• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10/17 Gigabits Orlando, Florida: The Legend of Redhalberd

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
LOL inui, did you name search urself and this thread came up cuz we said the word "johns" ?

or did u simply search "johns" to see who's competing in your league?

Mampam

Smash Ace
lol, so basically, a nobody won this tourney?

kingdom hearts 3 starring:

Random Nobody Redhalberd
halzy ain't no nobody
everyone knew who he was, just some were unsure of how good he was
but others knew for sure

i of course.......... =D

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
dx,mm goood shxt red. you gottta come to winterfest and reppp FL and ripp all the other mkss :laugh:

hrnut: your picking up mk??? thats disappointing dawggg
are grand finals uploaded yet?

CO18

Smash Hero
u have no idea what i meant

"halberd" stopped using mk and we beat u guys in dubs, thats what im talking about, i dont care about me

u john too much, i bet if u lose to hal at wato ur gonna have another excuse

i know u didnt say this about mk when seibrik was dominating

what? u cant except that fact that theres another mk even better?
Actually, Hrnut said this ALL THE TIME when seibrik was winning with mk lol.

And halberd being better at mk dittos =/= being a better mk.

Mampam

Smash Ace
Actually, Hrnut said this ALL THE TIME when seibrik was winning with mk lol.

And halberd being better at mk dittos =/= being a better mk.
i think we all at gigs agree he is

he cant go to wato, so the deal is posponed

-!-

Smash Lord
dittos are dittos... *Yawns*

I really wanna see the results of Winterfest and see who places what o_O hopefully Red does make it to Repp. and see what's what >_>

btw Red thanks for the videos, apart from the mirror matches... there where a couple good ones... Doubles should be more fun to watch though :)

Life After Death

Smash Champion
hairynuts stop making excuses ur suppose be playing to learn. ur mentality is stll wack if ur still making excuses u gotta learn to take losses like a man. and ull be in the mood to play mroe if u werent always thinkin about winning thast why u give up so easily. campers dont knwo wat to to about camping

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
hairynuts stop making excuses ur suppose be playing to learn. ur mentality is stll wack if ur still making excuses u gotta learn to take losses like a man. and ull be in the mood to play mroe if u werent always thinkin about winning thast why u give up so easily. campers dont knwo wat to to about camping
I'm not mad at all that i lost, i'm just saying its mk....still think seibriks a better mk/player overall, halberds good though

i'm fine with the loss i just don't want halberd going all out saying he beat legitimatley when spammer lost to me; when the fight vs spammer had alot of diffent circumstances.

about the teams camping thing, it made me realize how mindless you can play and still win (quadruple grenades and double c4s are too good) real smart players.

but alright chops i'm putting all my other characters on the backburner to fully main snake again i'll secondary falco and marth now, or maybe meta...

nah :laugh:

@halberd-no matter how many times someone tries to prove to me mk isn't ******** it gets trumped when i see a good player lose to an mk event, like really dumb stuff that only mk could do

@mampam-lmao the only reason that he stopped using mk was because you guys couldn't win the fight you guys kept getting wrecked lol even when i played my week old d3 :laugh:

Life After Death

Smash Champion
who cares wat he says lol it just means ur worrying about wat poeple think too much its just a distraction if ur stressing over the little things it means ur worrying too much and that cud distract u in tourney amtches. u should just let ur actions do the talking.

redhal is definitely as good as seibrik wen it comes to smart but seibrik has more exp in general though

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
*watches a bunch of gigs vids*

o.O redhal is the safest and most riskiest son of a ***** ive ever seen play brawl.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I'm not mad at all that i lost, i'm just saying its mk....still think seibriks a better mk/player overall, halberds good though

i'm fine with the loss i just don't want halberd going all out saying he beat legitimatley when spammer lost to me; when the fight vs spammer had alot of diffent circumstances.

about the teams camping thing, it made me realize how mindless you can play and still win (quadruple grenades and double c4s are too good) real smart players.

but alright chops i'm putting all my other characters on the backburner to fully main snake again i'll secondary falco and marth now, or maybe meta...

nah :laugh:

@halberd-no matter how many times someone tries to prove to me mk isn't ******** it gets trumped when i see a good player lose to an mk event, like really dumb stuff that only mk could do

@mampam-lmao the only reason that he stopped using mk was because you guys couldn't win the fight you guys kept getting wrecked lol even when i played my week old d3 :laugh:
Double D3>double snake. HRNut proved that to me :)

Dark Dolo

Smash Cadet
This. I think HRNUT just needs to open his eyes and see Hal's freshness.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
who cares wat he says lol it just means ur worrying about wat poeple think too much its just a distraction if ur stressing over the little things it means ur worrying too much and that cud distract u in tourney amtches. u should just let ur actions do the talking.

redhal is definitely as good as seibrik wen it comes to smart but seibrik has more exp in general though
you're right chops i'm done with this, i'm trying to get better at the game but i'm starting to hate it at the same time...i'm done with this quarrel though, i've proven what i can do so there is no need to talk anymore, i won't evey give an mk any credit though cuz i never have and never will, he's a ******** characters and nothing's gonna change my opinion about that, just like i think ice climbers are dumb

OverLade

Smash Hero
you're right chops i'm done with this, i'm trying to get better at the game but i'm starting to hate it at the same time...i'm done with this quarrel though, i've proven what i can do so there is no need to talk anymore, i won't evey give an mk any credit though cuz i never have and never will, he's a ******** characters and nothing's gonna change my opinion about that, just like i think ice climbers are dumb
Im not understanding.

I probably know the MK vs. Snake matchup better than you do from playing Mampam. I have no doubt you could beat me/Seibrik in tournament as Snake if you actually took advantage of every aspect of the metagame. You barely even use things like reverse nading in the air that could help you avoid getting juggled. Dont john when the matchup is that close to even. I can gimp the hell out of snakes but I've played many snakes who nearly beat me because they dont get gimped and come back with good reads when they take a lot of damage.

Lets practice the matchup next time we play. You have to OUTSMART me to win. I think you're just getting frustrated because of the nature of the character.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
The more I play the MK vs. Snake matchup, the better I think it is for MK...but I'm not sure. Snake has what it takes to make it even.

OverLade

Smash Hero
The more I play the MK vs. Snake matchup, the better I think it is for MK...but I'm not sure. Snake has what it takes to make it even.
I agree with the bolded. Snake players must take advantage of every tactic possible. Snake must know a lot more to excel in this matchup. But given that both players understand their character at the highest level I believe it's even. Even a lot of good/top snake players don't reverse nade/footstool nado/use release grab kills/setups/use moves like Dair that are downright BROKEN. If you could dair everytime you read a sidestep/roll instead of just grab, you wouldn't complain about how much damage you were able to do. Also, a lot of snake players could camp a lot harder than they do. Try cooking your nades. Try jumping and throwing your nades. Snake has so many different options in this matchup, it's understandable that it's difficult to grasp but at the same time if it's available and you're not using it, it's you're fault that you're losing.

I also I think Falcos options are "good enough" to go even with MK. He doesnt have offense options for everything, but his defensive options are more than good enough, he just has to be more selective about punishments. Some people might try to shield tornado if they can't react to beat it out with an attack (applies to any character), but when MK retreats they try and punish the landing. MK has mad options if he lands Nado correctly. Sometimes it's safer to get a better position but not go for punishment. Having an option for something is sometimes simply avoiding it, not fighting back. If you can avoid it successfully in any scenario, then it's a valid mix up, even if the punishment is small/nonexistant.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
diddy is still best character in the game

i just suck with him

but now i suck alittle less than before.

and lol @ at the past few pages of the thread

PolMex23

Smash Champion
MK is lame yes. ICs I guess too but ICs dont even need the chaingrab sometimes so...

Where is the brackets or full results?

I dont remember If me an zmt placed 5th or 7th

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
i think ally beats mk
not snake beats mk LOl
I HOPE YOU GET IT LOL
BUT imo MK Has an advantage on snake. actually i think it has the advantge on every charecterrr but thats just me

M@v

Subarashii!
O_o. Dam. Didn't know RedHalberd was that good.
I guess that is one more person I have to try and play during my several months in Florida ^_^.

Top Bottom