• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0-movement 0-death

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
Anyone able to pull it off? Popo sliding forward and getting a fistful of air.

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
I have been pulling this off after I read the post. Just time the second grab right when Nana makes the throwing sound.
I've read the post, but I still can't do it. How are you pulling off the throw? I smash forward on the control stick and grab, but still no luck. How many hours did you practice this before pulling it off, and are you able to do it at will now?

DYF

Smash Cadet
if your having trouble i would start with a light character like meta of falco.
-Do a Bthrow and hit Z as soon as your control stick hits the end (if you press Z too fast nana will roll, too late and you miss)
-as soon as possible tap the controlstick again in the same direction then release and grab. try to grab while there is no imput from the control stick.
-then Bthrow again, and repeat the process

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I've read the post, but I still can't do it. How are you pulling off the throw? I smash forward on the control stick and grab, but still no luck. How many hours did you practice this before pulling it off, and are you able to do it at will now?
O_O, it took me 5 minutes to learn the throw..... I always found Back Throw to be the easiest throw for me since the timing of it was always set to when I tapped the control stick... I did training room and practiced on a Marth if that helps you... Basically pull of the back throw, right when you regrab, hit the control and time the grab just when you hear the noise Nana makes when she does her forward throw. If you want to know my control input it is

Z
Tap the control stick in the opposite direction that the Human Ice Climber is facing
Z immediately after
Tap the control stick again very quickly in one double motion with the first tap of the control stick while putting the Z command between the taps since the tapping is done with the left hand and the Z button with the right hand.
Predict the timing of when the AI Ice Climber is going to release the opponent from the throw since there seems to be a small space of time where the opponent is being throw and release while in the same place.
Then, I repeat.

I did this at the speed of what DYF programmed that Ice Climber in the video did by memorizing the rhythm of the throws and grabs. As I watched the videos of chaingrabbing, I would imagine myself actually doing the grabs and throws on a controller (No, I don't sit in front of the computer and hold an invisible gamecube controller and practice). Then, I tried mimicking the rhythm when I am playing the actual characters in training mode with a Marth at level nine but in neutral mode since Marth is a medium weight. Afterward, when I think I am ready, I would make the Marth go into attack mode and try to practice the grabs on the CPU since CPU's at that level can get out of grabs in the shortest possible amount of time. When I feel I am truly ready, I bring my chaingrab out and make it a part of my playing style.

This is how was able to do most of the chaingrab variations in a 30 minute time period and the advanced techniques of other characters in a relatively short period of time since I practice them in the waiting room while I wait for my opponent to choose his/her character and stage. However, occasionally, I would go back to training room to practice the grabs if I feel as though I am starting to mess up.

The way that I use may not work for you since I am very good at memorization.

Well, I hope all of this answers your question...

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
if your having trouble i would start with a light character like meta of falco.
-Do a Bthrow and hit Z as soon as your control stick hits the end (if you press Z too fast nana will roll, too late and you miss)
-as soon as possible tap the controlstick again in the same direction then release and grab. try to grab while there is no imput from the control stick.
-then Bthrow again, and repeat the process
O_O, it took me 5 minutes to learn the throw..... I always found Back Throw to be the easiest throw for me since the timing of it was always set to when I tapped the control stick... I did training room and practiced on a Marth if that helps you... Basically pull of the back throw, right when you regrab, hit the control and time the grab just when you hear the noise Nana makes when she does her forward throw. If you want to know my control input it is

Z
Tap the control stick in the opposite direction that the Human Ice Climber is facing
Z immediately after
Tap the control stick again very quickly in one double motion with the first tap of the control stick while putting the Z command between the taps since the tapping is done with the left hand and the Z button with the right hand.
Predict the timing of when the AI Ice Climber is going to release the opponent from the throw since there seems to be a small space of time where the opponent is being throw and release while in the same place.
Then, I repeat.

I did this at the speed of what DYF programmed that Ice Climber in the video did by memorizing the rhythm of the throws and grabs. As I watched the videos of chaingrabbing, I would imagine myself actually doing the grabs and throws on a controller (No, I don't sit in front of the computer and hold an invisible gamecube controller and practice). Then, I tried mimicking the rhythm when I am playing the actual characters in training mode with a Marth at level nine but in neutral mode since Marth is a medium weight. Afterward, when I think I am ready, I would make the Marth go into attack mode and try to practice the grabs on the CPU since CPU's at that level can get out of grabs in the shortest possible amount of time. When I feel I am truly ready, I bring my chaingrab out and make it a part of my playing style.

This is how was able to do most of the chaingrab variations in a 30 minute time period and the advanced techniques of other characters in a relatively short period of time since I practice them in the waiting room while I wait for my opponent to choose his/her character and stage. However, occasionally, I would go back to training room to practice the grabs if I feel as though I am starting to mess up.

The way that I use may not work for you since I am very good at memorization.

Well, I hope all of this answers your question...

Thank you both! I'm actually able to do it now! Popo and Nana for Pres and Vice 2008! :chuckle:

Top Bottom