• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SPMII (Game over, mafia win in a bloody finale!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
Welcome to South Park Mafia II!

For those of you who don't know how to play mafia, the following links will be helpful.
1. This link is a newbie guide, which explains the basic aspects of mafia. How day phase and lynching work, etc. Simple, but vital.
2. This is a flash tutorial on mafia, which covers the basics of the game and also discusses some more advanced roles later on.

RULES!
These are mostly stolen from the first South Park Mafia, where I stole most of the rules from Drab. Even if you know how to play, I strongly recommend that you read the rules.

1. First and foremost, obey all the rules of Smash World Forums. One of the most important rules to consider here is that there is no swearing and/or censor dodging. I know this is a game of arguing and disagreeing, but please keep it under control.
2. One exception to the above is the policy on double posting in mafia games. Since editing is ABSOLUTELY AND COMPLETELY BANNED, double posting is acceptable, but not preferred. Please think (and preview) before you post, and double post only if you think it is absolutely necessary. But NEVER edit. kthx.
3. Voting works like this. Vote: thedocsalive. Please bold your votes. Doing so is not necessary, but it makes it easier for me to keep accurate votecounts. If you wish to change your vote, please Unvote: thedocsalive. Remember, it takes a majority of living players voting one player (or no lynch) to lynch, and you cannot unvote after a lynch is decided.
4. Each day lasts until a lynch is reached, a majority of players agree to vote no lynch, or a deadline is reached. I will only impose a deadline if I feel activity is too low. At a deadline, the player with the most votes is lynched. If there is a tie at deadline, the player to reach that number first is lynched.
5. After a player is lynched, but before I post in the thread announcing the player's role and alignment, the game is in a "twilight phase." You ARE allowed to post in the twilight phase, UNLESS you are the person who was just lynched.
6. Once you are dead, you are not allowed to post anymore, except for one post along the lines of "go town!," "go mafia!," etc. No posting any content relevant to the game.
7. During night phase, you have a limited amount of time to get your night choices in. I won't set a specific amount of time, but please try to be prompt so the game moves on. If I'm missing a nightchoice from a player, no choice will be made. Plain and simple. You MAY NOT post in the thread during the night phase.
8. You CANNOT talk about the game outside the thread unless your role PM specifically states that you may do so.
9. Not a rule exactly, but please consider that this game is rather long-term, so if you sign up, treat it as a commitment. If you will be unable to post for an extended period of time (over 72 hours or so) for any reason, please post in the thread letting us know.
10. You CANNOT quote any PM's that you receive from me, or any other discussion that occurs outside this game thread (i.e. mafia PM's).

This game will have 15 players. Sign up by posting in this thread. Go!

Alive (3):
2. Eorlingas, Shelly Marsh, mafia roleblocker, survives
6. 007flash (replaced agentli D3), Eric Cartman, mafia Godfather, survives
11. Blazer, Token Williams, mafia one-shot cop, survives

Dead (12):
1. Dr_Twist, Evil Cartman, pro-town Eric Cartman Seeker, lynched D1
10. frozenflame751, Santa Claus, pro-town motivator, killed N1
13. spam_master, Sergeant Harrison Yeats, pro-town cop, lynched D2
12. smashman90, Nurse Gollum, pro-town doctor, killed N2
5. Lance87, Ike Broflovski, pro-town double voter, lynched D3
3. ligolski, cultist, formerly pro-town mason, killed N3
15. Sinz (replaced Kujirudo N2), Officer Barbrady, pro-town illiterate backup cop, lynched D4
14. Pythag, David Blaine, cult recruiter, failed to recruit and died N4
9. GotMink, Butters Stotch, vanilla townie, killed N4
7. camo-man, Dr. Mephisto, pro-town one-shot vigilante, endgamed D5
8. commonyoshi, Towelie, cultist, formerly pro-town roleblocker, endgamed D5
4. Ronike, Terrance, cultist, formerly pro-town mason, endgamed D5

Replacements (if necessary):
1. Dark_Ermac
n.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm up for it

Edit: Thread stickied until registration is over

Edit2: Dear god, stickying this was a nightmare. I thought the order of stickied threads was by the time they where stickied, so I decided to unsticky all the threads, so I could redo the order. I forgot that that meant all the threads where sent to wherever they would be by the last time someone posted in them. I had to go searching for all of them, resticky them, then remember that the order was by the last post

ligolski

Smash Rookie
of coarse I am in...I have been waiting forever! fyi: will be gone last week in June but otherwise will be as active as ever!

Ronike

Smash Ace
Im in, but my familiy takes quite a few trips during the summer, so I will have some inactive periods of about a week periodically in the summer. Ill let you know as we get closer to them.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
you know i have never played the game ONLINE....

sign me up!
Yeah, mafia in real life is awesome. But online is fun too. You'll enjoy it, I'm sure!

of coarse I am in...I have been waiting forever! fyi: will be gone last week in June but otherwise will be as active as ever!
Im in, but my familiy takes quite a few trips during the summer, so I will have some inactive periods of about a week periodically in the summer. Ill let you know as we get closer to them.
As long as you guys let us know before it happens, and catch up when you get back, then it's fine.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I suppose I'll join. I don't know if this thedocsalive character can mod a game well, seeing as how he hasn't done it before. >_> <_<

EDIT: Hey Eor, just thought I'd let you know that you forgot to re-sticky the Black List thread. I'm not sure if you did in fact forget or left in unstickied intentionally, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to just let you know.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=20654

There's the thread if it helps any. ^_^

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
EDIT: Hey Eor, just thought I'd let you know that you forgot to re-sticky the Black List thread. I'm not sure if you did in fact forget or left in unstickied intentionally, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to just let you know.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=20654

There's the thread if it helps any. ^_^
That's was actually unstickied by Bahamut a while ago, it serves no purpose now

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'Edit2: Dear god, stickying this was a nightmare. I thought the order of stickied threads was by the time they where stickied, so I decided to unsticky all the threads, so I could redo the order. I forgot that that meant all the threads where sent to wherever they would be by the last time someone posted in them. I had to go searching for all of them, resticky them, then remember that the order was by the last post
Yeah, I thought I deleted some threads when I un-stickied them.

I think I need to take a break from mafia for awhile. I might change my mind though.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm totally in. I usually play with cards, so I have 1 question: when it says the mafia can talk at night, are they just supposed to PM each other?

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
I'll play as long as the pace keeps up xD
The pace should definitely keep up in this game. That's one of the reasons I made it as small as I did; so that we wouldn't have a bunch of people just kinda filling up the game. Almost all of the players here are proven to have been active in past games, and the setup is balanced (IMO), and should move quickly. The only problem might be some vacations since it's summer, but that's inevitable, and most players should be playing at any given time.

Or, if you were quoting that because you don't see yourself on the list, I put you at five where I removed Lawrencelot.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
ZOMG yayz we can start! I'm going to be busy tomorrow, but I'll try to get roles out tomorrow night, or the afternoon the day after tomorrow.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Is that a hint of arrogance Kuji?

EDIT BECAUSE I CAN: Yes your plan was brilliant, there's no reason to rub it in though...

Ronike

Smash Ace
And theres no reason to feel insulted by his talking about. Twas a very brilliant plan, he has full rights to brag.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
Roles have now been assigned randomly via random.org's "List Randomizer." I'll be sending out the PM's now. The roles are scattered, so don't claim "zomg he got his PM first he must be t3h mafia!!!" You MAY NOT post until I say so, which will probably be after I send out all of the role PM's.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
I'm having trouble with PM's right now...something related to the server move I think. I also can't edit, which is why I double posted (sorry!).

I'll try sending out role PM's again later, or something. Sorry guys!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm having trouble with PM's right now...something related to the server move I think. I also can't edit, which is why I double posted (sorry!).

I'll try sending out role PM's again later, or something. Sorry guys!
It's some server issue. Mods can't give people infractions right now, and I don't think anyone can currently create threads.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Again, since editing is broken.

Thedocsalive, could you give us your aim name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom