• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2.B.A. MASTER: The New PT Video Thread

T-block

B2B TST
we don't have guaranteed smashes on wario, except for maybe the top of u-smash - he can always jump out.

wario can get to charizard through flamethrower pretty quickly if he gets caught in the middle of the flames =\ i've been hit by u-air while using flamethrower before

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
we don't have guaranteed smashes on wario, except for maybe the top of u-smash - he can always jump out.

wario can get to charizard through flamethrower pretty quickly if he gets caught in the middle of the flames =\ i've been hit by u-air while using flamethrower before
Haha, that's what I was trying to do when he was flamethrowing me but I was SDIing lazily.

I'll try to get some footage (hopefully recorded in sexy quality) with Steeler and Magik this weekend though.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Wow great stuff magik.....it coulda been the matchup but it really seems like your zard wasnt fedning very well at all in those matchs.....

Anything in particular you felt was wrong with it or was it just suited samus vs zard advantage??
I mean I barely saw any RS so I dunno I could jus be misjudging

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Its hard to be successful in approaching with zard, its even harder to land rocksmash. But because samus has a very low damage output and KOing power, the approaches you are succesful in will be enough to make up for it.

Besides rocksmash is only an average move anyhow.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Yea that would be awesome! You can also play magik. I think he beat steeeler

Xyro77

yea magiks ivy was impressive. ive always thought ivy was the WORST of the 3.

Xyro77

yea man i remember you from west coast smash league!!!! there was another pkmn t there by the name of adrian. you and him did double pkmn t in teams vs me and hive. does he still play

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Just finished watching your vids versus Xyro, Magik--good stuff, man. Couple questions:

1) What was the upthrow for as Charizard in the fourth match? I've just never seen it used at that percentage before.

2) Your Zero Switch in the fifth match as Ivysaur to Charizard was to get to Squirtle faster, right? If I'm thinking correctly, this is an example of switching from Ivysaur to Charizard at mid-percents so that Squirtle's then fresh, correct?

Toby.

Smash Master
Charizard can't pressure samus on the horizontal plane. It's likely that magik knew this and decided to tilt the odds a bit more in his favor by preventing xyro from being able to zair him. It also succeeded as a way to bait that dair, allowing for a fly kill.

Worked pretty well.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I had thought of the positioning for the Fly KO, but I hadn't thought about your former explanation. That makes a ton of sense in this situation. I'll definitely start thinking about upthrow from now on if I'm up against a character with a superior horizontal pressure game.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Samus cant do much against an opponent below her, dair comes out kind of slow, similar to rob who has a blind spot below him.

and yeah that switch was for charizard to come out mid percentage on that stock

Bomber7

Smash Hero
wow. that does make since.

Suggestion: have this kind of stuff in Reflex's guide.

I never realized this for Samus. considering I don't play samus much.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
@ Xyro - AD (Adriel) quit pt but he still brawls.

@ Magik - I would disagree, yeah Dair is a little slow, but Samus has soo many things she can do to you at different percents out of a dair.

Like Dair > Full Charged Shot

Dair > jab lock if you miss the tech

Dair > to any smash

Dair is business.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
panicking sucks. I try to not but sometimes, one that last match on that last stock especially after it's a 1-1 game, I start to think about it and I too get impatient and I screw myself over. Dont worry about it bud. walk away and lick your wounds and come back stronger.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Japes is legit against snake

just make sure they dont secondary falco

though to be completely honest i got rainbow against snakes, japes would be my next choice after it

Toby.

Smash Master
I've done ok on japes against snake in the past, but if they camp properly it gets super hard. Especially since they know the only way we're going to be able to kill them is horizontally. If they stay away from fair they pretty much win.

Although watergunning them into the rapids on the far left is the bessst.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
magik is right and japes is probably the best stage for you to camp snake on

Top Bottom