• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Roxas M

Smash Master
I just wasn't hesitating to take any risks. Before when I would play I would think about things I thought my opponent might do but I never would actually take the risk to read it because it meant I could possibly be punished. I don't really care if I get punished anymore though.
I see. Seems like that when you think of your own safety, you could actually be hindering yourself. Ironically, you didn't get punished much, if at all when you didn't care about it.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I remember when Akashi, Clowsui, and I were all in the marth chat and we vented how Neo has so much untapped potential, but doesn't unlock it because of how calculated and safes he plays.
And we were like "If only he'd take actual risks and be aggresive, he'd be so much better."

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Also, I think you're getting too worked up Kadaj.
Friendly competition, you should be beasting.
Regular trash talk and you're getting upset.

$5 on Pierce coming out of no where and beating you both up <3

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Also, I think you're getting too worked up Kadaj.
Friendly competition, you should be beasting.
Regular trash talk and you're getting upset.

$5 on Pierce coming out of no where and beating you both up <3
Better give me that $5 dollars Pierce be playing mad scared against me.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Playing unsafe as marth feels so awkward, for me anyways.
Think about this.

If you're amazing at spacing, how unsafe are you really?
If your enemy doesn't know what you're about to do, how much time are you being 'given' due to the extra few frames they need to analyse/react?

ff aerial to jab is a pretty simple example.
on shield it isn't safe
but we ff an aerial which is safe into a jab which if they continue to shield will be unsafe, but get away with it.

Stuff like ftilt, back air (ff, ac, etc) have frame 'unsafeness' but have other properties (range, good start up primarily) that over come such disadvantages. They aren't overly telegraphed either, me facing backwards towards someone with Marth is a position opponents have to respect in like 90% of match ups because there's more than just 'bair'.

Roxas M

Smash Master
Think about this.

If you're amazing at spacing, how unsafe are you really?
If your enemy doesn't know what you're about to do, how much time are you being 'given' due to the extra few frames they need to analyse/react?

ff aerial to jab is a pretty simple example.
on shield it isn't safe
but we ff an aerial which is safe into a jab which if they continue to shield will be unsafe, but get away with it.

Stuff like ftilt, back air (ff, ac, etc) have frame 'unsafeness' but have other properties (range, good start up primarily) that over come such disadvantages. They aren't overly telegraphed either, me facing backwards towards someone with Marth is a position opponents have to respect in like 90% of match ups because there's more than just 'bair'.
I see what you mean. I'm at the point where if I don't think it'll be safe, I just won't do it. Which is probably keeping me from getting any good reads in. I'm probably just staring at fame data too much and not thinking about some of the advantages/disadvantages, like you mentioned.

And everyone should play Marvel.

KillLock

Smash Lord
Yeah seeing Neo talk about taking risks was a pretty huge shocker for me. Happy he's stepping up his game by not caring, ironically enough that was the exact argument we had not too long ago, rofl.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Results of a decently big UK tourney:

i know results mr r and orion grand finals kasper got 3rd marcbri got 4th anaky dno his placement but he lost to marcbri and orion

looks like im going to get back into brawl and ****
Me 5th and also T 5th. 7th was C.R.Z and someone else cant remember who.

And guys this was actually the worst venue ever in history. We couldn't move around to play games at all, we had 6 wii's with tv's but it was only possible to use 3-4 wii's at a time because of the space.

But none the less it was good with the dutchies and Marc here. Keith came really close to beating Orion in LF and did pretty well against Ramin in WF. Marcbri cleanly beat me and Orion ***** me, 3 and 2 stock i think.

And Callum no man were gonna get good at MODERN WARFARE 3 MAN. Cong wants to as well. This is defiantly my last tourney though, it was good while it lasted lol but its too old now haha, CoD is too addictive.

Doubles today though and apparantly were moving downstairs with more room, Ramin and Orion will also play GF's today.
Anaky whyyyy :(

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Nike's next two chapters are glory-filled. You'll laugh. You'll cry.
You'll mostly laugh though. I know I did. :applejack:

C.J.

Smash Master
Talking to Lauren about how Nike is terrible (he's my Onix) and she asked what the nature was. I responded naughty.
nike is about as naughty as a naked barbie doll

Top Bottom