• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

05.16.09-Davie,FL-Back to Basics Tournament 11 (FSC#2)

OverLade

Smash Hero
Me and AFRO had good matches son lolz!!

Eddie I have new number so PM me your number again.

It doesn't matter what character I use MK is just Lee's worst match up period.

-L-
I'm just keepin it real I've seen your vids and I is impressed. You shouldn't lose to any random MK, you should just learn the matchup. Catch up with the current ADHD/NL metagame and you shouldn't have any trouble. MK isn't near as hard to fight as D3.....

I have faith in you. =D

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
I'm just keepin it real I've seen your vids and I is impressed. You shouldn't lose to any random MK, you should just learn the matchup. Catch up with the current ADHD/NL metagame and you shouldn't have any trouble. MK isn't near as hard to fight as D3.....

I have faith in you. =D
RedHalberd Impressed? Lolz. Any ways a lot of people already think that I'm better/smarter. ADHD is better than me vs MK and NL is just good. Remember I still dont take this game seriously, I will after MK is banned.

-Advent-

CO18

Smash Hero

I have faith in you. =D
A character who diddy is disadvantaged against isnt nearly as hard as someone he has the advantage over? That makes alot of sense

Master Raven

Smash Master
MK is not likely to be banned if Genesis winds up being very similar to Apex.

For now just keep working on the matchup. Heck if you want to, come to my place and I'll give you some serious MK training. You can also ask ADHD for advice as he's the best at Diddy vs MK.

OverLade

Smash Hero
RedHalberd Impressed? Lolz. Any ways a lot of people already think that I'm better/smarter. ADHD is better than me vs MK and NL is just good. Remember I still dont take this game seriously, I will after MK is banned.

-Advent-
MK doesnt need to be banned. Seriously.

You could easily be one of the reasons that MK doesn't win in FL. Diddy vs. MK is no doubt an even matchup, or **** close. ADHD has been playing on Wifi for ages, which is why he knows how to fight MK very well. You just need matchup experience. It's not like SFL had many MKs before Seibrik (with MK)/Raven stepped on the scene. Fighting MK is different, not necessarily hard (unless the MK is really good...).

A character who diddy is disadvantaged against isnt nearly as hard as someone he has the advantage over? That makes alot of sense
D3 is still gayer to fight against. =D

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
I am not for or against MK being banned, all I am saying is that I ALWAYS lose to him every tourny.

I do ask ADHD for advice and the rest of Diddy Back Room, but I think my style is too different/wierd so I gotta learn it on my own.

I think ill take you up on that offer Master Raven, especially since Seibrik is the only MK I have to consistently train with.

-133-

nevershootme

Smash Master
I am not for or against MK being banned, all I am saying is that I ALWAYS lose to him every tourny.

I do ask ADHD for advice and the rest of Diddy Back Room, but I think my style is too different/wierd so I gotta learn it on my own.

I think ill take you up on that offer Master Raven, especially since Seibrik is the only MK I have to consistently train with.

-133-
pfft. you have forgotten me now that i'm preparing my mk for the next level and i live minutes to seibrik

MnM

Smash Journeyman

-133-
I've seen some of your vids and you like to use bananas alot. MKs air camping game pretty much rules your entire playstyle out. Get creative.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Here's what you do against Dair camping MKs.

Sit there and wait for them to land.

Punish landing lag.

Repeat.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Here's what you do against Dair camping MKs.

Sit there and wait for them to land.

Punish landing lag.

Repeat.
the thread has now become diddy vs mk matchup now xD

of course redhalberd. its just a game of patience and force of pressure vs momentum.

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
wow...looks like this tournament was big....gah i sooo wish i was there....my dad fails when it comes to taking me somewhere

Lee!!!
if it makes you feel better next time we brawl ill use MK and you can beat it to a pulp with nannerz and f-smashes :D

*is scared of being cg'ed in real life 0_o *

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Me and AFRO had good matches son lolz!!

Eddie I have new number so PM me your number again.

It doesn't matter what character I use MK is just Lee's worst match up period.

-L-
you made me proud in ya set vs. AFRO

your smarter than most smash players so make use of it. the decision u made vs that MK player after the first match wasnt very smart to say the least.

and to all the ppl sayin they'll provide blah blah blah amount of MK exp or whatever that **** dont make no difference. especially since most of yall probly aint even good wtih MK.

once he breaks out of the mental block that he cant deal with MK he'll be fine. the 4-5 attacks in one jump followed by a MK downsmash must be overwhelming lmao

Coffee™

I need it....
I've seen some of your vids and you like to use bananas alot. MKs air camping game pretty much rules your entire playstyle out. Get creative.
Are you serious? I'm definitely if not then one of the most creative Diddy's period lolz. You must have been watching some old vids of me or something. Any ways Dair camping is not the problem I have vs MK. Its the edge guarding and his fast grabs. I already talked to ADHD about the match up though so I have a few new things to try.

-Lee on ravyns account-

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero

your smarter than most smash players so make use of it. the decision u made vs that MK player after the first match wasnt very smart to say the least.

and to all the ppl sayin they'll provide blah blah blah amount of MK exp or whatever that **** dont make no difference. especially since most of yall probly aint even good wtih MK.

once he breaks out of the mental block that he cant deal with MK he'll be fine. the 4-5 attacks in one jump followed by a MK downsmash must be overwhelming lmao
Lee i want u to take this post very seriously, and keep the term mental block in mind every time you come across a new mk.

Peirc'd is a really good atlantic north marth that was convinced he could never beat a good MK in tourny, as it was all he was losing to. Simply hearing/seeing that Neo's marth destroyed me and Dojo's mk's in mm's, gave him such a confidence boost and broke him out of the mental block, and he was able to beat shadow's mk, a mk he had never beaten before in tourny, thebrother of snakeee.

just keep these words in mind and never get discouraged, how long it takes u to defeat mk is all up to you, your effort, and your mind.

the above post can be applied to anyone having any amount of trouble vs any matchup/person.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Lee i want u to take this post very seriously, and keep the term mental block in mind every time you come across a new mk.

Peirc'd is a really good atlantic north marth that was convinced he could never beat a good MK in tourny, as it was all he was losing to. Simply hearing/seeing that Neo's marth destroyed me and Dojo's mk's in mm's, gave him such a confidence boost and broke him out of the mental block, and he was able to beat shadow's mk, a mk he had never beaten before in tourny, thebrother of snakeee.

just keep these words in mind and never get discouraged, how long it takes u to defeat mk is all up to you, your effort, and your mind.

the above post can be applied to anyone having any amount of trouble vs any matchup/person.
Someone sticky this.

Very inspirtational....

And Neo wrecked my **** back when we played in December. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

MnM

Smash Journeyman
Are you serious? I'm definitely if not then one of the most creative Diddy's period lolz. You must have been watching some old vids of me or something. Any ways Dair camping is not the problem I have vs MK. Its the edge guarding and his fast grabs. I already talked to ADHD about the match up though so I have a few new things to try.

-Lee on ravyns account-
Then be patient and play as gay as possible vs MK.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I'll say this, there is no one simple answer to beating mk. If there was i wouldn't have been having as much an easy time with FL as i have been these last few months. it takes time, and effort, and patience to learn everything you can about the matchup, much like the upper 20ish people in atlantic north have, and no one out there was easy, at all.

MnM

Smash Journeyman
I'll say this, there is no one simple answer to beating mk. If there was i wouldn't have been having as much an easy time with FL as i have been these last few months. it takes time, and effort, and patience to learn everything you can about the matchup, much like the upper 20ish people in atlantic north have, and no one out there was easy, at all.
Agreed. But against "campy" MKs, patience plays an important role. It won't guarantee you the win but it helps. Against aggressive MKs...not really sure.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
You guys just need to punch more in that matchup (pick a character with punches)...:027:

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
My Diddy is gonna go SUPER SAIYAN after Seibriks post. But yea ill try to keep that in mind, thanks man.

*Sigh* kinda hard being a melee player but ill try to camp.

Sorry to say but my Set vs AFRO seemed like the best of the whole day, cant wait to see the vids of us ****** each others mind. Both make Chops proud. The vids will take weeks to get uploaded by Will, but I have my tourny matches saved on my SD Card, does anyone have a recorder so I can just get them up now???

-133-

OverLade

Smash Hero
let me correct you

in brawl patience pays an important role. agressive/campy mk's asside.
Concerning this Lee, keep in mind that your characer generally has the upper hand in camping.

I know this sounds gay, but if you can force your opponent to approach, do it. If they're not willing to approach and do something you can punish then make them. Pressure them. Stay as close as possible why you can still camp safely. Spam Peanut gun. Be GAY :bee:.

Approaching your opponent wont always be a problem, but if it is keep in mind that you should always feel safe while you're just sitting there, because it's not like they're going to be pressuring you super hard at that particular moment.

And I'll definelty watch that set vs. Afro. :bee:

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Honestly though, i didnt even play the super campy dair spam mk against lee.
I respect that, and I dont think people are understanding that its not "campy" MK's I have a problem with. Its just MK's in general. Any ways I got some advice from ADHD so I'll try that out soon enough.

-L-

Top Bottom