• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Yeah, he wasn't even playing melée anymore.

Updates on the games plz. No more stream watching for me.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I don't like how the commentators are completely undermining Lee.

"I'm actually kind of hoping that M2K wins this match against Ally because M2k vs Brood would be a good match to see."

The winner of M2k vs Ally fights Lee next. -.-

Edit: M2k vs Lee Martin.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace

"I'm actually kind of hoping that M2K wins this match against Ally because M2k vs Brood would be a good match to see."

lee's never beat either one of them, that's probly why. He can def beat ally I think...he just gets nervous for some reason. M2K, it'd be a good match Lee has been slaying MK dittos a lot better than he used to so it could go either way now.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings

Edit: M2k vs Lee Martin.
I've noticed that. Lee doesn't get much respect for being one of the best brawlers in the country....

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
What's the prize money for fourth?

What's happening with m2k/brood, and then winner/dehf?

How long did m2k take after he finished melée? They can't really DQ him if he was playing...

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
He finished melee, and they said he has 3 minutes to start his brawl match. After 13 minutes it started. Thats a little unfair in my opinion.

Meanwhile........

M2K lost. There is a god. Hell has frozen over.

Did japan really come over just to beat M2K? Or they have to be ahead of the U.S. in this fighting game too?

-Ran

Smash Master
well guys its been a while since ive posted on these forums. but ggs i was the ICs if you couldnt tell. not bad for not playing the game in forever. Don't really know any of you new people that post now, cept i saw nikz0r still posts.

I must say is brawl really all about camping and running away now? thats the first time ive ever seen a metaknight run away from ICs lol but hey I can't catch u so why not? GGs to everyone i played
We have monthly tournaments at Dibbz now. The last Saturday of every month if you want to play with us again. In terms of the match up, most players that have the lead don't want to approach unless they really feel they can steam roll their opponent. Ice Climbers as a character tend to encourage this even more, since they have the dynamic of one grab = kill. Even though only a few players in the world can consistently do it, most people are too afraid and act as if every Ice Climbers is a true pro.

ChKn

Smash Ace
266 peeps = $3,990 in the pot.

Vegeta: We also have tournaments in Lafayette. Check the first post of this thread.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
2-1 dehf. broods bringin it back.

edit: jk. dehf wins. that was awesome, though.

-Ran

Smash Master
I want to put a list of people's specialties academically speaking on the first page, to provide a study aid for many of our young smashers. We have a lot of talented people that are in our community, that I'm sure wouldn't mind to help out our n00bs with education their college match up experience.

Ran -> English.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Everything. I'm a genius no lie. Make straight a's and doesn't afraid of anything.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I want to put a list of people's specialties academically speaking on the first page, to provide a study aid for many of our young smashers. We have a lot of talented people that are in our community, that I'm sure wouldn't mind to help out our n00bs with education their college match up experience.

Ran -> English.
Objection!

I am the grammar nazi.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
*** Olimar, am I right?

I just think the Japanese had a different kind aggressive playstyle that most U.S. players had no idea existed. Even so, as Lee exposed Rain at the end of their set, they too can have set patterns. In his case, it was a dl from off the edge to either airdodge-->upsmash/attack, or sideB. It seemed like too many players were falling for those gimmicks. Now for Brood, geez, nerves of steel, doesn't afraid of everything.

EDIT: Vegta/Vegeta/Vegita12, Batto plays that campy against everybody, but as Ran said, playing against IC's makes people camp more than they usually do so that they don't get chaingrabbed. I felt kinda bad for you though, as you didn't seem like 0-death kind of guy.

vegta12

Smash Rookie
*** Olimar, am I right?

I just think the Japanese had a different kind aggressive playstyle that most U.S. players had no idea existed. Even so, as Lee exposed Rain at the end of their set, they too can have set patterns. In his case, it was a dl from off the edge to either airdodge-->upsmash/attack, or sideB. It seemed like too many players were falling for those gimmicks. Now for Brood, geez, nerves of steel, doesn't afraid of everything.

EDIT: Vegta/Vegeta/Vegita12, Batto plays that campy against everybody, but as Ran said, playing against IC's makes people camp more than they usually do so that they don't get chaingrabbed. I felt kinda bad for you though, as you didn't seem like 0-death kind of guy.
lol its ok jnig back in my good days i would be able to no problem i was just getting back into the swing of things again when i fought arcadia was it?

and boo on lee not getting top 3,he is still the best metaknight i have played against. i might be coming down there more for ssf4 so if brawl is being ran around the same time ill probably jump back into things just a 4 to 4:30 hr drive is so beastly :(

-Ran

Smash Master
As I was telling the other Shreveport guys, Dallas is a real potential place for you guys to go for tournaments as well. Being the half way point, you're able to go to Phase Tournaments run my UTD Zac every month. Their retort was that New Orleans' night-life wins out. Hahaha.

That reminds me, there was some confusion with you on how Counter Picking works in Brawl. You claimed that counter-picking was a rule that was invented in... Baton Rouge?

Official Brawl Rules
1. Opponents make their character select screen choices for the first match. *

2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure.

The stage striking order changes depending on the number of stages allowed. When reading this order, “1” is player 1 and “2” is player 2. The optimal striking orders are as follows:

• 3 Stages: 2-1
  • 5 Stages: 1-2-2-1
  • 7 Stages: 1-1-2-2-2-1
  • 9 Stages: 1-1-1-2-2-2-2-1
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set.

4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.

5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List. **

6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.

7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.

8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches.

*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match. Also, the choices made here include the character's color and whether the player will start as Samus or Zero Suit Samus, as Zelda or Sheik, or as a particular Pokemon for Pokemon Trainer.

**No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
MLG Rules
15. The loser of a Game must select the Stage for the next Game, however, Players may not select a Stage on which they have already won a Game in the Match. The Stage for Games 2-11 can be selected from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages.
16. After the Stage for Game 2-11 has been selected, the winner of the previous Game must select their Character(s), for the upcoming Game, first. The loser of the Game must then choose their Character(s) for the upcoming Game.

vegta12

Smash Rookie
hmmm yeah ran i remembered somewhat the old rules of where players would take turn banning stages 1 at a time than the first person banning 4 and second person banning 3.

i really dont remember about winners being able to switch characters also though, but i guess the mlg rules have changed quite a bit. still the only game i know where winner can switch even after winning lol

-Ran

Smash Master
i really dont remember about winners being able to switch characters also though, but i guess the mlg rules have changed quite a bit. still the only game i know where winner can switch even after winning lol
It must have been something that your city/friends did, since even during Melee's heyday it was like the current system. Not trying to call you out, just making sure everything is clear for the next time you play. ;v

vegta12

Smash Rookie
It must have been something that your city/friends did, since even during Melee's heyday it was like the current system. Not trying to call you out, just making sure everything is clear for the next time you play. ;v
haha no offense taking man. i know the set rules now so its cool.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
haha no offense taking man. i know the set rules now so its cool.
It's funny as to how you bring that up because in most of the other fighting games, only the loser can change their character the next match. I think the sole reason for this case that in Smash, not only do you have to worry about your opponent's character, but also the stage. Letting the loser have the most control over the character AND stage may be a little too lopsided in the loser's favor, AND also gives the winner of the first match that same advantage going into the last match, if it were to happen.

And the whole "banning 3, then banning 4" stages is completely MLG, and since we had to follow their ruleset for Battle of the South, we had to do it. Normally, we'd do a different stagelist with back-and-forth striking/banning.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
nice point out, pritch.

im watching the stream now, batto v vegeta, wtffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Top Bottom