• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;

Title: Halo 4
Developer: 343
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios

Halo 3's announcement trailer was shown as Peter Moore and Bill Gates walked off stage at the Microsoft E3 2006 Press Conference. Download the trailer here:
http://bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?link=Halo3Announcement

"This is the way the world ends."

Holy **** that trailer is awesome. Freaking incredible. 2007 cannot come soon enough.

High-res wallpapers/screens:

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I saw it. I sort of pooped all over when I saw it. Hence he was carrying an AR. ^_^. She's back, and probably better than ever. BTW, Cortana seems a bit too weird don't you think? Maybe Gravemind msessed with her protocol or something, although I find that hard to believe. Still, here comes another game of the year. The four player co-op only makes it sexier. Any word on online co-op?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Carp, the page is down. I kinda thought that here would be seven Halo games because there were seven Halos. Cant believe they're ending something that could have made at least five sequels.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
commonyoshWii said:
Carp, the page is down. I kinda thought that here would be seven Halo games because there were seven Halos. Cant believe they're ending something that could have made at least five sequels.
Five ? You have to be kidding me. Not a franchise such as Halo. The 7 installations can all be disabled through the Ark. Lurk more. The Ark seems to be what opens up at the end of the video. By the way, hence that it takes place where they said it would; in Africa. Notice the Lion King-like trees in the background at the beginning.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Yes I know that this is the last Halo. But I'm just saying that it could have made more sequels if it had wanted to. After all, Splinter Cell has made sequel after sequel because people buy it. (I hate you stupid Splinter Cell.) Well, they at least have my respect because they followed the more artistic path rather than make five sequels. Shows that they aren't as money happy as I originally thought. Go Bungie.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
commonyoshWii said:
Yes I know that this is the last Halo. But I'm just saying that it could have made more sequels if it had wanted to. After all, Splinter Cell has made sequel after sequel because people buy it. (I hate you stupid Splinter Cell.) Well, they at least have my respect because they followed the more artistic path rather than make five sequels. Shows that they aren't as money happy as I originally thought. Go Bungie.
Yep, Splinter Cell's a pretty good example. **** they better introduce at least two new weapons. Also, I highly doubt that the AR will be dual wielded, I mean look at the size of that beast. I sure hope Bungie doesn't change the way it worked in Halo CE. Maybe a few improvements with its sound(Althought the oldschool one sounds marvelous:-p). I trust Bungie regarding the gameplay of Halo 3, I mean they took a lot of **** from the Bungie.net community in terms of Halo 2's gameplay(And by gameplay I mean the feel of it, not the overall thing). They better take hint and not rush the game. Plasma weapons also need to be fixed, especially the Plasma Rifle, they ruined my baby in Halo 2 and made it seem like some stupid watergun that was only good(Extremely good i should say) at complimenting the SMG Plasma Rifle combo. Also, the Plasma Pistol better be fixed in terms of not seeming like a power up weapon(Halo 2<_<).

Munzer

Smash Rookie
Yea i cant wait for this, it will be my main reason to get a 360. Glad the assault rifle is backa nd definately not make the plasma pistol so godly. One thing however is that i was saddened when i relized this will be the final halo game.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Munzer said:
Yea i cant wait for this, it will be my main reason to get a 360. Glad the assault rifle is backa nd definately not make the plasma pistol so godly. One thing however is that i was saddened when i relized this will be the final halo game.
I'm actually glad. I have faith that Bungie will step up to every possible expectation(Or at least try). I'm sure they've heard enough crap from the Bungie.net community.

I wonder if they'll include the ATV which they cut from Halo 2 due to the lack of time they had.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The ATV wasn't cut due to time, it was cut because there wasn't a reason for it to be in the game other than to have another vehicle to drive. Personally I feel they should include it for those people who love to take the Warthog for themselves and just use it to splatter people.

Bungie's announcement (at bungie.net) is also a good read. Here's a bit:

It's been a chore biting our tongues on this one. Call it a combination of studio secrecy, corporate secrecy, Bill Gates already announcing it four times and, you know, whatever.

We won't ruin the content of our short presentation by describing it frame by frame, but we will note that everything you're seeing here is being rendered in real-time on the Xbox 360, using the current version of our Halo 3 game engine. The HDR lighting, self-shadowing, GPU-run particle system and many other effects should make it intact (and more) to our final game.

We demonstrated the real-time nature of the demo after the press conference (thanks to our friends at Pioneer with awesome audio-video assistance) to a small group of reporters, so we'll wait and see what their judgment on the presentation was, but you should feel free to make your own.

The trailer was built to have minimum impact on the development process, and while it required long hours and hard work from many, many Bungie staffers, it utilizes real-game assets, fiction and locations from parts of the "real" game.

In fact, it's the stuff it doesn't contain that gives it a strange kind of context. You can see how detailed the Chief is, but that detail applies to our other, unseen, unrevealed characters, vehicles, environment and so on. There's no AI visible in the demo, no multiplayer, and the entire thing has been left deliberately subdued both to give scale to the artifact and because this is our announcement. The real stuff will come later.

Fans of Halo fiction will be able to guess at a vast array of possibilities, even from this short piece, and discuss them in our newly launched Halo 3 Forum. For those new to the series, we'll make every effort to bring you up to speed on the story in forthcoming Bungie.net updates. We'll also be resurrecting the true purpose of the Update-proper - a weekly diary on the progress of the game that has been stymied recently, by the absence of (reveal-able) information.

Of course the trailer itself is a teaser - with no multiplayer, a single Earth-based locale, none of our sweet new AI or gameplay technologies. No physics to speak of, no new features other than a sneak peek at the graphics and audio engines…but the other stuff is there, and we'll reveal more as time goes on.

Sorry for the screen stretch, but that happens in every topic with 360 game pictures in it.

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
Looks mighty fine, but it will never be as good as UT2k7, no matter how good the graphics get.

That is of course, my opinion. I like the UT series more because of the pace.

But, daaaaamn. Very nice. The focus lost in the backround is nice, too.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Heh 07 ain't **** FOOL! LOL.

Nice info Cashed. And they made it seem like it was cut due to time in the special edition video. It'd be a fun addition, if you saw the pre-renders of it, it allowed you to shoot your weapon(Think of it as being in the passenger seat of a warthog), the weapon was to be held with one hand while you pimp with the other one driving around recklessly.

Dibs

Smash Lord
Oh hell yes I've been waiting for this. I'd still own beaty in a match.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
My stupid computer won't load the page, so if I spam or repeat what was mentioned on the 1up page I'm sorry.
There is still going to be more Halo.
There is Halo Wars and a game codenamed Project Forerunner.
But goodbye Halo. It has been fun.
I've seen the trailer on my 360 in a high-def TV and I really want it.
It seems a bit darker, with Cortana's intro and the defeat of Earth.
Has anyone read the Halo novels? I think that other Spartans (yes I said other Spartans, who are still alive) found that structure and are hiding around there. It'd be awesome if there were other Spartans to help you out. Hopefully they're smart and don't die.
I know this is very unlikely but they should have arena challenge mode things. Like kill a thousand Grunts or something. Ah, that would be very fun. And something to do after you beat the game and don't have Xbox Live. Like me.
Can't wait for Halo 3!!

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
There is not a Halo game code named or called Project Forerunner. There's Halo 3, Halo Wars and a Halo game that Peter Jackson is making.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
I have a Gameinformer magazine that mentions a game called Forerunner. Maybe they changed the name or something.
There is also a Halo movie with Peter Jackson.
Okay, I found the magazine and page.
Gameinformer 156 page18.
The title is "Halo 3 dead? Bungie's next project: Forerunner."
This magazine is back from April so I don't know what happened to the game.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Speaking of Halo, I just got back into my Halo 2 online proness, so Cashed accept my god **** friend request. It's an order, soldier! No really, I'm tired of waiting.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
^speaking of the books, Ghosts of Onyx releases later this month (I think, I'm sure Bungie said this month, maybe Nov, but its in one of their articles)

Anyways, I'm excited for it myself, as it will be a good story to tie in the events of what happened behind the scenes of Halo 2.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
April fools perhaps?
I hope not. Plus I just reread it and they said Peter Jackson is working with them on it. So I guess they took the name out and now call it "Halo game that Peter Jackson is making", not as catchy as Forerunner. No offense Cashed, I hope (I don't want to make a mod mad).
Has anyone read the graphic novels? They look good but I don't know if they are worth the price.

Dibs

Smash Lord
HALO 3...New Game Details Exposed....Weapons, Vechicles.....

Thanks to joystiq.com

Weapons

-Spiker: a new Brute weapon
-Spartan Laser: a laser that tears vehicles apart
-Nail Grenade: sticks into walls, sends nails everywhere

Vehicles

-Mongoose: the ATV that was cut from Halo 2; seats two, but no weapons; designed for recon

New Feature

-"Man Cannon": what it sounds like; launches you into the air (think: jump pads from Unreal, Quake Arena)

Controls

-Bumpers are used to reload the right and left weapons independently
-X-button has a "secret" function

Misc.

-Secondary weapon is now visible when not in use (slung over shoulder)

Collector's Edition

-"Legendary Edition" box is a replica of Master Chief's helmet, includes 4-disc set:
*Disc one: game
*Disc two: documentaries and developer commentary
*Disc three: spin-off material (Red vs. Blue, Spark of Life, etc.)
*Disc four: all cut scenes from Halo 1-3 in HD
*Bonus: sneak peek of Halo movie will be included on one of the discs (maybe)

I want to try that nail grenade.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The Brute Spiker, Mongoose, visible weapons and how beautiful the game looks for having placeholder lighting and textures blow me away. Today is a good day. I like the new control scheme idea, there were times in Halo 2 where I was like "It'd be nice if I could just reload my left hand weapon so I can keep firing with my right if someone comes along."

Valhalla looks like a really nice Halo level. It's already being compared to Blood Gulch. It's the one with the towers with the beams of light. Highground also looks great and is being compared to Zanzibar. The other level, Snowbound, is being compared to Frostbite, which I'm going to assume is a Halo PC level.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
If Microsoft won't lower the price for holidays they probably won't lower it for awhile. Sorry.

Might I suggest selling blood?

Don't know, I got the money from family member's will.

Is there any way you can get a job, or mow lawns, or rake leaves or something?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
It will be next year. I absolutely love the idea of the secondary weapon being visible, although I used the silly weapon such as a needler or single SMG(Although I'm not saying the msg SUCKS)while hiding my sword.

Oh well, I'll take the cool factor of having your secondary visible over the cheap crap.:-pBut forget Halo 3 right now. At the moment, I'm caught up with Project Gotham racing 2, Destroy All Humans 2, and Tenkaichi 2(Coming out in 7 days!!!). Wow, so many sequels.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be very fun if you could block an energy sword with another. Imagine an energy sword fight, online or against "bosses". Dah! Be fun, if done right of course.
The needler isn't silly, it in Halo 1 it was about the only covenant weapon that was useful against Flood or in certain circumstances.

Dibs

Smash Lord
First chance to play Halo 3.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2006/20061116-halonation.htm

On the fifth anniversary of the release of the landmark Xbox® video game Halo®, Microsoft Game Studios and Bungie Studios today celebrated the milestone by announcing an exclusive hands-on experience with Halo 3, one of the industry's most anticipated sequels. The Xbox Live® multiplayer public beta, which is a pre-release version of the multiplayer experience of Halo 3, is scheduled for availability in spring 2007 exclusively on Xbox 360™.
I need a 360 now.

Zink

Smash Champion
Teehee, "man cannon". All the video game kids in my class made man cannon jokes all through math class.
I would be quite annoyed if Halo 3 came out before Halo 2 PC.

NickSmart

Smash Rookie
Halo is a great game. And of course I'm waiting for a Halo3. Btw I am a fan of previous bungie's game - Oni

0oo0

Smash Cadet
I wonder if the gameplay will change or stay the same just with "prettier" graphics. That's all this gen seems to be trying to offer sadly. I want a game the has good gameplay. I played halo 1 and 2 and am bored of them. I hope halo 3 lives up to what i expect... wait its just a shooter, we have thousands of them, why is this 1 getting so much attention anyway :/

0oo0

Smash Cadet
I guess why i asked that kinda question is cuz my preference is different. I prefer Quake over most Fps's. I like Unreal (not the new ones... though) and Doom. I liked Halo and Halo 2 for a little while, But i just think its very lacking in weapons. Like boring animation... hell i prefer quake 2's animation over this :p

No offense just stating what i like :)

Top Bottom