• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20XX Music Manager v1.2f [Update 2016-04-14]

Acryte

Smash Ace
So I use Nintendon't and have a black screen. I'll try using Dios Mios I suppose, the big red flag for me aside from that however, is that I added 20 tracks and the ISO went from 1.35gb to 1.06gb... this doesn't seem correct to me. What's going on?

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
So I use Nintendon't and have a black screen. I'll try using Dios Mios I suppose, the big red flag for me aside from that however, is that I added 20 tracks and the ISO went from 1.35gb to 1.06gb... this doesn't seem correct to me. What's going on?
I would read the previous page, there is quite a conversation about how to do it.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Right, but why did my ISO get significantly smaller when I added 20 tracks of music to it? Because I don't think playing it in Dios Mios is going to make a difference when it comes to a potentially corrupted ISO.

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Right, but why did my ISO get significantly smaller when I added 20 tracks of music to it? Because I don't think playing it in Dios Mios is going to make a difference when it comes to a potentially corrupted ISO.
That is why I wouldn't recommend using Music Manager. I don't think it will work either. I prefer to either use Music Manager with only roots, or I personally use these two things
https://smashboards.com/threads/mel...a-hps-builder-v1-1c-update-2016-04-14.434288/
in combination with this
https://smashboards.com/threads/the...ack-pack-v4-05-update-3-17-16.351221/page-150 ?
I have added a 110~ songs this way and it works fine. Also, this method works better because it keeps the song titles. To rebuild, use DAT Texture Wizard https://smashboards.com/threads/dat-texture-wizard-current-version-5-0-1.373777/ as besides from being vastly superior to gcr and gcit in every way, it can also rebuild an iso to larger than normal which will happen when adding music files. It can also add files directly to an iso, so you should be able to do this without messing with roots, although for a large number of songs it might be faster to rebuild from a root. Adding songs means making a larger file which at some point stops working in Nintendont so you have to use DIOS MIOS which I don't like as much, but it still works. Although DAT Texture Wizard shrinks the files so maybe that isn't a problem anymore.

Last edited:

TJLupinek

Smash Rookie
What do you use to execute the .jar file? i'm using winrar and everytime i try to open the file it gives me 4 folders called "main", ""org", "visionCore" and "META-INF"
Just incase you haven't figured out another way of getting custom music into 20XX, or figured out that you can right-click the Winrar file inside the music manager and open with Java. But all you need to do is right-click the winrar file and open with Java.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
When I try to use the version of Music Manager in the current version of Melee Toolbox, the tool just sits on the "moving audio files to root directory" screen when I go patch a root. Am I doing something wrong?

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
Uhhh I think I found a glitch

6eb035b48ec3d1cb6cd21a9f6fe92e7b.png

I've used this tons of times and it's never happened. This happened when I finally replaced the 76th song. Luckily I had a backup

SIGMA_sigma

Smash Rookie
I tested this with a total of 137 custom audio tracks and a directory size of 1.9gb.
Hey Deconimus, this tool is a godsend. Thank you so much. Just a quick question though, how exactly did you have a directory size of 1.9 GB? Every time I try to rebuild my ISO on GCR wtih a root directory size of 1.36 gb or higher, it throws an error stating that "the resulting image is too big". How would I circumvent this? It's the only thing stopping me from adding my infinitely large music library :D.

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Hey Deconimus, this tool is a godsend. Thank you so much. Just a quick question though, how exactly did you have a directory size of 1.9 GB? Every time I try to rebuild my ISO on GCR wtih a root directory size of 1.36 gb or higher, it throws an error stating that "the resulting image is too big". How would I circumvent this? It's the only thing stopping me from adding my infinitely large music library :D.
If you read some of the previous messages, there are many posts detailing different ways to accomplish this. My suggestion https://smashboards.com/threads/20x...update-2016-04-14.434669/page-3#post-21463452

DillyCombo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4356-3938-1531
Having troubles putting songs in
I've tried
Downloading a whole new 4.05 root folder
Deleting a song to put in my song
Deleting 2 songs to put in my 1 song
And just not deleting anything and see if my song can go in
When I select patch it doesn't go past the mark shown in the picture, 45 mins later.

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560

jmlee337

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
LEE#337
Thanks man, this is the 4th different method I've used and the only one that actually worked.
if you have a reliable method, might be worth writing a post on it?

the original author of this tool, Deconimus seems to have completely disappeared

Jadelocked

Smash Rookie
Hi,
I am trying to use this with Java in Linux but the log is getting this error:

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program ""/home/jadelocked/Desktop/20XX Music Manager/res/exe/GCReEx.exe"" (in directory "/home/jadelocked/Desktop/20XX Music Manager/res/exe"): error=2, No such file or directory
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
at main.USBConversion$USBConversionProcess$USBConversionThread.gcreex(USBConversion.java:607)
at main.USBConversion$USBConversionProcess$USBConversionThread.run(USBConversion.java:459)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:247)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:134)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
... 2 more
'MnSlChr.usd' not found.
Exception in thread "Thread-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
at main.MainWindow.<init>(MainWindow.java:195)
at main.Main.openMainWindow(Main.java:265)
at main.RootSelection$5.onFinish(RootSelection.java:213)
at main.USBConversion$USBConversionProcess$USBConversionThread.run(USBConversion.java:478)

I tried marking the .exe file in question as executable, Java should be able to do it, I thought it was platform independent?
Would you happen to know how I can get it to work?
Thanks,
-J-

Jadelocked

Smash Rookie
I know man, I went as far as trying to use Windows Java in Wine and get that to work, but the help results at that point are people saying Java is platform independent and should be able to do it if the jar is coded right. I'm wondering if this would be an easy fix, I'll even modify the code myself or something.

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
I don't know if there were any changes in 4.06 that would break compatibility. Why don't you try it and report back?
i'm not 100% positive if it's true, but after adding music using this method some textures on dreamland and battlefield, as well as metroid lab and metal cavern, don't work anymore and freezes the game on the stage select screen. now, i haven't added songs in manually yet to test if it's something on my end because of the time it takes to add all of my music, but this is what i've observed

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Yup. I have used it a lot, and it always messes something up. I don't use this anymore.

jmlee337

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
LEE#337
hmm, well Deconimus disappeared and didn't leave sources, so any problems with 20xx music manager will never be fixed

would it be possible for a mod to add a disclaimer to the OP that the program has known issues? @Achilles1515 DRGN DRGN

DRGN

Technowizard
hmm, well Deconimus disappeared and didn't leave sources, so any problems with 20xx music manager will never be fixed

would it be possible for a mod to add a disclaimer to the OP that the program has known issues? @Achilles1515 DRGN DRGN
Done.
That is why I wouldn't recommend using Music Manager. I don't think it will work either. I prefer to either use Music Manager with only roots, or I personally use these two things
https://smashboards.com/threads/mel...a-hps-builder-v1-1c-update-2016-04-14.434288/
in combination with this
https://smashboards.com/threads/the...ack-pack-v4-05-update-3-17-16.351221/page-150 ?
I have added a 110~ songs this way and it work fine. If your iso gets too large, you will need to use gcit. Also, this works better because it keeps the song titles.
Did you know DTW can rebuild ISOs larger than the standard GameCube size as well?

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Done.

Did you know DTW can rebuild ISOs larger than the standard GameCube size as well?
Yup, everytime I changed a skin I had to rebuild, so when you said you were going to add rebuilding larger ISOs I was thrilled.

SadFlyersFan

Smash Rookie
NNID
SadFlyersFan
i'm not 100% positive if it's true, but after adding music using this method some textures on dreamland and battlefield, as well as metroid lab and metal cavern, don't work anymore and freezes the game on the stage select screen. now, i haven't added songs in manually yet to test if it's something on my end because of the time it takes to add all of my music, but this is what i've observed

This happenned to me as well!

D

Deleted member 269706

Nice to know that we're all getting errors from it. Now then, it's been quite some time since I've done any kind of hacking on melee, are there any other simple ways to insert music, or must it be done manually?

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
Nice to know that we're all getting errors from it. Now then, it's been quite some time since I've done any kind of hacking on melee, are there any other simple ways to insert music, or must it be done manually?
The methods described in the disclaimer of the OP work pretty well for me, at least those are better than doing it manually

Ralph_AGM

Smash Rookie
So, the program worked fine with 20XX 4.06 but I don't know why the program doesn't open with 20XX 4.07 (++)
I've tried to rebuild 4.07's root files into the 4.06's ones, but it crashes right when I boot the game. any solution?

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
So, the program worked fine with 20XX 4.06 but I don't know why the program doesn't open with 20XX 4.07 (++)
I've tried to rebuild 4.07's root files into the 4.06's ones, but it crashes right when I boot the game. any solution?
It won't open 4.07++ because it can't find the MnSlChr.usd file in the root. Prior to 4.07, all iterations had this file, but as of 4.07, there are two: MnSlChr.0sd and MnSlChr.1sd. In order for it to work, you have to rename one of these (.0sd or .1sd) to MnSlChr.usd, do what you need to do in the program and save, rename it back to its original name, and repeat for the other file. It should work, I just used it a while ago

Ralph_AGM

Smash Rookie
It won't open 4.07++ because it can't find the MnSlChr.usd file in the root. Prior to 4.07, all iterations had this file, but as of 4.07, there are two: MnSlChr.0sd and MnSlChr.1sd. In order for it to work, you have to rename one of these (.0sd or .1sd) to MnSlChr.usd, do what you need to do in the program and save, rename it back to its original name, and repeat for the other file. It should work, I just used it a while ago
makes sense lol, thanks a lot.

Umbry789

Smash Rookie
This tool seems really useful but is not working with 20XX v 4.07++. It works with v4.05 though...

How I insert both files in the root if both files will have the same name?

Last edited by a moderator:

DRGN

Technowizard
This tool seems really useful but is not working with 20XX v 4.07++. It works with v4.05 though...

How I insert both files in the root if both files will have the same name?
Temporarily, one will be named MnSlChr.usd (the program will work on this file when you use it), and the other can be named anything. Use the music manager to work on that file, then, swap the names of the two files, then use the program again; so the program should then do the same thing to the second file. When you're all done, one should be named MnSlChr.0sd, and the other MnSlChr.1sd (doesn't really matter which is which, but .1sd is the one normally used as the one containing the Tri-CSPs; if you reverse them, the Debug Menu option regarding Tri-CSPs will also be reversed).

Alternatively, if you know how to use a hex editor, you could copy the modified hex from the first file, and paste write (not paste insert) it into the second file. You could diff your original MnSlChr file with your modified one to see what area needs to be copied. If you don't understand this part, just use the above file renaming method.

Top Bottom