• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2.B.A. MASTER: The New PT Video Thread

Magik0722

Smash Champion
roll constantly

Wow what a stupid last game

also one tip: Remember that RC is a constantly moving stage, allowing for zero swtiches almost everywhere

your ivysuar could have rolled to the left and switched.

T-block

B2B TST
I find rolling is the easiest way to get past marth's sword flailing, as long as you're smart enough to stop once he starts punishing you for it... He didn't seem to catch on this time though...

Okay I just watched it again and I didn't think I rolled that much lol... I guess I was pretty nervous - I've never beat him in a set before. You see how ridiculous a set has to be in order for me to win haha

Asa

Smash Hero
Lol mindgames with pokemon trainer's platform

Why do you prefer not using charizard as much against marth?
And can marth's dolphin slash always connect before squirtle can jab after a grab release?

T-block

B2B TST
^ Are you serious? I just assumed I messed up lol

On a stage like Battlefield where air releases aren't as much of an issue, I prefer to start Squirtle and then use Charizard as more of a stock tank later. I used to start Charizard, but I found I'd take like 70% really quickly...

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
no he messed up. squirtle has a one frame advantage so dolphin slash should never come out.

Kith

Smash Ace
On Rainbow Cruise, I managed to f-tilt to jablock to up-smash someone on the boat as squirtle :-D 'Twas delicious lol.

Kith

Smash Ace
Oh, btw I'm working on a combo video now :-) lol. It's not reallly a combo video, more of an...OH **** video :-P. Full of moments just like that of my signature :-P

Asa

Smash Hero
Good stuff. I like sonic videos; the sonic just runs around and suddenly you're at 90%

In the first 3 videos, you almost always DI'd left when sonic used his uthrow on you

How come no hydroplaned usmash? Probably would've made killing with squirtle easier

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I am terrible with hyrdroplaned upsmash is why. XD I need to practice it more, haha.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I am terrible with hyrdroplaned upsmash is why. XD I need to practice it more, haha.
If I ever meet you again will teach you the ways of the Hydroplane. I literally took a day out of my life to learn the Hydroplanes. Theyz E_Z

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Psh, what you mean "IF?" You know I'm gonna see you over Thanksgiving break!

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Wait, y'all are seeing each other over Thanksgiving? Sooooooo jealous. I need to be taught the ways of the Hydroplane as well. I suck at forward hydroplaning.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Wait, y'all are seeing each other over Thanksgiving? Sooooooo jealous. I need to be taught the ways of the Hydroplane as well. I suck at forward hydroplaning.
The AT Thread is pretty specific. In short it's regular Hydoplaning only you are doing the motion super fast. What happens is where you run and tilt the analog stick back to go into **** animation, you immediately tilt it diagonally up along with A+Y (regardless if you have tap jump on or off, I have tested this) and that will cancel out your shift and you will be shot forward performing the upsmash. I'm still trying to find out how I did the hydro F-smash but instead of it going in the opposite direction of my movement, it actually goes in the direction I'm sliding in. It's very random when it happens.

@zig- I sent yea a message. I'll see what I can do, but I will totally show you how to to the Hydo techs. If I can't make it to LasT 4 expect me to make a Hydro AT vid with everything I know.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
the forward hydro-f-smash should be somewhere in the at thread i think

someone posted how to do it a while ago
I did read how to do it but when I try to do it I end up failing epically. either I'm looking at my controller to make sure my finger movements are precise pr I'm looking at the screen, not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
You shellshift and when coming out of the shellshift animation hold Z and the C-stick in the opposite direction that you are going. What will basically happen is the ability to charge a smash attack by using Z+C-stick will be combined with the hydroplane. Thus you slide while charging an F-smash.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
that has yet to be discovered however I'm sure it's been tried. As for now only upsmash has a forward hydroplane.

T-block

B2B TST
Cracker1204 said:
This has been known for a while but I dont see it in the list:

squirtle:

you can shellshift and than use f smash the opposite direction as everyone knows but you can also use it in the same direction your shellshifting in.

first do a shellshift, then IN the shellshift switch your control stick to the opposite direction your shellshifting in and press C + z in the direction you want to f-smash.

example:

running right
shellshift to the left
control stick input to the right
C stick to the left (if you want to do the f smash forward)
z (if you want to charge your smash, If you dont charge it you wont glide)

from the at thread. i never bothered practising it much, so i don't know how hard it is to do consistently, but i do know that this does work.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
from the at thread. i never bothered practising it much, so i don't know how hard it is to do consistently, but i do know that this does work.
From what I found when learning the Hyrdoplanes, is that when you have to use Z and the C-stick, I usually do either a hydrograb or the smash itself.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
i don't really know what you're talking about

isn't the f-smash what you want to do?
Soorry, I suck at explaining things.

You know how the Hydro Fsmash has you use the Z button and the C-stick together while shellshifting?

Merely when I was learning that, when I would mess up on the Hydro F-smash I would do the Hydro grab because the difference is mainly timing of when you hit the buttons and at what angle you hit the C-stick at.

Ex: Run right, go into shellshift animation as you change your direction, right as you are in the coming-out-of-the-shell animation of the shell shift you simply hit Z+Cstick left to do the Hydro Fsmash.

When I mess up on that and accidentally hit the C-stick down at a 45 degree angle I do a Hydro grab. I remember that the way I did it was simpler than how the AT thread explained it.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
good match, great zard spacing.

terrible music. lol.

are you going to phase 2?

Toby.

Smash Master
phantom x took 47% to one flamethrower. that's LOLDI right there.

That having been said I really really liked watching that match. Your spacing was great, especially at the beginning.

Thanks for uploading magik.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
He was likely trying to punish with an aerial by DIing into Flamethrower. I heard he was kinda out of it that day. :/

As stated earlier, nice spacing with Charizard, Magik.

Oh yeah, and I thought we had a guaranteed fsmash on the edge on Wario if we hydrograb him to the edge, but it didn't work in the video.

Top Bottom