• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10/29/2009 Gigabits - Rest In Peace

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Ok,

The meeting took -forever- today. However we did cover a lot of stuff. First and foremost, the Gigabits name will no longer exist. The company will sell all of it's assets. The good part about this is that we have two potential local buyers (relatives of two regulars at Giga) who are willing to buy off all the equipment and move into a new location in the UCF-Fullsail area. Just about ALL of the Giga staff will be working at this place and it will save all of the tournament and user data from Gigabits. This is at least what we are aiming to do. As always I will keep you guys informed right as information passes my way that I am allowed to disclose. On the bright side I will still be hosting all of the events for Otronicon this year AND for the new center whenever it opens up. So long story short Gigabits is most likely changing name, location, and management if our Orlando investors pull through. If that doesn't pull through then most of the equipment will go towards some centers out in Lakeland and other areas that are about 30m-1h away from Gigs. Orlando smash must go on!

vericz

Smash Champion
Ok,

The meeting took -forever- today. However we did cover a lot of stuff. First and foremost, the Gigabits name will no longer exist. The company will sell all of it's assets. The good part about this is that we have two potential local buyers (relatives of two regulars at Giga) who are willing to buy off all the equipment and move into a new location in the UCF-Fullsail area. Just about ALL of the Giga staff will be working at this place and it will save all of the tournament and user data from Gigabits. This is at least what we are aiming to do. As always I will keep you guys informed right as information passes my way that I am allowed to disclose. On the bright side I will still be hosting all of the events for Otronicon this year AND for the new center whenever it opens up. So long story short Gigabits is most likely changing name, location, and management if our Orlando investors pull through. If that doesn't pull through then most of the equipment will go towards some centers out in Lakeland and other areas that are about 30m-1h away from Gigs. Orlando smash must go on!
hopefully, man

OverLade

Smash Hero
Its because tampa is bad when it comes to tournaments.
I'm wondering which hosts or which tournaments you're basing this data off of. :bee:

"Tampa" tournaments, aka hosted by tampa players, never happen, and the last one to happen (the house tournament I hosted back in december) was a huge success. Play and Trade/Twilight Showdown arent technically tampa tournaments.

You're basically saying there's no potential for a good tournament in Tampa. Just nobody's gone out of their way to actually TRY AND HOST a good tournament.

vericz

Smash Champion
I'm wondering which hosts or which tournaments you're basing this data off of. :bee:

"Tampa" tournaments, aka hosted by tampa players, never happen, and the last one to happen (the house tournament I hosted back in december) was a huge success. Play and Trade/Twilight Showdown arent technically tampa tournaments.

You're basically saying there's no potential for a good tournament in Tampa. Just nobody's gone out of their way to actually TRY AND HOST a good tournament.
Twilights showdowns were pretty decent, by the way i only go to melee, so i dont know about brawl

TANK64

Smash Lord
:(whaaat..... Gigs is like THE benchmark for smash tournaments.
It's humble sized, but some of the best smasher have thrown down in there.
I now regret not going to the last few. I didn't realize it might be my last chance.
I hope things work out. If not- R.I.P. Gigs

Oh, and about Tampa lol....you're joking right:chuckle::chuckle:
Orlando would 4 stock Tampa

lamugi

Smash Lord
Lol all this tampa hate, **** that **** tampa's mad legit, yall be some hating *** *****z. Tampa>Cfl........in brawl. I don't play either game anymore but i'm not going to allow this hatred for tampa.

Mickey69

Smash Apprentice
Im never gonna forget the 100+ ppl tourney that a certain sonic player stalled/unseeded pools/lasted till 6AM/ and me and masky almost crashed and saw ghosts in the road. It was great!

Gigs will be missed.
Mind games

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
I beg to differ. I think a Tampa crew needs to challenge cfl to a crew battle.

O wait, I just did

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
k, I Have 2 Stocks Left And Everyone Else In Cfl Hasnt Played Yet. Next?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhhahahahahahhahahahahahhahhahahahah
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhhahahahahahhahahahahahhahhahahahah

OverLade

Smash Hero
K, I have 2 stocks left and everyone else in CFL hasnt played yet. Next?
:laugh: in ur dreams ***.

RedHal with 20 stocks vs CFL with 20 stocks

kgolol

Tampa is cool though, guy guys just need to meet us
Its not a matter of Tampa being cool its a matter of Tampa being a crappy region, which is definetly is.

In a crew battle we would get ***** because Im our best player and a handful of people in CFL can get me down to one stock (not CO18 though because that dudes garb :)).

Tampa Crew would probably be at best
Me, Ganja, Polmex, Wonderbread, Ed

CFL crew would at best be
CO18, HRNUT, GDX, Hungrybox, Radix

It wouldn't be too pretty lol.

Frames

DI
Lol all this tampa hate, **** that **** tampa's mad legit, yall be some hating *** *****z. Tampa>Cfl........in brawl. I don't play either game anymore but i'm not going to allow this hatred for tampa.
shut up lamugi tampa sux the only cool part of tampa is u and the g1 crew LOL

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Attention:

If anyone from Orlando/FL wants to go to ROM2, please contact me.

My stepdad has a free ONE-WAY ticket from Southwest Airlines; so basically you can get a round trip ticket for HALF PRICE. Since its his ticket he chose the flight, according which one is the cheapest and which one is closest to my flight, so me and "said FL person" can meet up at the airport (LGA)/

In other, simpler words, give me $100 and I can GUARANTEE you a ROUND TRIP from ORLANDO (MCO) to NEW YORK (LGA).

The dillemma is, as I have currently stated, that I have to choose someone. One person from all of Florida (since my brother, who was originally going to go with me, has a test on that weekend and can't go), I have to choose to go with me. Basically they would pay $100 and take a slightly earlier flight, arrive at LGA and wait ~1 hour for me there. Then we would meet up, and get picked up/housed by Dj Nintendo/Lambchops.

So here's the solution: I HATE picking people. Which is why whoever has the $100 (which is an incredible round trip deal) has a higher chance of going (I don't want my stepdad to give any more money than what he already gave with a FREE FLIGHT)

People have said I should take certain people, namely a top player or Frames (who I was originnally planning to go with), but like I said I hate picking. I will see who has the money, and decide from there.

I NEED TO BOOK THE FLIGHT (ONCE I HAVE A CONFIMED FL PLAYER W/ THE $100) IN A FEW DAYS OR ELSE THE DEAL BECOMES VOID!! CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY!!

- :D

Top Bottom