• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/15 Free NSU SSBM Tournament 1v1 and 2v2!! Prizes Confirmed! Partial Results up!!

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Free NSU SSBM Tournament

Place: 2nd Floor University Center)
Time: 1-7 pm (12-1 set-up, 1-2pm warm up, 2 to around 4 for doubles) around 4 to whenever for Singles) Free play afterward till 7 if time left, then clean up.
Date: December 15, 2007 (a Saturday)
Ages: 13 and up. If staying after 5pm without parent or guardian and of age 13-17, then you need the consent form. Here is the link to download, print and bring to the tournament.

http://www.nova.edu/avacs/documents/RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION.doc

Remember, this is only needed if you are under 18 and don't have any guardian over 18 to look over you during the tournament.

Directions and Parking

Address:
Preferably

3301 College Ave
Davie, FL 33314-7721 (for free parking and its closer)

If you find or know how to get to the Library it is 1 dollar per hour

You get there by turning on 30th AVE if on University Drive

or by turning at Abe Fishchler AVE (30 st., which is a continuation from 30th AVE at University drive) at College AVE.

Other helpful things:

It is nearby BCC Central Campus and Nova High School

Here are the URL to getting to the university in general

http://www.nova.edu/cwis/campusmaps/maincampus.html

Here is the campus map

The building with the number 23 is the University Center in the map, the mailman Hollywood building is number 4 on the map and the Rosenthal is number 6 on the map. All are located in the lower half of the map and the free parking is at the East Main Entrance.

http://www.nova.edu/cwis/campusmaps/forms/campusmap.pdf

This is a much more simpler version of the map shown below.

The protrusion at abe fischler blvd (30 st), at the top portion of the map, that goes into the campus but looks like it went into nowhere is where the library is at. And the East Main Entrance that leads to the Free parking is on this map also.

http://www.nova.edu/facilities/shuttle.html

Here is how it looks like: (This is the back of the Library if your parking there)
http://www.browardlibrary.org/branches/nv.htm

This is the front of the University Center (the big long building is where the tournament is located. This is the mailman building entrance where the free parking is at.)

http://www.nova.edu/facilities/construction/UniversityCenter/Photos/00101.html

http://www.nova.edu/facilities/construction/UniversityCenter/Photos/0092.html
__________________________________________________ __________

Admission Fee: none
Prizes: Singles only
$25 gift certificate of Gamestop for 1st place
$25 gift certificate of Gamestop for 2nd place
pat on the back for 3rd place

Snack Store 1st Floor of University Center
Snack Area at the New Flight Deck in the University Center
Subway, Mama Leone's (Italian Restuarant), Jing Jong (chinese restuarant), Culinary Table, StarBucks and Coyote Jack's Grill in University Center

Singles Rules

Tournament Rules

•Double Elimination (Placings Decided randomly by picking the labeled ball out of a bag)
•All matches 2/3, with loser’s, winner’s, and grand finals 3/5.
•4 stock, 8 minute limit
•Ties broken by a match on the same stage, same characters with one stock.
•Items OFF
•Dave's Stupid Rule (DSR): No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking
•Stage Knockout: Each person knocks out one stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
•Double Blind pick may be called at any time

•1v1 Neutral stages: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium

•1v1 Stages banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Yoshi's Island 64, Big Blue, Green Greens, Mushroom Kingdom 1-2, Termina bay (Great bay), Jungle Japes, Yoshi’s Island, Onett, and Venom

1v1 Counterpicks: Fountain of Dreams, PokeFloats, Rainbow Cruise, Kongo Jungle 64, Corneria, Kongo Jungle, Mute City, BattleField, Brinstar, Princess Peach Castle

Doubles stage Rules: All same as singles with the exception of Fountain of Dreams banned.

-- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

-- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

--Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

-- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned.

--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.

I'm still getting everything worked out to see how many I could get, but this is how many tvs. I could get if all goes to plan. Any help in bringing extra tvs will be helpful.

TVs
1. SUB (Confirmed)
2. SUB (Confirmed)
3. SUB (Confirmed)
4. Library (Confirmed)
5. Library (Confirmed)
6. HPD (confirmed)
7. HPD (confirmed)
8. HPD (confirmed)
9. Superman (maybe)
10. Lee (maybe)
11. Lee's friend (maybe)

In order for the tournament to run smoothly, I'll need some gamecubes. Any help is appreciated!!

Smash/Cubes

1. AVACS
2. Mines
3. Superman
4. azianraven
5. KD rio version 1
6. Advent
7. Advent
8. mines (N64)
9. Dark Shy (maybe)
10. pookiez
11. Opus IX (maybe)
12. Opus IX maybe)
13. Seibrik (N64 maybe)

Attendence.

1. Honors
2. Linguini
3. Mcscruff
4. Lambchops
5. Sachin
6. Mike
7. Ryusiodo
8. Superman
9. Gami
10. Advent
11. Noucles
12. Gangsta66
13. Christian
14. Ares
15. Jim0001
16. KD rio version 1
17. azianraven
18. Nick Riddle
19. ESAM
20. Seibrik
21. Alex (Skellitorman)
22. Coselm
23. Pookiez
24. Doodah
25. Logikz
26. David
27. Cesar
28. ShoTTa
29. LW_48
30. Viper Eclipse

Maybes

1. Stubbs
2. Linett
3. Johnny
4. Juan
5. Fred
6. Tony
7. Fred's Friend
8. Patrick
9. Tonic Sonic
10. Dark Shy
11. Jit
12. Beta
13. Ed
14. Alex
15. Kirsten
16. Pookiez's partner
17. Oliver
18. Steven
19. Phil
20. Eclipsing Binary
21. Opus IX
22. Opus IX's friend
23. Opus IX's friend
24. NSU Smasher

Let me know if you have any questions. If you guys know the link that has the MLG rules on stages banned or counterpick, let me know. I'm just checking to see if there are any rules changed. As always, I'll do my best to keep you guys updated.

Update! 11/21

As some of you know, I have 3 tvs. confirmed. I'm going to speak with the person in charge of the tvs in the library after the break to confirm those. Also, the event is approved and they told me that I could request tvs from the graduate building also, so I'm going to look into that. Again, if you can bring memory card, smash, and cubes, please bring them because it will make the tournament more smoother.

Update!! 11/27

Hi everyone. Just letting you all know I got three extra confirm tvs. I'm still waiting a response from the tvs at the library and the AVACS tvs. I'll see if I could start making flayers to advertise in the University, Gamestop or Gamebreakers nearby to bring up the attendance.

Second Update!! 11/27
I just spoke with the person in charge of the library for the tvs. he just sent me an e-mail confirming the 2 televisions. I right now have a total of 8 confirmed tvs.

Update!! Dec 3rd

Hi everyone, I'm going to make the tournament 2v2 and 1v1. Since there are 8 tvs, one will be for free play throughout the tournament, and the other will be the station for Super Smash Brothers in N64. Also prizes are confirmed but I'm still waiting on how much they are willing to give.

I was told that if anyone below 18 stays after 5, they would need to sign a parental consent form. The event is a 13 and up event. I will place a link to the AVACS homepage where you could download it.

I'll be having the flyers up soon, and I will upload it to the AVACS website so that those who wish to distribute it will be able to download it from the AVACS website.

Update Dec 4th!!
consent forms up. So those who are under 18, don't have a guardian, and are staying after 5pm will need to fill it out. Here is the link to download it.

http://www.nova.edu/avacs/documents/RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION.doc

Flyers are up! Here is the link

http://www.nova.edu/avacs/Photos/AVACS Flyer.bmp

If you can help distribute to your campus, high school, game center, etc. it will be greatly appreciated.

Update Dec 7

Prize amount confirmed they are 2 25 dollar gift cards. I'm going to put them in singles for 1st and 2nd place.

Update!! Dec 12

The two 25 dollar gift certificate can be used for anything in Gamestop.

Entrants (in no particular order)

1. Token1
2. 187
3. no Eve?
4. Nick Riddle
5. Slit
6. Pelican
7. Nicky
8. Jit
9. Logikz
10. Lambchops
11. Andres
12. Charlie
13. Seibrik
14. Zaber18
15. Oobie
16. Honors
17. Doodah
18. 117
19. Christian
20. Cesar
21. Esam
22. Viper
23. Kevin
24. EB
25. Noucles
26. LW_48
27. Sasha
28. Gray Fox
29. Ryusiodo
30. Skellitorman
31. Superman
32. Pookiez
33. KD Rio Version1
34. Jim0001
35. Tank
36. Shin Chaos (as hard like horse)
37. Steven
38. Gino
39. Elliot
40. Gringo
41. Lee
42. Beta
43. E
44. Coselm (as Cody)
45. Jason
46. Ralph
47. Shotta
48. Zero
49. unlegible?
50. Izzy

Results!!

Singles (50 entrants)

1. Esam
2. Lambchops
3. Ralph
4. Geno/Nafix
5. Seibrik
5. Nick Riddle
7. Lee
7. Logikz

Doubles (22 teams)

1. Space Animals (Noucles + Lambchops)
2. The Gators (Geno/Nafix +Raph)
3. PotBot (Doodah + Logikz)
4. Left Nut (Skellitorman + Linguini)
5. The Bros (Honors + LW_48)
5. Private C0cks (Elliot + Christian)
7. Smileman (Pookiez + Gringo)
7. Fighting Owls (?)
9. 2 Idiots (Tank + Slit)
9. Team Falco (Lee + ?)
9. Surge
9. **** Lee
13. Shotta
13. Viper
13. Surge
13. Swords
17. Golf Balls
17. Sharks + Gators
17. Island
17. POD
21. Jim
21. Noob R. Us

Brackets Doubles

Loser's Bracket

Winner's Bracket

Brackets Singles

Winner's Bracket

Loser's Bracket

JFizzle

Smash Apprentice
Sweet. Sign up Superman and my friend Gami for this. I can definitely bring a cube/smash and my recording equipment for sure. A TV, maybe, not sure...

Here I have a link to the last major tournament, which was held at FIU. To any of you who are interested, this profile will be updated daily with new matches from that tournament, and hopefully from this tournament, since I will bring my recording stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SupermanFalcon

Honors, I'm sure you still have my number, so just call me or PM me if you need any extra help. Later!

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Update 11/21

As some of you know, I have 3 tvs. confirmed. I'm going to speak with the person in charge of the tvs in the library after the break to confirm those. Also, the event is approved and they told me that I could request tvs from the graduate building also, so I'm going to look into that. Again, if you can bring memory card, smash, and cubes, please bring them because it will make the tournament more smoother.

JFizzle:

Thanks for your help and see you there.

Ryusiodo:

Do you know if Beta is coming?

Lambchops:

Will Neilson be back from tampa by then?

Animal Control:

Do you know if W.Jr will be here?

To Everyone:

Do you guys want a 2v2 free tournament also? I could put it in but the schedule would most likely be this:

1-8 pm
(12-1 set-up, 1-2 warm up (unless there early for set-up),
2 to whenever for doubles tournament),
singles afterwards (estimated starting time would be between 4-5 and end 2 hours afterward)
Free play afterward till 8 if time left, then clean up

Honors

Smash Journeyman
jfizzle: we'll about the 2v2 tournament. If anything, it can start after the 1v1 tournament (starts at 3pm) provided that there is enough time, or if we have enough people (around mid 20s), I could do pools if they prefer that, but then there won't be a 2v2 since the tournament will be longer.

Ryusiodo

Smash Apprentice
Are they letting you run this tournament there for free? What time does it close? (or we have to stop?)

By the way, this University Center is the one near the Alvin Sherman Library right? I happened to be there when I saw this topic and checked it out. Just asking since I rarely go beyond the library.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I might go to this since my parents got a place in the keys for 12/15-12/22.

any housing available for friday night?

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Ryusiondo:

When you get out of the library, the University Center will be the big builing to your left. To your right would be the drop off zone and the parking garages. The event is actually til 7pm, but with clean up, it should be completely finish by 8pm.

Mankosuki:

I'll ask some friends I know that live in the dorms, but don't forget to see if anyone here could house you.

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Update!! 11/27

Hi everyone. Just letting you all know I got three extra confirm tvs. I'm still waiting a response from the tvs at the library and the AVACS tvs. I'll see if I could start making flayers to advertise in the University, Gamestop or Gamebreakers nearby to bring up the attendance.

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Linguini

I'll see what I could do. Since I'm doing this without AVACS or funded by SGA, I don't have prizes. However, AVACS is now sponsored by Red Bull, so I'll see what I could get from them for prizes, even if it is a little prize.

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Second Update!! 11/27
I just spoke with the person in charge of the library for the tvs. he just sent me an e-mail confirming the 2 televisions. I right now have a total of 8 confirmed tvs.

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
ill try and come to this.

The last free tournament i went to was EVO and was that a great tournament. -_-
BEST ORGANIZATION EVA =P

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Update!! Dec 3rd

Hi everyone, I'm going to make the tournament 2v2 and 1v1. Since there are 8 tvs, one will be for free play throughout the tournament, and the other will be the station for Super Smash Brothers in N64. Also prizes are confirmed but I'm still waiting on how much they are willing to give.

I was told that if anyone below 18 stays after 5, they would need to sign a parental consent form. The event is a 13 and up event. I will place a link to the AVACS homepage where you could download it.

I'll be having the flyers up soon, and I will upload it to the AVACS website so that those who wish to distribute it will be able to download it from the AVACS website.

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Update Dec 4th!!
consent forms up. So those who are under 18, don't have a guardian, and are staying after 5pm will need to fill it out. Here is the link to download it.

I'll be getting the flyers up soon, it is being reviewed right now, and when I get the okay, I will put up the link to the flyer.
DooDah: There is no entry fee so you can come. And if anything, if I find out anything more about whether there are prizes and the amount, I'll be updating it.

Coselm

Smash Ace
How about for a prize, all the losers in the tournament have to chip in a quarter to buy the winner lunch?

But then I guess it wouldn't be free... Just really really inexpensive.....

Top Bottom