• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0-movement 0-death

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
i think this amazing, no wi am inspired to start using ice climers thats a bunch DYf

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
fastest CG ive seen so far,O_o i gotta learn this one too

*it would be a good idea not to make such a CG predictable in a match,i.e. dont try to spam it and switch up with diffrent types of CGs*

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Ha! I combine this with IC's other Cg's....

Down Cg (alternating from Popo to Nana) until edge, then I do this 3 times (I almost always mess up at the 4-5th time) then do a side CG to spike.

Muhahha, I got a blister from practicing this CG alone though xD

___

and yes I can use the IC's both defensivly and offensivly without CG'ing ^^;

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I've yet to try this out of fear that it's gonna take me as long to master as the other ones did. x_X

I'll do it tommorow. 3:

Samsquamptch

Smash Cadet
I've yet to try this out of fear that it's gonna take me as long to master as the other ones did. x_X

I'll do it tommorow. 3:
It really shouldn't take anywhere near as long, I learned initially by using visual and audio cues and they are all the same. If you learned completely by timing, then the buffering may screw you up.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ohhh boy.

I took this and started applying it to other CG's >_>. Expect to see some crazy buffering stuff from me soon :).

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
I thought the 0 to death combo's have been removed since the 64 version, but I guess I was mistaken. DYF, have you used this particular chain grab in a match yet? If so, is there a video of it? Also, are you sure there is no escape even with directional influence?

infomon

Smash Scientist
I thought the 0 to death combo's have been removed since the 64 version, but I guess I was mistaken.
Heh, heh. Look up "wobbling", an ICs tech in Melee.
Actually, 64 is the only version I didn't know had 0-death combos... but I didn't play it much.

DYF

Smash Cadet
I thought the 0 to death combo's have been removed since the 64 version, but I guess I was mistaken. DYF, have you used this particular chain grab in a match yet? If so, is there a video of it? Also, are you sure there is no escape even with directional influence?
I am not the first person to use 0-deaths in brawl. In fact there are tons of actual matches of people doing 0-deaths if you look on the internets. but yeah i have used this in a match before, and it is inescapable they cant DI out of it.

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
Great find

I am not the first person to use 0-deaths in brawl. In fact there are tons of actual matches of people doing 0-deaths if you look on the internets. but yeah i have used this in a match before, and it is inescapable they cant DI out of it.
Well, Popo and Nana are now officially my main. Thanks again DYF for the awesome find. I can only imagine a virtual unknown to the smash community upsetting a well high profile player using this tactic in a national tournament.

Samsquamptch

Smash Cadet
Well, Popo and Nana are now officially my main. Thanks again DYF for the awesome find. I can only imagine a virtual unknown to the smash community upsetting a well high profile player using this tactic in a national tournament.
Don't expect it to happen much, any player worth his salt has known to stay away from IC grabs since melee.
What we really need is a good way to get grabs, all I can rely on are chasing desynced 'B' moves.

Seison

Smash Journeyman
I know this isn't always the most reliable source, but the SmashWiki page on brawl IC says that at most major tourneys CGing with IC is banned. How true is that?

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Don't expect it to happen much, any player worth his salt has known to stay away from IC grabs since melee.
What we really need is a good way to get grabs, all I can rely on are chasing desynced 'B' moves.
I have found that shield grabs work very well.

Ice Climbers are 10Brokens
[sarcasm]Yeah thanks for the spam[/sarcasm]

olny in texas,cuz that one guy is a p*ssy that cant lern2notgetgrabbed
and even there they still allow three.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I find shield grabbing to be unbearably hard with every character I use because when I get hit by whatever attack and then try to grab them right after, the knockback from the attack is just enough to push me far enough from my grabbing range resulting me to miss a lot of grabs and get Butter Fingers as one of my scores...

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I don't use IC's, but I found this interesting. Pretty much mastered it against Falco. It's just weird adjusting your fingers to go dash -> grab -> dash -> pause -> grab.

I found this hard to do against Metaknight, tho'. What's the dealio?

Oh, and what's the best chaingrab to do against MK?

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I don't use IC's, but I found this interesting. Pretty much mastered it against Falco. It's just weird adjusting your fingers to go dash -> grab -> dash -> pause -> grab.

I found this hard to do against Metaknight, tho'. What's the dealio?

Oh, and what's the best chaingrab to do against MK?
It seems this is, since I can't CG Dthrows on MK at later percentages, I'm placing my pocket change this might be the most effective against MK

ICs metagame causes instant stock loss when grabbed. Yay! */end sarcasm

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I personally like using Dthrow ---> Bthrow for Meta.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I don't like Bthrows alot, the timing is insane! I most of the time my timing is just way off.

Me need match up thread but match up thread dead >.>

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Alright, let me ask a few more questions.

1.) What is the most efficient infinite cg to use against DDD, Snake, G&W, Lucario, and Marth?

2.) So against MK, you just b-throw with Popo, then d-throw with Nana, then b-air with Popo, and repeat?

3.) How exactly do you get Popo or Nana to charge a smash when finishing someone off? Be detailed.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord

1.) What is the most efficient infinite cg to use against DDD, Snake, G&W, Lucario, and Marth?

2.) So against MK, you just b-throw with Popo, then d-throw with Nana, then b-air with Popo, and repeat?

3.) How exactly do you get Popo or Nana to charge a smash when finishing someone off? Be detailed.
1. It's hard to say, since I only do Dthrows CGs, I'm gonna say CGs to Dthorws. What CGs suits you best and what "easy" for you to do is the "most efficient" . Just finish them off with Dthrow to Nana's Fair when they're over 40% when they're at the ledge.

2. Bthrow > Dthrow > Repeat I think

3. There are two ways I know currently so you can grab than charge a smash by:

- Slamming the control stick into the direction you want to and charge it
OR
- Charge with the C-Stick

The only problem with the first choice is that you might fail at charging it and atcually throw your opponent in the direction you want to smash it in, half the time this happens to me; half the time I get screwed by failing at it >.>

Samsquamptch

Smash Cadet

1.) Personally I prefer popo back throw -> nana forward throw -> repeat, but some people find back throw -> down throw easier. Just get good at back throws and either forward throws or down throws, whichever comes easier.

2.) No bair, just do it the same as I described above (except faster timing because he is lighter).

3.) IMO the best way (and I believe the most widely used way) is to c-stick a smash like you normally would then hit Z almost immediately afterwords.

When chaingrabbing I often use a mix involving essentially every basic throw variation, f-throws, d-throws, b-throws, nana b-throws to popo pivot grab, etc.

I find my friends get less frustrated about not being able to do anything if I make it more interesting for them to watch :ohwell:

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I do back throw to down throw because the way the AI Ice Climber is positioned after you do so. The AI Ice Climber would be directly on where you stand making the spacing required for down throw to be a lot easier to get. I also do back throw to forward throw because it requires little timing when you do it quickly thanks to DYF for the discovery. ^_^

I always found the back throw from the main Ice Climber to the AI Ice Climber to be very easy because there really is no timing to it... You just press the grab button immediately after you smash back on the control stick. However, sometimes, instead of getting the AI Ice Climber to turn around and grab with no hassle, I end up seeing the AI Ice Climber do a dash grab.

Can anyone explain to me why this happens?

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
I do back throw to down throw because the way the AI Ice Climber is positioned after you do so. The AI Ice Climber would be directly on where you stand making the spacing required for down throw to be a lot easier to get. I also do back throw to forward throw because it requires little timing when you do it quickly thanks to DYF for the discovery. ^_^

I always found the back throw from the main Ice Climber to the AI Ice Climber to be very easy because there really is no timing to it... You just press the grab button immediately after you smash back on the control stick. However, sometimes, instead of getting the AI Ice Climber to turn around and grab with no hassle, I end up seeing the AI Ice Climber do a dash grab.

Can anyone explain to me why this happens?
Perhaps you are holding the control stick too long.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I don't think that was the case. The dash grab the AI Ice Climber made was stationary and completely missed the opponent for some reason. If you want to know what I do, I back throw by tapping the control stick and immediately press the grab button while holding the control stick on the direction of the throw...

Samsquamptch

Smash Cadet
From my experience this happens more on heavies because you have to wait longer before you grab, so I would assume you're grabbing too late.
For heavies I would recommend doing a non-buffered chain grab, without smashing to the control stick (since smashing the stick is the only reason for the dash grab).

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Hmm, I think I know why I do that weird stationary dash grab. Normally when people grab and do a back throw, the AI is too busy grabbing the thin air to be taking in the dashing command so when I input the grabbing command, the AI just takes the command as a direction for walking. Thanks for the tip Samsquamptch... Wow, your name is kind of hard to spell O_O.

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
Hi Guys, I am currently having a problem performing this combo. I am able to catch the back throw with Nana, but after that I'm helpless. What exactly am I supposed to do from there? It says smash control stick in the same direction and grab, but when I do that Popo goes flying forward getting a fistful of air. Is there any chance someone could record your finger motion of the combo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
I'm having no success passing to nana to begin with. I hit Z right after I hit the control stick. i've tried keeping my finger on the stick and i've tried taking it off but still having no luck at all.

is there a specific timing or stage in the throw when i need to press grab?

Top Bottom