• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Day...! (New Brawl Site Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
So whens it opening in Australia? Like 4 in the morning?... seriously though.. its 11am right now.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman

It'll be past midnight for someone regardless of the time.
Yah true - But it looks like Japan will get it around 4pm, America 9pm - and that leaves good ole' Britain at the time of 2am - maybe later if the relese is later.

This better be worth the wait lol

travis.luckiest

Smash Apprentice
Stop double posting, and character discussion goes in the *gasp* character discussion forum.
also ..a lot of the things ethan rodgers is saying could be done in personal messages
example: "[username], do you think [charactername] should be in brawl"

anyway ..the entire site with all of the information that we are all waiting for is most likely already made ..there is probably something in the PHP or HTML or maybe even something outside of source codes that automatically refers us to the real site after the countdown hits zero

IF
for some ungodly reason sakurai or someone wanted to change the time the site would really open, he would put a notice on the site now ..or expect a plummet in PR (which nintendo boasts)

Necro Pit

Smash Cadet
Wow, Necro Pit, you are my new best friend. :chuckle::lick::psycho::laugh:
why thank you.
Although I'm disappointed with the whole time thing it actually kind of hyps me up even more and now I am going to drink 5 cans of mountain dews in 5 min.
Wooooooooooooooooopiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :psycho: :psycho: :psycho: :psycho:

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
realising that japan is 1 hour behind Australia.... and New York is 10 hours behind Australia >.<.. WHEN DO I NEED TO BE ONLINE EIRGHOEIHRGGBLAJ

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
IF for some ungodly reason sakurai or someone wanted to change the time the site would really open, he would put a notice on the site now ..or expect a plummet in PR (which nintendo boasts)
A time was never set. Just a day. The counter has been counting down DAYS. I'll quote myself from another thread...

It counted down the days left at the start of every day (midnight in Japan). There is still 1 day left and there will be, indeed, 0 days left at midnight tonight... which just means that the site will reopen on that day, not necessarily at the same time the day counter was updated.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well only 26 hours to go then.

we can put the AT's to rest....
We can always practice our explosions in Melee! So with the time change, we have a little bit less than 26 hours to go. We can all go play SSB64, Goldeneye 007, SSBM, Chrono Trigger, FFVI, or Earthbound. The choice is yours...;)

@ Necro Pit
Don't kill yourself chugging those! ;)

Master Peach

Smash Ace
FINALLY I'VE CAUGHT UP WITH ALL THE MOST RECENT POST!!!!!! Jesus you people post alot. I was reading the post from page 69 to now. I'm glad that i've caught up. right now on my clock it say 9:04. Dang I spent almost 2 hours reading. Anew record!!! But seriously don't you people have anything else better to do right now. You must be bored out of your minds if your still posting on this thread.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
realising that japan is 1 hour behind Australia.... and New York is 10 hours behind Australia >.<.. WHEN DO I NEED TO BE ONLINE EIRGHOEIHRGGBLAJ

if the site is updated in Japan's afternoon, then that means it'll be in the afternoon for you as well.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
FINALLY I'VE CAUGHT UP WITH ALL THE MOST RECENT POST!!!!!! Jesus you people post alot. I was reading the post from page 69 to now. I'm glad that i've caught up. right now on my clock it say 9:04. Dang I spent almost 2 hours reading. Anew record!!! But seriously don't you people have anything else better to do right now. You must be bored out of your minds if your still posting on this thread.
Bored, but still playing FFVI ROM! ;) Seriously Master Peach, stop tempting me to say a 69 joke=can't resissssttt....Took me forever to catch up, gone 5 hours at a A's Giants' game, and looky, 40 pages=wtf????=??? Luckily I was smart and just skimmed over the randomly blabbering that I would usually be doing! :laugh: (switches to Link's Awakening ROM=finally found it!) :)

Necro Pit

Smash Cadet
We can always practice our explosions in Melee! So with the time change, we have a little bit less than 26 hours to go. We can all go play SSB64, Goldeneye 007, SSBM, Chrono Trigger, FFVI, or Earthbound. The choice is yours...;)

@ Necro Pit
Don't kill yourself chugging those! ;)
I'm *gulp* not making *gulp* any pro *almost chokes and spits it out* mises.
*coughs for 2 min.* _[]o
Maybe I should just have one can. :urg: :urg: :urg:

travis.luckiest

Smash Apprentice
alright ..i think the only solution to this is to wait until tomorrow and see what happens
..so i think i'm done posting on this until then
..unless someone just says something totally ******** ..then i'll call them out and make fun of them so my e***** gets bigger

..?! they * out pen15?!

pesticide

Smash Lord
also ..a lot of the things ethan rodgers is saying could be done in personal messages
example: "[username], do you think [charactername] should be in brawl"

anyway ..the entire site with all of the information that we are all waiting for is most likely already made ..there is probably something in the PHP or HTML or maybe even something outside of source codes that automatically refers us to the real site after the countdown hits zero

IF
for some ungodly reason sakurai or someone wanted to change the time the site would really open, he would put a notice on the site now ..or expect a plummet in PR (which nintendo boasts)
does this mean that the real site is already done and may be a HTML like www.smashbros.com/__________ ?

start putting in random html! :p

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
this time yesterday it was on 2 days... at 12am this morning it was on 2 days!... AT 1:30 IN THE MORNING IT WAS AT 2 DAYS! It's been counting down after 1:30 at least everynight since the countdown started.. I've been keeping my eye on it.

I havent seen it change from one day to the next though... I tend to fall asleep after 1:30

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Actually^^^ That's possible, pesticide.
And Chidosengan, EST will be at 11 PM

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
finished
update5-22-07
complete
final

Stuff like that. More that I think about it though, I don't think they would be that stupid.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
everyone should just wait until tomorrow for the big news and stop talking about the japan time it doesn't matter because everyone on this board will find out sooner or later

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
They're not going to have seperate url's for it till the site has been updated.. which is at a specific time.. It might even have a "down for construction" period.

We have to wait... DO YOU KNOW WOT THAT MEANS GUYS.. IF ITS 2 DAYS AT 1:30 IN TEH MORNING STILL IN AUSTRALIA... THAT MEANS JAPAN IS WAITING UP PAST MIDNIGHT FOR THE WEBSITE CHANGE!. OMG

Personally I think Sakurai is a clever **** and has put in php coding to release the site at 4 in the morning no matter where you are in the world.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ Well I had too many peanuts (no pun intended), so my throat is making those wierd noises=lol! One or two cans is good=lol=very nice!

Overall this move is a grreat bussiness move, and gets us even more hyped. See, it is already working=bussiness tricks done by Nintendo!

Keige

Smash Journeyman
Wow. I leave for an hour or two playing FFIX on my PSP (yay!) and a bunch of more pages come up! And now the 12 hour thing is confirmed? NOOO!!! At least it gives me more time to reach 200 posts...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^=prefect bussiness (poor Eurpoe, some of Asia, and Africa=not good for them), and definitely helps us here in NA and SA with the times. Ya pretty much what Harliart and cyberdemon said...

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lLlLllLlLlLlLllllLllLllLlLlllLlLLllLllLLllLlllLllllLllllll

boredom kills people.
I need to freeze myself!

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Here in eastern time it updates at 10 AM

ugh im gonna be at school tomorrow. im gonna have to check when i get home first thing!!!!
Ugh me too. It'll actually be better for me though. If it were updated at 12:00, I would have checked it out and been too excited to get a good night's spleep, causing me to be all tired the next day, and unable to concentrate on school, because I'm so excited.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Feels like Christmas eve.
A lot of things will feel like Christmas and Christmas eve between now and the release date.

Now, tomorrow, the announving of the release date, the day it's released, any news between now and then. Ut was hard enough for some people to wait 7 days for the site, what will happen if he announces a release date that ends up being 4 months from now? People will explode in anticipation.

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lLlLllLlLlLlLllllLllLllLlLlllLlLLllLllLLllLlllLllllLllllll

boredom kills people.
I need to freeze myself!
You've been watching too much south park, haven't you?

So anyways, to sum it all up, the update will be on Tuesday at 11 PM, am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom