• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
^awesome, want it :D

also im gonna try to be more active in the chat so i can learn more things.

also wat rich brown said about not jumping vs falco is some of the best match up advise iv ever heard :D

Llumys

Smash Champion
@ RichBrown

After watching quite a few of your videos uploaded on Bigfoot's channel, I noticed something. It seems when you try to use your chain offensively, you accidentally turn around and use the chain in he wrong direction. Of course, these videos are fairly old. I believe some of them were from May '09. In case you don't know, the chain has quite a big turn-around window, so you have to wait some time before drifting backwards for spacing, etc. If anyone else has this problem, I hope this helped.

Noa.

Smash Master
I like to do a shorthop UpB, then fall away from my opponent. They rush in to try to punish and I fsmash them. Doesn't work on good people or those who know the Oli matchup, but it's useful for the people who think they can punish UpB's landing lag.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Llumys: When do I do this? I don't feel like going back and watching all those old vids right now lol. They actually aren't too old, May was only a few months ago.

I'm gonna start training hard soon again, I've hardly played this past month because I've been so busy with other crap, but I do spend time thinking about the game, like whenever I'm driving or something, and I have all kinds of ideas. I know the time away has eliminated any bad habits I might have fallen into, and with some good training I'll be back to consistent top 5 again :D

Llumys

Smash Champion
Uhm, I can only remember one specific video, and it was when you were playing doubles with Bigfoot on Rainbow Cruise.

Possibly the one video where you 0-death a MK?

RichBrown

Smash Master
Haha that video was good times

I don't really have that problem I don't think, maybe I did it here and there by accident. Fuuuuck I really need to play again lol

Llumys

Smash Champion
@ Rich

Yeah, that video was hilarious. It's obvious you did it accidentally, considering if you didn't turn around your chain would've come close to hitting.

@ Noa

Lol, yeah.

@ Hilt

Thanks for just giving me a warning. I didn't actually think that would be considered minor flaming.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I figured you didn't, which is why I kept it at an infraction.

One qualification for flaming:

If it's clear the intent of a post is to hurt another member, it's flaming.
Try to keep from insulting someone who wouldn't realize it's a joke(whether it's a joke or not).People who are unfamiliar to the Olimar Boards may not feel welcome or comfortable when people start insulting them and calling them gay constantly, as soon as they show up.

RichBrown

Smash Master
I played brawl for a long time for the first time in like 3 weeks, it felt soooo good. I'm playing even more different than how I used to, although I suddenly acquired bad airdodging habits hahaha.

RichBrown

Smash Master
LOL, that's actually a really good idea! I cleansed myself of my airdodging habits almost a year ago, but then I took 3 weeks off and I kept airdodging. But I blame it on rust, the habit will be gone next time I sit down to play.

asob4

Smash Champion
yay free rave tomorrow :]]

i strongly suggest someone from oli boards make your way to nocturnal festival in san bernardino :]]]
i'm gonna go!!!

Llumys

Smash Champion
I'm going to a tournament next weekend, and I'll try to record as much as I can. I have an SD card with portable codes and infinite replays, but I can't use 'em unless my opponent agrees and the Wii has no custom stages on it. Regardless, I'll be using Olimar, Falco, and Marth.

Noa.

Smash Master
How do we get more people on these boards? >.>

And those who haven't inputted much into the Snake matchup discussion should.

DVM

Smash Rookie
How do we get more people on these boards? >.>

And those who haven't inputted much into the Snake matchup discussion should.
Well you can count one more on these boards, I'm new to posting here but I have always mained oli and have been reading the forums for a while. Time to get in on the action lol.

DVM

Smash Rookie
I didn't get a chance to fight him in my fist tourny, but the second one I was close but I did end up losing =( And those are the first two tournaments I have ever been to lol, so im still warming up =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom