• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Nooooo!

I want a 360 for Halo and other games. I want a PS3 for a bunch of stuff. And I want to keep my Wii for Brawl.

*cries*

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
My friend has the Beta.

He says it's just Halo 2, but better looking. Anyone disagree? How does it stand out from previous Halo's?

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
My friend has the Beta.

He says it's just Halo 2, but better looking. Anyone disagree? How does it stand out from previous Halo's?
It feels more like Halo 1 than 2. Combat isn't as fast and frantic as it was in Halo 2, and usually not as up close. With the whole dual wielding thing introduced in Halo 2, they, aside from the Plasma Pistol/Battle Rifle combo seemed to be used the most, making for close quarters battles. Halo 3 balances it, there's plenty of long range battle, made possible by increased accuracy in the Carbine, along with the Battle Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Beam Rifle and Spartan Laser being in the game, and there's also plenty of up close battles with the Shotgun, all the dual wield combos, Shotgun, Brute Shot, etc. The Battle Rifle, Assault Rifle and Carbine made for nice mid-range battles, too. The addition of the Bubble Shield, Portable Grav Lift and Power Drainer change the game the most though, I've had game changing moments because of them. Unsuspectingly come across four guys on the other team close together? Drop your Power Drainer and throw in a grenade and Battle Rifle anyone who survives. The Banshee has been attempted to be balanced... and just really ended up getting nerfed. You can use the Fuel Rod Cannon on it... but you can't aim too far down, and the thing controls like a flying brick. Yeah, it's better than Halo 2's because you actually can shoot the thing down when on foot, and if the pilot is stupid and hits, say, a tree, the Banshee blows up and he falls to the ground. The Mongoose is only useful in a few areas, such as transporting the Flag or the Bomb. You aren't going to kill a single person while on the thing, though.

foxandyounglink

Smash Journeyman
Ah, i preordered this game many months ago. The beta (which i havent played) looks fairly decent. I mean come on, its a beta. But i think people shouldve been able to get to use the energy sword, although it would like, ruin everyone elses fun, it would be enjoyable.

But i do have one question. Whats up with this?

Why are the humans significantly smaller than those things. I think they're elites, but I never remember them being that big.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Elites are about the size of Master Chief (which is around 7 feet tall). A marine would probably be between 5'8"-5'11" like most normal people.

Bi-Ryu

Smash Rookie
Indeed. The Elites arn't really that big. Although The Arbiter wasn't relativily as big as the one in that image, most elites are big. Then again you must remember the images in Halo Wars are for BEFORE the events of Halo 1/2/3 Even before The Fall of Reach. The Elites might have had bulkier armor or they might have had longer to train considering they haven't encountered a actual resistance to waste their resources into fighting.

Though in Retrospect that Elite is only a foot and a half taller then that Marine at best. We have people who are foot and a half taller then each other.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Rent Crackdown. You can still play the beta while renting it. Saves some money and alot of people HATE crackdown. I have no idea why. It is by far a better version of GTA. Imagine GTA mixed with the incredible hulk mixed with an rpg mixed with The Demolition man and you have Crackdown.

TigerBlade34

Smash Journeyman
Indeed, Crackdown is fun but when I got most of achievements, like maxing out your character, co-op, doing the stunts and races (didn't feel like doing the Orb ones), it got mehtastic for me.

Now, about the Beta, it's awesome but some match setups were horrible, such as Team Rockets and V.I.P on Valhalla. Vetoed on sight.

Chinkku397

Smash Rookie
I thought the Beta was awesome and it's much easier to play than Halo 2. The AR pretty much owns but I like the other weapons too. One thing I didn't like was V.I.P. It's really hard.:ohwell:

TigerBlade34

Smash Journeyman
V.I.P is when there's a certain person on each team that you need to kill to earn a point. The thing is, the V.I.P. has an overshield and their weapons/melee attack are stronger than the other players.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
# xZero Beatx
#
# SPARTAN - Z14
# Gunnery Sergeant - Grade 1

Combat Stats
Games: 85
Last Played: 5/22/2007 5:51:49 PM

# Total Kills: 1323
# Total Deaths: 662
# Kill/Death Ratio: 1.9985
# Total Assists: 464
---------------------------------------------------
So yeah I've played it:-p.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
V.I.P. sounds like garbage, maybe if the V.I.P. was normal or weaker it'd be ok but making him stronger is just unfair.

TigerBlade34

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's garbage. Most times, people veto it. lol It's extremely annoying on Valhalla. Too bad I don't have the Beta anymore. (I rented Crackdown and it's a bit overdue) >.>

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
V.I.P. is hated by you Nintendo fan boys because you're not very good at the game, that's all.

TigerBlade34

Smash Journeyman
V.I.P on Snowbound is the ONLY time it can actually be enjoying. There's little chance you'll get that pair though. :(

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Actually, I hate VIP as well. =\
Then you sir, need to add me to your god **** Friends list once and for all.

Warn me when you do so.

I love VIP on Vahalla. Reason being when I have a Sniper and a BR as the VIP(If I get lucky and get it at the beginning of the match, the VIP overshield that is) I'm unstoppable.

Sadly, the 360 broke in the ****ing middle of the BETA. Had to send it in for repairs.

F8X

Smash Ace
Am I the only person who likes V.I.P.?

The only other game where I think V.I.P. is done better is CS or CS:S. I always thought V.I.P. matches were very tense. Especially when you play VIP with a "VIP BONUS" or whatever it was called.

Anyway, I'm going to miss the BETA. I had so much fun with it as of recently, even got an awesome custom game gaming going yesterday. If Halo 3 is anything like the beta , its a sure fire purchase for me.

Anyway I have a ton of other games I need to complete anyway, so I should not be bored or upset at all.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
There's online co-op? *runs over the ocean to buy a 360 from someplace where it doesn't cost double the MSRP*

Anyway, I'd be pissed when the beta went, but at the same time I'd be happy that I got to play it.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
There's online co-op? *runs over the ocean to buy a 360 from someplace where it doesn't cost double the MSRP*

Anyway, I'd be pissed when the beta went, but at the same time I'd be happy that I got to play it.
I got 85 games into it. Then the 360 went stupid, DURING THE BETA, GAHH!!

Anyway, can't wait till Halo 3 comes out.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Who wants to play some Co op online after the game comes out? We should all do it from SWF.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
First I plan to beat the game on heroic(Slight challenge while still keeping it fun for the first time around) with my cousin offline, and then rock with my friends online.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Eh, in the most recently weekly update Bungie stated that Legendary wont be as much of a pain as it was in Halo 2 so I'm not going to be scared to actually play it this time around. Of course I'm going to run through the game on Normal with my friend on co-op first, and then I'll play the game by myself on Legendary.

But that's far away. September. Late September.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I read that too, the update.

Still, heroic is perfectly fine in order to enjoy the game. Normal just seems, eh nevermind. We both know we have different playing styles.

I'm not scared of Legendary, just simply don't want to be backed against the corner on a new game, correction, of the future game of the year. I want to enjoy it at my pace the first time around. Take my time on the campaign levels and simply bask in the glory that is, BUNGIE.

I plan to get some games going with you. Just eh, it'll take me a while to fully finish with campaign beause like I said before, I plan on enjoying it to its max.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Wow that is actually freaky rather than cool.

My take though, is that the facial features we just saw might simply be the generic Spartan faces they put into each multiplayer model to not just have a HELMET has an actual head.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Well, what made MC cool was him being a misterious guy.
Looks like he's scarred. Wouldn't expect nothing less of such a great warrior.
-.-
What are you talking about? Did you not read my post?

Anyway, he's still cooler than Mario. One kick is all it takes.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, does anyone know when MLG plans to release info on their 2008 linup? I'm not asking what the linup will be, I know they haven't decided / haven't said anything. Like at what points did they annouce the linup for previous seasons? I'm throwing around the idea of picking up Halo 3. Thanks.

MechanizedDeviousFox

Smash Journeyman
That trailer is full of win and awesome. I'm glad the Arbiter is back, love the Master Chief's new HUD, (copied off Metroid Prime and Republic Commando but it's about time!), and it seems the Arbiter follows the master Chief around from the look of the trailer. o.O

Top Bottom