• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2/11/06 Orlando FL SSBM Tourney

derf

Smash Ace
exarch: im leaving for orlando around 7pm on friday. 6 at the earliest...ill call you tomorrow evening. you still got my cell?

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Doodah: no.
Derf: 7 is fine, but i'd prefer to leave right after dinner, idk when that will be. I can call you when we're done here.

I will see most of yall tomorrow, and the remainder the day after. One more thing:

All you CFL smashers--since this is the official CFL chillin thread--derf and I are goin to the jax tourney-wish our ish GL, CFL OMG REPRESENT??

derf

Smash Ace
yea the departure time isnt really all that flexible b/c i have an exam ill need a nap after and i have to go to a walk in advising appointment that could take 2 hours.

and im not sure about jacksonville yet. the more i look at it, the more it looks like 2 days before christmas. i dunno, ill talk to you about it tomorrow

co_and_me

Smash Lord
OK say I am going to win the jax tourny you guys have to let me lol. If its down to us you have to let me win cause i said so.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
had a lot of fun. few shoutouts.

Melee guy-sick fox. thanks for being my 1st opponent to send me to the losers bracket. lol. Hope to play ya again.

Derf- Crazy fox, good friendlies hope to do it again.

Everyone else, thanks for playing. Had fun and glad i actually got beat quite a couple of people in the tourney. :)

MetalGemini

Smash Cadet
Yea, I had fun too. I lost badly, but I still got the experience. Man! If only I had been able to play for these past two weeks.... then maybe my game would be that out of shape! :laugh:
Oh well....
Ne way... Sup Derf! Hope to see you around, and same goes for the rest of you. (Even though I live like a HOUR away from where orlando is! :laugh: )

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys thanks for making GIGABITS second SSBM tournament a huge sucess. With that note and a comitment to get info to you guys as soon as I can heres the prelim info for the next tourney.

ALSO For those that are interested(or know people who are) GIGABITS will be holding:

a Mario Kart Double Dash Tournament on 1/21/06
and a 2 on 2 Halo 2 Tournament 1/28/06

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GIGABITS LAN Center will be holding it's third Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament Saturday February 11th 2006. More info coming soon.

Tournament Setup:

Singles and Doubles with a MLG Ruleset. More details coming soon ;)

Prizes:

Prize Information coming soon

http://www.igames.org/CenterMinisiteHome.asp?LocationID=4566

See GIGABITS website at www.gigabitslancenter.com

derf

Smash Ace
heres the results that i know. sorry that coincidentally my memory only extends to my placing, but oh well....

1) dark falchion
2) exarch
3) fenrir
4) (blah sorry i cant remember your smashboards name)samus player from the melbourne crew (awesome samus by the way)
5) derf
5) ?

thanks for the shoutouts ihatethecape and metal gemini. it was nice meeting both of you and i hope to see you guys in the very near future. on that note: i hate the cape: i'm sorry for putting off the subject of central florida smashfests for so long...but yeah, the long and short of it is id be willing to come down with probably nafix (and maybe goldwing???) for some fests in the orlando area...specifically, talk to dark falchion and hiroshi/uuaa/vericz about it and see when/where is good for them. actually, ill talk to dark in a couple of days and get his input and pm you. anyone else with interest in this pm ihatethecape (or me i guess)

fenrir: omg im never fox dittoing you again. youve gotten a ton better since kissimmmee even. keep it up

melbourne guys: sorry again i dont have all your smashboards names down, but it was nice meeting/smashing with all of you. see you soon

dark falchion: too good. play dragonquest 8

kenny: thanks for putting me up friday night and for the smashfest. if i dont see you again before you go (and i hope thats not the case), good luck down south

exarch: also too good

andrew: hey hey nice falco. im sure ill be seeing you and fenrir around soon

kevin, hozart: nice seeing you guys again. sorry we didnt get any matches in, you both look like youve gotten freakishly good

co and me: hey it was awesome seeing you again. hopefully we'll get more falcon/samus action in before you go back (Don't Gooooo!!!!)

everybody else at gigabits: it was nice meeting all of you!!! and wow was this tournament amazingly fun and well run. thanks gigabits for letting me set up the tvs!!!

ill check back and as i recognize people ive missed ill update

merry christmas everybody

i

co_and_me

Smash Lord
yeah dude play was fun I was just glad i actually found the place and before everythin was over. Anyway I think my samus improved like 2 fold from where i started. I started bad cause i am rusty against good players and havent eaten in like a day or slept much. LOL anyway no JOHNS. I am siting here at 3 am as thomas and kenny go at it. I think its funnythat we are smashing and not sleeping. Anyway I was glad everyone was there and I got play against people.

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
shoutouts

exarch-man, u know wut i think off your peach, and her @55. your getting so much better technically. keep it up.

meleeguy-dude, those fox dittos were sooooo much fun, double shb all over the place, plus insane shine spikes everywhere! u REALLY need to come up here more often.

derf-ill check out dragon quest 8 lol

coandme-man, i havent seen u in forever. didnt rock the samus till later in the night, ur still a beast. u need to move down here and smash with us more, lol.

melbourne guys-u all are great players, angry-sweet ness, chris-ur samus is awsome, marth guy....-didnt play u, fox guy....remember the things u learned at this tourney, and practice up for the next!

andrew-FLs best pichu!!! ur pichus real good, especially in team matches.

kevin- youve gotten a lot better since last time, keep rockin that falco, its getting good.

hozart-best icys!!! omg, your icys are tooooo good. its scarey to think that you get better with them EVERY time we meet up.

everyone else-lots of fun at this tourney, and i enjoyed playing everyone. cant wait tille the next one.

MetalGemini

Smash Cadet
Mwarhead said:
GIGABITS LAN Center will be holding it's third Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament Saturday February 11th 2006. More info coming soon.

Tournament Setup:

Possibly a 2 on 2 tournament with a MLG Ruleset. More details coming soon ;)

Prizes:

Prize Information coming soon

http://www.igames.org/CenterMinisiteHome.asp?LocationID=4566

See GIGABITS website at www.gigabitslancenter.com

-NOTE- I have edited the original thread for the tourney instead of making a new one so that you can read the history of our previous two tournies. Thanks to everyone for making GIGABIT's Second Tourney a big sucess with a 24 player turn out. Let's hope the next will be even BIGGER! :chuckle:
Sounds great! Except for the fact that I suck at 2 v 2 and I always end up killing my partner!
(Sorry to who ever I 'accidentally' killed when we were on a team :chuckle: )
Can we please have a One on One tounrey again?! PLEASE?!
(Ill still show up either way! ;) )

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
MetalGemini said:
Sounds great! Except for the fact that I suck at 2 v 2 and I always end up killing my partner!
(Sorry to who ever I 'accidentally' killed when we were on a team :chuckle: )
Can we please have a One on One tounrey again?! PLEASE?!
(Ill still show up either way! ;) )
Maybe we should hold both :)

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Great tourney, even better smashfest

shoutouts

kenny-I can't thank ya enough for housing us melbourne players, that was mighty kind of you. Your fox is a freakin beast too, kept getting the best of my ness and y. link like every match :p

exarch-you were hilarious man, go go sarcasm! Your peach owns too, **** float canceling! had to take me out of the freakin winners bracket :(

Derf-You were too freakin good with c. falc, Inspired me to try and pick him up now. thanks for the gg's and knocking me out of the tourney ;p

DF-Fun money match, enjoy my 5$ :)

Ice Climbers player-its too bad we only played one match, it was pretty close too. I'd love to play ya some more next time we go up north (and there will be a next time, believe it!)

I'll give more shoutouts later, kinda tired right now

Go go central florida!

Vijin

Smash Ace
Big thanks to Kenny who let us stay at his place for the night, and the smashfest till 4:00 AM was great.
And to all the people I played, Kenny, James, Josh, Derf, Exarch, those were great matches. I've learned so much from you guys; hopefully I can place a bit higher in the brackets next time :p
Hope to see you guys at the next Tournament!

Jarlax

Smash Cadet
Awesome tourny, and thanks for housing us Kenny. James, thanks for knocking me out of the winner's bracket :p. I can't believe how much better you seemed to be in the tourny than you were in the smashfest. Exarch: SARG!!!!!!!!

This is the Melbourne crew Marth player BTW.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
i believe you knocked me out of the tourney Jarlax. hehe. did u knock out a samus/falco combo in the 3rd match? if not forget what i just said.

MetalGemini

Smash Cadet
Kenny - I think it was you who was fox and wave dashed like crazy...
Yea well, I decided to practice with it and you were right about what you said. It truely does speed up your game and just pretty much improves everything you do. I practiced all day to day to get it down with Samus. OMG is it killer! THX for the info about it.
OH yea.... Plz let there be a 1 v 1 tourny next time!

exarch

doot doot doot
Great tourney, im a little slow with shoutouts this time...

DF: i don't even think i need to say anything. your marth is beyond good. There's an obvious reason why you won this tourney, if you ask me. I'm going to have to improve quite a bit to begin beating you again.

Fenrir: wow your fox is so not gay XD. its really good though, i still can't believe i beat it. GGs mang. major propage: CFL's best fox hands down. Oh and thanks for not spamming the infinite of PPC-i respect you for that ballzy of a decision. Shnine spike a ness out of the PKthunder2??? your fox is sick with the shine. Its like watching shined blind again and again.

andrew: good falco, i don't remember any 1v1 if we played, all that time is running together. Falco can wave shine fox on a side note. (assuming you want to beat fenrir) get some bombsoldier vs masashi vids, you shouldn't lose to a fox everytime (unless he's rediculous at shine spikes... wait a minute...)

Derf: Best luigi in FL, best luigi in the US??? Oh yeah and massive props for the 100% flatland infinite on link, just don't pull that crap on me !!orz!! Your falcon is so controlled its really fun to watch (and play against) too good mang too good.

co: yeah i'd say you samus doubled in ability through the games you played. Too bad you couldn't make it in time for the tourney. Your gonna have to take this jax tourney by force though. You look ******** rusty right now. Lets see if we can't fix that.

Kenny: stop using green fox on samus! wow STD. I don't know what it is but i don't get tired of playing you. you just need more tourney experience if you ask me. play vs more people, etc. thanks for the housing, and GL in SFL.

Hozart: I love your icys. don't even think for a second that mine are better than yours. My icys WD around and do jack **** looking for a grab, dash attacking. Your WD around and use all moves. you know what to do with icys in what situation far better than i do. the only thing i do is use grabs slightly more effectively. We'll teach you chaingrabs and then your icys will be even more rediculous. Glad to se you placed relatively high in the tourney.

Kevin: where did your falco come from? I can't believe how fast your improving. Keep it up, and you'll start beating me.

Lobster: Goodness, good Ness. then switching to playing your y link was so confusing. you placed pretty high with your low tiers. Good ish mang.

Chris: Nice Samus, I felt like an idiot when you blasted me with the second beam cancel. Good games, and way to place high with samus. One of the better samus's i've seen.

Vijin: i'm guessing you were the fox player: you're beginning to catch on to this game. I saw improvement during the smashfest. you're going to be giving lobster and chris a hard time really soon if you keep improving at that rate. Get your techs down and you'll be a pain to beat.

Jarlax: get off the ground! marth wins in the air. Learn DBLSHfair, and your game will improve tenfold. playing vs you was a matter of waiting im my sheild for the fsmash and punishing. get in the air boy, and grab more. SARG all the way.

Brandon: urgh i was dieing to play you ganon. dirt bag not showing up for the tourney...

I'm sure there's people i missed, but i'll update when i realize.

derf

Smash Ace
melbourne shoutouts. now that ive got your smashboards names down, here goes:

chris: awesome samus man. that beam cancel to charge shot stuff you pulled on thomas was sexy. you did some nice crouch cancel stuff out of your shield too.

angry lobster: wow thanks for the compliment. im flattered. nice ness and young link too. you fooled me like 1000 times with djc bairs out of nowhere.

jarlax: nice marth. dont be so hard on yourself in teams. you did fine. thanks for all the friendlies.

vijin: nice fox and marth. youve got a lot of tech skill. firebird stall = sexy. i dont know what advice dark gave you, but youre a quick learner thats for sure. you improved a lot from friday night to saturday night. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE???

anyways nice meeting all of you. youre all cool guys and very nice people. i look forward to seeing you soon

Jarlax

Smash Cadet
ihatethecape said:
i believe you knocked me out of the tourney Jarlax. hehe. did u knock out a samus/falco combo in the 3rd match? if not forget what i just said.
Oh yea, I definatly remember that match. I held on by my freaking fingernails to barely beat you in the 3rd match.

Exarch said:
Jarlax: get off the ground! marth wins in the air. Learn DBLSHfair, and your game will improve tenfold. playing vs you was a matter of waiting im my sheild for the fsmash and punishing. get in the air boy, and grab more. SARG all the way.
Yea, I know I have to work on my air game. It's probably my biggest weakness. Well, that and my predictability of dash-crouch cancel-fsmash.

exarch

doot doot doot
Wow my shoutouts are always so long. YES HOLD BOTH TEAMS AND SINGLES!!! That would be friggin awesome.
Man CFL cant get enough tourneys. Hey smashfest in January! Where at IDK, but lets figure it out guys. We gotta do something (at least) once a month to stay on our game. Who's goin to SACS with me?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
My god finally a tourny I can attend. Co, you better be there. Can't wait to show off my Samus. PLease hold singles, I need the experince.

MetalGemini

Smash Cadet
The tourny should be:
On a weekend.
In January.
Singles and Doubles.
Really good.
Lots of fun.

So, yea. Thats what the tourny should be next time......
:samus:

-Edit
Funny..... An Xbox advertisement in a Gamecube game forum. Strange......

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
exarch said:
Wow my shoutouts are always so long. YES HOLD BOTH TEAMS AND SINGLES!!! That would be friggin awesome.
Man CFL cant get enough tourneys. Hey smashfest in January! Where at IDK, but lets figure it out guys. We gotta do something (at least) once a month to stay on our game. Who's goin to SACS with me?
melbourne plans on going, we'll see ya there :p

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
ok, so it looks like I lied. I'm actually posting again before the new year...

Anyways, a few shoutouts for now, but I just have a couple of things to say.

1. My birthday is in Jan....maybe I could convince my parents to let me hold the fest???? No guarantees (or even optimism, right now) but it might happen...

2. Rock: Get your butt up here. You want free money? You're gonna have to earn it, man. You haven't seen me for a while, and I have become the space animal killa. Ask derf. I will ownzorz j00r boxorz!!111!!1!!1!!111oneoneone

Exarch: I just want to say that you are the only person I would have done that for. I'm not sure why, but I couldn't make myself stoop to that level against you. I also didn't like having to face you twice. Either way, that's just bad. I mean, if I am the only one to beat you, then that's bad, but if you beat me, that's bad too...
It's kinda funny, really... In the end, you just wanted it more than I did. I kinda stopped caring...otherwise, I prolly would have pulled the lambchops strat...

DF: you better watch out for me, man. I would have had you if I didn't do that really weird SD in the 3rd match. I still can't figure out what happened there. But you enjoy your time on the C. FL throne, it won't last much longer...gwa. I do think we looked like Ken and Azen in our match, though. I wish I had that tape...

Angrylobster: I'm still high over that shine spike. Heh. I don't even know why I tried it. lol

DF (again): I can shine spike a Mario's up-b???? What the heck was that?

Hozart: Nice IC's, man. I want to play you again. I wasn't all there in that match, but you were really good. I'll see you around.

random people from the tourney who might or might not have an account here: Thanks for all the comments on my Fox. I really appreciated it.

I'll get you next time, Exarch, and your little POOCHIE too!!!11!!1!!!11!!!!1111

I'm out. Not sure when I'll be back on...

derf

Smash Ace
AAAAHHH meleeguy get that goldwing quote out of your sig. youre not supposed to know he said that (and the actual quote was "and mavericks mom's not too bad to look at.")

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
dam man me and uuaa should have been there. but he had family over andmy parents hate me now and arent letting me go anywhere anymore. man and this time all these new people came and i wasn't even there. my falco and uuaa's fox did get a lot better. uuaa is just getting too crazy. but my falco is steadily progressing. but i am spending too much time playing halo 2 so you guys might find me to be rusty. well hopefully i make the 3rd tourney. and fenrir i am going after you. i am hearing all these little hints of you getting a lot better. but i beat you once, so i can beat you again. and my falco really did get a lot better.

-hiroshi

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Fenrir VII said:
ok, so it looks like I lied. I'm actually posting again before the new year...

Angrylobster: I'm still high over that shine spike. Heh. I don't even know why I tried it. lol
must you remind me of that ultimate pwnage? I had totally placed that outta my mind lol :urg:

co_and_me

Smash Lord
I still wanted my MM with you angry. I was going to get it in at the end of the tourny but then u guys headed out for a little then u didnt want to play when u got back. Anyway I figured i could do a $5 cause i didnt get to enter the tourny. Anyway I think I could have taken you once i got back in to the groove of playing.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
co_and_me said:
I still wanted my MM with you angry. I was going to get it in at the end of the tourny but then u guys headed out for a little then u didnt want to play when u got back. Anyway I figured i could do a $5 cause i didnt get to enter the tourny. Anyway I think I could have taken you once i got back in to the groove of playing.
hehe, sorry bout that man. We'll play at the next one :) All of us were pretty much ready to head out cause some of us had to work in the morning :p

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
meleeguy-apparently you can shine spike marios up b, one frame im guessing......and u get it everytime u freakin phsyco, lol. I think its the same with ness's up b.

Kryian

Smash Journeyman
Am I to assume by the size of this thread that this tournament could have a quite decent turnout, perhaps even worthy of a trip down from Tallahassee?

Or is it just huge because it's been up for a few months? :/

Top Bottom