• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2GG 3.5 CSULB Sponsor by NOS UMVC3!

DJMirror

Smash Master
hey this is kira

stab says he's gunna cut you (not directed at anyone in particular)

also THEdendypretendy is the best commentator and hilarious and awesome and all that good stuff

also it was great to see everyone again, especially all the old school players

thanks champ and nealdt for hosting a great tourney

got to see some hype matches today

Lovage

Smash Hero
fun tourny!

happy with how i played, even tho mangos ****in gay and wouldn't try vs. me

shoutouts to baka for doing it big
shouotuouts to lanstar for salt - next tourny baby do it again!

and shoutouts to kira + connor for coming out and still being good at melee haha

btw a results thread would be cool

bbb

Smash Champion
these are the worst ****ing tournaments, I don't know what it is

but I'm always pissed as **** driving home

Charoo

Smash Champion
next event is on April 9th

PATCH NOTE

brinstar and rainbow cruise are legal singles counter picks now

Singles only! Doubles makes the tournament last too long.

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
1: lovage; YAYY! good jobbb on winning 1st (:
2: Mango; -.-
5: ConnorTheAdolescent; It was nice seeing you again, i missed you<3, nice to know you still got it ;)
5: westballz; WESTON! what a Sexy MARTH ! :p
7: macd; Must deff play more MVC3 with you... (:
7: replicate; Joe (:
9: lucky; Good job in MVC3..
9: 24; isaac >_<
9: mikehaze; Nice meeting you (:.. i'll be sure to use the C stick when i play Melee
13: Socal's Best Link; Nice Link
17: J666; JESSON<333333333333333333333333333333333333333
25: jason; JKUNNN. i missed you man.. go to tourney more yeah?!??!?!?!?!??!!!!
25: peligor!; You are too dope.. Nice peach (:
25: e40; Efotah... You got thiss (:
Danimals; hope we can meet up and play mvc3, it was nice to finally meet you
Derek ; its always funny hearing your commentary
Cathy; feel better
CHAMP & NEAL; THANK YOU!

Johnny S2J; -.-

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Gonna get the salt off me so I don't have to think about it anymore: it's really damn lame that I win a set on Brinstar, get told Brinstar isn't allowed, get pissed and lose the extra game I have to play and NOW Brinstar is allowed in the future. GGs Bone, no hate on you because you were playing really well, but I was so damn frustrated with the situation during our last game. At least doubles went really well, <3 Baka, we should team again.

Emily: You're awesome. I hope you had fun playing Marvel!

</salt>

P.S. Lanstar, if you're serious about that MM maybe we can do it in the future, I wasn't feeling it after my singles troubles. You are good. Respect.

MacD

Banned via Administration
Singles only! Doubles makes the tournament last too long.
:(

lots of people love teams, and it's like half the fun of tourneys

if you actually start doubles right at 1, there will be more than enough time, we didn't start it till like what, 2 or later? and we should have finished teams a lot sooner, idk what happened with people disappearing but finishing teams in the middle of singles wasted time too. considering me and mango had matches to play but couldn't cause of teams

no one holds the community accountable for time, we always end around the same time regardless of when we start. me and lovage once ran up to like top 12 of a 32 man bracket soooo fast (like 1 hour?), we ended up finishing a little too late (zhu had to go and was in grand finals) only because everyone wanted to record stop during top 12

basically, start the tourney when you say you will, sucks for everyone who is late (next time they won't be if they wanna do teams) and we can still easily finish by like 7 or earlier (idk what late is to you though)

if you really don't wanna do teams then can we at least do pools for singles? it'd make the tourney a lot more worth their while for those who normally go 0-2 (giving up a whole saturday/gas money/etc)

baka4moé

Smash Champion
^ what he said. doubles is soo much fun, at least for me lol. and pools would be awesome/worthwhile otherwise.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Singles only? I approve.
Me too.

Although I wouldn't mind having pools instead of doubles =)

Smashers show up late because they know they can get away with it. If there was a TO that was strict about DQs we would definitely begin to get there earlier. I remember Aesis was a good example of this, he actually got smashers to line up outside of a venue by 10am.

On the other hand it's pretty hard to DQ your friend =( And we are spoiled by people like Azn Lep lol

Kira-

Smash Champion
Dave: good matches. you're really good and sorry if I acted immaturely after our set.
It was good seeing you Connor. I forgot exactly what you said, but you said something sometime after our set that made me think that you had grown up and become quite a bit more mature than the last time I saw you. I don't even remember you acting immaturely at all. In other words, don't worry about it =)

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
My memory card got left in someone's cube, I think it was the recording setup. Black memory card with "Chris" written on it. Let me know if you have it.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I'm gonna be done with my Saturday class by then so I'm definitely gonna look forward to going to this tourney.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
i think doubles shouldnt be a problem as long as you force everything to start on time..

looking forward to this, hope i can make it!

DendyPretendy

Smash Cadet
DendyPretendy's funsta rock some commentary again but this time EVEN LOUDER!!! Those youtube h8rs deserve death above all else!!!!
Also, Kira thanx for reppin The DendyPretendy so hard ;) He tries... sometimes to hard...

Charoo

Smash Champion
It's not that doubles start on time or not but it's the fact that doubles created a fixed time for singles to start later no matter what.

By having doubles, I have to guess and make singles starts later at say 3pm. Even if all I have is 4 teams and start at 12PM, I wont be able to start singles till 3PM because it's scheduled that way. If I make singles starts at 1PM, but doubles have 30 teams, then singles will be moved back and people who wants to play singles only will just have to wait.

This is fine BUT it is very obvious and common at every tournament that people who are not currently in the tournament will play friendlies, money matches, and other things that occupied the TV. This makes the tournament last longer and no matter how many time I say to don't play friendlies during tournament, people will still do so.

I would also like to bring up the fact that people always come late for the tournament. Doubles doesn't start at 2PM because I want it to start at 2PM, it's because people don't get there till the last minute. If we all agree that at 1PM, I will end the doubles sign up and no one complains, then lets do it.

I'm not a good TO. I just do it cause some1 gotta do it. I don't like positive feedback and would rather hear negative feedback. It only makes me better at it. I will bring doubles back later when I get a couple more set up, but for this one, no doubles.

in other news

Good News Everyone!

Donations from 2GoodGaming!
Thank you to the benevolent Champ for helping all bus riders with donations! For every tournament he hosts, a part of the venue fee will be donated to the bus, thus lowering bus ticket costs. That’s a very good thing! Another good thing is, that the donation is NOT FIXED. Meaning, the more people that show up to his tournaments, the more he will donate to our bus fund. Awesome!

Also, I'm gonna start hyping up MJ2. Get ready for it

pools sounds good. I would rather do pools over doubles. As long as it means every1 is there on time instead of certain group (singles people) coming later. I just want everyone to be there and register on time. I also need people to help me run pools too though

POOLS FOR 2GG? Top 8 man bracket?

@Dendy - ur commentary is great. Keep up the great work. Neal approves too

@ peligro - I'm sorry that happened. I copied the rule set from a Norcal tourney. Then, Lovage told me Brinstar and RC shouldn't be banned. So I put it back in.

p.s. I don't like to blame the community for my own mistake. I just need to try harder. Especially if I'm gonna host MJ2

baka4moé

Smash Champion
nice post Champ. i think doubles, at least for the next time, is definitely worth it, as long as we start it strictly when we say we will. doubles is actually my favorite part XD, and probably for some others too. as for scheduling, is it bad to just say to start singles whenever doubles ends, instead of fixing a singles time?

good to hear there are pools tho ^_^ but top 8 making it to bracket seems pretty scary lol, it might deter some people from entering. just my thoughts. :)

Lovage

Smash Hero
@ peligro - I'm sorry that happened. I copied the rule set from a Norcal tourney. Then, Lovage told me Brinstar and RC shouldn't be banned. So I put it back in.

well i do think they should be banned, but what i said was that almost all tournies leave them on right now so it's what people expect.

don't really care about them being on nowadays only ***s pick those levels (and floaties)

MacD

I would also like to bring up the fact that people always come late for the tournament. Doubles doesn't start at 2PM because I want it to start at 2PM, it's because people don't get there till the last minute. If we all agree that at 1PM, I will end the doubles sign up and no one complains, then lets do it.
like i said, this has become a community standard (at least in so cal), no matter what the TO says, we expect teams to start about 1, and if people are running late we wait for them. the only time this'll ever change if someone steps ups and just starts the event, basically saying "**** you" to whoever isn't there.

if anyone ever lets me be in charge of a tourney from the beginning, i will gladly do it. everyone *****es about times and whatnot, but if you guys didn't show up at 2:30 then maybe we could end early and do crews or whatever and still be done by 8

also if you want help running stuff, i'll gladly help you with melee and yell at people or whatever needs to be done

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I agree with MacDaddy69.

One of the reasons I stopped goin to Smash tourneys was cuz the tourney starts early as **** and somehow ends up finishing late. AKA waste of a Saturday night.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
dang no doubles. I would've gone 100% since macsauce and I were gonna team. I'm debating on going now that it's just singles.

MacD

i woulda gone 100% too just to team with connor

now i'm 50/50, half of me still wants to play singles and compete like always

but half of me doesn't want to put up with the BS that comes from certain people

what to do... what to do

Lovage

Smash Hero
yeah not sure if i feel like driving the 90 minutes out there for just singles... <.<

just sayin

D

Deleted member

if you guys ***** out i shall follow suit

champ please put doubles in so more people will come lol you might get a way lower turnout

hugQ Cortex

Master
There should definitely be doubles to give players like oscar and macdaddy more of an incentive to come. A tourney without most of the ranked players is pretty meh.

LuCKy

Smash Master
aye champ. maybe let doubles happen and let me and macd run it? well be there early and have no problem dq'ing people. :D

give us one more chance for doubles.everyone is usually there on time to start except like me/mango/805 n johnny. so basically johnny n oscar be here n we can have doubles :] then dq everyone and try to run that **** asap. **** gets going fast when the players are cooperativebut all of us are comfortable as hell with doing absolutely nothing. we could definitely make **** happen quick as hell if everyone is ready to play n we get one or two people who knows everyone so they can find them quick n make them play.

*cough i need a ride mccain* :] looooool

Charoo

Smash Champion
man I hate u guys for being so cool. If I didn't love melee so much then I wouldn't do this

DOUBLES TOMORROW AT 1:15PM SHARP

Sign up for doubles end at 1PM. Once it htis 1PM, I'm not adding any1 in no matter what.

Melee schedule:

Doubles: 1:15PM
Singles 2PM

That's final. Spread the word

Top Bottom