• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been keeping up with the hacking scene and haven't played in a long time.

I was thinking about getting back into it. How is everything going? What codeset is PAL up to? Is it possible for us to use custom characters like Roy and Mewtwo? Or even ones created in BrawlBox like Knuckle Joe?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Anybody knows if we can use hacked custom songs yet? What folder to put it in and if a code is needed?

SlayerKillz

Smash Cadet
I think its been a year past that no one has ported the file patch code. But who cares now. I'm fine with textures. But I have some BRSTMs in my SD Card when it gets ported...

MRDSBOY

Smash Cadet
I think its been a year past that no one has ported the file patch code. But who cares now. I'm fine with textures. But I have some BRSTMs in my SD Card when it gets ported...
0_0 A year?! Woah. Hopefully it get's ported soon along with the updated CSS codes.

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
Are there any differences between 4.1 and 4.2
Only physic-related changes, well, maybe lever freezer and deadlands were released in 4.2 and I pasted them to the 4.1...tell me if so.

No way there's been a year, more like 6 months. Not even file patch v1 has a year (one month left I think).

Anyway, sure 6 months is too long, but c'mon, we are lucky to have Paprika Killer with us, he's doing the job (almost) alone. I'd want to know how much has already done though.

-ZoZo-

Smash Rookie
Hello, sorry for my bad english, I'm french ^^
I've question :

What the PAL code for the Strap.
In a other page, I see I must have strapfr (fr for my) but... I load my iso brawl and i see in Menu2 a sc_strap_fr.pac. So I take this and change, I put in this in pf/menu2/sc_strap and sc_strap_fr (if sc_strap don't work) and it don't work...

So, is there a simple code for PAL version for strap ? I use the file remplacement v.3

MysticLink93

Smash Rookie
Only physic-related changes, well, maybe lever freezer and deadlands were released in 4.2 and I pasted them to the 4.1...tell me if so.

No way there's been a year, more like 6 months. Not even file patch v1 has a year (one month left I think).

Anyway, sure 6 months is too long, but c'mon, we are lucky to have Paprika Killer with us, he's doing the job (almost) alone. I'd want to know how much has already done though.
Well, The Paprika Killer is doing LESS than 5 little codes that are requested by other people.
After that, it's File Patch' turn. :)

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Just got back from holidays, anything new? PK hasnt posted anything yet? O_o. Hopefully he can teach someone else to port codes so we can help.

Yavanna

Smash Cadet
Hello I wanted to know if we could replace hanembrow with training room in PAL? I have brawl+ but there is no waiting room and the camera isn't free... Is it just me? And then can we change the stage with another from subspatial adventure?
Btw I saw that Dasdonkey was going to realise Cloud soon, will we provide of that wonder or is it only for NSTC?

-ZoZo-

Smash Rookie
Sorry but, no new for the strap PAL ?
I see on this topic a post who say I must have strapfr.pac and put in pf/menu2, with file remplacement v3

But it don't work.
Help me please *-*

Kaiser6012

Smash Cadet
Just a brief question... is it possible to edit the CODEC recordings when Snake contacts his team on Shadow Moses Island, and is it character specific?
I'd just love to be able to put in custom CODEC calls for, say, my Giygas texture or a Crono skin I've got.
I acknowledge that this is very much in the "you want to WHAT?!" and "No way in heck!' piles, but a guy can hope, can't he?

Also, I'm sorry to join the howling hordes that seem to be baying at PK for it, but: muuuuuuusiiiiiiiic. Ever since I heard that it was possible in NTSC I've been hanging out for the custom musics but it's just never hit our shores.

Finally: Go go Paprika Killer! I do hereby dub thee "PK Awesome!", the real custom PSI that Ness and Lucas have.
Peace, love and gaming to all!

Faha

Smash Rookie
Hello

i have a few question

1. can someone give me a code for playing on online waiting room please
2. when the css fix works and can someone give me a working css code please?
3. have somebody i cool psa for olimar?

Yavanna

Smash Cadet
Hi!
1. For the waiting room download brawl+, someone told me it replaced new pork city (I haven't tested yet I don't have my wii). If you don't want Brawl+, I think someone gave the code in this topic, cherch near page 23 if I remember well but I'm not sure.
2. You have it p30. It can't be used on brawl+.
3. I have never seen one. Try to cherch on kitty corp new mix forum, there are a lot of PSA.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Ive been reading but there really isnt much to post about until PK does something. So we really dont have much to do. His profile said he was last active 2 hours ago so is he just not reading or cbf?

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
@kamistriker: You could learn for yourself how to port codes if you have the time. I'd do it myself but I have some real johns. You can begin with this video (haven't seen it, just a fast search, hope be useful). Try this forum too.

If you learn something (I guess porting must not be that hard) contact PK to try the codes which hasn't been ported yet.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Well i did have the time but im starting school today D: Ive been wanting to learn to port but PK never responds tomy PM's. Ill look at the links when i get home from school. I think we might need a USB gecko to port alot of the codes though ><.

HyperGumba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Taro_Kuroyoko
3DS FC
4227-1462-6701
Um,I dunno how far the PAL section from the codes and everything succeeded since I haven't played hacked Brawl for some time now,how far is the PAL codes doing right now?
I've read some stuff until now,we still can't replace music,right?

MRDSBOY

Smash Cadet
Um,I dunno how far the PAL section from the codes and everything succeeded since I haven't played hacked Brawl for some time now,how far is the PAL codes doing right now?
I've read some stuff until now,we still can't replace music,right?
Nope. Not yet.

BrOWSER

Smash Rookie
I am searching a hacker who have enough time to search codes that do not exist.
Anyone ?

Yavanna

Smash Cadet
Hmm... I just went on KC-MM forum and they talk about Cloud in brawl....
And he won't be aveble for PAL until we port the code :urg:

Please could anyone work on that when he will be realised?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Hmm... I just went on KC-MM forum and they talk about Cloud in brawl....
And he won't be aveble for PAL until we port the code :urg:

Please could anyone work on that when he will be realised?
available*
released*

Not trying to bash you, just correcting ;p

Regarding porting characters pacs... Well they could do it themselves. It should be pretty easy. You really mustn't expect others to do it, especially because, well, things are going very slowly regarding PAL. We have very few porters. Paprika Killer was an active porter, but he has got tired of porting. He has done it for a very long time and it's pretty boring after all lol.

:053:

-ZoZo-

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'll want know how make code, because I think codes for the Strap and the background menu hack with mu_menumain aren't so hard... =D
Thanks ^^"
(For PAL xD)

Skippy The WerePenguin

Smash Rookie
Hai, im pretty new here (considering i just joined a couple of days ago xD), and i have spent the past hour or 2 reading the entire thread (it is thread isnt it?, lawl sorry, ima nub :p), i didnt take much in. And im pretty shy posting stuffz around this here forumz, but, is there anything close to a css that includes alloys? or something that allows the usage of alloys. Reason being me intrieged by how psa and brawlbox have evolved, using models and such (unless iv have my facts wrong D:) and seeing that some require alloys, but im guessing iv asked too early for this, but im wanting to know :D

terry12312

Smash Rookie
Pics or it didn't happen.

Nah,just joking. I am just kinda worried if it will ever come out... (but maybe I just get me a NTSC-Brawl and stuff)
You'll need an NTSC wii too to play NTSC brawl.

Unless you find a way to hax your wii into ignoring region blockage without bricking it (if there isnt a way for that yet)

SlayerKillz

Smash Cadet
Btw the way to port w/o a USBGecko is possible! I port them all the time! Just port from known codes for example.

If a code was NTSC And it look like this...
4A000000 9000000 <-- [Example NTSC]
And there was a same code. Like this.
4A000000 98000000 <-- [Example PAL]
Paste over it. Or ask someone else cause I suck at explaining! XD
You can do this with another code with the same values for NTSC :)

Cheers, SlayerKillz

Top Bottom