• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simon freaking Belmont

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for double posting

maybe this one for stage would be good, with zombies at night and people at day

TheBig_N

Smash Rookie
WOW! Mestro that's another great stage to play, add some platforms and that's all. Simon for Brawl! FTW

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
What do you think of different final bosses for each character, Simon's final boss will be Dracula, what do you say? or if Nintendo doesn't want to make Dracula, at least they should make a Dopelganger.

BowietheHERO

Smash Rookie
i think the whole reason nintendo strayed away from adding characters like simon and megaman are because of the transition from 2d to 3d .... with the exception of castlevania 64 and megaman legends (i was personally disappointed with the character models) but who knows i may just be rambling ... i mean they did it with marth/roy and the ice climbers

Mestro

Smash Journeyman

Mar~

Smash Apprentice
Yeah! Simon appear in other all star game =P In the Brawl also he can apear =D

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
Are you Yoda or something? haha just a joke I know, I know you use a translate program. you meant: Yeah! Simon appeared in other All-Star game :p, he can also appear in Brawl!!! :)

200 POST!!!

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
Plus, Nintendo doesn't has to do a job on making Simon to 3D, he's already in 3D in Dream Mix! they only have to make him with better graphics!

Jinky Williams

Smash Cadet
Woo!

Man, I am so jazzed. Glad to see that this has taken off as it has. I was really excited to read all of the suggestions, Mestro's in particular. Lots of great ideas for levels, and the clothing options were awesome.

Having the different clothing options but still having it say "Simon (Belmont) would work fine, I think. In SSBM, one of Peach's alts was the yellow dress, which is traditionally Daisy's color. The only problem I see would be the extra work involved in creating the different models in addition to the clothes. But we'll see either way, of course.

If there was only one representative "Castlevania" level, I would like to see a clocktower level. It's always just said, "Castlevania" to me, and has been a pretty consistant location in CV games. (I can't speak for all of them, because I've not played them all.)

I love the idea for the Castlevania symbol being the "whip power-up" symbol. It gets my vote, for sure. It's immediately identifiable with the series, completely unique, and unseen outside of the CV universe. All the other SSB symbols thus far have been preexisting imagery unique to the games that they represent. There have even been some obscure ones (Ice Climbers, for example) that most people who've never played the game would have no idea what it is.

Bottom line, reiterated: Simon Belmont is the initial representative of Castlevania, a Nintendo staple; one of the founding fathers of Nintendo. Castlevania has been an enduring universe, spanning multiple platforms, Nintendo and otherwise, and the Belmonts have been an central part of that universe. And according to the Wikipedia entry for Simon Belmont http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Belmont, he's been a character in ten video games.

Simon Belmont FTW.

"I'm Simon Belmont, vampire hunter!"

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
Man, I am so jazzed. Glad to see that this has taken off as it has. I was really excited to read all of the suggestions, Mestro's in particular. Lots of great ideas for levels, and the clothing options were awesome.
:) Thank you Jinky!

If there was only one representative "Castlevania" level, I would like to see a clocktower level. It's always just said, "Castlevania" to me, and has been a pretty consistant location in CV games. (I can't speak for all of them, because I've not played them all.)
Yes, the clock tower would be awesome.

I love the idea for the Castlevania symbol being the "whip power-up" symbol. It gets my vote, for sure. It's immediately identifiable with the series, completely unique, and unseen outside of the CV universe.
Yes, but also can be a moon with a catle.... like the character screen from Dream Mix.

Simon Belmont is the initial representative of Castlevania, a Nintendo staple; one of the founding fathers of Nintendo. Castlevania has been an enduring universe, spanning multiple platforms, Nintendo and otherwise, and the Belmonts have been an central part of that universe. And according to the Wikipedia entry for Simon Belmont http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Belmont, he's been a character in ten video games.
Yup, the first CASTLEVANIA game started in Nintendo (Vampire Killer was first but, i refer to the Castlevania-titled games) and Simon was I and he was on Sakurai poll, hopes to see him in.

Simon Belmont FTW.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Wow Jinky Williams came back! LOL

I have to make a comment there, I totally agree with you, Mestro made excellent stages, clothes, items, etc. for Simon, And I think he's the only one giving ideas like these for a third party. I'm looking forward to see what's your next idea.

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
The idea is great but, the characters have to have their own names while you're changing the clothes.

here's mi idea:

Normal Clothes: Simon Belmont w/black hair

Yellow clothes: Simon Belmont w/Blond hair from Simon's Quest or SCV4

Red Clothes: Simon Belmont w/Red hair

Blue clothes: Richter Belmont w/short or long hair

White clothes: Juste Belmont

Black clothes: Trevor Belmont

That's enough. Post your ideas ;)

We can add Julius Belmont, for another red clothes option

okoya123

Smash Apprentice
Simon Belmont wtf y r u guys adding all these human like players from different games and add squirtle that would be the ****z niz right there

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
Do you mean? Simon belmont FTW why are you guys adding all these human like players from different games and add squirtle taht would be the ****z nice right here.

Do you mean you want squirtle? or i didn't understand?

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Simon Belmont wtf y r u guys adding all these human like players from different games and add squirtle that would be the ****z niz right there
Hey! I want to fight with Simon or Soma in Brawl! I assure you that his moves would be the best of all SSBB, and he'll become one of the fav for all.

If u want squirtle, go play red, blue or yellow!

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
LOL! best of the clan, but seriously the change cloth idea is great. You can play as Simon, Juste, Richter, Julius, why not Trevor too?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Wow. This all sounds great! Especially the alternating outfit idea, which should be enough to please my rabid "Richiter" friend.

So my question is: what special moves have you guys come up with for Simon?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I think one of his moves should be the thing where he has the cross of holy energy around him.
"Grand Cruz" would be a great Brawl move, in my humblest of opinions.

I'd like to see the knife, the cross/boomerang, and holy water (B, →B, ↓B, respectively) used. The best I can come up with for his ↑B is Super Jump/Griffon Wing...but that kind of move seems a bit overdone in Smash already, dunnit?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
"Back+B"? That doesn't work in Smash. Just have some of his A moves use a whip, and others: sword. Then put the Knife on neutral B. The Cross and Holy Water work as are, but how does the Axe work as a recovery move? Hence my suggestion of the Super Jump in it's place.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Oh, and for Simon's symbol...instead of a whip power-up, which Castlevania newbies (started with the GBA games, por ejemplo) wouldn't get; why not the upside down crucifix with devil wings? I don't know whether it's a recent addition or not, but it certainly screams "Castlevania", plus it's just...really cool lookin'!

Top Bottom