• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Mercy vs The World; a Montreal tournament, Dec. 29th

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
[by the way, the tournament name was TestRider idea >_>]

Ok, smash tournament. The city : Montreal, *****es.

Dec. 29th
11139 Gariepy, Montréal-Nord
*PASSEZ PAR L'ARRIÈRE! GO IN FROM THE BACK!

Something happened. Basically the rental manager is a douche bag and he ****ed us over. So we're going to have to do this in a big basement. We don't have many chairs and tables though. I'm sorry. If you want to know more, ask me at the tournament. (It's like 5 minutes away from the previous location).

Arrival at noon, tournament starts around 1pm. Ends around 10 pm if we don't play with our balls too much.

The most fun tournament imo is crews, since a lot of you guys play together, you should make parties of 3 to 5 and try it out, people who see crews and don't participate often regret it afterwards. Just a word of advice. ^^ A lot of strategy involved, number of members, order of play, counterpicking and what not. I prefer crews of 3 personnally.

Entrance Fee:

Singles: $15 or $10 depending on number of crews/teams registrations
Teams: $20 ($10/member)
Crews: $30 ($6-$10/member)

Cost of the room : TBA ( I was told 250$)

Prizes (after the room is paid):
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10% (third will be assured a refund)

Rules:

Crews

-Double Elimination
-8 min. time limit
-No Items

-Form a crew of 3 to 5 players.
-Divide 15 stocks evenly between crew members.
(3 players, 5-5-5; 4 members, 3-4-4-4; 5 members, 3-3-3-3-3)
-On a piece of paper, write down what character each member will be using for the crew battle (imagine that as a blind pick). Also write down who will be going first. If you're a crew of 4, write down who has 3 stocks.
-First Stage is Random
-Winner carries over left over stocks for next fight. Percentage is reset at 0%.
-One player of the crew that lost the previous match steps up and picks the next stage (counterpick).

I will write an example for a typical crew battle in the second post.

Doubles:

4 Stock
8 Minute time limit
Friendly Fire On
Life Stealing Allowed
Items Off
Best 2 out of 3
Finals best 3 out of 5
Double Elimination

Singles:
4 Stock
8 Minute Time Limit
Items Off
Best 2 out of 3
Finals best 3 out of 5
Double Elimination, there will be a losers bracket
Ties will be determined by lowest percentage

Random Stages
1. Final Destination
2. Battlefield
3. Yoshi's Story
4. Fountain of Dreams
5. Dreamland 64
6. Pokemon Stadium

Banned Stages
1. Icicle Mountain
2. Flat Zone
3. Brinstar Depths
4. Fourside
5. Big Blue
6. Poke Floats
7. Hyrule Temple
8. Yoshi's Story 64
9. Termina Great Bay

Additional Stage Rules

1. First Stage is chosen at random from the levels on the random list, unless both players agree on a stage.
2. The loser of a match decides to pick the next stage or decides to go random.
The winner then decides if he wants to change characters.
After the loser decide if they will keep the same character or counterpick the winner's character.

Additional Rules
1. You are responsible for bringing your own controller.
2. Any unnecessary or abusive pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
3. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
4. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. There are no judges, but be smart.

Extra Information

WE WILL NEED TVs and Gamecubes with SSBM! People that will bring a TV will get a discount or some free crap and whatnot!

TVs:
1- Jim-JC-Cam
2- pkmvodka
3- TestRider
4- Zred
5- Jih
6- Kris
7- H4
8- Wak
9- Wak
10- cF=)
11- cF=)
12- cF=)
13-
14-
15-

GameCubes + SSBM disc
1- chesterr01
2- nox
3- sebz
4- pkmvodka
5- ChimeiOokami (Kami)
6- Zred
7- ThatGuy
8- Dylan
9- Jim-JC-Cam
10- Jih
11- AlphaAlgeroth
12- Spartikus
13- H4
14-
15-

VCRS : pkmvodka, Zred, Jim-JC-Cam
DIGITAL CAMCORDERS : Ice44

We're also going to try to tape the most of the matches, especially the good matches in the tournament.

***** YOU HAVE TO POST IN WHAT TOURNAMENTS YOU WILL BE PARTICIPATING IN!!! IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE SECOND POST THAT MEANS I WON'T KNOW YOU'LL BE COMING!!!***** If you don't post, IM on MSN or e-mail.

If you don't have a team partner or a crew, this is the time to ask for one. You can also create your own crew (ex: nosh+mickeymouse+nox... yeah that would be gangster). Also, now is the time to tell your friends about this event.

Any questions? Post here. I will put down the registrations on SWF in the post following this one.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Registered Crews:

1- No Mercy feat. pkmvodka [TestRider, chesterr01, pkmvodka]
2- Crazy Team [Zred, Opsy, Aeon]
3- Chaos Control [Hero of Nobody, Jim-JC-Cam, Baka]
4- Soul Fighters [Elvis, Jonathan, Chison]
5- RDM [Jih, Pow, Vwin, ? (Bam)]
6- [Elefterios and 3 sexy friends, ThatGuy]
7- Team Rocket [Ken, Ross, Cha]
8- Chronos' numbers [Clyf, Shun, Joe]

Registered Teams:

1- No Mercy [TestRider + chesterr01]
2- Teflon [SonyTeflon + GinoTeflon]
3- No Mercy Crushers [Noshno3 + Micky Mouse]
4- Team Horse [Elefterios + Guillaume]
5- Rip n' Chris [Chris + Rip]
6- Chet Must Die [Kris + Bisa]
7- RDM 1 [Jih + Vwin]
8- RDM 2 [Pow + ? (Bam)]
9- Resistance Is Futile [cF=){BORG} + Jarc{BORG}]
10- The Stock Brokers [Minoshei + ThatGuy]
11- Les Denis Rangers [H4 + pkmvodka]
12- Bon Bagay (YYYYESSSS!) [Edgar + Junior]

Registered Singles:

1- chesterr01
2- TestRider
3- nox
4- sebz
5- Minoshei
6- Hero of nobody
7- Jim-JC-Cam
8- Fogel
9- Elefterios
10- Noshno3
11- pkmvodka
12- Vegetto2k2
13- SonyTeflon
14- GinoTeflon
15- Micky Mouse
16- Trax
17- Rip
18- Apøc`
19- Zred
20- Opsy
21- Aeon
22- ChimeiOokami (Kami)
23- ThatGuy
24- BlackJo
25- Russell
26- Chris
27- Guillaume
28- Dylan
29-
30- Wak
31- Kris
32- Bisa
33- Maken
34- Baka
35- Anthony
36- [Sebastien]
37- Elvis
38- Jonathan
39- Chison
40- Edgard
41- Madmat_AKA_Jimmy
42- Jih
43- Pow
44- Vwin
45- ? (Bam)
46- Paty
47- AlphaAlgeroth
48- Krobis
49- Dark Kool
50- Spartikus
51- H4
52- cF=)
53- Jarc
54- Shun
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Example of a crew tournament:

Pocket monsters (Adam, Chris, Dave) 15 stocks
vs
High Rollers (nox, chesterr01, aPoC`(sp?), matt) 15 stocks

+On a piece of paper, each crew writes down what characters each player will use and who will play first.
Since High Rollers are 4 members, they write down who has 3 stocks instead of four.

Pokémons : 1st- Dave (Falco), Chris (jigglypuff), Adam (Ganon)
High Rollers : 1st - nox (Doc), aPoC`(Sheik), matt (Marth-3 stocks), chesterr01 (Roy)
They exchange papers.

So the first match is nox (Doc-4 stocks) vs dave (Falco-5 stocks)
The stage is random.
nox has to suicide once to start at 4 stocks.
+When he respawns, both players go on opposite sides of the stages and count to the 3 after nox's invincibility goes away.
They fight.
The match is over. nox won with 2 stocks left.

+Pokémons now have to choose who goes next. They decide Adam will go.
2nd match: nox (Doc-2stocks) vs Adam (Ganon-5 stocks).
+Adam gets to choose the stage, and picks Yoshi's Story.
+nox has to suicide 3 times to have 2 stocks.
Same process.
Match is over.
Adam wins with 3 stocks left, he will play the next match with his 3 remaining stocks.

This goes on until one crew loses all their lives, and loses.

Last edited by a moderator:

TestRider

Smash Ace
Results

LOL HERE ARE THE RESULTS FOR TEAMS AND CREWS, ****, NO NEED TO ACTUALLY HOLD THE TOURNEY.

Teams
1. No Mercy
2. Some ****
3. Whatever

Crews
1. No Mercy featuring some loser lucky enough to be teaming with us
2. ****
3. More ****

KTHXBYE no rematch.

Ice44

Smash Apprentice
Chet, you hobo. Put me down for singles and liek umm umm teams cuz I'm gonna find some random bum on the street to be my partner. Also, i'll probably bring my camcorder but I want to be paid like $28936729838979 for bringing it. Also, sprocket told me on saturday that he can't go cuz he has work >_> KTHXBAI!!

tMoC

Smash Apprentice
I would come, I can assure you, but sadly I will be on the other side of the world on that date, and therefore can't make it.

Also, don't be such chumps. Take Rainbow Cruise off the banned list. There is nothing wrong with that level.

And finally, I think you should let people play in more than one crew (but of course they would have to pay for each crew they are in). That way, if someone has more than one circle of friends, he can satisfy both! And think how fun it will be when the two crews someone is part of ends up facing each other!

Have a blast guys. It is really cool you all are putting something together. Let's see if you can entice some Americans to come. Just tell them that Quebec is better than Ontario in Smash. Which it is.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
tMoC said:
I would come, I can assure you, but sadly I will be on the other side of the world on that date, and therefore can't make it.

Also, don't be such chumps. Take Rainbow Cruise off the banned list. There is nothing wrong with that level.

And finally, I think you should let people play in more than one crew (but of course they would have to pay for each crew they are in). That way, if someone has more than one circle of friends, he can satisfy both! And think how fun it will be when the two crews someone is part of ends up facing each other!

Have a blast guys. It is really cool you all are putting something together. Let's see if you can entice some Americans to come. Just tell them that Quebec is better than Ontario in Smash. Which it is.
Have fun in Japan you lucky pheg.
If someone wants to have Rainbow Cruise, just say so. If it's only tMoC, then it'll stay like that. It was banned at PAWS, I'd ban it myself but w/e.
That multiple crew thing is wrong. Some people would abuse the system and pay in the three crews who have the best chances of winning and get money for first second and third. Redonkculous.
I doubt the Americans would come here. It's kinda far from them even though Montreal is like, the best city in North America. Plus, people seem to be not willing to give hosting, so yeah... well some people just can't but like, some don't care at all...

Vegetto2k2

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, i wouldnt mind coming, but of course id need housing of some sort, and a crew/team to play in. I wouldn't come just for singles XD.

and id have to make sure ice doesnt attempt to **** me on the train 0_0

tMoC

Smash Apprentice
PS That stuff about entering multiple crews was a joke. The stuff about Rainbow Cruise wasn't.

sprocket

Smash Journeyman
I like rainbow cruise, if you die at an early percentage then you deserved too.

Vegetto,

Me you Ice and greg w in crews!

Testrider you want to have a a few money matches?

Hero of Nobody

Smash Cadet
I'm registring for singles. There are some of my friends that wants to sign up too, I'll post their tags later on.

Maybe I'll register for crews too. Members are me and Jim , and someone else. Don't make make it official yet.

Jim will bring a TV if you really need one. Gamecubes, including smash, will be brought by me or Jim.

Minoshei

Smash Rookie
chet ya know i wouldnt mind giving hosting, but i live in ste-julie, so people who would come to my house would need money(5,25$ for bus each time T_T)

Fogel

Smash Lord
Sign me up for singles for sure. If I can get a partner for doubles and a crew, I can do those too.
If anyone wants to team/crew up with some random guy, let me know :) Mon francais n'est pas tres bon, mais je peux le parler un peu.

As for housing, it probably won't be necessary for me. As long as I can get a lift back to the bus/train station after the tourney I should be OK.

edit: Ice team with meeeeeeeeee!

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
SCREW THAT

count me in for singles, crews (no mercy featuring pkm for life!!) and teams chester.

we need to make this big.

Ice44

Smash Apprentice
LMFAO JASON YOU HAVE TO HOUSE ME NOW!!!!!! OWNED IN DA FACE!! Also Cameron, Im teaming with Ron cuz he asked me like I forget when >_> but if he cant go, us two will team, ya ya

TestRider

Smash Ace
sprocket : Sure thing.

As for housing, I can probably house someone at my place, not a lot of room though so I doubt I could house more than one person.

And wtf, pkm is coming? Now no one will want to register for crews :(

BTW pkm, if you're planning on using your car, could you pick me up and get me to the tourney? That way I could bring my TV.

Paty

Smash Apprentice
Too bad I can't go because of work. I hope I can make it for the singles, even though I am not sure to participate.

Can you house me, TestRider? :upsidedown:

Ice44

Smash Apprentice
ANTHONY STOP INVADING OUR TOPIXXXXXXXXXXX!!! So ya liek, I still need housing which is incredibly ghey >_> Ben, LET ME STAY AT YUR HOUSE. We can liek eat bagels all night long.

Trax

Smash Rookie
I'm alive !!!

It's been some time...
Je peux apporter une TV. Sauf qu'est super vieille et ya juste une entrée dessus : genre de vis pour mettre le câble... Si on y ploye un vidéo, ça marche...

A part ça, j'ai un char. Yé laid, y pue, ya plein de papier et de pinottes au fond, mais y roule. Faque si kekun a besoin d'un lift, je pars de Beloeil...

Ensuite, inscrivez-moi pour Singles, et pour le reste, je vais peut-être m'inscrire pour un crew ou un team, mais cé pas encore confirmé...

Apøc`

Smash Apprentice
Omg ... Singles !! Omg ... Teams !! ( ??? ) Omg Crews ( ??? )
Ben, sauf les singles, le reste, reste encore a voir. ( english keyboard sucks :D )

Zred

Smash Rookie
moi je vais venir ak ma team mais nous on veut faire du 1vs1 alors on sinscrit dans le single ou team ?

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Trax, I have the tri-wire type and the screwing type for the GameCube audio/visual cable, so it'll be fine.

Zred, I need the names of the people who are coming with you, and in was tournaments they will be participating in. Same for you.
If you participate in singles and teams, it'll cost you 20 or 25$ so it's not that big a deal. You should consider participating.

Top Bottom