• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
No meta's that don't approach and just ****ing camp and run away the whole match are the problem
learn to play , as kadaj said learn to fight that kind of MK. By running away and not approaching they limit their options and have to WAIT FOR YOU TO DO SOMETHING giving you a 10 frame advantage on whatever it is you do.

it may be hard to deal with but there are certainly strategies for deal with it AS YOU STILL HAVE OPTIONS.

If metaknight has however ACTUALLY SHUT DOWN YOUR OPTIONS there isn't anything you can actually do

clowsui

Smash Legend
@minty you just have to read their reaction in the neutral situation
idk you have to train against a specific type of MK to develop the skill then play a high level one to solidify it
i'll ask steel samurai to post about it since he had trouble against that type of mk for a LOOONG time

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Minty worded it wrong lol he's talking about the REACTIVE MK, the kind that just reacts to everything you do. If they do that it's pretty impossible >.>

He played Shadow yesterday and that's pretty much all he did, because he said he'd been studying the matchup since he lost to Mike

I simply don't see how the matchup is possible if you lose the lead at ANY point

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
@minty you just have to read their reaction in the neutral situation
idk you have to train against a specific type of MK to develop the skill then play a high level one to solidify it
i'll ask steel samurai to post about it since he had trouble against that type of mk for a LOOONG time
alright so i need to read and guess out of his 999+ options, while throwing out hitboxes, which if they whiff, i get *****, and i need to throw out hitboxes or i get *****

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
mike makes reads very well, actually its something a lot of WC players do better than EC players. You wonder why we place just as high as you (bar m2k ally) despite having inferior DI and not playing "gay"there is your answer. honestly because he is actually limiting his own options I doubt shadows new strategy is going to work any better then his old one.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Let's speculate on regional differences by parroting other people's inconsistent and useless mindsets.
if regional mindsets are irrelevant then why is tyrant still approaching marth? why is tear bear still F smashing (like he does in every match up), why has Mikehazes' own doubles partner havok not doing it?

Albert.

Smash Master
Why does Shaya still Nair?
Does RoyR still do the RoyR?
Why does urop still Mr. R?
Why is Ny/Nj still bad, even though they ***** at Pound?
Why do people notknow about the south even though south secretly *****?
Does anybody play marth in New England?
Does Canada have any players besides Ally?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I haven't practised nairing in a while...
I'm really sloppy with a lot my playing at the moment.

I'm not really playing "Marth" anymore, I'm just playing 'tech' read with grabs and fairs.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
So that's what's going on...

... was gonna say something about lack of nair killing the boards and causing Marth to place poorly, but I'm much to lazy.

Toby.

Smash Master

Mr-R

Smash Champion
YO I finally got super street fighter.......
but I kinda suck, i dunno how to combo :(

Mr-R

Smash Champion
AND THERE ARENT LIKE ANY TUTORIALS OR SOMETHING THEY JUST ASSUME I'D KNOW HOW THE GAME WORKS
pfffffffffffffffft

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
here's a tutorial vid i found for you;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uZWArSOmCc

Either way, more importantly..

Jesus **** I've been on the edge of my seat watching the tennis for like 3 hours now...
Federer was down 2-0 FIRST ROUND OF WIMBLEDON.

AGAINST SOME NO NAME THAT HE'S ***** IN EVERY OTHER MATCH HE'S EVER PLAYED AGAINST.
He was down a break in the third set as well...

Now he's brutalising this guy, 4-0, with another break coming up...

my god I was so scared for federer losing.. you have no idea how badly he was playing.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
THANKS SHAYA! =D

OH I saw some of that on tv but quickly changed the channel back to footbal xD

EDIT: thats not a tutorial :@

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
mike makes reads very well, actually its something a lot of WC players do better than EC players. You wonder why we place just as high as you (bar m2k ally) despite having inferior DI and not playing "gay"there is your answer. honestly because he is actually limiting his own options I doubt shadows new strategy is going to work any better then his old one.
you're ********

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Watch out, you may ignite something REGIONAL instead of INTERNATIONAL with minty involved this time.

**** would be so cash.

Chill out though guys, he's only trolling ;)
kinda.
not really
maybe
who knows.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Stop jumping in, Mr-R :p

Who do you play? There should be a training thing in-game that has you do little combos and supers and stuff. I forget what it's called.

clowsui

Smash Legend
yeah training mode has you learn basic combos
there's also frame data that you can research
keep in mind that execution is a large factor in combos esp in SF where you have 1-3 frame links, multiple ones, in any given combo...though plinking helps in certain situations

Mr-R

Smash Champion
AH WAIT I FOUND A TUTORIAL IN CHALLENGE MODE
i didn't find it first because i thought it would be at practice mode ( cause thats usually the case )

I play akuma/ryu
playing dem top tiers all day

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
aww i forgot most of you werent around for that era. thats darxmarth's bike collection.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I just think it's amazing that someone could rack up that many bikes o_O.

Top Bottom