• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No crying until the ending: Ninten for SSB4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizby2

Smash Lord
that would be odd to have a move with a cooldown. that's never been implemented in smash. :dizzy: has it?

(not talking about a wario waft charge up time)

Astal Nighting

Smash Rookie
that would be odd to have a move with a cooldown. that's never been implemented in smash. :dizzy: has it?

(not talking about a wario waft charge up time)
Yeah, it would be a new a mechanic. Although, the move could just have a charge time like Wario Waft and Robo Beam. For instance, the more rapidly the player uses it the shorter the time the buff last, and given time to charge it will last longer (with a limit of course).

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
How about Ninten's power, is weak on power, but can combo really well that big offense doesn't really matter. His normal attacks have better range and his PSi moves are weaker than Lucas's. That's all I got for now.

grizby2

Smash Lord
What differs from Ness and Lucas in Smash?
I think Ness is the power house, while Lucas is better at priority.
Can Ninten rely on defense?
Lucas's moves actually rack up damage a lot faster than ness's attacks do. but ness relies more on knockback and having a bit less punishment time than lucas (also, ness's Dair is one of the best spikes in the game:awesome:).

Yeah, it would be a new a mechanic. Although, the move could just have a charge time like Wario Waft and Robo Beam. For instance, the more rapidly the player uses it the shorter the time the buff last, and given time to charge it will last longer (with a limit of course).
that could work I guess, but im mostly against the idea of having moves that simply change stats in a moveset. id rather give them a REAL move. a buff could work, but i'd only give him ONE buff.

the way I see it, his specials should be..

B = life-up (slowly heal and the inability to move, can heal teammates standing next to him), OR a Buff, preferably Defense up, which would make him harder to knock back.
Up-B = 4th dimensional slip, acting as a relatively fast teleport, possibly having a hitbox upon start-up like sheik's.
Down-B = Psi shield OR power shield (acts like a counter)
Side B = brainshock [a move he would learn from Ana], a VERY slow moving projectile (could act like mewtwos confusion or just put them in hitstun when touched, allowing for follow-ups/combos/set-ups)

I think those add some flavor to Ninten, and would definitely set him apart from both Ness and Lucas.

Astal Nighting

Smash Rookie
The point of coming up with the random buff generator was to offer something unheard of (so far) to the roster and it makes Ninten very dynamic. Having a flat out damage, defense, or speed buff could be quite effective if used appropriately and could look pretty cool given the right animations. And your move list is nice, but the only thing it offers new is life up. Plus Brainshock is a telepathic PSI, not telekinetic; so it acting like Mewtwo's confusion would be weird.

The way I see it:
  • {Neutral B} Random Stat Buff (can't think of a good name) -- Ninten gains a significant stat boost in his speed, defense, or offense for a short period of time. Has a charge time.
  • {Foward B} Brainscyclone -- Anyone in front of Ninten (short range) gets dizziness or begins damage themselves when attacking.
  • {Up B} Dimesional Warp -- Ninten warps the dimesional barriers around him to teleport a short distance and causes anything around him to be teleported as well. AND/OR If Ninten lands on someone they are sent to his previous location.
  • {Down B} LifeUp -- Ninten begins to slowly heal himself, but is incapable of any other action while doing so.

grizby2

Smash Lord
The point of coming up with the random buff generator was to offer something unheard of (so far) to the roster and it makes Ninten very dynamic. Having a flat out damage, defense, or speed buff could be quite effective if used appropriately and could look pretty cool given the right animations. And your move list is nice, but the only thing it offers new is life up. Plus Brainshock is a telepathic PSI, not telekinetic; so it acting Mewtwo's confusion would be weird.

The way I see it:
  • {Neutral B} Random Stat Buff (can't think of a good name) -- Ninten gains a significant stat boost in his speed, defense, or offense for a short period of time. Has a charge time.
  • {Foward B} Brainscyclone -- Anyone in front of Ninten (short range) to gets dizziness or begins damage themselves when attacking.
  • {Up B} Dimesional Warp -- Ninten warps the dimesional barriers around him to teleport a short distance and causes anything around him to be teleported as well. AND/OR If Ninten lands on someone the sent to his previous location.
  • {Down B} LifeUp -- Ninten begins to slowly heal himself, but is incapable of any other action while do so.
its kinda of difficult to put in an actual "confused" status in a game like this. its either not good, or extremely OP. it has to be balanced correctly. so what do you mean by "damaging themselves"? are they actually getting knocked back by their own attack or just applying the damage % to themselves? is it a set amount of damage or is It the same amount that the move they used would have done?
dizziness can also be something that's hard to do. if its too easy to perform, then Ninten would probably have his way with fully charged smashes too often. mewttwo's disable made sense because it had an ok amount of punishment time and you had to be close(with them facing you), so it rewards you for your good timing. ya know what I mean?

I think its safe to say that most of us here agree that dimentional warp can be a good recovery move for him.
I like the idea of the random buff generator because, as you said, it would add something we haven't seen yet, but when you say "significant" stat boost, how significant are we talking about here, in terms of damage/speed/defense?

Astal Nighting

Smash Rookie
its kinda of difficult to put in an actual "confused" status in a game like this. its either not good, or extremely OP. it has to be balanced correctly. so what do you mean by "damaging themselves"? are they actually getting knocked back by their own attack or just applying the damage % to themselves? is it a set amount of damage or is It the same amount that the move they used would have done?
dizziness can also be something that's hard to do. if its too easy to perform, then Ninten would probably have his way with fully charged smashes too often. mewttwo's disable made sense because it had an ok amount of punishment time and you had to be close(with them facing you), so it rewards you for your good timing. ya know what I mean?

I think its safe to say that most of us here agree that dimentional warp can be a good recovery move for him.
I like the idea of the random buff generator because, as you said, it would add something we haven't seen yet, but when you say "significant" stat boost, how significant are we talking about here, in terms of damage/speed/defense?

Braincylone's "confused" effect would pertain to just damage % application once the target performs a move (A or B) and the damage % could be a predetermined amount no matter the move used. Getting knockback would pretty overpowered, imo. And I see what you mean with Mewtwo's disable ( i forgot about it tbh lol). Maybe the stun effect for Brainshock could work similarly, but with a longer range and shorter stun. And the "significant" just means that it is noticeable, actually percentages I can not give.

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
Found this Ninten design.Compare to ness. Not too similar.
Personally, I feel ninten would be more of a flashy, confident character. Being around PSI(his uncle) for most of his life makes it feel normal to him. He'd be more powerful with his PSI, and as strong as ness physically.

grizby2

Smash Lord
Found this Ninten design.Compare to ness. Not too similar.
Personally, I feel ninten would be more of a flashy, confident character. Being around PSI(his uncle) for most of his life makes it feel normal to him. He'd be more powerful with his PSI, and as strong as ness physically.
that model of ninten looks pretty awesome

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The pose seems to based on Lucas' Brawl artwork, which probably is the case.

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
I'm a big supporter of Ninten and Krystal right now, let's see if we can't do what is in progress(sorta) in her forum, let's make an indisputable moveset.
Obviously his Up-b will be 4-D warp. but everything else can be anything
Also, his grab animations should be awesome! like...
U-throw: Spins opponent a bit, dealing some damage, slams them on the ground, lets them bounce back up, and launches with the power of a catapult!
F-throw: Pushes foe forward, pulls him back, and spins him beside, behind, above, and finally launches at a mainly horizontal, but slightly downwards angle.
D-throw: Stands foe up, locks him in a PSI prison, Jumps above and shoots down with finger pistols, after 12 shots(like a revolver) he stops,breaks the sheild, and pulls them up and over his head.
B-throw: puts foe in front of him, spins them in a circle, damaging them, jumps up and directs them behind him, shooting them as they go beneath

Also, in the "Ninten looks too similar to Ness" argument. My stance is this. So? You ever heard of dittos?2 characters who are the exact same play eachother.

grizby2

Smash Lord
I'm a big supporter of Ninten and Krystal right now, let's see if we can't do what is in progress(sorta) in her forum, let's make an indisputable moveset.
Obviously his Up-b will be 4-D warp. but everything else can be anything
Also, his grab animations should be awesome! like...
U-throw: Spins opponent a bit, dealing some damage, slams them on the ground, lets them bounce back up, and launches with the power of a catapult!
F-throw: Pushes foe forward, pulls him back, and spins him beside, behind, above, and finally launches at a mainly horizontal, but slightly downwards angle.
D-throw: Stands foe up, locks him in a PSI prison, Jumps above and shoots down with finger pistols, after 12 shots(like a revolver) he stops,breaks the sheild, and pulls them up and over his head.
B-throw: puts foe in front of him, spins them in a circle, damaging them, jumps up and directs them behind him, shooting them as they go beneath

Also, in the "Ninten looks too similar to Ness" argument. My stance is this. So? You ever heard of dittos?2 characters who are the exact same play eachother.
those throws, despite sounding badass, sound waaaay too long to perform. :eek:

i still believe his D-throw should be an ermac-styled tele slam. only hitting once, and sending them upwards of course.
also, ness already shoots fire at the enemy with his fingers like pistols for a D-throw. :x

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
those throws, despite sounding badass, sound waaaay too long to perform. :eek:

i still believe his D-throw should be an ermac-styled tele slam. only hitting once, and sending them upwards of course.
also, ness already shoots fire at the enemy with his fingers like pistols for a D-throw. :x
Okay, you got me on the ness D-throw thing, but I'm making those that long for a better mental image. They'd be pretty quick.
Made a MSpaint picture of the up throw. How do I get it here again?

grizby2

Smash Lord
I worked for hours on this! How do I get it here?
you can upload it somewhere, like.. idk, deviant art I guess. then get the url of the picture and use the "insert" image tool.

off topic: my artwork~ im getting someone I know to put it on a shirt :grin:

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
*Reads through entire forum*
Hm... I know it's been over a month since someone commented, but this is a really good idea.
My thoughts on this are more in favor of Ninten than any other Mo/EB cast for an additional representation. It appears I must explain why I support him more than Claus/MM, Kumatora and Porky, as they all seem to also have been favored here. Lets start with why no before yes, shall we?
-WARNING: COMMENT HOLDS MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR MOTHER/EARTHBOUND GAMES-​

Claus/MM:
Although this character does have a large assortment of skills and potential as a fighter, his place is really neutral in the whole mess of Mother 3 (as mentioned "Porky's robot" after discovering MM is Claus) and in truth was never being a villain by any intent. For a better example; How many mindless robot enemies from any of the represented game franchises are considered a villain? If anything, they have no will-therefore their actions cannot be accounted for they themselves and instead is blamed on the creator. Eggman/Robotnic from the Sonic series is a perfect example of this. If this is the case (which it is) then at truth Claus/MM was never really a villain, but rather a "puppet" of Porky's that got in your way. In addition, when Claus finally regained his senses, rather than continuing along with his evil actions (like Porky did), he struck himself down to stop himself. Claus wasn't a villain and MM was just a tool like any of Eggman/Robotnics. Unless you have plans for putting some support of those in under the idea that all robots made by Eggman/Robotnic are villains, this argument is invalid for the point that Claus himself was not a villain of any kind (well, other than breaking the law by getting his dad the tool to break out of prison anyway).
On top of that, Claus was intentionally created to be a clone of Lucas (with the exception being hair). Heck, even his NAME gives that away
C L A U S
L U C A S
It's an anagram, and it's not like it's the first time it's been used in games (Sora + x = Roxas anyone?) It seems more logical that he just be another texture to Lucas because their physical similarities, plus the physic story behind MM himself also renders the question of will it be like Pokémon Trainer because MM is throughout Mother 3 just Porky's robot. Don't get me wrong, it does seem like a really cool idea and I really do like Claus (if my icon didn't already give it away), it just the character has so many bumps when you think deeply about it that it seems like to much hassle without much rewards. It also wouldn't help the original Mother which is sadly the least known of the 3 despite being the game that started the entire franchise. He would bring no new areas to the table that Lucas already could've done just by being present in the roster (which he currently is) and 40%, if not most of his move set would have to be made from scratch (I say this based on his attacks and actions in Mother 3 and the fact that his moves could easily be borrowed from Samus, Marth, Lucas and R.O.B). To make this character would be an endeavor within itself and using the justification that he's badass (which is true) or a villain (arguably not, as mentioned above) alone can't defend him. Plus it's literally a requirement to make him OP over the other players. What, with him able to K.O your entire party in one hit (final smash?), quick long range one-handed sword (likely reflect eff like Lucas's stick and Ness's bat), Samus-like arm cannon, PSI powers and a jetpack to fly with (making a superior up-b attack comparing to Ness and Lucas) just for starters. Let's also not forget he'd have to be either in heavy class or close to it with all of his equipment weight also having to be added onto his normal weight which, for the sake of argument, would be the same as Lucas's weight.
In a nutshell, Claus would just be a heavier, more powerful version look alike of Lucas, ultimately demonizing Lucas for everything but the rope snake grab which can already be outdone by other characters already in Project M.
Porky:
This suggestion within itself boggles the mind. The question on how to put a 10,000 year old ****** Snorlax-Eggman hybrid really is the first problem that comes to mind. The next would be how would his machine actually fight? It would clearly be the heaviest class character in the entire roster, making it have horrid jumps and recovery. It also being the largest cast by far would also hold a major disadvantage for evasion, or even fighting in general. I still can't figure out how it would properly ledge grab, but then again, Krab dun it in Code Lyoko with a car tied to it and it's claws and legs are surprisingly similar to Porky's machine so I'll give that one the benefit of a doubt. The next would be trade offs then. If it can't move well, is large and is horrible jumps and horrible evasion, what would it get in return?
I'd imagine 2 things. 1: Massive powerhouse. 2: Non flyer/hard launch
Those alone would make Porky so unbelievably broken he wouldn't be worth putting him in because he'd either turn out so powerful he could take out more than his share of stocks before taking enough damage himself to get lifted by contact or b, his moves would have to be slothy, making him a useless character. I can't fathom Porky as a playable character per say, simply because of how he fights and the logistics of weight speed and power class. However, I do think it would be nice to fight him, as done in brawl :)
To validate his presence as a main brawler simply because he was a villain doesn't justify the end results either. Ganadorf, Wario, Bowser, they all had massive potential as brawlers. With Porky however...
Kumatora:
I have to admit, this one was a very difficult one to disagree with. Kumatora does bring in a lot of options as a massive PSI user with PK Ground and Starstorm, not to mention Fire, Thunder and Freeze too. However in the end I have to say no. Thinking about it, she would sort of be a cross of Lucas and Ness (move set wise) because she'd just be using mostly PSI moves, correct? Well, if they received their PSI because of their PSI using partners in their games of origin, then Kumatora would be mainly using moves that either Ness or Lucas already use. She doesn't hold as much unique potential for attacks as Porky or Claus do, but that's not to say she doesn't hold any at all. A fusion of PK Thunder, Freeze, Fire, Starstorm and Ground makes her sound like quite a ferocious opponent, plus her PSI attacks would obviously be massive on the damage at the cost of her physical strikes, and perhaps her grab damage? It seems very possible to make a balanced Kumatora character in a Smash Bro's game.
In this case I say no to her ONLY because of the idea that only 1 and 1 alone will/could possibly be added to the roster. If 2 were acceptable, Kumatora would easily be my 2nd choice.

Why I chose Ninten is because he holds even more unique attack potential while still being balanced, as well as being representative of the first Mother game that started the franchise. Allow me to explain.
Ninten is/would be the PSI user with no offensive PSI (well, unless you count Beam, and that can be seen as a potential final smash rather than basic attack). Ninten also lacks Ness's backpack and is smaller than Ness (speculation based on Ninten [12] being younger than Ness[13] and Lucas[13]), meaning he should also be lighter. I believe Ninten should be more of a hit-and-run character like Sonic while still using moves familiar with his game of origin. As Lucas got offense up with b, Ninten deserves speed up with b (temporarily raises speed until you get hit). His up-b teleport style is also unique not only to him, but also to the series of Smash Bro's, and the concept of a heavily offense based PSI user that will run up and combo the stock right out of you seems fitting to compete with other heavy combo brawlers while also making him completely unique from the other 2. His grab (as mentioned he is smaller than Ness) would probably have to be a yo-yo (similar to Lucas's rope snake), otherwise he's going to have the worst grab in the entire roster. Then again, his fighting style wouldn't really required to throw with grab. There's a lot of fan art for outfit designs, he has a large potential for unique taunts/cheers (inhaler being just one of them), plus his design isn't to extreme of a difference from Ness's, already granting the team a base body to start with if starting from scratch is not desired.
Ninten holds a larger potential than the other 3 and represents a far under represented game in a desperately needed to be revived series that needs both more diversity and reps in Smash Bros. His move set would be completely unique to himself and would be completely solidified by himself as his own character in Mo1/EB0.
Besides, how could you say no to this penguin loving face?

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Many people say Ness and Ninten would be really similiar, but I made a moveset for ALL the main PK users (Ninten, Ana, Ness, Paula, Poo, Lucas and Kumatora) being limited only to moves they actually learn and no one is a clone of other. Here is Ninten's:

Ninten

Special - QuickUp

Ninten raises both its running speed and attack speed, at the cost of bigger tripping chance. It could have been used on allies, so on team battles it may be used on them if Ninten touches his ally while performing the move. (But will only affect his partner)

Side Special - 4th-D Slip

Ninten runs very fast and continues running if special is held. It works as if Ninten is constantly dodging, so he cant be hit. However, if being used for too many time, Ninten will start to take damage and fall on his "dead" stance (the one when you are hit by a strong attack and lays on ground) or become helpless if used in the air.

Up Special - Teleport

Ninten runs and then reappears on another location, coming out from a portal. He leaves a trail of fire that damages enemies if used in the ground. In the air, he can run in any direction, not only forwards, but becomes helpless after using it.

Down Special - PowerShield

Ninten casts an invisible shield around him for a small amount of time (around 10 seconds). Instead of reflecting projectiles, it reflects physical attacks. Its sort of a limited time counter.

Final Smash - Eight Melodies

Ninten sings the eight melodies, doing heavy damage (around 100%) to all enemies (even if they are shielding / dodging), and lefting them on their death animation.

grizby2

Smash Lord
Many people say Ness and Ninten would be really similiar, but I made a moveset for ALL the main PK users (Ninten, Ana, Ness, Paula, Poo, Lucas and Kumatora) being limited only to moves they actually learn and no one is a clone of other. Here is Ninten's:

Ninten

Special - QuickUp

Ninten raises both its running speed and attack speed, at the cost of bigger tripping chance..

self-tripping has been taken out of the next game though, and im pretty sure no one wants that back. :ohwell:

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I am supportive of Ninten 100%! Either way, Ninten or Porky would both be great, because Porky is the one who connects Ness and Lucas' worlds. And if Ninten was in, then it would be fully repped. Either way, we get a lot of pros. So, add me to the supporter list please! :bee:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Aw yes a Ninten Thread, Now I can pose this full moveset I made years ago

http://dustypumpkin.tumblr.com/post/53954160007/i-have-been-waiting-my-whole-life-for-this-moment

Normal Special: PSI Brainshock- Similar to PK Flash and Freeze. It has slow horizontal movement, like PK Flash, but moves from top to bottom quickly. When the opponent is hit, he is sent upward a decent distance, enough for combo setups and is given a poison flower on his/her head. The flower lasts longer depending on the charge. Ninten will yell “Brainshock” when he does this move.

Up Special: 4th D Slip- Ninten teleports up in the air to recover or move around the stage (same as Mewtwo’s teleport from SSBM only a small glowing box of PSI surrounds him). If performed in the air, he will perform a SuperMan like flying pose, disappear and than reappear. When he re-enters in the air, he appears arms outstreched in his direction. When he re-enters on the ground, he performs a flashy pose, legs and arms outstretched, looking down and away than quickly returns to his normal stance.

Side Special: PK Beam- Ninten yells “PK Beam” and shoots a small lazer beam out of his eyes (similar to ROB’s lazer except it has limited range, and it doesn’t travel through enemies).

Down Special: PSI Hypnosis- Ninten quietly says “Hypnosis” causing colorful hypno circles to flutter around him (the hypno circles look similar to the ones in Earthbound). Enemies caught in this will fall asleep. The amount of time they remain asleep depends on their damage level and how close they were to Ninten when he hypnotized them.

Final Smash: EIGHT MELODIES- Ana and Loid teleport onto the stage and start singing the 8 melodies with Ninten. Ninten sings the first few words before running off to rejoin the fight. During the song, all Ninten’s Enemies will remain asleep with large flowers on their heads, untill Ana and Loid finish the song.

Alt Smash: EVE - The Robot Eve rises from the background Smash down on the stage, Firing Lasers and whatnot.

A – Does a quick bunt with his bat.
A Combo – Follows the Bunt with a kick.
Forward Tilt -Swings his bat with one hand horizontally.
Down Tilt – Holding his bat horizontally with both hands, pushes it out and back. Causes the opponent to trip.
Up Tilt – Flips upside down and does a kick with both feet, there are lots of PSI sparks.
Forward Smash – Uses PSI to swing his bat for him. The damage when performed normally is not great, but it quickly grows expotentially when charged. When fully charged, it’s damage and knockback is stronger than Lucas’s Up Smash. Requires at least 1 second of charging to deal any dangerous damage.
Down Smash – Does a BreakDance, similar to Luigi’s Down Smash, except a spark of PSI bursts at the bottom of his foot on his left and right side. The burst of PSI does more damage and knockback than his general person does.
Up Smash – Pulls out the Slingshot from his back pocket and shoots it up. It shoots a concentrated mass of PSI a short distance up for it explodes, similar to PK Flash. (simmilar to Snake’s morter UpSmash)
Airials…
Up Air- Does a headbut like Ness’s up air, only with lots of PSI sparks
Neutral Air – Forces his legs out. A sex kick, like Luigi’s and Mario’s.
Forward Air – Fans out his legs and forcefully swing his bat straight down with both hands. Slow, and a Meteor Smash.
Back Air – Twists a bit and swipes horizontally with his bat behind him.
Down Air – Ninten flip upside down, holds his hand and points down. His finger generates a quick burst of PSI that sends the opponent up. Moderately strong, but not great knockback. Good for sending the opponent a fair distance up as a set up for combos.
Grabs and Throws…
Grab-Same as Ness’s from SSBM
Down throw- Phycokeneticly slams victom into the ground
Forward throw- Sends victom flying with bat
Back throw- Phycokeneticly throws victom
Up throw- Kicks victom up in the air

Other…
Taunts…
Up Taunt – Sneezes, a reference to how Ninten could catch a cold in Mother from Sick NPCs. If Ninten does this close to an enemy, they will recive a small poison flower on their head.
Side taunt- *Running on spot then jumps yelling* “Go For it!”.
Down Taunt – Asthma. Ninten starts Gasping and Wheezing but then quickley grabs an inhaler from his pocket and breathes in.(In about 2 minutes Ninten starts suffering from Asthma making him slower & Weaker use this taunt to cure it. If this taunt is used when Ninten isn’t suffering from asthma, he will simply shake his head and put it away to let the player know he does not need it yet)

Waiting…..
Pulls a funny face
Brushes down his shirt
Hands on knees panting heavily(When he’s suffering from asthma)
On screen apearence…
Teleport’s onto the stage with PSI teleport. After his re-entry, he trips and falls before comming to a stop. He shakes the soot of his head before standing up and getting ready to fight.

Victory Poses…
Shoots sparks of PSI out of his eyes before entering a flashy pose.
Jumps up and down chearing for himself before entering a pose similar to his clay model pose.
Sings a few words of the 8 melodies.
Prepares to PSI Teleport, Trips, BOOM EPIC FAIL!
Losing Pose…
Claps, but faces away from the screen (a reference to the Mother’s game over screen)

Because Ness and Ninten are so similar looking the following steps are used to make it easier for players to tell the 2 apart…
Ninten’s hat has a black brim and he wear’s it on the side.(Opposite of Ness’s)
Ninten wears a red neckerchiff instead of a backpack
Ninten’s shoes are blue and his socks are red
His hair style is different from Ness’
Ninten carries his bat around all the time (as apposed to how Ness only pulls it out when he swings it)
His striped shirt has red stripes added to it, in addition to the blue and yellow
Ninten’s voice is different from Ness’ and he speaks with a central American accent (No clue what that is, this was make ages ago)
Due to Ninten being younger (he's like 12) he’s slightly shorter than Ness and Lucas which also makes him lighter and a bit more floaty

And that Ladies and Gents is my Moveset for Ninten

uwu

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Aw yes a Ninten Thread, Now I can pose this full moveset I made years ago

http://dustypumpkin.tumblr.com/post/53954160007/i-have-been-waiting-my-whole-life-for-this-moment

Normal Special: PSI Brainshock- Similar to PK Flash and Freeze. It has slow horizontal movement, like PK Flash, but moves from top to bottom quickly. When the opponent is hit, he is sent upward a decent distance, enough for combo setups and is given a poison flower on his/her head. The flower lasts longer depending on the charge. Ninten will yell “Brainshock” when he does this move.

Up Special: 4th D Slip- Ninten teleports up in the air to recover or move around the stage (same as Mewtwo’s teleport from SSBM only a small glowing box of PSI surrounds him). If performed in the air, he will perform a SuperMan like flying pose, disappear and than reappear. When he re-enters in the air, he appears arms outstreched in his direction. When he re-enters on the ground, he performs a flashy pose, legs and arms outstretched, looking down and away than quickly returns to his normal stance.

Side Special: PK Beam- Ninten yells “PK Beam” and shoots a small lazer beam out of his eyes (similar to ROB’s lazer except it has limited range, and it doesn’t travel through enemies).

Down Special: PSI Hypnosis- Ninten quietly says “Hypnosis” causing colorful hypno circles to flutter around him (the hypno circles look similar to the ones in Earthbound). Enemies caught in this will fall asleep. The amount of time they remain asleep depends on their damage level and how close they were to Ninten when he hypnotized them.

Final Smash: EIGHT MELODIES- Ana and Loid teleport onto the stage and start singing the 8 melodies with Ninten. Ninten sings the first few words before running off to rejoin the fight. During the song, all Ninten’s Enemies will remain asleep with large flowers on their heads, untill Ana and Loid finish the song.

Alt Smash: EVE - The Robot Eve rises from the background Smash down on the stage, Firing Lasers and whatnot.

A – Does a quick bunt with his bat.
A Combo – Follows the Bunt with a kick.
Forward Tilt -Swings his bat with one hand horizontally.
Down Tilt – Holding his bat horizontally with both hands, pushes it out and back. Causes the opponent to trip.
Up Tilt – Flips upside down and does a kick with both feet, there are lots of PSI sparks.
Forward Smash – Uses PSI to swing his bat for him. The damage when performed normally is not great, but it quickly grows expotentially when charged. When fully charged, it’s damage and knockback is stronger than Lucas’s Up Smash. Requires at least 1 second of charging to deal any dangerous damage.
Down Smash – Does a BreakDance, similar to Luigi’s Down Smash, except a spark of PSI bursts at the bottom of his foot on his left and right side. The burst of PSI does more damage and knockback than his general person does.
Up Smash – Pulls out the Slingshot from his back pocket and shoots it up. It shoots a concentrated mass of PSI a short distance up for it explodes, similar to PK Flash. (simmilar to Snake’s morter UpSmash)
Airials…
Up Air- Does a headbut like Ness’s up air, only with lots of PSI sparks
Neutral Air – Forces his legs out. A sex kick, like Luigi’s and Mario’s.
Forward Air – Fans out his legs and forcefully swing his bat straight down with both hands. Slow, and a Meteor Smash.
Back Air – Twists a bit and swipes horizontally with his bat behind him.
Down Air – Ninten flip upside down, holds his hand and points down. His finger generates a quick burst of PSI that sends the opponent up. Moderately strong, but not great knockback. Good for sending the opponent a fair distance up as a set up for combos.
Grabs and Throws…
Grab-Same as Ness’s from SSBM
Down throw- Phycokeneticly slams victom into the ground
Forward throw- Sends victom flying with bat
Back throw- Phycokeneticly throws victom
Up throw- Kicks victom up in the air

Other…
Taunts…
Up Taunt – Sneezes, a reference to how Ninten could catch a cold in Mother from Sick NPCs. If Ninten does this close to an enemy, they will recive a small poison flower on their head.
Side taunt- *Running on spot then jumps yelling* “Go For it!”.
Down Taunt – Asthma. Ninten starts Gasping and Wheezing but then quickley grabs an inhaler from his pocket and breathes in.(In about 2 minutes Ninten starts suffering from Asthma making him slower & Weaker use this taunt to cure it. If this taunt is used when Ninten isn’t suffering from asthma, he will simply shake his head and put it away to let the player know he does not need it yet)

Waiting…..
Pulls a funny face
Brushes down his shirt
Hands on knees panting heavily(When he’s suffering from asthma)
On screen apearence…
Teleport’s onto the stage with PSI teleport. After his re-entry, he trips and falls before comming to a stop. He shakes the soot of his head before standing up and getting ready to fight.

Victory Poses…
Shoots sparks of PSI out of his eyes before entering a flashy pose.
Jumps up and down chearing for himself before entering a pose similar to his clay model pose.
Sings a few words of the 8 melodies.
Prepares to PSI Teleport, Trips, BOOM EPIC FAIL!
Losing Pose…
Claps, but faces away from the screen (a reference to the Mother’s game over screen)

Because Ness and Ninten are so similar looking the following steps are used to make it easier for players to tell the 2 apart…
Ninten’s hat has a black brim and he wear’s it on the side.(Opposite of Ness’s)
Ninten wears a red neckerchiff instead of a backpack
Ninten’s shoes are blue and his socks are red
His hair style is different from Ness’
Ninten carries his bat around all the time (as apposed to how Ness only pulls it out when he swings it)
His striped shirt has red stripes added to it, in addition to the blue and yellow
Ninten’s voice is different from Ness’ and he speaks with a central American accent (No clue what that is, this was make ages ago)
Due to Ninten being younger (he's like 12) he’s slightly shorter than Ness and Lucas which also makes him lighter and a bit more floaty

And that Ladies and Gents is my Moveset for Ninten

uwu
Absolutely amazing moveset. This is almost exactly the way I see Ninten in Smash.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Wooo! Other people who want Ninten! He's my most wanted newcomer from the Mother franchise, but I don't usually see people mention him...

And if we can't have him, then we can always have Travis from the Mother 4 fangame, right? :D

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Wooo! Other people who want Ninten! He's my most wanted newcomer from the Mother franchise, but I don't usually see people mention him...

And if we can't have him, then we can always have Travis from the Mother 4 fangame, right? :D
Speaking of which, that game looks amazing. Although I don't really know what to think about it in the end since it isn't an official Mother 4 by Itoi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom