• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/5/08 Lexington, Kentucky Brawl Bash!

Delvro

Smash Ace
The bank said they would consider a sponsorship but haven't given a reply.

On the other hand... we HAVE gotten a sponsorship from Premiere Home Video. We have received 6 gift certificates for free purchases (and rentals, but the out-of-town crowd can't make much use of those) in the amount of $75, PLUS they are considering donating a game in addition to that. Once me, May, and Eric get together we will decide how to hand out these goodies at the tournament.

Of course, I will be making a special thanks statement at the beginning of their tournament, as well as letting everyone know where their store is located.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Eric, The bank HAS NOT given us a sponsorship! =O They said they would consider it but haven't given a reply.

On the other hand... we HAVE gotten a sponsorship from Premiere Home Video. We have received 6 gift certificates for free purchases (and rentals, but the out-of-town crowd can't make much use of those) in the amount of $75, PLUS they are considering donating a game in addition to that. Once me, May, and Eric get together we will decide how to hand out these goodies at the tournament.

Of course, I will be making a special thanks statement at the beginning of their tournament, as well as letting everyone know where their store is located.
Me scuzi.
I misheard. Wrong beans to spill I guess ^_^
Thx for the heads up, and we'll keep searching, guys.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
hoboz wouldnt be able to get there until around 3:00, which means we would end up around 3:15. Given it takes an hour and a half to get there, five to get inside, we plan to bring a tv that we would have to set up, and last time we got lost half way there because of crappy mapquest directions... so it's unlikely we would be able to give you a ride hoboz.

however, a ride back would be possible. As far as i know tactical's car isnt full

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I <3 Lexington for doing this better than Louisville

I am so coming to this

Delvro

Smash Ace
hoboz wouldnt be able to get there until around 3:00, which means we would end up around 3:15. Given it takes an hour and a half to get there, five to get inside, we plan to bring a tv that we would have to set up, and last time we got lost half way there because of crappy mapquest directions... so it's unlikely we would be able to give you a ride hoboz.

however, a ride back would be possible. As far as i know tactical's car isnt full
We were unable to reserve the room for earlier then 4:00... some random ppl have it until 3:30... I'm thinking about sitting around and playing Disgaea DS until then. If you get there early, Hilt, maybe we can play some DDR

OS, I think you're being a lil too rough on the Louisville crowd... it's tough running a tournament; I couldn't imagine running one every week. I'd drop dead in less than a month.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Yeah, Hilt, so sorry about the early expectancy. I didn't relay how early I wanted the room to Delvro so I forgot I may not actually have it that early lol. I'm just making woopsies all over the place. But be there by 4 plllllllleeeeasseee. How many Wiis can I count you on? We need two for sure. Any help?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah, Hilt, so sorry about the early expectancy. I didn't relay how early I wanted the room to Delvro so I forgot I may not actually have it that early lol. I'm just making woopsies all over the place. But be there by 4 plllllllleeeeasseee. How many Wiis can I count you on? We need two for sure. Any help?
I'll bring one.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
that's cool, because i just found out i wont be able to get there until about 2:00 to 3:00 so it all works out

also, our crew has at least 3 wii's we could bring. Maybe more, i dont know.

Would you still want a TV? That's still a 90% sure yes as well.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
that's cool, because i just found out i wont be able to get there until about 2:00 to 3:00 so it all works out

also, our crew has at least 3 wii's we could bring. Maybe more, i dont know.

Would you still want a TV? That's still a 90% sure yes as well.
Yep, still need one more telly =]
I just hauled a 26 inch into my dorm. And I brought my 19 inch from home.
So if you could bring one last that would be super duper.
Any Wiis brought, must have the random stage selection option unlocked (and of course all chars :p) . And yeah the more the merrier b/c I'm going to throw in the projector also so we now have 7 setups =D

...Eff yes...(i'm getting excited ^_^)

p.s. I'll be hanging around the room at like 3. Just give me a call when you get near town. I can help with directions. Especially if you take Exit 113 into Lexington.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
whoa, 7 setups TVs EXCLUDING the one we'd bring?! Or is that when counting ours

There wasnt any noticeable lag on the projector when I was at UK last, so I doubt it should pose as much of a problem. The only thing that bothered me about the projector was how the sound was set up. hearing the game with only one ear was kinda distracting lol. But no matter, there's probably little you could do to change that.

Also, we should be able to get there around 3:00. I spoke to tactical about it and it shouldnt be a problem.

As for the Wiis, all characters/stages is implied lol. I only wish the Wiis were all hacked to make recording the matches easier... but owell.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
whoa, 7 setups TVs EXCLUDING the one we'd bring?! Or is that when counting ours

There wasnt any noticeable lag on the projector when I was at UK last, so I doubt it should pose as much of a problem. The only thing that bothered me about the projector was how the sound was set up. hearing the game with only one ear was kinda distracting lol. But no matter, there's probably little you could do to change that.

Also, we should be able to get there around 3:00. I spoke to tactical about it and it shouldnt be a problem.

As for the Wiis, all characters/stages is implied lol. I only wish the Wiis were all hacked to make recording the matches easier... but owell.
Here, lol. I'll give you the official TV Count:
Student Center (3)
Me (2)
You (1)
and a projector.
Sound swift?

My only concern is, if another group is doing a shindig in 206 until 3:30, then how long will it take for our reserved stuff to get in there. Greg (delvro) knows more about it than I do, I'm just paranoid lol. But at least we'll have 3 TVs (if your 90% pulls through). I surely hope Hoboz can find a ride still.
So that's how many Wiis I'm expecting from you?
^_^:p :bee: :laugh:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I was just notified of a mandatory student teaching meeting from 4-5 this Friday. :(

I'd only be able to get to the Lexington place at like 6:15 at the earliest, so unless you guys plan on starting later for some reason I won't be able to go. :\

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I was just notified of a mandatory student teaching meeting from 4-5 this Friday. :(

I'd only be able to get to the Lexington place at like 6:15 at the earliest, so unless you guys plan on starting later for some reason I won't be able to go. :\
OS, I might (just might) be able to delay your first game until you get here, but idk how well that would run with the rest since you'd be at least 75 min late. The thing is, I student-teach in a sense so I know where you're coming from. I'll get back with you by the end of today (like 9pm) on whether you can turbo boost down here after the meeting or not. Okie? I'll talk it over with my other tournament runners.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS, I might (just might) be able to delay your first game until you get here, but idk how well that would run with the rest since you'd be at least 75 min late. The thing is, I student-teach in a sense so I know where you're coming from. I'll get back with you by the end of today (like 9pm) on whether you can turbo boost down here after the meeting or not. Okie? I'll talk it over with my other tournament runners.
Alright. I'd be willing to take my first loss and sit in the loser's bracket for a while if that'd work as well!

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Alright. I'd be willing to take my first loss and sit in the loser's bracket for a while if that'd work as well!
just keep in mind it's not 2/3 ^_^
though I know of how well you play, anything could happen.
but I definitely would be willing to do that if you promise the arrival. do you know where the Student Center is and such?
map quest isnt the most reliable

Overswarm

is laughing at you
just keep in mind it's not 2/3 ^_^
though I know of how well you play, anything could happen.
but I definitely would be willing to do that if you promise the arrival. do you know where the Student Center is and such?
map quest isnt the most reliable
I have GPS and my friends Stepho and Ray should be going. I really want to go, so if you wait I'd be incredibly grateful!

Just try to hold my matches :D

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I can definitely book it outta there after the meeting... it was kinda thrown on me by surprise. Tell people I'm famous and they'll wait ;)

Equi

Smash Ace
It only costs five dollars for singles, no door fee, no nothing? Yay, I can afford this.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Here, lol. I'll give you the official TV Count:
Student Center (3)
Me (2)
You (1)
and a projector.
Sound swift?
Actually we have 4 tvs from the student center, and 2 projectors (right?) I know 4 tvs, but I thought 2 projectors. Which I know we probably wouldn't use both of the projectors. But I'm pretty sure we have 4 tvs, unless if for some reason I'm getting it mixed up with the cat's den.

Also, the thing with OS is we could put his match at the very end of the winner round. We've done it for others, so it's only fair, and he won't be forced into the loser's automatically.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I can definitely book it outta there after the meeting... it was kinda thrown on me by surprise. Tell people I'm famous and they'll wait ;)
Oh paaaleeeasse =P

It only costs five dollars for singles, no door fee, no nothing? Yay, I can afford this.
yup, come on out!
you from the area?
=]

Delvro

Smash Ace
Usually the first round lasts like 40 minutes... and then the first loser's round lasts another 40 minutes. (although we have more tvs than usual so this may be shorter)

Normally (as long as the competitor tells us beforehand) we wait until it's absolutely necessary to hold the match before we force a forfeit, so it's OK to arrive a little late.

If there is anyone riding with you, we will also need to know their names, too. (are Ray and Stepho going to be arriving with you?)

Don't drive too fast~

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ray and Stepho live in Lex. I don't think Stepho is going (work) but my friends Ray and Will should be... I'm driving by myself as far as I know though.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Ray and Stepho live in Lex. I don't think Stepho is going (work) but my friends Ray and Will should be... I'm driving by myself as far as I know though.
We've exhanged #s and all that jazz, so don't hesitate to call if you need help. I've just seen map thingys (websites mostly) just get screwie on it's exact location.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Yeah, not able for certain, 100%. But I'm cheering for ya'll. Go Hilt, Go Tac, Go Calic, go...>.> enough from me. >.>
Hoboz, I hope you can get a ride, bro. Hitch it if you have to. (be a hobo ^_^)

As for the rest...good luck today, men (and women). =]

Is Calic from the Louisville area also?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Nice tournament, was fun! Might be at more of these if I'm able to in the future.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
woohoo fun tournament, see ya guys next time!
Nice tournament, was fun! Might be at more of these if I'm able to in the future.
Thx you guys and to everyone that came out. We had an awesome turnout and that could never happen if it wasn't for you guys.

For those that were offended about the LATE arrival of Overswarm, that was entirely my fault. We and the co-hosts agreed on about an hourish late arrival (no later). But, with the bringing in of more TVs, the tourney started zooming through (which was good! more room for 2/3s) but, that meant that OS's potential matches in both the loser's and winner's bracket would be progressing. Trying to seek a median, because I kept being told he was 'almost here' I went to the people that were effected by the chain event of matches. That was [Winner's] Xisin, David Perry, Andy B, [Loser's] Gilbert, and then me. The rest of the tourney could still continue even if we stalled for a little longer, but I left them the option of whether they wanted to wait or not. (if one of them was against it, I would have DQ'd him without hesitation). But, I thought since he was not affecting anyone else's matches, then why would it bother other people? Like I said before, I would do this for anyone. For example I drove four hours out of my way just to get 1 person the tounrey before last...and this time for 3 people. I want any possible person to participate. But, I also want the majority of people to be satisfied. I have preached that since I began even thinking about TO'ing a tourney...but I failed to practice it. A lot of people were upset. Some thought it was an act of favoritism (that's a promising no), and some even saw empty TVs growing in numbers, but that was just me failing to call out the matches in rapid fire. But, when I noticed, I was on top of it.

I tried guys, and I really feel like I disappointed a lot of people. And I tried to make eveyone happy. I thought if their match wasn't effected, then it shouldn't bother them, but it did. So, I chose the wrong actions. If I ever become brave enough to be a TO again, you have no later than 30 min to be late to a tourney. No Johns, no nothing. Sometimes other things interfere with showing up to a tourney, if it does, it happens and there will always be more tournaments. So this is my apology, fellas & ladies, for my horrible judgment on how to go about things. Trial and error.

.....beepbeep? =[

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
I already told you my thoughts on the whole matter in person so theres no need to repeat all of that. I was fine with the wait just like your post says, and would really like to see alot more of your tournaments... besides that rob of yours is fun to play and its practically the only other chance (minus the morehead tournament) to play other people in ky that are not from MSU. So DO make sure you host another, that would be really great, i think everyone should be granted a second chance when it comes to such things, I also think some people may of made too huge of a deal about it especially since I was the one delayed most by this (vs OS second round since he got a bye) and i had to wait for my loser bracket 5th round to start, so it wasnt THAT big of a deal to me.

Not sure why its special treatment since you kept getting false information and i think it says on your OP if you call then you can delay the tournament for people, it says it somewhere in the thread atleast.

anyway again kudos for the tournament.

edit - also wheres all the post tournament talk/johns/compliments/whatever thats part of the tournament too!

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
anyway again kudos for the tournament.

edit - also wheres all the post tournament talk/johns/compliments/whatever thats part of the tournament too!
Thx, Xi.

We didn't seem to gather too many smashboarders to the tourney....the Louisville tourney I went to is having excellent post-talk lol. Oh well. ^_^

Man, I'll have to venture to Morehead to play you more. Your Marth is something else.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Results:

Placings:
1: Overswarm (Metaknight)
2: Tactical (Lucario)
3: Equi (Wolf)
4: Greg Chandler/Delvro (Luigi)
5: Lucky (Ike)
5: Xisin (Marth)
7: Les Herbst (Meta Knight)
7: Judo (Shiek)
9: David Perry
9: Ray R.
9: Casey C.
9: Andy Baker
13: Andre
13: Mayling Yap
13: Hilt
13: Clay Willett
17: Chris Ratliff
17: Cameron H.
17: Neil Dutta
17: PhilipNeeley
17: BBQ
17: Pengiun
17: Jonathon R
17: Calic
25: Chrissy N
25: X
25: Ian Applegate
25: Al Bundy
25: Jinx
25: Charles Yap
25: KFChris
25: Eric Riddle
33: Ramrod
33: Michel B.
33: Shannon May
33: Eric Reid
33: Burke
33: Sam *****
33: CaseyStidham
33: Brandon Larry
33: Seth Coomer
33: Silver
33: Ben Dean
33: Pawmd
33: Greg Shardon
33: Michael Lee
33: Gilbert
33: John Hays
49: Knuckles
49: Matt Chick
49: Hero
49: Rusty
49: Justin Yap
49: Craig Vaughn
49: Ace .J.T

Congrats guys!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
like i said earlier Eric, I dont think anyone would have complained if it wasnt overswarm you were delaying it for. But because it was him and his name was well known, people complained thinking you were favoring him. If another person did the same thing in the tournament and you DQ'd him, but not OS, then it would have been alright for them to get mad. But you didnt, so they shouldnt.

You did well hosting your first tournament. I know how stressful it was, seeing as how I was TO for the first time yesterday... again, louisville and lexington need to get together for more tournaments. It was definitely a fun weekend though, and you can count on louisville being at your next one. And seeing how it's on a saturday, we should be able to at least double the people we bring.

see ya next time ^.^

Top Bottom