• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/6 *P*L*U*R* Presents "Pres buttanz n` junck!"

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Btw, If anyone hosts a tourny and doesn't know how to use tio please let someone who does set it up so that the good players are even throughout the deal, no offense to PLUR, i know it was his first time.

Anyone that has placed top8 in the past 3months should be taken into account really. At the minimum the power ranked players should be spread out.

Malk

Smash Champion
lol why the **** do you care so much?
They will have to face anyway
and no one watches the matches so "grand finals" doesn't actually apply

stfu no jones no fixing brackets

Malk

Smash Champion
so all the NC teams are now all the top teams?
your analogy sucks ***

There is a valid argument for basing brackets on location, but without pools any modifications based on 'skill' are just biased and unnecessary.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
so all the NC teams are now all the top teams?
your analogy sucks ***

There is a valid argument for basing brackets on location, but without pools any modifications based on 'skill' are just biased and unnecessary.
Duke and UNC are both top10 teams. Wake Forest and NCSU are at least ranked fairly high, so ya they are some of the top teams.

In smash its pretty clear who some of the top players are. It would be great for the rest of us if we forced dub, rag, karn, and lozr into one bracket and made them knockout each other early, but thats stupid.

Obviously you can't please everyone as far as playing matches with ppl they know, but we should try and work out the top placing players so they aren't in brackets with other top placing players.

Malk

Smash Champion
If all four of those players were in the same bracket, only one would be eliminated before loser's finals anyway... and loser's finals is 3rd place, SO they would've been eliminated anyway....

BOOYA

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
im still amazed of that boys determination to stay on his feet when he had all those defensive players trying to bring him down. It was just amazing

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
If all four of those players were in the same bracket, only one would be eliminated before loser's finals anyway... and loser's finals is 3rd place, SO they would've been eliminated anyway....

BOOYA
Actually 2 of them would be eliminated before loser's finals.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Yea, you should totally make these monthly. My dad would be much happier if I went to closer tournaments.

btw next time EVERYONE BRING MELEE.

PLUR, you should make a rule that if you bring Melee with a set-up they don't have to pay a door fee, but not for Brawl. Everyone will bring Barwl regardless.

rhan

Smash Hero
I was thinking about making these monthly.

Would anyone be opposed?

I promise I'll turn AC on next time.
Who ever opposes is a homo.

PLUR, you should make a rule that if you bring Melee with a set-up they don't have to pay a door fee, but not for Brawl. Everyone will bring Barwl regardless.
I can agree with this. But then that could tick off some of the just Brawl players. Then people might not even come. :/

Maybe I can make one every now and then at least.
Start going to these in March-ish. Prweeeeeze? :3

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'll be trying for Gboro that month, maybe I'll be able to do this too. Who knows?

YL vs Falco...Ima start goin Mario on ya to make it fairer so I can play ya longer bro.

rhan

Smash Hero
What? Are you doubting my ability to beat your Falco? It's ok. That just means I'll beat your Mario and Falco in the same day. Jk

I don't play many good Mario players so I guess I'll be a little crippled in that area. But when you do beat my Young Link, be prepaired for my secret character. :p

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Nono, I'm saying that matchup is too unfair. I wanna make it more even so we win by skill, not character choice. Bro love Rhan.

Mario WDs alot, watch out. Woo power *****.

rhan

Smash Hero
I like the unfair matchups, I just like challenges in general.

If you wanna go Mario you can. It's a change then just playing the high/top tier characters all the time. I just like playing new people and watching different play styles. Maybe you can play my other characters as well.

rhan

Smash Hero
It's gonna be fun. Too bad we have to wait soooo long before I'm free to do whatever... :(

Edit: Also when I come down I'll probably bring my little bro along and S-Man cause first year licensed drivers can have one immediate family member and one non family member in the car with them. So they'll tag along with me. My brother is only 13 but he's a crazy *** Samus and the experience would be amazing for him. :p

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Samus does dumb things to Falco. =p
Malk's Samus always beats my Falco. >_> <_<

What? Are you doubting my ability to beat your Falco? It's ok. That just means I'll beat your Mario and Falco in the same day. Jk
Bro Challenge

I can agree with this. But then that could tick off some of the just Brawl players. Then people might not even come. :/
No it won't. I know them.

rhan

Smash Hero
Do things like late March. But not like interferring with Vilt's tourney. :3

I'll possibly be able to make both of them then.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I think you should do something in February, and try to make this as "monthly" as possible. You don't really need to make all on like "the 2nd Saturday of every month," just once a month if you can pull it off.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I think you should do something in February, and try to make this as "monthly" as possible. You don't really need to make all on like "the 2nd Saturday of every month," just once a month if you can pull it off.
Also don't interfere with other tournies.

rhan

Smash Hero
Dark Hart's blue too....

I wish my name would go a different color....

My name in pink would be sexy. <.<

Top Bottom