• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3/27-3/28 Gainesville Tournament #5 I.A.A.T.M.! (It's All About The Money!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
this tourney was amazing had mad fun nice seeing all of your faces and so did my sword. I told you guys...prepare yourself.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
This was a really fun tournament, definitely glad I went. Great meeting/playing Outlaw, Crush, mrFTW, Monk, Kyon, RedHalberd, Mampam, gallax, CrazieCuban, Lio, Max, Ricky, Kirby/Ike doubles team whose names I can't quite remember, uhh... I hope I didn't forget anyone but it was cool to see everyone and glad Ohio could make it! I'm just sad I had to go before I could play some TvC/Puzzle League...

Snake, Diddy, and Peach gave me the most trouble. :| Good luck to all of the Gainesville Melee players today, do work.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Awesome tournament guys, sorry we couldn't stay for singles, but we got home at like 9am this morning and I just woke up hahaha.

Redhalb - Awesome MM your a really good player, and I am going to be at WHOBO if you are going we can play again.
Mampam - Sorry we didn't get to MM I wanted to but, we really had to leave.
GDX - very nice Diddy, and cool *** dude. Good stuff
Lio - Awesome Toon link man, you had a lot of cool tricks and I will remember them for next time! Keep up the good ****. I also appreciate the TL experience cause I need it for WHOBO this weekend!
The other TO who played pit I forgot your name (Sorry!) but you were cool as hell.

The two mario players you guys were awesome, and everyone else who I played good stuff I really enjoyed all the friendlies I got in, and the matchup experience. Sorry I couldn't stay longer, but gratz to everyone and maybe we will play again soon.

Nope and I will be back in Daytona on July 10th-17th and maybe capem and warfi, but we aren't sure yet. So we will possibly stop in again for another tourney if there is.

Thanks for letting us chill, nice tournament and please Upload all video's ASAP!! I want to see Winners and Grand Finals of doubles along with my MM against Red, and Lio!

Thanks guys,

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Fun tourney, I appreciate you supporting the Gville Melee scene, Lio. You place was nice, and very accommodating.

GGs to Jav (omg rigged bracket), Ricky and Stephen (you guys are getting really good), Derek (you played really well today, we'll get teams next time!), Josh (sandbagged you in the second set!), and a big GG to Seth, I KNEEEEEW you wouldn't come to a tourney in your own city.

:smash:

Eternal*Ho-Oh

Smash Rookie
I heard there was a smash tournament here. I'll be sure to make my debut in the next one with my little bro (who I beat all the time...btw)

I want to cash battle everyone

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
I heard there was a smash tournament here. I'll be sure to make my debut in the next one with my little bro (who I beat all the time...btw)

I want to cash battle everyone
It's some kind of cave demon...I don't think I'll be making it out of this place alive...look at those massive claws...

CASH...BATTLE...

Props to everyone in Gville. It was great meeting and playing with all of you. Thanks for the matchup advice Lio, and thanks to all the awesome people I had great games/sets with, including (not limited to) Keyon, Monk, Crush, Ryo, Ed, Gallax, Funky, Arctic, Trumptight, CJ, Bine (o?), Cash, Allison, Lessthan3 (ow, pain), and everyone else who I cannot recall at this time.

Can't wait to do it again!

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Upload my videos. I was using the "L" tag or the "PiCHU" tag.

some much fun I'm gonna try and get up to the next one. We'll bring allyce next time gainsvillie I kinda of flopped as far as communication goes.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
This tournament was so awesome

AchiLatte made me want to pick up metaknight and every chance he got he was playing melee, this guy is raw
Lio is the coolest argentinian i've met but not just because hes argentinian thanks for the housing and letting me use your shower and sorry about the chair
Stephen you were really interesting Im glad you tried volleying with me I hope you try it with other people
Ricky is the chillest mofo we had some great games, you almost had me!
Javier is ridiculously good nice playin with ya man that peach is deadly
Which makes josh super ridiculously good and I almost had you you nice asian
Matt nice to meet you as well I hope we get to play more in the future
Dennis I have much to learn about teamwork thanks for the advice and the words of encouragement one day I'll take you down >=)

Gainesville showed me whats up in melee, I have to get stronger to compete with you guys and I plan to, everyone I met was really nice and humble keep up the chillness

I'll try to host a melee tournament here in tallahassee soon so I hope you guys can make it

BTW All the melee videos are already up on my ustream account www.usteam.tv/channel/ballistics

gallax

Smash Hero
It's more like

1. Halz
2. GDX
3. Mampam
4. Kyon
5. Ed
5. 2nLio
7. KBM
7. CrazieCuban
9. Gallax
9. Ryo
9. Trump
13. <3
13. Mr. FTW

Dubs

1. Halz/Mampam
2. Capem/Fonz
3. GDX/Kyon
4. Gallax/<3 (only team to beat halberd/mampam!!!!)
5. Nope/his partner
this is what i can remember

VGmasta

Smash Lord
2nLio: Thanks for hosting the tournament, it was lotsa fun. And Family Guy and Hey Arnold are both wins. Sorry again about the glass cup I knocked over.

Neon Ness (Brian): I had fun gettin' three stocked by you in Brawl, Ness never lives to 236% in melee. :laugh:

Ballistics (Derek): Thanks for teachin' me some Falco stuff. Falco seems like he can cover a bunch of options. I might pick up Falco just for funsies. And good matches by the way; Green Mario must've taught you well.

Jav: Thanks for giving me a ride from the venue, Saturday.

Matt: Thanks for giving me a ride from the venue, Sunday.

Josh: I still say Roy's not gonna make past mid tier, even at the highest level of play. :p

Dennis: Where did all of my air jumps go during that match?!? You must've cheated. :laugh:

Stephen: I can't wait to see how much all the Doc practice you get is gonna pay off for you.

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
Alright so I just got home and finally got access to internet since the melee tourney ended.

I didnt forget about the results thread but im really tired so i promise im doing it first thing in the morning.

pinky promise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom