• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10/29/2009 Gigabits - Rest In Peace

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Gigs is where I attended my first tournament.
Gigs is where I attended most of my tournaments.
Gigs is where I met strangers who would in the future become my friends.
Gigs is where my memories of smash lie.

This is very disheartening and sad. Gigs, you will be missed. :(

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
meh, the last few gigs that i went to blew **** anyways

that sucks for them but let's use this as an opportunity to host better ****

황미영

Smash Champion
Even though I never really had a long history with them, they were indeed a good place for tournaments. It's where I had my first Brawl tournament! (My first Melee was in 2005 at the local LAN center xD) I got to meet some purrty cool people and get my *** owned in Brawl and Melee. xD

Good luck to them! :3

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Tomorrow, a lot of the guys are getting together for a meeting. There are two potential people who might be able to take off from where Gigs left off. If that goes through, then we can keep the center AND the staff that currently keeps Gigs tournaments going strong. It's a slight possibility, but I'll let you guys know ASAP once the meeting is done and more news comes in from these new potential buyers. In the best case scenario, it will go under new management and perhaps a new name.

As for events - I plan on being there for the big ones. I still want to do Otronicon, and as soon as I get more information about this event, I will let you guys know how it will be done. Chances are it will be just like a Gigs tournament (double elim, MLG rulings, etc.). The big thing I'm trying to push for is more impressive prize support. In the worst scenario, I won't be representing Gigabits but only myself. That might open things up for some new possibilities however..

Anyhow. You guys are my favorites by far. I'll keep you guys in the loop and updated as things develop in the next couple of days. I would offer up a chance to donate to help keep the center alive but you guys already gave enough. Wish us luck! Cause there sure as hell isn't going to be any HK tournaments coming around. They've proven to be a little in it for themselves, don't you think?

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
gigabits...

So many great tournaments were held at this place... I really hope there's some way for gigabits to pull through.... If not, then thank you very much for allowing me to enjoy so many tournaments and experience some great times with lots of great people. And good luck to all who were employed ay gigabits

vericz

Smash Champion
Cecil I love you. Try to find a way to keep hosting tournaments!

in the meanwhile, yes, WATOs will have higher attendance, and I am implementing $10 fees for all since (for now) WATO is replacing monthly-ish Gigabits tournaments.
man you need window blinds, AC!!, and onle $$$$$$$$$$5!!!!!!!!

Nubbin it up,

LOL at everyone wanting to host tourneys, not you hbox but you still a nub anyway

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
WOW, Gigs got WRECKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha

but that sucks though, I was one of the smashers that was there at gigabits #1. like zoro said, it was going to be a FFA with all stages on random and items, thats whe i brought a copy of the MLG ruleset and they implemented it right then and there. Ever since, I went pretty regularly to the melee events, too good! I did have a lot of fun playing melee there for all this time. I got 4th my first tourney there! LOL! after all this time, i'm still a nub though, i wish my sheik and falco were nasty already.

Good luck in keeping gigs alive, I hope it does for the sake of all the staff that's been there for so long.

Cecil, your too good man!!!

peace

-misshiroshi

Truuaa

Smash Apprentice
R.I.P Gigabits

This makes me..soo sad... i also attended the first gigs ever held with hiroshi..which was my worst cuz i had a stomach virus and i owned that bathroom but enough of that xD anyways... WATO WILL be holding more tournies to reform this catastrophe that has bestowed upon us...ANYWAYS AGAIN....

hbox- Although i DID tell you about the new venue that was found...it was actually D-Torr that told me about it...so really...D-Torr found it xDD and told me...and i told you... so we can all three just go for it xD but yeah..for everyone else.........

NEW POSSIBLE VENUE!!!

I still have to go check it out but im very sure we can cut a deal with these LAN peeps and host melee/brawl tournaments there...lets just hope for the best but for now...WATO and VSA will be holding it down in CFL...so keep your heads high for these cuz they r gonna be nasteee -faps fimgers-

again RIP gigs you will be missed..

Cecil- i miss you man...come back to us wherever lol

- uuaa

Loto

Smash Ace
This made me sad last night when I saw it on fearless's laptop but couldn't post. Hopefully the new hope comes through, lol.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I found a LAN center 30 minutes away that I'm talking to about hosting tourneys.

MWFLbits anyone?

Zoro

Smash Champion
Im afraid of tampa everytime ive been there the tournament have been pretty ****ty

Even when brawl just came out and it was super hyped up mankos tourney had like 20 people go to it. While Hard knocks in orlando had like 120 the next weekend and more people wanted to enter but couldnt.

one time we drove out there and there was like 5 people at a melee tournament we went to (before brawl came out)
so im really reluctant to go down there now

at least at wato you know there will be at least like 9 people from the wato crew alone..
But go for it anyways you never know maybe itll be the new ****

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
My moments on gigs

-tried to sell chocolate to everyone there
-interviewd professional smashers
-try to enter for free
-Went one on one with Scar in front of his fans and the likes
-almost beat desert king
-invented the *energyzer* lucas technique where lucas absorb's waddle do's energy.
-lots of falcon dittos
-meet new friends and the likes.

yea...I feel like crap now -_-;

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
Im never gonna forget the 100+ ppl tourney that a certain sonic player stalled/unseeded pools/lasted till 6AM/ and me and masky almost crashed and saw ghosts in the road. It was great!

Gigs will be missed.

Shadowex3

Smash Apprentice
My moments on gigs

-tried to sell chocolate to everyone there
-interviewd professional smashers
-try to enter for free
-Went one on one with Scar in front of his fans and the likes
-almost beat desert king
-invented the *energyzer* lucas technique where lucas absorb's waddle do's energy.
-lots of falcon dittos
-meet new friends and the likes.

yea...I feel like crap now -_-;
-Killed, hard, by multiple 9's/misfires in a row thanks to Ecky
-Killed ecky entirely through the use of the shine
-JV4stocked by darkfalchion in under 2 minutes
-Placed in the F#@% pool in singles
-"L CANCEL YER WAVEDASHIZZZ!"
-Invented team C0ck and B@lls.

RIP gigs.

Frames

DI
tampa sucks plz do not try and make tampa the new cfl

i kno where poinciana is and that sux too LOL

we just need to get some money and open up a venue in orlando where we can get mad tournaments

OverLade

Smash Hero
TAMPA is horrible for smash tournies! They've all sucked lol. i remember that 5 man melee tourney zoro lol.

those dumb tampons! GET WRECKED!

-misshiroshi
Umad?

tampa sucks plz do not try and make tampa the new cfl

i kno where poinciana is and that sux too LOL

we just need to get some money and open up a venue in orlando where we can get mad tournaments
I wont be trying to make it the new gigs, chances are I'll be hosting and I'll only host Brawl unless demand for Melee comes up.

Sciddadle its called PNP LAN and it's in Largo to my knowledge.

vericz

Smash Champion
This makes me..soo sad... i also attended the first gigs ever held with hiroshi..which was my worst cuz i had a stomach virus and i owned that bathroom but enough of that xD anyways... WATO WILL be holding more tournies to reform this catastrophe that has bestowed upon us...ANYWAYS AGAIN....

hbox- Although i DID tell you about the new venue that was found...it was actually D-Torr that told me about it...so really...D-Torr found it xDD and told me...and i told you... so we can all three just go for it xD but yeah..for everyone else.........

NEW POSSIBLE VENUE!!!

I still have to go check it out but im very sure we can cut a deal with these LAN peeps and host melee/brawl tournaments there...lets just hope for the best but for now...WATO and VSA will be holding it down in CFL...so keep your heads high for these cuz they r gonna be nasteee -faps fimgers-

again RIP gigs you will be missed..

Cecil- i miss you man...come back to us wherever lol

- uuaa
what venue???

and you guys are DUMB! Just get iNet to host tournies

IGT man.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
So I heard you LIKED Twilight Showdown...

;_;
yea the twilight showdowns were straight tournies. i had some good times there too i guess.

what venue???

and you guys are DUMB! Just get iNet to host tournies

IGT man.
My iGT series can continue if I just start getting saturdays off again. You guys should just go and talk to phil, the only reason why there isnt any smash there is because I havent talked to him. every smash tourney he did was because of me telling him to do one. If you kissimmee players just speak up he'll most likely host them again. Im just too busy with my business to worry about smash tournies.

-misshiroshi

Top Bottom