpowered).

grizby2

Smash Lord
He should be able to use the plastic bat that his Grandfather gave him for nostalgia reasons. Or the Thompson's Bat (though it may be too overpowered).
isn't Hank's Bat his best bat?
and why would it be overpowered? marth uses falchion, ike uses Alondite, link uses the Master sword.
those are legendary weapons yes, but they gave them those swords because they tie in with their character. it didn't make them unfair or anything, ya know?

but as far as a bat for ninten goes, it'll probably be a generic bat with his home town's name on it. same happened to ness, and lucas also had a generic stick (funny because lucas's best weapon was actually "Real Bat" lol..... im serious.)

CAB77

Smash Rookie
I would rather see The Masked Man (Claus), personally. I think The Masked Man would have a pretty gnarly moveset.

Earthbound is sort of a retelling of Mother I. There are canonical differences but the setup is basically the exact same. Including both Ninten and Ness is over-representing Mother I & II because of their closeness. Plus, Earthbound is obscure enough on its own. I feel that Mother 3 could do for a second rep, mainly in that it contains a widely different story than Mother I and Earthbound, even though it's based in the same universe and upon the same structure.

I am also attracted to the concept of The Masked Man because he would make for a unique villain; one that isn't a heavy hardhitter. So far all of the villains have been big and lumberous (with the exception of Star Wolf, who's still not the fastest). A villain with the mobility of Lucas and the offensive flexibility of a magic (well, PSI) swordsman sounds refreshingly original.

grizby2

Smash Lord
Porky was a boss in SSBB:awesome: and regular good 'ol claus w/ a beam sword and a arm canon :p
im not saying they'd be bad additions (they'd be quite neat actually), but im not holding my breath for characters that died in their own game. :/

story mode might get... AwkWaRrrRrD:awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom