• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simon freaking Belmont

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Simon Belmont and Bill Rizer are probably the 2 best possible character additions to brawl. Even if that ment taking out MARIO representation to fit them in. Simon Belmont for BRAWL

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
I would love for Belmont to appear in Brawl, but i don't see it happening. The reasons being the limited third party slots (only one or two left...) and Snake. Since Konami already has representation in the newest edition of Smash brothers, I don't see anyone else Konami-bred making the cut.

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
They woulldn't put Belmont in Brawl, because he doesn't have any quirkiness to him. Belmont is just straight up bad *** style with a cool possible move set. But sadly, Nintendo won't see that, Nintendo will see Simon Belmont as violent with no personality their audience won't want. If Belmont were to have douche moves like farting (hahaha he's fat and and made a mushroom cloud sized fart hahahaha) then Nintendo would maybe take interest...BELMONT FOR BRAWL!

Framerate

Smash Lord
Here's why I vote yes on Belmont being in brawl.

1. Nintendo is trying to get back to it's roots. They want old characters that really represent the good times of the NES.

2. Castlevania is a huge franchise. It's huge, and it's been with nintendo since the start.

3. He rocks.

4. Snake has been in some random "party" games before. Guess who followed him through all of them. If you guessed Cyan, you're pretty close, but it's Simon freaking Belmont.

My points suck cause I'm tired, but I really have high hopes for this character. I mean, he is basicallly what nintendo is looking for: an old stand-by that represents a huge franchise on the nintendo systems. He's built to fight, and he rocks. I got more somewhere in my head, but I spent all my smarts on explaining why Dark Samus is a poor choice for Brawl. Yeah, some people will get upset about this, but just go read the thread.

Simon Belmont!!!!!!!

Framerate

Smash Lord
They woulldn't put Belmont in Brawl, because he doesn't have any quirkiness to him. Belmont is just straight up bad *** style with a cool possible move set. But sadly, Nintendo won't see that, Nintendo will see Simon Belmont as violent with no personality their audience won't want. If Belmont were to have douche moves like farting (hahaha he's fat and and made a mushroom cloud sized fart hahahaha) then Nintendo would maybe take interest...BELMONT FOR BRAWL!
I assume that is why Snake is in Brawl. Because he is quirky. I dunno if Snake can even fart. he doesn't need to, he's Snake.

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
I assume that is why Snake is in Brawl. Because he is quirky. I dunno if Snake can even fart. he doesn't need to, he's Snake.
Snake was the exception from Konami. We who appreciate the finer bad *** things in life aren't gonna be lucky enough to see another character as cool as Snake Rizer or Belmont in Brawl, because there is a crowd of people that want to see cute Nintendo instead of actually cool Nintendo. Sadly, that crowd is bigger than ours. Just being realistic. BELMONT FOR BRAWL!

Crom

Smash Journeyman
I woulden't say Snake is quirky. He's always calm and level headed, dominating everything on the battlefield. He's in brawl because Hideo Kojima begged to have him in. Snake would have most likely never have been thought of as a possible character addition by Sakuri or the brawl team, who all would opt for more pokemon or other lame nintendo characters in the line up instead.

Anyways, Simon Belmont is a better choice for Brawl than Mario himself. I would rather have Simon Belmont then 450 unique pokemon added to the roster each with their own unique moveset.

Mar~

Smash Apprentice
Here's why I vote yes on Belmont being in brawl.

1. Nintendo is trying to get back to it's roots. They want old characters that really represent the good times of the NES.

2. Castlevania is a huge franchise. It's huge, and it's been with nintendo since the start.

3. He rocks.

4. Snake has been in some random "party" games before. Guess who followed him through all of them. If you guessed Cyan, you're pretty close, but it's Simon freaking Belmont.

My points suck cause I'm tired, but I really have high hopes for this character. I mean, he is basicallly what nintendo is looking for: an old stand-by that represents a huge franchise on the nintendo systems. He's built to fight, and he rocks. I got more somewhere in my head, but I spent all my smarts on explaining why Dark Samus is a poor choice for Brawl. Yeah, some people will get upset about this, but just go read the thread.

Simon Belmont!!!!!!!
Yesh!

Go Simon Belmont!

Dew!

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Simon would definitely be one of the best characters if he made it in. No way he could suck, it would just be such a shame it couldn't happen. But I don't want to get my hopes up and be dissapointed when I already knew ahead of time that he probably wouldn't make it. But ****, it would be so incredible if he ended up getting a slot.

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
LOL
Did I just read that???
I got two words for you, dear:

SOLID SNAKE

He got in and his games are waaay more violent. He too is a bad a$$.

Snake and Simon where in a SSB like game together and Snakes moveset in Brawl seems to be strongly based off that game. I can't remember the name off the top of my head.
Bah, well here's a clip from it.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5755168500935946899

BELMONT FOR BRAWL BABY!

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
LOL
Did I just read that???
I got two words for you, dear:

SOLID SNAKE

He got in and his games are waaay more violent. He too is a bad a$$.

Snake and Simon where in a SSB like game together and Snakes moveset in Brawl seems to be strongly based off that game. I can't remember the name off the top of my head.
Bah, well here's a clip from it.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5755168500935946899

BELMONT FOR BRAWL BABY!
Thankyou Dearest,
but i already know what Solid Snake is(the pinacle of Badass), and that hes is already in Brawl. I was just referring to the likelyhood thats all. Since Nintendo is all Anti-Violence/Awesomeness, and that they seem to produce really stupid generic characters lately that majority favors.

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
Thankyou Dearest,
but i already know what Solid Snake is(the pinacle of Badass), and that hes is already in Brawl. I was just referring to the likelyhood thats all. Since Nintendo is all Anti-Violence/Awesomeness, and that they seem to produce really stupid generic characters lately that majority favors.
Naw naw, don't be all hating at Nintendo, dear. Though I do concur that Nintendo has been fairly generic concerning characters as of late but still there are new characters that are pretty violent. Zelda Twilight Princess is a good example of a recent game with great characters. (Midna scared me alittle.)

But I see your point...I guess all I can do is cross my fingers. :urg:

Mar~

Smash Apprentice
Simon Belmont is dark *¬*, he is very cool, he is classic of Nintendo and he is of Konami, company now in the Brawl ^O^

Dew!

Crom

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see Simon Belmont crack his whip in pikachu's face.

If the brawl team was thinking straight he would already be confirmed along with Bill Rizer from contra. Contra and Castlevania... 2 of the greatest Nintendo classics ever being ignored for more and more pokemon and other lame characters (wario lol its like mario but with a w awesome).

"ooooh but blah blah blah konami blah blah 3rd party slots" - sorry, megaman and sonic are no match for these 2 characters. They might aswell just give half the roster slots in brawl to Konami since they make better characters (zing).

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see Simon Belmont crack his whip in pikachu's face.

If the brawl team was thinking straight he would already be confirmed along with Bill Rizer from contra. Contra and Castlevania... 2 of the greatest Nintendo classics ever being ignored for more and more pokemon and other lame characters (wario lol its like mario but with a w awesome).

"ooooh but blah blah blah konami blah blah 3rd party slots" - sorry, megaman and sonic are no match for these 2 characters. They might aswell just give half the roster slots in brawl to Konami since they make better characters (zing).
Hey hey Crom! i don't think you quite get it, alright... see... Simon Belmont is Konami....idiot. There are already enough 3rd party slots as it stands right now see. And, if he's such a good character, then maybe his Konami games would be doing better in the market..like Sonic does(zing). maybe then, just maybe Crom. Simon is old btw too I'm in with the new and fresh characters, Crom. i suggest that you check out some other threads on the boards may i suggest my personal favorite, Stafy, hes got the stuff for Nintendo's Brawl and his thread could use some more TLC.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Belmont would have been a better addition than Snake. oh well.
He woulden't have been better than Snake, but he would have been better than Mario, Zelda, Bowser, Wario, etc. He's better than all the other confirmed characters except Snake.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Please, Simon fights legions of undead, including Dracula. He'd eat Snake for breakfast. He fights mortals and machines (fighting machines gets him props though). Only because of popularity will I say it's not better for Simon to be in than Snake, but I'd personally rather see him. They could easily make him a Snake clone, anyway.

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why not, Castlevania's been running on Ninty consoles for yonks. It's about time he claimed his spot, next to Snake. Though, two third party characters of the same label may be a bit unfair.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
So instead of the grenades and rockets, Simon could use Holy Water and shooting flames or something. They're both realistic humanoid characters and Simon is probably more athletic than Old Snake (jumping and kicking and such). Very clonable. As if Ganondorf and Captain Falcon have the same weapons and abilities... If I had a choice, Simon would be the original and Snake would be the clone.

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
yup! that could be a final, i'll post some posible finals for Simon:

Grand Cross:

Holy rain:

Axes:

And the famous Stopwatch:

Fire Whip (not a final, but a posible B attack)

and Yes, Simon Will totally Kickass! :chuckle:

look at this image of Simon grabing Dracula's head

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
Let's talk about Kirby Belmont lol

here's an image of Kirby after swallowing Belmont (it's fan made)

you can see him almost in the top right part of the image

after this, Simon deserves to be in!

BTW, why did he put Kirby being Belmont and not only Kirby

Sarcose

Smash Rookie
I apologize for any redundancy, as I just came to this thread and have not read the entire thing yet. But two things occur to me: the first is that Simon may not be the chosen Belmont for the game. Though he is the most iconic, they might well go with Julius or a completely new character to advertise a game. It's not really important, though, as any Belmont would essentially play like any other, as they derive moves from each other (much as Ness derived moves from other characters). This also provides a reason for why alternate costume Belmonts would work so easily.

The second thing that occurs to me is that here we have a chance to envision a character with an unprecedented playstyle. Earlier in the thread I see that someone mentioned the whip could not be as prolific in his moveset as, say, Marth's sword. My proposed theory on our Belmont is that he/she has almost exclusively whip attacks for non-smash A moves. Much like Simon in SCV3, the directions of the A moves could correspond with flinch-knockback (Falco's laser), low damage, high priority, directional whip attacks that moved out and retracted very quickly. Give him whip attacks for everything but down A, Bair, and Nair (although I really like the idea of a diagonally downward reaching whip attack for Nair, such as that can be performed in SCV3), and for A attacks you have a hit-and-run character with an unprecedented playstyle that focuses on a long ranged but low power attack. Smashes can make up for that low power, and then of course the much-discussed B moves give the playstyle its flavor.

The reason I point this out is that every character in SSB has attacks that are considerably non-unique, in that they are essentially there to represent a character playstyle more than anything else, and they end up being kicks and punches that are only implied by the game the character came from, while not actually being included. But Castlevania characters, specifically, have a more versatile playstyle than any other platformer out there, and they only have one attack. I would say that it's so versatile it deserves to be represented by such a method as an entire arsenal of moves devoted to the Vampire Killer, with perhaps only one of those moves actually being a killing move. Perhaps a smash, for instance.

What concerns me about the moveset is not the moves themselves; it's the playstyle implied by them. Most Simon movesets I see look like Captain Falcon with a whip and holy relics. I envision a character with a very dancing and fluid attack pattern, a dodging hit and run designed to rack up damage from just out of their range and come in after for the kill.

smash_fo_life

Smash Journeyman
MegaMan, Mario, Link, Samus, Donkey Kong, and Simon Belmont. What do they all have in common? they made Nintendo what it is today. MegaMan and Simon Belmont. What do they have in common? They betrayed Nintedo and ditched them :mad: But they are still cool, and both fitting to be in this game. We now know Konami characters have a chance, but I still wonder about Capcom...
do u know wut else mega man and simon have in common they were both on Captain N lol

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255

Really... you want THIS in Brawl? Come on. lol.
Hey thanks for giving Simon ANOTHER extra reason for him to be in!

I forgot he was in Nintendo's Cartoon...

And BTW... I want this:

Hell yeah that's Simon. And let's not forget that Simon, like Snake, has already appeared in the SSB-esque game DreamMix TV World Fighters for the GC and PS2 in Japan. Here's some images from that game:

Interestingly enough , I found that Snake plays fairly similarly to how he did same game, which supports my theory that his build in that game provided a base for that of his Brawl incarnation - granted he's been built up FAR beyond that in SSBB. Could we expect the same for Simon (and perhaps Bomberman, who was also in that game)? At any rate, here's a video I found, which also shows Simon (but he loses... :( ): http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5755168500935946899&q="Dream+Mix"

Top Bottom