• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4-21-12 K.U.B. - 5 Dollar Footdives

2-DJeff

Smash Master
lol I didn't camp you once vinyl. their's a difference in camping and not being hit by spaming fsmash players. they're only one person I camped that day and it was ryo game one and it didnt work lol.

:phone:

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I soon will be doing that too ed. I'm getting to the point that people camping me is becoming irritating. When I get irritated I focus on the true objective far more. I got irritated with you when I lost winners lol

Payne

Smash Apprentice
13: Payne :mario2: - I was almost thinking that you started to have some problematic decisions on either maining Mario or Marth for a moment. But if you aren't, keep up the good work. A pocket marth is always helpful.
Mario main till I die .

lol, its fine payne. i'll just get more enjoyment beating your sensei. :demon:
lol, jk. i'll get back at your marth soon enough. see ya around.
No one can beat my sensei .

Holy **** payne picked up marth. Thats great news. I cant wait to play over in orlando with you guys again. So many new up and coming players and still a bunch of vets. good scene.
Yessir . I need to get better with him though................. Like really bad .

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Mario main till I die .

No one can beat my sensei .

Yessir . I need to get better with him though................. Like really bad .
mario main till you die eh? then face me with your main against mine then. :p

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
It might not mean much, but it means to them that you just beat the character that they know inside and out, and who they've spent most time developing. It has a mental effect.

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
PIE

you need to be more defensive if you wanna do well in this game lol
I know, i've done it before D: I just forget to do it if i get too nervous.

Make PIe try other characters. He has to get passed being so aggro and making dumb mistakes. Retreat forward airs.
Watch Fow, space back airs.
With *** characters (trust me, i play puff and ganon, i know) you have to know all your options and try to never clank.

Just ask Payne how i played with ganon.
Safe and defensive, yet frightening and in your face.
I watch about every ness video xD but I hardly get the chance to practice. I'm trying to get more time this time around tho.

MY TURN FOR SHOUTOUTS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17: P.I.E |Cmon man if you want to catch up to KDB , you cant place 17th all 3 of us need to do rigorous training though.
Im mad how you all go byes except for me >.<
17: P.I.E - Wow, I haven't seen you placed on 17th before, lol. Don't worry man, you'll do better next time.
It woulda been 13th if I had a bye T~T but all johns aside, I'll work much harder.

being told just do your best is like getting slapped in the face.
Yeah, a wakeup slap :p

It might not mean much, but it means to them that you just beat the character that they know inside and out, and who they've spent most time developing. It has a mental effect.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I personally think it's much worse to lose with your counterpick, especially if your depending on it when you don't really play the character to begin with. I'm a true believer in sticking with your guns. However, Brawl doesn't lend to that distinction so developing counterpicks is really good....... but only if you are good with them.

D-torr for the new Slick Media.

and biggest brawl pessimist 2012
YO ULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I like that. SM | Dizzy T

I'm only like that because Meta Knight is banned. I said before he was banned and I'm saying it now. Once they took him out of the game, this game just becomes who's good against who.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Some people think that being good with a lot of characters is better than being good with one.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Some people think that being good with a lot of characters is better than being good with one.
It is better, for this game at least. However, being good with a lot means you can't be amazingly good with one, which has some merit in itself. I agree with the whole sticking to your guns thing like Dtorr said.
I'd rather be known as the guy with the legendary kirby than the guy who beat this other guy. But that's just me.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Yeah, learning matchups is vital in this game. Only when a matchup still is frustrating after putting all your effort to it do I feel right switching.

Exdeath, I'm not saying playing multiple characters is bad. I just think that it's darn near a necessity for this game and that I'm not too fond of.

CRODD

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, learning matchups is vital in this game. Only when a matchup still is frustrating after putting all your effort to it do I feel right switching.

Exdeath, I'm not saying playing multiple characters is bad. I just think that it's darn near a necessity for this game and that I'm not too fond of.
Yeah this is true to some extent but that doesn't mean you have to cp people. Ryo's Ike for example, that is the only character my boy needs lol.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Yeah this is true to some extent but that doesn't mean you have to cp people. Ryo's Ike for example, that is the only character my boy needs lol.
He doesn't need to counterpick because he's godlike with a mid tier. There's really no point playing a character below high/borderline tier and having pocket characters (unless the matchup is absolutely terrible which I don't know how good/bad Ike's MUs are) because you might as well main the pocket character if that were the case. Ryo put in the time with his character so he knows his matchups through and through.

This is just how I feel. It could be right or wrong, but I don't give a ****.

If I have to use olimar as a cp, I would do so.
Might as well main Olimar.

Use Marth instead.
:marthmelee: <3 :marth: <3 :marthbrawl:

Top Bottom