• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Day...! (New Brawl Site Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Would you just die if he released all of the characters? It's not impossible. Didn't he say he planned on doing so before the game came out?

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Let's go back and remember the site of Smash Bros. Melee, shall we?

For those who remember, when the Smash Bros. Melee site came out, I remember they updated it with a new character every month. I think it was month. It may have been every week, though...

But I think they started with the basic roster and then updated with all of the extra characters once per month or so.
I still remember to this day when I first saw Mewtwo and Dr. Mario and Game and Watch. XD

Anyways, here's my prediction:

They launch the new site in 7 days (duh).

AT launch, they will reveal some kind of release date (or thereabouts).
Though this one is kind of wishful thinking. But it would be seriously smart for them to do so.

They start a character roster page which includes all of the characters we know so far, and they also reveal a new one.
They will periodically update the site after that with a new character.
I would figure either they update every week if they only start with the characters confirmed so far.

So, figure that for the next long while, we'll mostly be seeing rehashed versions of old favorites, and once in a while, they'll reveal a new one--although maybe they'll save all of the new ones for closer to the release.

I'd expect new screenshots and maybe even a new trailer.
If they go the way of the SSBM site, every character page will have some brief video clips showing off some of their moves.

At SOME point, they're also going to have to reveal new gameplay mechanics. When they decide to do that is anyone's guess.

Of course, this entire POST has been an educated guess of sorts. =P
So who knows?

All I know for sure is that after pulling a stunt like this, Nintendo needs to start the hype machine and start revealing new info to our parched mouths. Two trailers in one year and little else to satiate our appetites...we have a hunger to be met.

Zebesian Pirate

Smash Cadet
I hope this news reveals roster additions or new stages, because I want the Australian release date, not the US date. Besides, I've already decided for myself that the US release will take place very late this year and we'll get it early next year. I see no reason why current trends would shift with this release.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Destiny Smasher: Needs Sakurai on it too ;)

I'm gonna go with DS's take on it too, I'm willing to bet tht we get something similar to Melee's launch.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Hush my darling, don't cry my darling, Brawl news creeps tonight...
HUSH my darling, don't cry my darling, the brawl news creeps tonight...

travis.luckiest

Smash Apprentice
But this Panda Gatefinder won't let me in on the official site. It's a protection program that locks certain sites. smashbros.com seems to be one of them.
use an encrypted web proxy to get past programs that control what you can see online ..or find the IP of the site and connect to it through that
(run the command prompt in windows, type ping www.smashbros.com, and it will give you an IP)

i think the reason that they chose this date ..is because it is right around the time that halo 2 for pc and halo 3 beta open ..i mean ..i know that in japan halo isnt nearly as overhyped as it is in the US ..but maybe sakurai and company care about us american gamers
(gay-lo starring master-queef)

anyway ..i was really happy to wake up and see that

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
First Matt confirms that there is going to be a pre E3 Nintendo event next week where the big name titles are going to be on hand, and now this.

Sweet.

Plomid

Smash Ace
Oooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
Vegeta what does the scouter say about the smash hype level?
its asfshsfækhjsæjgaælkdfjSÆKLJDGAÆKD*JGSÞÆFLGjdfæljsdlkgjasðpoikjsdfælakjsdpgoiajcdælbmaifjaælskdnfæosdhfælajsnhdfoðija

Elen

Smash Lord
Sweet. Gonna make my birthday weekend all the better if something comes out of this.

Finigin

Smash Cadet
Sweet! This is amazing! I hope DS is right with his theory. I would like to see some new stages too, though. O.o

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Hmmm... But should we really expect anything... godlike to happen? Count for the worst, so you all don't get massively pissed off when the site gets up.

Plomid

Smash Ace
i cant imagine what the next 7 days or going to be like.......
oh wait I think i can:OMG maybe they will reveal(insert random info about brawl)when the site releases!
The hype is killing me!!!

GenG

Smash Lord
It's 23:30 PM in Japan now. Will the counter change to 6 days at 00:00? Let's wait and see.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
I'm glad I have a lot of things to do this week that are important, which will probably make time go faster until the day hits. =)

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Naturally, news with regard to Brawl just happens to hit teh internets just when I retire for the night... >.<;;;

At any rate, here's hoping that there will be some significant information released this time around, because if it's another "Guess what? Fox is in Brawl!" deal, my head will explode...

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Hmm... It's early morning for you in america now, isn't it? It's in the middle of the day here! That means I can be there when the site opens! :chuckle:

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha.
Yea, pretty much.
I'm hoping for some cool stuff, but I'm not getting my expectations too high.
Then again, if the game really is coming out this year as the N says it is, they really need to start revealing some more info. Like...soon.

Zelda is one thing, but SSB is another.
SSB is a fighting game, and people want to know the new characters before they play the game--most, anyway.
Zelda is a bit different in that regard.
I'm crossin' my fingers and hopin' Nintendo reels us in with this bait they've cast.
I'm bitin'.

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
hm , maybe a video with the rooster (basic one) and some Vs , mario vs snake D:

I just read someone post , you only want to know if WD is in ? FFS guys you ALL WILL BUY THIS GAME , wd in or not.

yay , 6 days X_X

spjd

Smash Apprentice
My heart just skipped 12 beats!
The... The site is getting overhauled??!! I'm.... Speechless!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
**** YEAH!!!!!! =) Awesome! I bet we'll gonna see lots of other characters since I don't believe for a **** that Fox was the only old skool character they've completed so far! Samus was also already confirmed before we saw her in the trailers, so it's possible!

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
Let's go back and remember the site of Smash Bros. Melee, shall we?

For those who remember, when the Smash Bros. Melee site came out, I remember they updated it with a new character every month. I think it was month. It may have been every week, though...

But I think they started with the basic roster and then updated with all of the extra characters once per month or so.
I still remember to this day when I first saw Mewtwo and Dr. Mario and Game and Watch. XD

Anyways, here's my prediction:

They launch the new site in 7 days (duh).

AT launch, they will reveal some kind of release date (or thereabouts).
Though this one is kind of wishful thinking. But it would be seriously smart for them to do so.

They start a character roster page which includes all of the characters we know so far, and they also reveal a new one.
They will periodically update the site after that with a new character.
I would figure either they update every week if they only start with the characters confirmed so far.

So, figure that for the next long while, we'll mostly be seeing rehashed versions of old favorites, and once in a while, they'll reveal a new one--although maybe they'll save all of the new ones for closer to the release.

I'd expect new screenshots and maybe even a new trailer.
If they go the way of the SSBM site, every character page will have some brief video clips showing off some of their moves.

At SOME point, they're also going to have to reveal new gameplay mechanics. When they decide to do that is anyone's guess.

Of course, this entire POST has been an educated guess of sorts. =P
So who knows?

All I know for sure is that after pulling a stunt like this, Nintendo needs to start the hype machine and start revealing new info to our parched mouths. Two trailers in one year and little else to satiate our appetites...we have a hunger to be met.
i don't think they would start with the confirmed ones but then again i could be wrong.....oh and finally we got something to look forward to...6 more days!!!!!!

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think they would start with the confirmed ones--meaning the confirmed characters will ALREADY be there on the site.

And duh, I just realized why the symbol is the same--it must be "days" in Japanese.
Meaning it's technically like 6.5 days for us still.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
dude now my hopes are screaming for new info. I say if no new info is given (highly doubt it) we riot and force new info but new overhaul so i will commence jumping into every wall and yelling to all my buddies of new information, so excuse me for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom