• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SPMII (Game over, mafia win in a bloody finale!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
Anyway, thought it was a cool game. From a spectator's perspective.
@thedocsalive:
I don't like that the roleblocker only has to block one of the mafia's to block the nightkill. Yes, you did twitch it a bit by putting in the rule that you can't roleblock the same person on consecutive nights, but still. I think that you should do it like in Lost Mafia, where one of the mafia players did the actual nightkill, and when that person is killed it, then some other mafiaplayer would do it. This way, the roleblocker needs to block the actual killer.
Oh yeah, I forgot to explain that. commonyoshi PM'd me in the beginning claiming it was broken, and I basically said "don't worry about it." The reasoning is that I would have his block process on a mafia's non-kill choice if possible. For example, if he blocked Eorlingas, he would block Eorlingas' roleblock rather than the kill. If he chose agentli/007flash, it would be negated due to him being the GF. If he chose Blazer, he would block the kill, unless it was the night of Blazer's role cop choice, in which case that would be blocked.

So I felt it was fair, even if the player(s) didn't have perfect information. Sorry I didn't clarify this point.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Spam_Master, I just attacked you because you attacked me. Only person in this game we killed because we where afraid they'd catch us was Frozen. For you, I was just annoyed. Same with Lance.

In all honesty, Luck helped so almost more then skill. If Common hadn't block Spam, or Smashman hadn't saved me (which I didn't know, I really did just guess as much), or even if Pythag didn't target me, mafia might and probably would have lost. It seems everyone realized I was mafia close to the end, I was nervous about the next day.

Thedoc, what happens if Common role-blocks me, but I role-block him? Does his roleblock cancel out mine, resulting in the mafia not killing someone, or does my roleblock block his?

Also, I was thinking about getting Pythag last night, because I was afraid he would have a night kill (as a generic cult apparently has), and would kill one of us. I ended up more afraid of Common.

I was also afraid that Pythag had 4 cultists alive (aka everyone other then us), and could therefore control the lynch and beat us.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
man man man. If i hadn't been so convinced that Gotmink was mafia, I would have recruited him instead of Eor.
Our plan was that each night I would tell everyone who I was recruiting, and one of the cultists would come out and argue for that persons lynch, had I died. I knew blazer was mafia. I just had figured it, but I could never really get the backing. 007 I was p
retty sure was the godfather, but dang it, I had to go and believe Eor. I was sooo cloooose.

Eor, how did you guys figure out I was the cult leader? Blazer did what now?
Gah, my major blunder was when I feigned ignorance. For some reason I rationalized it in my head....Sign me up for the next mafia since I'm dead in both of mine!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Blazer's role was that he was a one-shot investigator, meaning that he could see what a persons role was. He used it on you, saw you where the cult leader, and told us so.

In all honesty, you didn't do anything too suspicious. Feigning ignorance wasn't a very good plan, but by itself it wouldn't lead someone to vote for you as the Cult leader

Oh, and I saw your post thedoc after I posted mine. Nice to see how that would have worked. It was a great game, a little odd with the two role blockers, but still great

Ronike

Smash Ace
*Sigh* Well, of course, it all became clear to me on all the **** roller coasters. I really need to start counting things, because if I had, I would have realized this would have happened. Today I realized how few townies there must have been left and what we SHOULD have done was not recruit at all last night. Then, the cult would have had the same numbers. It actually would have come down to camo. **** it. Oh well. I was suspiscious of Eor for a hella long time, but didnt speak up for some reason... Well, theres always next game I guess. Just one last thing...

I think it was Common who linked it to Frozenflame. Unfortunately for him, he linked it to the right person, but wrong game. My anger was similar to Frozen, but in Food Court mafia. Frozen was independent, about to be the first independent mafia victory ever, when the town killed him for (I believe, can't remember now) a terrible reason.
Not a terrible reason, twas my bad vibes which did him in. And those who shall flame me for it, the vibes havent let me down yet, real life or not, so Im not about to go doubting them... And...

Also, I never got drunk. After I posted that, I thought it was too angry, so I posted that I was drunk (and mimicked it in my typing) in order to try and defuse people. I asked the mafia to kill Frozenflame night one, knowing how much our *******s would have been ruined if he was left alive.
Two lessons to learn from this:
A) Doc, protect Frozen
B) Dont believe drunk arguments (unless they are from me). Never again Eor, never again...

As I expected we'd have one more day, I expected to go for commonyoshi. It would have been 4 votes, with three of those mafia. We just needed one person to vote for him before all of us could swamp to vote for him before people knew what was happening, as we had planned.
Ah, but as I said before, the cult coulda gone after you, if we hadnt messed up, or 007 and had an infinetely better case to get you lynched.

It really seems that we survived just as much by luck as we did by skill, which makes this victory just more smile-inducing. I believe this is the first time the mafia have won without a single loss.
Agreed. Well played mafia, well played.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
Also, that night where I voted agentli then retracted it saying that i was keeping my vote on Eorlingas, what I actually meant to do was take my vote off Eor, vote for agent, then use my PM vote to kill agent...it would've been by pure accident that I wouldve squeezed out a mafia kill cause i was really jsut doing it because i was bored =)

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
so lig has the next mafia game?
Count me in. This rocked.

Man, if I had just kept up pestering Blazer....Ah well, coulda woulda shoulda.
I apologize Gotmink. I was wrong about you.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh, what would have happened if I hadn't recruited?
It would have been 3 cultists vs 3 mafia correct? How would that have worked?
coin flipping?

agentli

Smash Apprentice
OMG, Common lost the town the game.

If you hadn't roleblocked me we would have had eor day two, and if you hadn't used your stupid block thing on agentli we would have had him day three.

You probably did more to help the mafia win than the mafia.
Lol, I've only been town once ever. I've been mafia about 4 out of 5 times. Good game everyone!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
By deleting posts, I'm making myself look better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom